Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell Updates

AuthorMessage
Administrator
The following updates and changes have been made to Spells.

Mildred Farseer in Wizard City has a few new spells for you to train! These spells can also be found on creatures of the Spiral in Treasure Card form.

The Treasure Card version of Elemental Blade now works correctly, the fire/ice/storm blades should trigger with the proper spells.

Spells that attack all enemies will no longer require a target. This means that they will no longer fail to cast when the target has been defeated, but it also means that, like a self-targeted spell, there will not be a delay between selecting and casting these spells.

Storm Wizards can now craft Thermic Shield Treasure Cards with crafted Storm Shield spells.

Feint Spell will now show the correct debuff amounts - 70% on target and 30% on caster

The Seraph spell no longer has a sore throat and her melodic voice has returned.

The camera angle for the Frost Giant spell will no longer appear behind the Giant when he stun players.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
7
Feint says 30% when it goes on caster now, but when caster is hit it still shows 70%.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
678
Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
2777
sanmil0963 wrote:
Where is Mildred in Wizard City located


Mildred Farseer is near Mindy Pixiecorn on Colossus Blvd. Across from Mindy there is a path leading down to a little house where Mildred is.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
592
Yay the seraph was fixed! She sounded like a frog before. (no offense Balestorm) Balstorm is like that old singing frog guy that acts normal around owner but sings when nobody is not looking.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
25
Great News! Especially appreciate Mildred's new spells!

I want to request another spell fix:

Balance's Helping Hands spell is the only healing spell which cannot revive a defeated comrade. That makes no sense. It can be easily fixed by giving it a small initial heal like Sprite, say 30hp, and reduce the balance to keep the total the same. This would mean 170hp per round for 3 rounds.


Explorer
Nov 27, 2009
51
One visual problem I'm noticing after the new pets have come is that sometimes when your casting a spell, that the magic around the spell symbol isn't appearing right. Sometimes it's under ground or only parts of it are underground. Has anyone else had this problem? It needs to be fixed, because it's really annoying me.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
8
You guys changed the incoming healing boosts, why was that not mentioned in the updates?

It wasn't doing any harm, you guys overlook the biggest problems in this game and yet you change something that's BENEFICIAL to people?

Change back the healing boost to what it was, "wow" is all i have to say.

Administrator
If changes were made to incoming healing boosts this was not intentional. Please submit this as a bug through the Help & Support tab on the left.


madv2c3 wrote:
You guys changed the incoming healing boosts, why was that not mentioned in the updates?

It wasn't doing any harm, you guys overlook the biggest problems in this game and yet you change something that's BENEFICIAL to people?

Change back the healing boost to what it was, "wow" is all i have to say.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
8
Gamma wrote:
If changes were made to incoming healing boosts this was not intentional. Please submit this as a bug through the Help & Support tab on the left.


madv2c3 wrote:
You guys changed the incoming healing boosts, why was that not mentioned in the updates?

It wasn't doing any harm, you guys overlook the biggest problems in this game and yet you change something that's BENEFICIAL to people?

Change back the healing boost to what it was, "wow" is all i have to say.


Yeah, i did that.

Will you be adding it to the 'known bugs' section?

Hero
May 19, 2009
791
Defender
Dec 11, 2008
128
I broke out my Myth GM for a few minutes earlier and noticed that when I cast minotaur that I didn't get my attack bonus (I cast 2 sword's before casting minotaur) for my 2nd attack... when and why was that changed? I've not used him really in a long time since he can't earn XP at the moment, but if that part is gone for the double attacks, then that stinks. I didn't try traps, have those been taken away from the 2nd attack as well?

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
I LOVE the new dispels for life death myth and balance especially balance because in pvp if you dispel judgement it takes all their pips which makes balance now beatable

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
2
Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
24
crusher2488 wrote:
I broke out my Myth GM for a few minutes earlier and noticed that when I cast minotaur that I didn't get my attack bonus (I cast 2 sword's before casting minotaur) for my 2nd attack... when and why was that changed? I've not used him really in a long time since he can't earn XP at the moment, but if that part is gone for the double attacks, then that stinks. I didn't try traps, have those been taken away from the 2nd attack as well?



1 blade's bonus applies to the whole attack (both hits). Been that way for as long as I've played. Now prisms and traps you need 2 of, but only 1 of each blade.

Hero
May 19, 2009
791
Delver
May 29, 2009
264
bravevline wrote:
I LOVE the new dispels for life death myth and balance especially balance because in pvp if you dispel judgement it takes all their pips which makes balance now beatable


The Balance dispel (Unbalance) did not make it into the live realm update. It was only available in the test realm.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
1
Honeybee313 wrote:
sanmil0963 wrote:
Where is Mildred in Wizard City located


Mildred Farseer is near Mindy Pixiecorn on Colossus Blvd. Across from Mindy there is a path leading down to a little house where Mildred is.
:-o ok

Explorer
May 02, 2010
77
Not sure if this was intentional but Mildred Forseer for some unknown reason does not appear on the map adding to the confusion.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
18
compguru1 wrote:
Not sure if this was intentional but Mildred Forseer for some unknown reason does not appear on the map adding to the confusion.

It is intentional, because Mildred Forseer is a "Secret Trainer".

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
I love the new spells but they should had added unbalance, the balance dispel that they had in test realm










{o,o}
|)_)
-?-?- P.S: copy and paste the owl to all your messages to help gamma take over message boards.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
42
alex12222000 wrote:
Great News! Especially appreciate Mildred's new spells!

I want to request another spell fix:

Balance's Helping Hands spell is the only healing spell which cannot revive a defeated comrade. That makes no sense. It can be easily fixed by giving it a small initial heal like Sprite, say 30hp, and reduce the balance to keep the total the same. This would mean 170hp per round for 3 rounds.



THANKYOU for bringing this up Alex because I would like to amend your argument. I can live with helping hands not reviving a fainted wiz but here's what I don't get: WHY are the healing over time spells (sprite, helping hands) NOT boosted by healing boosts from jewelry? That just doesn't make sense to me at all. My balance master with the ruby signet 15% outgoing boost is useless with sprite and helping hands. I would really like an admin to explain the logic behind heal boosts from jewelry NOT boosting healing over time. Thx and all comments are welcome

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
593
When will the Crafting Recipes and the Library Editions of these Dispels come out?