Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about packs. Is this possible?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 24, 2012
Hello, I am planning on buying some packs from the Crown Shop; the pack is a holiday pack (Winterland)—I know the Winterland Pack has still yet to come, but I'm already looking forward to it. The item I want is the Icewind Glade Trekkers level 100+ only; however, I am a level 120 wizard, so that leads me to believe I will receive the 110+ version and not the 100+ version. You may think the 110+ may be a better option. However, to me, it's not for the healing boost in the 110+ version is significantly lower. I do not have any wizards close to level 100 to open the packs, so that is not an option for me. Is it possible for me to receive the 100 boots and not the 110 boots while being a level 120 wizard?

Explorer
Jul 25, 2010
Angel of Solitude on Sep 24, 2017 wrote:
Hello, I am planning on buying some packs from the Crown Shop; the pack is a holiday pack (Winterland)—I know the Winterland Pack has still yet to come, but I'm already looking forward to it. The item I want is the Icewind Glade Trekkers level 100+ only; however, I am a level 120 wizard, so that leads me to believe I will receive the 110+ version and not the 100+ version. You may think the 110+ may be a better option. However, to me, it's not for the healing boost in the 110+ version is significantly lower. I do not have any wizards close to level 100 to open the packs, so that is not an option for me. Is it possible for me to receive the 100 boots and not the 110 boots while being a level 120 wizard?
I believe so.
I tried for some Jade Gear myself using packs, and when I was level 80, I only received the level 80+ gear.
Also, if you're level 120, you should get the level 120+ gear, if it available.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
I'm sorry, but you will still get the level 110 boots.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks to both of you for responding.

To KingsIsle: May I suggest ideas? How about putting a limit on level on packs? For example, I am a level 120 wizard, I should be able to customize the level on packs, letting me choose which level gear I get. If I were to customize the level limit to 110, I should only receive level 110 gear. Of course, this should only be done once as to impede players from upgrading their gear as they level up. Meaning that once the players customize the level limit on packs and they get the gear, they are not able to change the gear level. Either that or allow players to choose the level of the gear once they get the gear—like choosing gear from bundles. I should be able to choose the gear level I get. Just like I am able to farm for and wear gear below my level. PLEASE consider this, KingsIsle. Please pass this message to KingsIsle, Dworgyn. Thank you.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Angel of Solitude on Sep 27, 2017 wrote:
Thanks to both of you for responding.

To KingsIsle: May I suggest ideas? How about putting a limit on level on packs? For example, I am a level 120 wizard, I should be able to customize the level on packs, letting me choose which level gear I get. If I were to customize the level limit to 110, I should only receive level 110 gear. Of course, this should only be done once as to impede players from upgrading their gear as they level up. Meaning that once the players customize the level limit on packs and they get the gear, they are not able to change the gear level. Either that or allow players to choose the level of the gear once they get the gear—like choosing gear from bundles. I should be able to choose the gear level I get. Just like I am able to farm for and wear gear below my level. PLEASE consider this, KingsIsle. Please pass this message to KingsIsle, Dworgyn. Thank you.
All for this

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
smokey123443 on Sep 25, 2017 wrote:
I believe so.
I tried for some Jade Gear myself using packs, and when I was level 80, I only received the level 80+ gear.
Also, if you're level 120, you should get the level 120+ gear, if it available.
Which packs have Jade Gear in them and what are the odds? Thanks.