Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

strongest spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2010
3
i dont know i have seen both but theres this one that hit my friend it was 1 pip 1000 damage NOT JOKING! if u know what spell is post back. please no insults THIS WAS REAL!!!!!

Survivor
Oct 14, 2009
23
Quizzical wrote:
Some of your numbers are wrong. Judgement is 100 damage per pip, not 125. Triton is 795-875 damage, not 920-1000.


actually he is not wrong he is referring to the grand robe stats from malistair because with that robe it gives 125 per pip with judge and 920-1000 with triton

Survivor
Dec 02, 2009
1
storm lord and judgement is not strong as wild bolt. wild bolt accuracy is 10% but it still the strongest because it power is 1000 and no spell is strong as that

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
167
yall are forgeting about one thin storm lord does damage to ALL enemies so if there are four people 690 plus 690 plus 690 plus 690 would equal about 2000 damage all together

Defender
May 09, 2009
161
there really is no strongest spell because each kind of spell is meant for a differnt situation.

if your looking for a single attack against one person, then without no blades or traps it would be judgment, BUT with storm hound in a very close second (even though storm hound is only given by a pet)

if your looking for the best hit all attack that depends on how long your willing or can wait. for tempest if you wait for full power pips then yes it would be stronger (with no blades or traps) but if your looking for a more stratigetic move then it would be one of the lvl 48 hit all spells. the lvl 48 spells of course all depend on your stratagie. this is what makes a person good not how strong a spell is but how you reinforce it (without going over doing the damage) and how you save up pips.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
47
On this, i say the most practical spell in the situation would be the best. Agreeing with most people, I think Judgement would be best for a single enemy, with Triton in second. For 2v2 i think it would be Storm Hound or Heck Hound. It does a lot of damage, not including boosts for not that many pips. For 3v3 and 4v4 i would say Tempest or Storm Lord, with Storm Lord higher because it stuns and does a little bit more damage.

Arlic Deathfinder Lv. 47 myth wizard

Explorer
Aug 14, 2008
66
I like how Life, Fire (kinda), and Ice are not mentioned at all. Life was mentioned, but only for healing, and fire for the damage over time spells. Anyway, I have no clue what the original question was anymore because all the posts here and some off-topicness. If they mean flat out the strongest spell, not including accuracy or pips or any buffs, then it's going to be storm.

Anyway, I know nobody probably cares, but if you do include buffs and accuracy and pips, maybe Colossus could be thrown in there. Plus, it stuns.

I don't have any numbers on how much damage it can do with blades and traps, but it can easily go over 1,000, because I know even Wyvern can.

However, it wouldn't be one of the strongest because its 6 pips. However, Frostbite is pretty good. I only had an ice trap on my enemy and I used Frostbite. The first hit did normal damage but the second did about 500+ damage

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
84
You are going to get multiple answers on this topic.

My opinion is neither an answer or an argument.

I'm just saying that.... Isn't the strongest spell the one that is most effective? Or the one that gives a boost, depending on the school that you are fighting?

BOTH of them are strong in their own way. I honestly think that comparing them will get you alll kinds of opinions.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
11
judgement

damage per pip
low fizzle rate
no defence against it exept tower shield
get at low level
plus blades fient hex curse all that stuff = insta win

Defender
Mar 06, 2009
130
Although this goes against almost every believefe (sry i know i spelled believefe wrong x.x) in fire, i would have to say judgment is the strongest because it 100 pre pip and if you have all power pips it will attack (i think) over 4,000 damage!
Sorry Falmea!

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
1
Its really, REALLY funny how everyone is saying judgement is the strongest (I bet half of you who are saying that is a Balance Wizard). I am going to show you the pros and cons of Judgement and Storm Lord (Best)...

Judgement: Pros; You can do a reasonable amount of damage depending on number of pips. 85% accuracy.
Cons; Can only do it to one person. Depending on enemy, may not do much damage, also takes to many pips TO do a lot of damage.

Storm Lord: Pros; Does excellent damage. Stuns the enemy if doesnt kill them. Also does damage to all enemys.
Cons; Only 755 accuracy. 7 pips needed.

Now doesnt this look a little obvious! Dont even get me started on Tempest! :x

Defender
May 18, 2009
122
crazyirule wrote:
hunter33333 wrote:
Yes I agree. Judgement can probably do 3 times the amount of storm lord, but storm lord goes for all enemies, so they are pretty much both the best. It is hard to compare the two (they are both really powerful :D ).
um.... have you ever heard of Fire dragon and Heckhound?
Yes I have (who hasn't) but i dont think they are the strongest! But they are pretty good!

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
1
CatSydsMom wrote:
It's hard to say which is the strongest attack spell without knowing the situation in which it is being used. Many things have to be taken into consideration to determine a spell's "strength", like pip cost, damage per pip, boosts that can be added to the spell, and how many enemies you are fighting.

For example, many of you are of the opinion that Judgement is the most powerful. But, if you break it down, you will see this isn't exactly the case.

Compare Judgement with Helephant:

Helephant does between 600+ and 700+ base damage to one enemy at a cost of 6 pips. At 6 pips, Judgement does 600 damage even. (not counting any boosts of any kind) Lets say a Balance wizard has 7 power pips and casts Judgement. For 7 power pips, Judgement will do 1400 in base damage to one enemy. In the time it takes a balance wizard to save up 7 power pips, a fire wizard can cast Helephant twice for about the same damage, at a cost of only 6 power pips. Once you add in the boosts available to each spell, Helephant becomes even more powerful, with the added bonus of being more pip efficient.

Now Fire Dragon will do base damage of about 700 (initial damage plus damage over 3 rounds) at a cost of 7 pips. Compared to Helephant, this spell SEEMS a bit weaker since it takes more pips and more time to get the same base damage. However, say you are fighting 4 enemies. Since Fire Dragon does 700 total damage to EACH one, you get a total base damage of 2800, at a cost of 7 pips. You would have to wait three rounds for it to finish doing all of it's damage, but that is still more efficient than Helephant. For Helephant to do 2800 damage, you would have to cast it 4 times, at a cost of 24 pips.

Simply put, the most powerful spell is the one that will defeat your enemies in the most efficient manner. I wouldn't pick Fire Dragon to use against one enemy because it takes 3 rounds to complete it's secondary damage, and it costs 7 pips. I would use Helephant in this case. I would not choose to use Helephant against multiple enemies because it would be more efficient to use Dragon.

So you see, the idea of a "strongest spell" is really kind of a myth. There are many things that come in to play when choosing the best spell to use for any given situation.

Cat


The strongest spell is obviously leviathan

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
Curlygoss1 wrote:
this question could lead to an arguement, but i decided to post it anyway, i was battling a really strong guy, and he used judgement on me, i said " wow, thats the strongest move in the game" .Another guy in my team said "no, storm lord is" i totally disagree

judgement, 125... PER PIP!
strom lord, 690 to all enimies(plus stun)

judgement can do more than DOUBLE storm lords damage
plz post what you think, if you say strom lord, your wrong (in my opinion)


Ok. I just have to weigh in on this a bit. I constantly hear a lot of people talking about the only way to block judgement is with a tower. True, to a point. However, there is also spirit armor, weakness, disarm, steal charm, cleanse ward, and ice armor. Balance, ice, arena, and crown gear have natural resist either to all or balance, pets can have spell proof, and you can also get treasure and item cards of most if not all of these things so that they can be stacked. You have to weigh everything. Balance damage may be difficult to block/diminish, but its also the only damage that is extremely difficult to amplify.

I don't think you can directly compare the strength of these two spells. They have different focus. Saying that judgement is way more power doesn't make sense because to get full damage, you have to wait a lot of rounds. During those rounds, you could be casting blades and traps for storm lord. If you break it down to damage per pip, judgement (either the 100 standard version or the 125 item card version) is stronger, but, its a single hitter. Therefore, storm lords damage per pip is variable depending on the number of combatants. It can range anywhere from 98.5 to 394 per pip should it hit 4 unshielded enemies. Additionally, it stuns for one round.

That's the way I see it anyway.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
sasquach44 wrote:
i dont know i have seen both but theres this one that hit my friend it was 1 pip 1000 damage NOT JOKING! if u know what spell is post back. please no insults THIS WAS REAL!!!!!


Sounds like wild bolt. Could have had simplify applied to it, and that would have made it hit for 1000 for one pip.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
Shannoony wrote:
I like how Life, Fire (kinda), and Ice are not mentioned at all. Life was mentioned, but only for healing, and fire for the damage over time spells. Anyway, I have no clue what the original question was anymore because all the posts here and some off-topicness. If they mean flat out the strongest spell, not including accuracy or pips or any buffs, then it's going to be storm.

Anyway, I know nobody probably cares, but if you do include buffs and accuracy and pips, maybe Colossus could be thrown in there. Plus, it stuns.

I don't have any numbers on how much damage it can do with blades and traps, but it can easily go over 1,000, because I know even Wyvern can.

However, it wouldn't be one of the strongest because its 6 pips. However, Frostbite is pretty good. I only had an ice trap on my enemy and I used Frostbite. The first hit did normal damage but the second did about 500+ damage


Hey Shannoony. Colossus doesn't stun, but frost giant does. With the right combination of traps, blades, and globals, I have gotten the damage up over 20,000 (I was just curious and had time to kill before Celestia got here). I don't know if that's really a big deal though, cause it isn't very practical. Many/most of the buffs to get that kind of damage cost you pips, which cost you rounds. I don't see even ice lasting long enough in a real battle (unless you run the opponent out of cards) to assemble this kind of damage combination. Generally, I just run the numbers in my head so that when I hit the one hit kill range, I shoot. The "strongest" spell is the one that defeats your enemy in the least number of rounds.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
990
Thx to some helpers from one of my other posts (TY guys :D) I have concluded that heckhound is the most powerful spell that exists in the game.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2010
2
actually the strongest spells come when you hit lvl 58
all of these spells cost 8 pips
Balance-Ra 560-640 to all enemies
Life-Forest Lord 540-620 to all enemies
Death-Skeletal Dragon 200+810 over 3 rounds
Myth-Medusa 770 and stun for 2 rounds
Storm-Leviathan 1030 and remove 2 positive charms
Ice-Snow Angel 100+660 over 3 rounds and taunt all enemies
Fire-Efreet 895 and -90% to next incoming spell (any school)

Hunter Waterhammer lvl 36 Diviner

Explorer
Jun 03, 2009
77
These are the strongest spells to me
1:levithation
2:efreet
3:forestlord
4:fire dragon
5:storm lord
6:ra
7:rebirth
8:othorus
9:helephant
10:stormzilla
Here are my top three astral spells
1:polymorph dracon
2:gargantuan
3:unstoppable

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
81
I think tempest is the strongest, it takes 80 dmg to all enemy's, you can have more traps and more blades :D

Defender
Jul 20, 2009
198
0SMR0 wrote:
Curlygoss1 wrote:
oh sorry guys i mean Judgement does 100 per pip. here is in my opinion, top four

1st heck and strom hound - 120 per pip over 3 rounds
2nd judgement-100 per pip
3rd tempist- 85 per pip to all enimies
4th Rebirth - triton-795 to 875


Where are you coming up with Heckhound as the strongest card? As it deals damage over three turns there is no way that you will have sufficient traps to make it more powerful than Judgment.

In 1v1 Judgment is BY FAR the strongest spell, and maybe in 2v2. In 3v3 and 4v4 I'd have to say that Storm Lord and Tempest take that spot.

I made Heckhound do 1,018 damage with a whole bunch of pips, traps, and blades.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2010
1
seriously i think that storm lord is stronger because it does damage to
all enemies. :?

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
234
miker01 wrote:
These are the strongest spells to me
1:levithation
2:efreet
3:forestlord
4:fire dragon
5:storm lord
6:ra
7:rebirth
8:othorus
9:helephant
10:stormzilla
Here are my top three astral spells
1:polymorph dracon
2:gargantuan
3:unstoppable


Er, I'd put Snow Angel in there somewhere as well. It is stronger than Ra and Forest Lord. Even though it isn't straight on attack, it's good overtime. Hard to block. If you know how to use ice, then you'll be able to make Snow Angel do about 2000 per round

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
6
Add a blade and a trap the balance blades (Storm wizards, if you have a blanance friend even better they can boost even further) and a fient, then you have what i would call a BEAST spell THAT NO ONE CAN OVERCOME.

i completely agree!!!! They are beast!!!!! i can kill all celestian (NON-diviner) with a full charge tempest!!! That doesnt include balance additives, ofcourse they help alot!


Delver
Feb 01, 2010
265
driftblim275 wrote:
Get the facts Judgement does 100 per pip. here is in my opinion

1st Storm Lord - Only 7 pips for the damage of stormzilla to all enemies and stun
2nd Fire Dragon - Over 700 damage in total and 400 at once Wow!
3rd Judgement - Will up to 1400 damage without blades and traps but with 7 power pips not good enough for the 1st slot
4th Rebirth - One word Excellent 650 health to all and spirt armour you got to love it

no fire dragon does 700 hundred damage period