Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sayter or Feint

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
23
Okay so on my level 18 i'm trying to decide what spell I should get first when I get to MarlyBone/Mooshu Please Help

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
Generally speaking, I'd train Feint. If you're Balance, you probably have health for days, but lack damage. If you still need Satyr, you can often find treasure cards at the bazaar.

(Edit: Said Ice for some reason before. Probably because of forum icon.)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4952
christopher iceswo... on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
Okay so on my level 18 i'm trying to decide what spell I should get first when I get to MarlyBone/Mooshu Please Help
Getting to either world has nothing to do with training a spell.
To train Feint, you must train all Death spells up to and including that spell.
To train Saytr, you must train all Life spells up to and including that spell.

The choice is yours depending on how you play. Balance does receive a healing spell so Death may be a better option.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
23
RavenLady777 on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
Getting to either world has nothing to do with training a spell.
To train Feint, you must train all Death spells up to and including that spell.
To train Saytr, you must train all Life spells up to and including that spell.

The choice is yours depending on how you play. Balance does receive a healing spell so Death may be a better option.
I know that what i'm mean is that when I reach that level i'll be doing sidequest and zekes quest so i'll be ahead

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
43
Satyr seems to be good. Players Mostly choose life as their second school.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
34
Colin Stormslinger on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
Satyr seems to be good. Players Mostly choose life as their second school.
personally, I had as my secondary but then I switched to because it gives more damage. You can always buy fairy's at the bazaar or in celestia.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
34
christopher iceswo... on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
Okay so on my level 18 i'm trying to decide what spell I should get first when I get to MarlyBone/Mooshu Please Help
But also I would train for feint, because it gives more damage you can get heals at the bazaar.

Geographer
Sep 19, 2013
855
Morgan McDonald on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
personally, I had as my secondary but then I switched to because it gives more damage. You can always buy fairy's at the bazaar or in celestia.
Don't do that. Fire might do more damage now, but at high levels you won't have the blades or gear to boost the damage much, even if you have a mastery. As a Balance, you really don't need Life at all because you have your own heals, but you lack damage. Feint all the way, buddy.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
christopher iceswo... on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
Okay so on my level 18 i'm trying to decide what spell I should get first when I get to MarlyBone/Mooshu Please Help
Feint is far more helpful for a wizard. You have your own healing spells already, no real need for satyr.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
34
Robobot1747 on Dec 4, 2014 wrote:
Don't do that. Fire might do more damage now, but at high levels you won't have the blades or gear to boost the damage much, even if you have a mastery. As a Balance, you really don't need Life at all because you have your own heals, but you lack damage. Feint all the way, buddy.
Well true, but I could always buy blades for it plus I could also buy gear that kinda helps out both. Also, the heal balance has is kinda bad so ........

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
83
Morgan McDonald on Dec 5, 2014 wrote:
Well true, but I could always buy blades for it plus I could also buy gear that kinda helps out both. Also, the heal balance has is kinda bad so ........
Never train a random school as a secondary fire is useless to balance. You won't get anywhere trying to do that.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
34
The Fire on Dec 5, 2014 wrote:
Never train a random school as a secondary fire is useless to balance. You won't get anywhere trying to do that.
While you say that, I only chose it because I quest with my step dad and he has a fire char. I picked it so that we could like " balance" each other out. Besides, I think I'm going pretty good with it :p
Morgan Dreamthief Level 84 and (lol)

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
83
Morgan McDonald on Dec 9, 2014 wrote:
While you say that, I only chose it because I quest with my step dad and he has a fire char. I picked it so that we could like " balance" each other out. Besides, I think I'm going pretty good with it :p
Morgan Dreamthief Level 84 and (lol)
You say that now,eventually it then becomes probably one of the most useless things you could do. Balance like all other schools (sometimes depending) should train Tower shield and feint, since balance has there heals they don't need life. Eventually if you don't get these spells you probably aren't serious about the game.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
23
Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
34
christopher iceswo... on Dec 10, 2014 wrote:
Getting feint because I really lack damage
Boom lol nice pick

MorganDreamThief Level 84 and ;D

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
34
The Fire on Dec 9, 2014 wrote:
You say that now,eventually it then becomes probably one of the most useless things you could do. Balance like all other schools (sometimes depending) should train Tower shield and feint, since balance has there heals they don't need life. Eventually if you don't get these spells you probably aren't serious about the game.
If I wasn't serious about the game, then I wouldn't be playing. and while people should train for tower and feint, and the heal for balance (no offense KI) sucks

Morgan Dreamthief Level 84, Loving her character of and

Survivor
Jul 20, 2013
2
Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
23
Morgan McDonald on Dec 10, 2014 wrote:
Boom lol nice pick

MorganDreamThief Level 84 and ;D
#balance Rulzes lol

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
34
christopher iceswo... on Dec 14, 2014 wrote:
#balance Rulzes lol
Lol True Dat Hope you enjoy your new feint

Morgan Dreamthief Level 84 and

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
96
Morgan McDonald on Dec 5, 2014 wrote:
Well true, but I could always buy blades for it plus I could also buy gear that kinda helps out both. Also, the heal balance has is kinda bad so ........
LOL!!! The heal balance has is bad? With a critical it can easily do 750+ healing PER round.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2010
15
Balance has Availing Hands as a heal...and it isn't bad at all (especially if it criticals)

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
34
Shayden181 on Dec 23, 2014 wrote:
LOL!!! The heal balance has is bad? With a critical it can easily do 750+ healing PER round.
Well if you lazy like me to get avaling hands (lol) then yea, its kinda bad, especially because it is very rare that i crit because it hates me

Morgan Dreamthief, Level 84 and