Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please properly label Topics or they will be removed

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Please ensure you label your topics so they are clear. Example:

"Why is Storm so awesome?"

or

"Need help with dungeon xyz"

Any topics that say something like "Need help!" without context will be removed. Topics must be clear before the community bothers opening it!

Thanks

Survivor
May 29, 2017
Could you please give me more examples on properly labeling topics?

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
nathan4alife on Aug 19, 2019 wrote:
Could you please give me more examples on properly labeling topics?
The title should give a hint of what the subject is about.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
Sparck on Aug 15, 2019 wrote:
Please ensure you label your topics so they are clear. Example:

"Why is Storm so awesome?"

or

"Need help with dungeon xyz"

Any topics that say something like "Need help!" without context will be removed. Topics must be clear before the community bothers opening it!

Thanks
Sparck,

I properly and clearly labeled my topic I submitted last week, along with a clear and concise question/message.

Why hasn't it been posted?

Did I do something incorrectly?

Thanks!

TarynMaga

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
TarynMaga on Aug 26, 2019 wrote:
Sparck,

I properly and clearly labeled my topic I submitted last week, along with a clear and concise question/message.

Why hasn't it been posted?

Did I do something incorrectly?

Thanks!

TarynMaga
Hi Sparck,

Still waiting for an answer please.

Administrator
TarynMaga on Sep 14, 2019 wrote:
Hi Sparck,

Still waiting for an answer please.
Apologies TarynMaga for the delay. Which forum section was it to be posted in, and can you confirm the title please? From our records, I can see that everything you've posted has been approved so far, so maybe we approved it in the wrong location.

Thanks!

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
Sparck on Sep 16, 2019 wrote:
Apologies TarynMaga for the delay. Which forum section was it to be posted in, and can you confirm the title please? From our records, I can see that everything you've posted has been approved so far, so maybe we approved it in the wrong location.

Thanks!
Hi Sparck,

It was to be posted in this Ravenwood Commons forum a few weeks ago. It concerned the diversity discussion members of the community were having that was shut down rather abruptly because some were apparently posting inappropriate comments.

Since every comment has to be approved before it is posted, I did not see the problem with allowing civil comments to continue in that thread. I was just wondering why it was closed instead of letting the community discuss something many view as quite important in a family/kids-friendly game.

Administrator
TarynMaga on Sep 17, 2019 wrote:
Hi Sparck,

It was to be posted in this Ravenwood Commons forum a few weeks ago. It concerned the diversity discussion members of the community were having that was shut down rather abruptly because some were apparently posting inappropriate comments.

Since every comment has to be approved before it is posted, I did not see the problem with allowing civil comments to continue in that thread. I was just wondering why it was closed instead of letting the community discuss something many view as quite important in a family/kids-friendly game.
The topic title was fine, it was the need for continual moderation afterward that became a problem. You indeed don't see those posts because we had to keep rejecting them :(.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
Sparck on Sep 17, 2019 wrote:
The topic title was fine, it was the need for continual moderation afterward that became a problem. You indeed don't see those posts because we had to keep rejecting them :(.
I understand the need for continual moderation, sadly, but I believe this topic is considered quite important among community members, particularly parents with young children who play the game.

How else are community members to share their opinions, thoughts, ideas, and preferences in a civil manner if they are not allowed to in a forum where those very things are supposed to be shared and discussed?

Other topics are allowed to continue over pages and pages and pages of comments with continual moderation, even when KI is getting ripped to shreds by some opinions and comments, unfortunately. Yet, they are not shut down immediately but are allowed to continue over weeks -- the topic of pvp comes to mind. :)

I strongly encourage you to allow this topic concerning whether or not to incorporate more diversity in the game to be discussed in a civil manner among community members.

Is this not what a forum is for?

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
Sparck on Sep 17, 2019 wrote:
Hi Sparck,

Once again, I submitted a reply to your above posting a week ago and have yet to see it posted.

Just wondering if there's a problem.

TarynMaga

Administrator
TarynMaga on Sep 23, 2019 wrote:
Hi Sparck,

Once again, I submitted a reply to your above posting a week ago and have yet to see it posted.

Just wondering if there's a problem.

TarynMaga
Apologies, I don't see it in the moderation list. Please send it to community@kingsisle.com directly and I'll confirm.

Administrator
TarynMaga on Sep 17, 2019 wrote:
I understand the need for continual moderation, sadly, but I believe this topic is considered quite important among community members, particularly parents with young children who play the game.

How else are community members to share their opinions, thoughts, ideas, and preferences in a civil manner if they are not allowed to in a forum where those very things are supposed to be shared and discussed?

Other topics are allowed to continue over pages and pages and pages of comments with continual moderation, even when KI is getting ripped to shreds by some opinions and comments, unfortunately. Yet, they are not shut down immediately but are allowed to continue over weeks -- the topic of pvp comes to mind. :)

I strongly encourage you to allow this topic concerning whether or not to incorporate more diversity in the game to be discussed in a civil manner among community members.

Is this not what a forum is for?
These are some great points, and in most cases you are absolutely correct that the forums are what these discussions are for, though it's somewhat of a mixed topic for our forums.

While it is important and relates to many Wizards (myself included), it's still considered an off topic discussion because we don't have any mechanics or related references in-game (afaik) about the topic. Maybe we should, though I know we are careful on how to broach these subjects around such a wide age range of our audience.

It might be best to bring it up in one of the community fansite forums such as Wizard101Central. We would find it easier to be able to participate there as well.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
Sparck on Sep 23, 2019 wrote:
Apologies, I don't see it in the moderation list. Please send it to community@kingsisle.com directly and I'll confirm.
Hi Sparck,

Apparently my comment was posted on 9/17 -- guess I missed it. My apologies! Thanks!

TarynMaga

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
Sparck on Sep 23, 2019 wrote:
These are some great points, and in most cases you are absolutely correct that the forums are what these discussions are for, though it's somewhat of a mixed topic for our forums.

While it is important and relates to many Wizards (myself included), it's still considered an off topic discussion because we don't have any mechanics or related references in-game (afaik) about the topic. Maybe we should, though I know we are careful on how to broach these subjects around such a wide age range of our audience.

It might be best to bring it up in one of the community fansite forums such as Wizard101Central. We would find it easier to be able to participate there as well.
Hi Sparck,

I have to admit I don't understand what you mean by "it's still considered an off topic discussion because we don't have any mechanics or related references in-game...about the topic."

Back on August 19, 2019, you replied to Turtlecorpse (the original poster of this topic):

"Thanks turtlecorpse for your thoughts here, this is something we've actually been trying to work on more. The way the system was originally coded kind of restricts us a bit on how many options we can provide across genders... it sounds silly, I know, but that's the way it was described to me.
Can we do more? Yes, absolutely, and we will!"

And later on August 23, 2019, you replied:

"Hi all! There's been some great points made here about diversity, a topic we fully support in having.
As developers, we are doing what we can in the game to make sure everyone is content and happy with the options the game presents for their own roleplay and identity interests. This will be expanded up in the future as we can adjust the game's original mechanics."

Both of these replies, Sparck, lead me to believe KI is definitely looking to make some changes according to Turtecorpse's requests. Your referring to being "restricted" as to how many "options we can provide across genders...sounds silly" seems to prove that KI apparently does want to make more gender options available if they can just figure out how to do it. I have no problem with expanding facial features or skin colors to expand ethnicity choices.

However, expanding gender choices is where this discussion needs to be had in this official KI forum where community members can voice their opinions and/or concerns in a calm and civil manner. This is a very important topic to many people, Sparck, and should not be dismissed or referred to some non-official site in the hope that it will simply fade away.

Here is where concerned community members will look to see KI's continued input into this topic as well as the back-and-forth among both sides of this topic. As I've said before, KI has the ability to moderate so many other topics containing pages of comments, so I fail to see why this particular topic is considered "...an off topic discussion" when no other topic seems to be put into that category.

Please do not prevent this issue from being discussed as I always believed in my ten years of being a member of this community that KI valued members' opinions on all topics concerning this game.

Thank you!

TarynMaga

Administrator
TarynMaga on Sep 25, 2019 wrote:
Hi Sparck,

I have to admit I don't understand what you mean by "it's still considered an off topic discussion because we don't have any mechanics or related references in-game...about the topic."

Back on August 19, 2019, you replied to Turtlecorpse (the original poster of this topic):

"Thanks turtlecorpse for your thoughts here, this is something we've actually been trying to work on more. The way the system was originally coded kind of restricts us a bit on how many options we can provide across genders... it sounds silly, I know, but that's the way it was described to me.
Can we do more? Yes, absolutely, and we will!"

And later on August 23, 2019, you replied:

"Hi all! There's been some great points made here about diversity, a topic we fully support in having.
As developers, we are doing what we can in the game to make sure everyone is content and happy with the options the game presents for their own roleplay and identity interests. This will be expanded up in the future as we can adjust the game's original mechanics."

Both of these replies, Sparck, lead me to believe KI is definitely looking to make some changes according to Turtecorpse's requests. Your referring to being "restricted" as to how many "options we can provide across genders...sounds silly" seems to prove that KI apparently does want to make more gender options available if they can just figure out how to do it. I have no problem with expanding facial features or skin colors to expand ethnicity choices.

However, expanding gender choices is where this discussion needs to be had in this official KI forum where community members can voice their opinions and/or concerns in a calm and civil manner. This is a very important topic to many people, Sparck, and should not be dismissed or referred to some non-official site in the hope that it will simply fade away.

Here is where concerned community members will look to see KI's continued input into this topic as well as the back-and-forth among both sides of this topic. As I've said before, KI has the ability to moderate so many other topics containing pages of comments, so I fail to see why this particular topic is considered "...an off topic discussion" when no other topic seems to be put into that category.

Please do not prevent this issue from being discussed as I always believed in my ten years of being a member of this community that KI valued members' opinions on all topics concerning this game.

Thank you!

TarynMaga
Ah, yes, I guess there were a couple of conversations there. One where the community was talking about gender on a broad level, and one specific to including more options in the game. The latter is the one that can be continued to be talked about in the forums.

Let's take this conversation out of this pinned post. Feel free to create a fresh topic that asks about this new feature in the game. Thanks TarynMaga!

Administrator
A reminder that your post may not be approved when it has titles like the following.

Please DO NOT title your posts like this:

- Need help!
- Bug
- Found a bug
- Where do I find this?

None of these are helpful. Be specific in the title please. Is there an involved NPC, a certain quest, a zone, etc.

Thanks!