Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Recommend Crowns Gear for level 100+ Diviner

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 20, 2016
Hello All -

I started playing the game recently and am having some difficulty getting the right gear. I've been following the guides on here and others and I agree that Darkmoor Malistaire gear is the best for any level 100 wiz, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting it.

I've gone through the dungeon about 10+ times, and am yet to receive any of the top tier gear. The gear I did get, seems slightly less useful that my current WW gear, except for the health boost.

I'm tired of farming Darkmoor (I know it takes a lot more than 10 tries but I do not have the time to farm so much), and my experiences with team-up haven't been all that great. So for all these reasons, I've decided to forego the Darkmoor gear, even if it means buying crowns gear.

Here's my problem : I have no clue which crowns gear to go for. I prefer an overall set like the Waterworks gear, and would like a level 100-125 equivalent of that. Could anyone suggest something universal? I'm willing to invest in crowns and packs for it. Although would like a more surefire option than buying 100s of packs and hoping for the best drop.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Samuel Seasword

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
I go with the robe from Rattlebones Exalted duel and hat from Krokopatra's Exalted duel as a close second to the Malistaire gear. The good thing is you only need 3 friends for one battle.

I do the Spiral Event for a free Professors hoard pack and a chance for boots. Failing that there are some good boots that can drop from certain bosses( I think it was Majoris?)plus the second tier aren't bad either. That's level 110.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
You could try crafting. The level 95 crafted gear in Khrysalis is actually quite good. Crafting the robe, especially, can get you another 10-15 levels in the game and then add a crowns hat, boots and wand if you'd prefer.

Crowns gear that is reasonably decent for a Storm wizard and easy to get: Professor's Hoard (hat, boots), Wysterian (boots), or Road Warrior's (hat, boots, wand).

Also, the Celestian spellemental boots for Storm/Ice were surprisingly good. One of the newer sets, the train robbery gauntlet pack, has fairly decent hats for damage and robes with high resist. That's another option. I find mixing and matching can work well when needed.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven, 140
Sierra Stormcaller, 116