Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please don't bring back the old charity mounts.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
35
Firstly, I'm not against donating money to charities.
Secondly, I hope you read my post with an open mind and try to understand where I'm coming from.

I understand why many players would like the old charity mounts to come back; they missed out on them when they were available, they created their account after it was released, etc. In a way, these mounts represent how long someone has been playing. I'm definitely not trying to say that older players are better than newer players, but I do believe there should be a few items that only older players should be able to have. I realize this sounds selfish, but some people have to also understand that wanting to take away an older player's rare item just because they want it is also selfish. I would love to get my hands on the old crowns gear and the Pioneer Dragon pet, but I believe they should stay with the beta testers and the players who started in 2008, as they came before me and even made this game possible to play. Some people have to understand that older players are going to have rare and unobtainable items and that this game wouldn't exist today if it weren't for these players. I'm not saying that newer players need to treat us like gods, but just respect our wishes for wanting to keep a few items to ourselves. With all that being said, I would love to see new charity mounts in the future!

A+ Student
Aug 03, 2014
1936
Giraffe7909 on Dec 16, 2018 wrote:
Firstly, I'm not against donating money to charities.
Secondly, I hope you read my post with an open mind and try to understand where I'm coming from.

I understand why many players would like the old charity mounts to come back; they missed out on them when they were available, they created their account after it was released, etc. In a way, these mounts represent how long someone has been playing. I'm definitely not trying to say that older players are better than newer players, but I do believe there should be a few items that only older players should be able to have. I realize this sounds selfish, but some people have to also understand that wanting to take away an older player's rare item just because they want it is also selfish. I would love to get my hands on the old crowns gear and the Pioneer Dragon pet, but I believe they should stay with the beta testers and the players who started in 2008, as they came before me and even made this game possible to play. Some people have to understand that older players are going to have rare and unobtainable items and that this game wouldn't exist today if it weren't for these players. I'm not saying that newer players need to treat us like gods, but just respect our wishes for wanting to keep a few items to ourselves. With all that being said, I would love to see new charity mounts in the future!
I understand where you're coming from, but let's put it into perspective

Each year we have an anniversary housing item that's exclusive to those playing at that time, these are never available again. I'm not sure we need more exclusivity than that or it risks becoming adults having more than a new generation of children playing a game that is essentially for them.

Could you look a 10 year old in the eye and explain to them they can't ever have a Chrismoose because we want it to be exclusive to people who were playing in 2011? That 10 year old was 3 in 2011 and players from then are predominantly fully-fledged adults now.

I think there is a fine line between exclusivity and excluding. Let's not have a bunch of adults excluding children from enjoying the same things they enjoyed at that age

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
35
Victoria FireHeart on Dec 17, 2018 wrote:
I understand where you're coming from, but let's put it into perspective

Each year we have an anniversary housing item that's exclusive to those playing at that time, these are never available again. I'm not sure we need more exclusivity than that or it risks becoming adults having more than a new generation of children playing a game that is essentially for them.

Could you look a 10 year old in the eye and explain to them they can't ever have a Chrismoose because we want it to be exclusive to people who were playing in 2011? That 10 year old was 3 in 2011 and players from then are predominantly fully-fledged adults now.

I think there is a fine line between exclusivity and excluding. Let's not have a bunch of adults excluding children from enjoying the same things they enjoyed at that age
That's a good point; I didn't think of that. At the same time though, Kingsisle stated year after year that the previous charity mounts would never return, and they have kept that promise for nine years until now. It's just heartbreaking to see these mounts come back when they were promised to be exclusive. Kingsisle has released mounts similar to the charity mounts - like the White-Striped Ziger, the Yuletide Stag, and the Wuffalump - to help give players a chance to ride a similar mount.

I know it's hard to tell a kid that they won't ever be able to have a certain item because they weren't around for it, but unfortunately, it's a part of life that they'll have to learn that they can't have everything they want. The charity mounts (before this month) were a rare sight to see, and while this may be an indicator that Kingsisle should bring them back, this would ruin the rareness of the items and make them less unique and special to see. I understand that this is upsetting to those who don't have these mounts, but there are plenty of other mount options to choose from including similar-looking mounts.

I didn't know they gave out a housing item every anniversary. I remember they did that for their 5th birthday, but I can't recall any other time (but I can believe they would do it for more than one anniversary).

A+ Student
Aug 03, 2014
1936
Giraffe7909 on Dec 17, 2018 wrote:
That's a good point; I didn't think of that. At the same time though, Kingsisle stated year after year that the previous charity mounts would never return, and they have kept that promise for nine years until now. It's just heartbreaking to see these mounts come back when they were promised to be exclusive. Kingsisle has released mounts similar to the charity mounts - like the White-Striped Ziger, the Yuletide Stag, and the Wuffalump - to help give players a chance to ride a similar mount.

I know it's hard to tell a kid that they won't ever be able to have a certain item because they weren't around for it, but unfortunately, it's a part of life that they'll have to learn that they can't have everything they want. The charity mounts (before this month) were a rare sight to see, and while this may be an indicator that Kingsisle should bring them back, this would ruin the rareness of the items and make them less unique and special to see. I understand that this is upsetting to those who don't have these mounts, but there are plenty of other mount options to choose from including similar-looking mounts.

I didn't know they gave out a housing item every anniversary. I remember they did that for their 5th birthday, but I can't recall any other time (but I can believe they would do it for more than one anniversary).
Thank you for seeing my point! I also see your points:
'Kingsisle stated year after year that the previous charity mounts would never return'
'Kingsisle has released mounts similar to the charity mounts...'

If KI has stated it will never be available again then it's wrong for them to change it. I'm pedantic and if they said that, I am absolute; but I'd like to see the wording of what they said...because so often we interpret something but the wording allows for something we didn't anticipate..sorry that was so 'wordy'

I agree that '...it's hard to tell a kid that they won't ever be able to have a certain item because they weren't around for it, but unfortunately, it's a part of life that they'll have to learn that they can't have everything they want..'

however the same can be said to adults Sometime as adults we need to accept that life moves on and we had our exclusivity and now it's time for the next generation to take their place Do we need kids to accept they will never be able to BUY a Fa-la-la-la llama mount or do we need adults to accept the next generation of kids coming through this game deserve a chance to buy this too?

IF KI has given absolute exclusivity to these mounts then there should be some kind of alteration. Make a very similar mount but give it a ten year tag or something to show it is not the same as those bought exclusively...but if not they can bring them back exactly as they are and we, as adults, should accept we had it to enjoy for much longer

One of the '21 Irrefutable Laws Of Leadership' is legacy...maybe after 10 years it is time for adults and older players to let the younger newbies take their reins and enjoy the fullness of the game we have enjoyed and still enjoy? Does it matter if someone new buys the same mount we bought and enjoyed years ago? What about the people who were playing then but didn't have crowns? Should they get a second chance or not?

I like sharing and will always support inclusivity over exclusivity

Delver
Sep 30, 2018
287
NO Player should be able to keep anything because you played from the beginning and others couldn't do it, be happy and grateful for what you have and try to not prevent others from sharing the item. We don't own virtual items it's in terms of service. Thanks for your understanding.
P.S would really appreciate that wiz release back some retired items to players who have not gotten the opportunity
to get them. Its a community for all leave NO wiz behind

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
35
Victoria FireHeart on Dec 17, 2018 wrote:
Thank you for seeing my point! I also see your points:
'Kingsisle stated year after year that the previous charity mounts would never return'
'Kingsisle has released mounts similar to the charity mounts...'

If KI has stated it will never be available again then it's wrong for them to change it. I'm pedantic and if they said that, I am absolute; but I'd like to see the wording of what they said...because so often we interpret something but the wording allows for something we didn't anticipate..sorry that was so 'wordy'

I agree that '...it's hard to tell a kid that they won't ever be able to have a certain item because they weren't around for it, but unfortunately, it's a part of life that they'll have to learn that they can't have everything they want..'

however the same can be said to adults Sometime as adults we need to accept that life moves on and we had our exclusivity and now it's time for the next generation to take their place Do we need kids to accept they will never be able to BUY a Fa-la-la-la llama mount or do we need adults to accept the next generation of kids coming through this game deserve a chance to buy this too?

IF KI has given absolute exclusivity to these mounts then there should be some kind of alteration. Make a very similar mount but give it a ten year tag or something to show it is not the same as those bought exclusively...but if not they can bring them back exactly as they are and we, as adults, should accept we had it to enjoy for much longer

One of the '21 Irrefutable Laws Of Leadership' is legacy...maybe after 10 years it is time for adults and older players to let the younger newbies take their reins and enjoy the fullness of the game we have enjoyed and still enjoy? Does it matter if someone new buys the same mount we bought and enjoyed years ago? What about the people who were playing then but didn't have crowns? Should they get a second chance or not?

I like sharing and will always support inclusivity over exclusivity
There are plenty of adults that still play this game today, and their opinions matter too. Adults shouldn't have to throw every rare item they've obtained down the drain just because some kids started playing after them. In my opinion, that just teaches kids it's okay to be entitled to have everything they want even if it means stealing exclusive items from players who helped shape the game into what it is today.

Excluding the anniversary items, there are only five out of a couple hundred mounts that I believe should stay retired. Why can't people just settle for one of the couple hundred mounts? Why does it just absolutely have to be a mount that was released for the older players? Why can't us older players have some stuff to ourselves? We've been around to see many major updates throughout the game, and there are lots of older players that still play today, so should we just disregard their feelings and take away their "trophies" from being around for so long? What's wrong with the similar-looking mounts anyway? Are they not as satisfying to have?

I didn't mean to sound rude, but there are plenty of other mount options in the game, and some people should be thankful for all the unique mounts Kingsisle has made because us older players were there when mounts didn't exist, and we had to walk everywhere. I know times have changed, but the older players have opinions on their rare items, and their feelings shouldn't be thrown in the trash just because some entitled kids think they deserve the things they aren't "qualified" (couldn't think of a better word) for.

I admire your personality, and there should be more people in the world like you (not just in the game), and I appreciate you being polite and understanding in this discussion. I would much rather see new charity mounts added to the game, as there are plenty of creative choices to make. This year, however, seemed like a last-second decision that has made me personally less trusting of Kingsisle.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
35
angellifeheart on Dec 18, 2018 wrote:
NO Player should be able to keep anything because you played from the beginning and others couldn't do it, be happy and grateful for what you have and try to not prevent others from sharing the item. We don't own virtual items it's in terms of service. Thanks for your understanding.
P.S would really appreciate that wiz release back some retired items to players who have not gotten the opportunity
to get them. Its a community for all leave NO wiz behind
I am happy and grateful for what I have, but I believe there should be a few items reserved for the older players. I've seen many major updates added to the game; I was around before mounts even existed, before pets had talents, before pet hatching, pet derby, pet snacks, pet games, and the entire pet pavilion even existed. Want the Charity Meowmodon? Go get yourself the White-Striped Ziger. Want the Charity Chrismoose? The Yuletide Stag is fairly close. There are similar mounts out there that Kingsisle has made. Why not appreciate those? Why should we disregard the feelings of those that helped shape the game into what it is today? Out of nearly two-hundred mounts currently in the game, why does it have to be one of the five previous charity mounts? I'm all for brand new charity mounts, but let's just keep the old items for the older players as a token for being around so long. Also, players today will have things that players in the future won't have, and those items will remind you of "the good ol' days" that those newer players wouldn't understand.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
551
Would you mind pallet swapped versions of those mounts or equipment? Same model but with obviously different coloring (not just the collar and accessories.) if the body was white don't make an Ivory version, if it was black don't make it dark grey.
That way you could have your original (that particular color scheme would not be re released ever again) and then people would ask you why yours looks so different from the others.
Then it would be story time, and you could tell them all about what charity it was for and when you got it.

A+ Student
Aug 03, 2014
1936
Giraffe7909 on Dec 18, 2018 wrote:
There are plenty of adults that still play this game today, and their opinions matter too. Adults shouldn't have to throw every rare item they've obtained down the drain just because some kids started playing after them. In my opinion, that just teaches kids it's okay to be entitled to have everything they want even if it means stealing exclusive items from players who helped shape the game into what it is today.

Excluding the anniversary items, there are only five out of a couple hundred mounts that I believe should stay retired. Why can't people just settle for one of the couple hundred mounts? Why does it just absolutely have to be a mount that was released for the older players? Why can't us older players have some stuff to ourselves? We've been around to see many major updates throughout the game, and there are lots of older players that still play today, so should we just disregard their feelings and take away their "trophies" from being around for so long? What's wrong with the similar-looking mounts anyway? Are they not as satisfying to have?

I didn't mean to sound rude, but there are plenty of other mount options in the game, and some people should be thankful for all the unique mounts Kingsisle has made because us older players were there when mounts didn't exist, and we had to walk everywhere. I know times have changed, but the older players have opinions on their rare items, and their feelings shouldn't be thrown in the trash just because some entitled kids think they deserve the things they aren't "qualified" (couldn't think of a better word) for.

I admire your personality, and there should be more people in the world like you (not just in the game), and I appreciate you being polite and understanding in this discussion. I would much rather see new charity mounts added to the game, as there are plenty of creative choices to make. This year, however, seemed like a last-second decision that has made me personally less trusting of Kingsisle.
I get what you're saying but kids buying a charity mount are not 'stealing exclusive items from players'. I've already suggested changing them up so they're not identical and like Zeubulous Newt's idea of changing the colour so it is distinctively different instantly. I also really like your suggestion of NEW charity mounts...I'd definitely like to see that

I'd really like you to post a link to some of the places KI promised the charity mounts would never return. I'm not being mean about it, it's just that I can only find places they said it was 'Available for a limited time' (eg click here). In that example it also says to hurry because it 'won't be around forever'...but that's not a promise it will never return, nor is the 'available for a limited time'. We see this kind of thing about Christmas stuff, Halloween stuff...well, everything that isn't a permanent fixture in the crown shop. I don't think KI bringing them back would be a moral issue and it's definitely not a legal issue. It wouldn't make me trust KI less.

I understand there are a lot of long term players and I think it is important that new players feel welcome and don't feel they have missed too many opportunities. I was gutted not to ever be able to get the Auric Pioneer Dragon Statue but understand it's significance to those who were AWARDED it for loyalty and sharing the birthday celebrations with KI in W101. Buying a mount feels very different to me...why not make more money for charity and for KI by bringing them back in a similar way to the other Throwback Thursday items?

I'm not sure we'll ever see eye-to-eye on this but that's the beauty of discussion and I think it's good for KI to hear multiple sides and opinions so they can make the best decisions for W101. Let's face it, we both agree W101 is awesome, we love the charity mounts, and we'd like to see new ones added...we'll always have more in common than not

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
35
Victoria FireHeart on Dec 19, 2018 wrote:
I get what you're saying but kids buying a charity mount are not 'stealing exclusive items from players'. I've already suggested changing them up so they're not identical and like Zeubulous Newt's idea of changing the colour so it is distinctively different instantly. I also really like your suggestion of NEW charity mounts...I'd definitely like to see that

I'd really like you to post a link to some of the places KI promised the charity mounts would never return. I'm not being mean about it, it's just that I can only find places they said it was 'Available for a limited time' (eg click here). In that example it also says to hurry because it 'won't be around forever'...but that's not a promise it will never return, nor is the 'available for a limited time'. We see this kind of thing about Christmas stuff, Halloween stuff...well, everything that isn't a permanent fixture in the crown shop. I don't think KI bringing them back would be a moral issue and it's definitely not a legal issue. It wouldn't make me trust KI less.

I understand there are a lot of long term players and I think it is important that new players feel welcome and don't feel they have missed too many opportunities. I was gutted not to ever be able to get the Auric Pioneer Dragon Statue but understand it's significance to those who were AWARDED it for loyalty and sharing the birthday celebrations with KI in W101. Buying a mount feels very different to me...why not make more money for charity and for KI by bringing them back in a similar way to the other Throwback Thursday items?

I'm not sure we'll ever see eye-to-eye on this but that's the beauty of discussion and I think it's good for KI to hear multiple sides and opinions so they can make the best decisions for W101. Let's face it, we both agree W101 is awesome, we love the charity mounts, and we'd like to see new ones added...we'll always have more in common than not
This comment from Professor Greyrose in 2011 sums it up: "No, that particular mount will not be available again, but we are always adding new mount options for you to chose from" (www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/mounts-42359). On another post from 2015, a user defended the charity mounts by saying: "You fail to comprehend the point of an exclusive item. The only way you get it is through that specific charity offer. If they made them readily available after being an exclusive one time offer, they'd be guilty of fraud on all the people who donated to get it the first time," and "When you say something is a one time exclusive offer, only available through that, that means one time only. Repeating it makes the original offer a lie" (www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/white-tiger-mount-8ad6a4154ff94576015004e161006035). I know it's not exactly a promise, but she explicitly states that it will not be available again, and I don't know what else to make of it.

I agree that new players should feel welcomed, but I believe there are other ways to do so. Perhaps Kingsisle could make all of Wizard City accessible to free to play players or create a milestone system where every ten or so levels could reward you with one free random hoard pack. They could also bring back those retired mounts that they've brought back a few times before for Throwback Thursdays a little more often (the Faithful Dragoness, Snappy Lobster, Spritely Seahorse, Purple Glider, Moonlight/Starlight/Starshine Ponies, and the White Mare are some examples).

I'm glad Kingsisle can see both sides of this argument too. I know a lot of players are vocal about wanting the charity mounts to return, and me being a shy and timid person, I'm just glad I finally spoke up for myself and haven't been torn to smithereens over my views.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
35
Zebulous Newt on Dec 19, 2018 wrote:
Would you mind pallet swapped versions of those mounts or equipment? Same model but with obviously different coloring (not just the collar and accessories.) if the body was white don't make an Ivory version, if it was black don't make it dark grey.
That way you could have your original (that particular color scheme would not be re released ever again) and then people would ask you why yours looks so different from the others.
Then it would be story time, and you could tell them all about what charity it was for and when you got it.
Pallet swaps are fine, as long as it's noticeable. It would seem fairly easy to make pallet swaps of the Chrismoose, Fa-La-La-La-Llama, Noelephant, and Bah-Humbug, but how would they do it for the Meowmodon? There's already an orange tiger... what other naturally-occurring colors appear in tigers? There's a cinnamon-colored tiger (it's half light orange and half white, and I'd really love to see this added to the game). They could also do a snow leopard instead.

Delver
Sep 30, 2018
287
Giraffe7909 on Dec 18, 2018 wrote:
I am happy and grateful for what I have, but I believe there should be a few items reserved for the older players. I've seen many major updates added to the game; I was around before mounts even existed, before pets had talents, before pet hatching, pet derby, pet snacks, pet games, and the entire pet pavilion even existed. Want the Charity Meowmodon? Go get yourself the White-Striped Ziger. Want the Charity Chrismoose? The Yuletide Stag is fairly close. There are similar mounts out there that Kingsisle has made. Why not appreciate those? Why should we disregard the feelings of those that helped shape the game into what it is today? Out of nearly two-hundred mounts currently in the game, why does it have to be one of the five previous charity mounts? I'm all for brand new charity mounts, but let's just keep the old items for the older players as a token for being around so long. Also, players today will have things that players in the future won't have, and those items will remind you of "the good ol' days" that those newer players wouldn't understand.
Because simply we don't own the contents of the game whether your old or new it doesn't make a difference why? because we all still gotta buy membership and crowns. No one forces us to play the game and enjoy the content it gives but preventing others from getting what you have is very understated nothing is rare just because you have it alone and no one has it especially when it can be duplicated. We're just going to have to keep our ego in check. And btw I was also here since the valor sword has been released I know what it feels like but let's be a little less selfish here and more selfless.

A+ Student
Aug 03, 2014
1936
Giraffe7909 on Dec 20, 2018 wrote:
This comment from Professor Greyrose in 2011 sums it up: "No, that particular mount will not be available again, but we are always adding new mount options for you to chose from" (www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/mounts-42359). On another post from 2015, a user defended the charity mounts by saying: "You fail to comprehend the point of an exclusive item. The only way you get it is through that specific charity offer. If they made them readily available after being an exclusive one time offer, they'd be guilty of fraud on all the people who donated to get it the first time," and "When you say something is a one time exclusive offer, only available through that, that means one time only. Repeating it makes the original offer a lie" (www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/white-tiger-mount-8ad6a4154ff94576015004e161006035). I know it's not exactly a promise, but she explicitly states that it will not be available again, and I don't know what else to make of it.

I agree that new players should feel welcomed, but I believe there are other ways to do so. Perhaps Kingsisle could make all of Wizard City accessible to free to play players or create a milestone system where every ten or so levels could reward you with one free random hoard pack. They could also bring back those retired mounts that they've brought back a few times before for Throwback Thursdays a little more often (the Faithful Dragoness, Snappy Lobster, Spritely Seahorse, Purple Glider, Moonlight/Starlight/Starshine Ponies, and the White Mare are some examples).

I'm glad Kingsisle can see both sides of this argument too. I know a lot of players are vocal about wanting the charity mounts to return, and me being a shy and timid person, I'm just glad I finally spoke up for myself and haven't been torn to smithereens over my views.
Thank you so much for the link!

Professor Greyrose clearly says the Meowmodon will not be brought back, '...that particular mount will not be available again...'

She doesn't use the word 'never' and doesn't 'promise' but the statement is absolute so doesn't need either. I totally agree that this should never be back-tracked on! Back-tracking on this would undermine the integrity of communication between KI and the community. I am 100% with you on the Meowmodon never returning to the crown shop!

If the same has been said about other charity mounts I'd also agree about them as well...but I think you've probably got to know me well enough from this thread to know I'd want to see it first

I wonder if this is why the Meowmodon (and perhaps the Fa-la-la-llama and Chrismoose) were not brought back but the other two were? IDK, but I respect KI for standing by their word regarding the Meowmodon

As for thoughts on re-skins/pallet swaps...woohoo, we all agree it would be acceptable and fun! IDK how they'd do the meowmodon...give it a santa hat and elf boots? Hahahaha!

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
35
Victoria FireHeart on Dec 20, 2018 wrote:
Thank you so much for the link!

Professor Greyrose clearly says the Meowmodon will not be brought back, '...that particular mount will not be available again...'

She doesn't use the word 'never' and doesn't 'promise' but the statement is absolute so doesn't need either. I totally agree that this should never be back-tracked on! Back-tracking on this would undermine the integrity of communication between KI and the community. I am 100% with you on the Meowmodon never returning to the crown shop!

If the same has been said about other charity mounts I'd also agree about them as well...but I think you've probably got to know me well enough from this thread to know I'd want to see it first

I wonder if this is why the Meowmodon (and perhaps the Fa-la-la-llama and Chrismoose) were not brought back but the other two were? IDK, but I respect KI for standing by their word regarding the Meowmodon

As for thoughts on re-skins/pallet swaps...woohoo, we all agree it would be acceptable and fun! IDK how they'd do the meowmodon...give it a santa hat and elf boots? Hahahaha!
Thank you so much for supporting a part of my argument! I tried looking for administrator comments for the other mounts, but couldn't find any (probably because the Meowmodon is the most-wanted charity mount). After hearing everyone's opinions, I'm a bit more okay with re-releasing the Noelephant and the Bah-Humbug; I suppose I was just a bit shocked and worried when I heard about it. I just hope Kingsisle keeps their word by not returning the Meowmodon.

I would completely support Kingsisle's decision to make a snow leopard mount in the same style as the other big cat mounts as a charity mount. If this does happen, the Meowmodon would stay rare, everyone can obtain a white cat mount, and I can add it to my big cat collection; it's a win-win-win!

I just want to thank you and everyone else for changing a part of my views. I do still believe the charity mounts are like a "trophy," but I'm also just glad that Kingsisle has decided to return the charity mount concept after four years of not doing it. I would still very much like to see new charity mounts rather than the old charity mounts, but as long as they're not returning the Meowmodon, I'm a bit more open to it.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
35
angellifeheart on Dec 20, 2018 wrote:
Because simply we don't own the contents of the game whether your old or new it doesn't make a difference why? because we all still gotta buy membership and crowns. No one forces us to play the game and enjoy the content it gives but preventing others from getting what you have is very understated nothing is rare just because you have it alone and no one has it especially when it can be duplicated. We're just going to have to keep our ego in check. And btw I was also here since the valor sword has been released I know what it feels like but let's be a little less selfish here and more selfless.
If everyone had the same access to every item, it would get kind of boring. There will always be someone (either in the game or in real life) who wants to get something rare or hard-to-obtain and show it off. Some people show off their hard-to-obtain gear, wands, staffs, swords, pets, mounts, etc. and it's just how it is (I don't show off as much as I used to (I was young, okay?). I mainly just sit in my house and cry (not really) because I'm out of gold and really want to go furniture shopping). I still have some of those items from the Beckett magazines, and some are available from fishing in certain areas. So why isn't anyone complaining that some of the Beckett items can't be obtained today? The point is that there are some unobtainable items in this game, and it just has to be accepted. Perhaps one day it will change, but it seems unlikely right now.

Delver
Sep 30, 2018
287
Giraffe7909 on Dec 20, 2018 wrote:
If everyone had the same access to every item, it would get kind of boring. There will always be someone (either in the game or in real life) who wants to get something rare or hard-to-obtain and show it off. Some people show off their hard-to-obtain gear, wands, staffs, swords, pets, mounts, etc. and it's just how it is (I don't show off as much as I used to (I was young, okay?). I mainly just sit in my house and cry (not really) because I'm out of gold and really want to go furniture shopping). I still have some of those items from the Beckett magazines, and some are available from fishing in certain areas. So why isn't anyone complaining that some of the Beckett items can't be obtained today? The point is that there are some unobtainable items in this game, and it just has to be accepted. Perhaps one day it will change, but it seems unlikely right now.
"If everyone had the same access to every item, it would get kind of boring". cool cool as for the other comments before me yes you guys are totally right old players deserve to keep some of the old stuff to call it rare right? share your story I was here when it started too bad you missed out? ok how about wiz give new players some kind of rare item old players can't get would that also be cool?

A+ Student
Aug 03, 2014
1936
Giraffe7909 on Dec 20, 2018 wrote:
Thank you so much for supporting a part of my argument! I tried looking for administrator comments for the other mounts, but couldn't find any (probably because the Meowmodon is the most-wanted charity mount). After hearing everyone's opinions, I'm a bit more okay with re-releasing the Noelephant and the Bah-Humbug; I suppose I was just a bit shocked and worried when I heard about it. I just hope Kingsisle keeps their word by not returning the Meowmodon.

I would completely support Kingsisle's decision to make a snow leopard mount in the same style as the other big cat mounts as a charity mount. If this does happen, the Meowmodon would stay rare, everyone can obtain a white cat mount, and I can add it to my big cat collection; it's a win-win-win!

I just want to thank you and everyone else for changing a part of my views. I do still believe the charity mounts are like a "trophy," but I'm also just glad that Kingsisle has decided to return the charity mount concept after four years of not doing it. I would still very much like to see new charity mounts rather than the old charity mounts, but as long as they're not returning the Meowmodon, I'm a bit more open to it.
Thank you also for changing my opinion about the Meowmodon! It seems we've both changed each other's views

I enjoy discussing opinions and ideas. I find it especially rewarding when I go into a discussion with one opinion and come out of it with a different opinion. It's been really nice chatting with you about the charity mounts

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
35
angellifeheart on Dec 21, 2018 wrote:
"If everyone had the same access to every item, it would get kind of boring". cool cool as for the other comments before me yes you guys are totally right old players deserve to keep some of the old stuff to call it rare right? share your story I was here when it started too bad you missed out? ok how about wiz give new players some kind of rare item old players can't get would that also be cool?
I'm really sorry if I came off as rude. After hearing everyone's opinions, I'm more open to re-releasing most of the old charity mounts. Even if we still disagree to some extent, we can always agree to disagree, and that's okay. I'm just glad I got to listen to different points as to why they should be brought back, and I now agree more than I have before. Thank you for being a part of this discussion and helping me to gain more insight on this topic.

Delver
Sep 30, 2018
287
Giraffe7909 on Dec 22, 2018 wrote:
I'm really sorry if I came off as rude. After hearing everyone's opinions, I'm more open to re-releasing most of the old charity mounts. Even if we still disagree to some extent, we can always agree to disagree, and that's okay. I'm just glad I got to listen to different points as to why they should be brought back, and I now agree more than I have before. Thank you for being a part of this discussion and helping me to gain more insight on this topic.
No, it is I who should have been apologizing, in all honesty, i shouldn't have had any say in this to this forum, I was just so frustrated by pvp that i took it towards post i felt were on the negative without understanding the main reason so I'm sorry. You were right about old players deserving to keep some of the stuff that was made back then and if they were able to change the colors etc to keep the original looks for old players that should be a thing too.