Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Random Messages?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
272
I don't really understand why there is the option to send private messages to people you don't have them as friends?

Must of the time I get some private messages that I don't even know were they come from.

I know, just by right clicking on individual's name on text chat log, anyone can send unexpected messages. Most of the time some players will send bad messages or asking to gift them.

I really think this right clicking on names in text chat log should be disable to those who are not added as your friend.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2425
Daviato wrote:
I don't really understand why there is the option to send private messages to people you don't have them as friends?

Must of the time I get some private messages that I don't even know were they come from.

I know, just by right clicking on individual's name on text chat log, anyone can send unexpected messages. Most of the time some players will send you bad messages or asking you to gift them.

I really think this right clicking on names in text chat log should be disable.


Sorry, Daviato, I disagree with that. I have on occasion used that when I see someones language starting to get out of hand. It is easier to warn them by using that option rather than trying to text chat over everything else being said at the same time. At least by being able to private chat in that manner, you know the person got the message. At this point, if the person chooses to continue with bad language, I simply report them......I only warn them if the bad language is mild, otherwise........................reported.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
387
Historian
May 01, 2010
665
I like to use it when I am talking to multiple friends at once, I have seen someone try to talk with 5+ friends, and his screen at almost a standstill with the amounts of times he brings up each friend's page, so yea.....

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
272
watsupdog111 wrote:
it would be unfair to remove it because of your needs.


Apparently you guys never fully read and understand.

No, it should Not affect with friends you texting with.

It should ONLY affect those who are NOT in your friend list. Those who are not on your friend list, they should Not be available to send private messages.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
272
slammer111 wrote:
I like to use it when I am talking to multiple friends at once, I have seen someone try to talk with 5+ friends, and his screen at almost a standstill with the amounts of times he brings up each friend's page, so yea.....


Again read the post, this should only affect those who are NOT in your friend list.

Therefore, players that are NOT on your friend list will not be available to send private messages by right clicking on your name. You will have that option to right click ONLY on friends.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2425
Daviato, Watsupdog111 is right.

Many of us use this option even chatting with some that are not on our friends list. And as I have already stated, it is an easier way to warn someone away from the course their language is taking without having to try to fight through all the other chat showing up on the screen. Myself, I prefer to not get into a public display in this kind of situation.

No one is forcing you to use this option. If someone is doing this to you, you can just ignore it and go on with what you are doing.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
1642
Daviato wrote:
slammer111 wrote:
I like to use it when I am talking to multiple friends at once, I have seen someone try to talk with 5+ friends, and his screen at almost a standstill with the amounts of times he brings up each friend's page, so yea.....


Again read the post, this should only affect those who are NOT in your friend list.

Therefore, players that are NOT on your friend list will not be available to send private messages by right clicking on your name. You will have that option to right click ONLY on friends.


heck no i had to use this for a non friend today and she ended up being my friend when i was questing and the non friend i was questing with was afk so she used the private send to me and then i added her

Historian
May 01, 2010
665
Daviato wrote:
slammer111 wrote:
I like to use it when I am talking to multiple friends at once, I have seen someone try to talk with 5+ friends, and his screen at almost a standstill with the amounts of times he brings up each friend's page, so yea.....


Again read the post, this should only affect those who are NOT in your friend list.

Therefore, players that are NOT on your friend list will not be available to send private messages by right clicking on your name. You will have that option to right click ONLY on friends.


Guess what, I reread the post, and this is what you said "I really think this right clicking on names in text chat log should be disable", not "I really think this right clicking on names in text chat log should be disable, to everyone except your friends". Besides, trying to fix ALL of the holes in the system if they impliment that would be a pain, and might not fit their work/result ratio (like they said plenty of times on the hair solon/recustomization ideas, which got a LOT more positive support).

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2425
Daviato wrote:
watsupdog111 wrote:
it would be unfair to remove it because of your needs.


Apparently you guys never fully read and understand.

No, it should Not affect with friends you texting with.

It should ONLY affect those who are NOT in your friend list. Those who are not on your friend list, they should Not be available to send private messages.


Yes, Daviato. We have read and FULLY understand what you are saying and we still DISAGREE.

As I have stated before, sometimes we chat with players that are not on our friends lists for various reasons.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
103
If you disable it you can't talk to people if they leave the area. If you are saying something you do not want other people to know, then this option is good, like making a friend without being bombed with FR by low levels. It's also useful for carrying on a private message, having an argument, or anything you want to tell them that would be embarassing in public. It's a special way not to get criticized by mean people. If they ask you for gifting or treasure cards, just ignore them.

Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
79
Well, what he trying to explain why do we have to be stuck with messages from players we don't even know? Must of the time other players will use to their advantage to harass other players. I gotta tell you a lot of people do send nasty messages or harass other players by means of this feature.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2425
ArmoredRaptor wrote:
Well, what he trying to explain why do we have to be stuck with messages from players we don't even know? Must of the time other players will use to their advantage to harass other players. I gotta tell you a lot of people do send nasty messages or harass other players by means of this feature.


Most players know how to use the "IGNORE" button. It is things like that we use it for. And, there is a REPORT button for the bad language. USE IT.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1643
Daviato wrote:
I don't really understand why there is the option to send private messages to people you don't have them as friends?

Must of the time I get some private messages that I don't even know were they come from.

I know, just by right clicking on individual's name on text chat log, anyone can send unexpected messages. Most of the time some players will send bad messages or asking to gift them.

I really think this right clicking on names in text chat log should be disable to those who are not added as your friend.


I have read this, and I have to disagree because:
What do you think the ignore button is for, looks?
Turn text chat bubbles off
Say you don't have crowns
Tell the person to go away if they're sending bad messages, if it's bad enough, the report button is there to the rescue, if you want the person to just finally go away, then use the ignore button!

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
441
i have gotten annoyed but it helps me with people who have to many friends on their list and dont want to remove any.