Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Phoenix Hoard pack

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
24
Speechless just speechless...another Hoard pack dropped into wizard101 by K.I. yes they have done it again. Once again you have chance as they clearly state to get the awesome items that everyone wants. These packs are coming out more frequently then any other additions to the game. As always the story remains the same: "I have spent $50 and got nothing, " i burned 10000 crowns and nothing good." Very few people have successful received these epic drops from any pack that has been released so far.
Since the packs first started coming out my only successful pack was the dragon hoards pack i have gotten the bone dragon mount after at least 5000 worth of crowns i believe. The raven hoard pack i got several of the black raven mounts and the great weapons but not the red raven. Now there are these Phoenix packs, have i spent any money yet? Well no, i haven't spent any crowns on any packs after the ravens and when i did it was no more than $10 of crowns at the most and even then i never completely blew up crowns on packs where i had 90% chance of getting items that i can buy with gold or crown shop versus the murderous minimum 10% chance of getting an epic drop item. Perhaps maybe i am being generous of giving it 10%. Now i will not say the "overpower" wands that are appearing now in packs throws off the balance in the game nor will i say K.I. is ripping people off, i say it comes down to using logic, coming to terms with the fact your not guaranteed anything of your money or crowns worth when you click that 399 button and if your gonna try your luck be responsible, but K.I. isn't the blame because the reward sought wasn't gained. Yes i will say its a gamble( sry fans but its the truth) and while i have no problem with the packs themselves i do have an issue with how low the drop rates are. Which is why i stopped buying them. I will say however that the more packs that are released the more disgusted with the game i become because not released is making the game any more inspiring to continue playing. Its becoming more frustrating for me to play than to enjoy it.
The Phoenix hoard pack was a bit of a shock overall. The gargoyle pet, the 2 person Phoenix mount, the gear and the spear wands are very excited appeals, but unfortunately you have a chance to get these items if you want to spend a few bucks/crowns to even try. Is it worth it? for me no for other perhaps and it all comes down to taste and preferences of the individual. I wish you guys luck and your attempts. How is everyone feeling about the phoenix hoard pack? Do you feel these packs are getting out of control? Or have anyone got anything good?

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
116
Namine704 wrote:
Speechless just speechless...another Hoard pack dropped into wizard101 by K.I. yes they have done it again. Once again you have chance as they clearly state to get the awesome items that everyone wants. These packs are coming out more frequently then any other additions to the game. As always the story remains the same: "I have spent $50 and got nothing, " i burned 10000 crowns and nothing good." Very few people have successful received these epic drops from any pack that has been released so far.
Since the packs first started coming out my only successful pack was the dragon hoards pack i have gotten the bone dragon mount after at least 5000 worth of crowns i believe. The raven hoard pack i got several of the black raven mounts and the great weapons but not the red raven. Now there are these Phoenix packs, have i spent any money yet? Well no, i haven't spent any crowns on any packs after the ravens and when i did it was no more than $10 of crowns at the most and even then i never completely blew up crowns on packs where i had 90% chance of getting items that i can buy with gold or crown shop versus the murderous minimum 10% chance of getting an epic drop item. Perhaps maybe i am being generous of giving it 10%. Now i will not say the "overpower" wands that are appearing now in packs throws off the balance in the game nor will i say K.I. is ripping people off, i say it comes down to using logic, coming to terms with the fact your not guaranteed anything of your money or crowns worth when you click that 399 button and if your gonna try your luck be responsible, but K.I. isn't the blame because the reward sought wasn't gained. Yes i will say its a gamble( sry fans but its the truth) and while i have no problem with the packs themselves i do have an issue with how low the drop rates are. Which is why i stopped buying them. I will say however that the more packs that are released the more disgusted with the game i become because not released is making the game any more inspiring to continue playing. Its becoming more frustrating for me to play than to enjoy it.
The Phoenix hoard pack was a bit of a shock overall. The gargoyle pet, the 2 person Phoenix mount, the gear and the spear wands are very excited appeals, but unfortunately you have a chance to get these items if you want to spend a few bucks/crowns to even try. Is it worth it? for me no for other perhaps and it all comes down to taste and preferences of the individual. I wish you guys luck and your attempts. How is everyone feeling about the phoenix hoard pack? Do you feel these packs are getting out of control? Or have anyone got anything good?

A ton of gear, more pets than I want and the phoenix mount. Haven't got the gargoyle pet that I really, really want -- yet. If I don't, a friend of mine has and he's a nice guy. He'll hatch. :)

Here's the thing with packs -- only spend a reasonable amount on them. No more than the item you want is worth. You have a chance of getting lucky before then. I'm really after the gargoyle since the hatch might not result in my getting one but love the phoenix too and it's perfect for my fire. I just got the phoenix for much less than it was worth for me.

For October, I'm putting off pet training and gardening because not only do I want to try a half dozen or so more of this pack but I want to spend crowns on Halloween including at least two of the pets they usually sell and the Halloween pack. But it is limited to what I can afford to WASTE on trivialities.

And that's the key. Don't spend more than you can afford to waste. You will always get something but there's no guarantee it will be anything you want. KI is very honest about it being a chance only and a chance means just that.

However, for the record, I think this pack is a better than usual bargain. I am getting mega pet snacks, seeds for new plants I haven't heard of before and they are interesting and/or pretty, and a lot of excellent gear. And pets (other than that munchkin, the gargoyle) are dropping pretty easily. I've gotten like four jade oni pets and I've only bought about 10 and a friend gifted me a couple.

And I point out that even if you don't want the housing, gear, etc., you get gold because you sell whatever you don't like for gold.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
1626
Namine704 wrote:
Speechless just speechless...another Hoard pack dropped into wizard101 by K.I. yes they have done it again. Once again you have chance as they clearly state to get the awesome items that everyone wants. These packs are coming out more frequently then any other additions to the game. As always the story remains the same: "I have spent $50 and got nothing, " i burned 10000 crowns and nothing good." Very few people have successful received these epic drops from any pack that has been released so far.
Since the packs first started coming out my only successful pack was the dragon hoards pack i have gotten the bone dragon mount after at least 5000 worth of crowns i believe. The raven hoard pack i got several of the black raven mounts and the great weapons but not the red raven. Now there are these Phoenix packs, have i spent any money yet? Well no, i haven't spent any crowns on any packs after the ravens and when i did it was no more than $10 of crowns at the most and even then i never completely blew up crowns on packs where i had 90% chance of getting items that i can buy with gold or crown shop versus the murderous minimum 10% chance of getting an epic drop item. Perhaps maybe i am being generous of giving it 10%. Now i will not say the "overpower" wands that are appearing now in packs throws off the balance in the game nor will i say K.I. is ripping people off, i say it comes down to using logic, coming to terms with the fact your not guaranteed anything of your money or crowns worth when you click that 399 button and if your gonna try your luck be responsible, but K.I. isn't the blame because the reward sought wasn't gained. Yes i will say its a gamble( sry fans but its the truth) and while i have no problem with the packs themselves i do have an issue with how low the drop rates are. Which is why i stopped buying them. I will say however that the more packs that are released the more disgusted with the game i become because not released is making the game any more inspiring to continue playing. Its becoming more frustrating for me to play than to enjoy it.
The Phoenix hoard pack was a bit of a shock overall. The gargoyle pet, the 2 person Phoenix mount, the gear and the spear wands are very excited appeals, but unfortunately you have a chance to get these items if you want to spend a few bucks/crowns to even try. Is it worth it? for me no for other perhaps and it all comes down to taste and preferences of the individual. I wish you guys luck and your attempts. How is everyone feeling about the phoenix hoard pack? Do you feel these packs are getting out of control? Or have anyone got anything good?


my thoughts on the phoenix pack
one they kinda messed up and said first ds pack when dragon hoard was the first ds pack wasnt it?
also the hoard packs are a gimmic to increase the cash going toward game content
more money on there part pays for computer fixing/software
so they can make new worlds and keep the game running smootly

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
191
bottom line, KI needs to make money somehow.

Its unavoidable. I just hope if they release awesome items like the wands with both critical and block in the 80's, if not now then maybe later, comparable items that a legendary artisan can craft will be made available for everybody.

Crafting, gardening, farming and in a sense just doing your best should always outweigh chances to succeed in the game than buying packs.

Archmages
R. Lionhand
F. Stardust
J. Winterbane
Brahm "finally can cast Deer Knight Spell"

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
192
I got quite lucky with this pack. 1st one got pheonix mount 2nd pack got gargoyle 3rd nothin good 4th got the dragon spear so i stopped.
Usually i get burnt on packs but for once ive been very lucky.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1357
I hope you arent calling it gambling. It may seem like it when you're angry, but its not.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2012
1
I finally talked my mom into letting me buy this pack because they had more good items vs bad items. Before she said no more packs because every time we bought a pack in the past we get the worst items, items that we could go to the bazaar and buy for less then the pack cost. She contact Wizard101 about this and they claimed that the items equal up. She even bought the Pet pack and she didn't even get a pet. Come on it's a PET PACK.

Anyway she finally said yes to the pack and she told me that if I get another bad pack she was not spending anymore money on Wizard101. Surprise, Surprise I once again received items that I can buy at the bazaar or pick up doing quests. I even got some items 2x. So you know what this means right. Once my subscription is over for the year goodbye Wizard101.

Wizard101 do better.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2634
Ronster55 wrote:
I hope you arent calling it gambling. It may seem like it when you're angry, but its not.


I think it's all how you read the definition of Gambling:

Gambling is the wagering of money or something of material value (referred to as "the stakes") on an event with an uncertain outcome with the primary intent of winning additional money and/or material goods. Typically, the outcome of the wager is evident within a short period.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
415
Well, I once spent 25.00 on a certain pack (CANT REMEMBER >:U) and got nothing. I think you put it well in fellow wizard.

Survivor
May 13, 2009
7
I really dont try for packs no more because i am a member but besides the fact i now that most crafting items are better when you are my level but i am curious as to what the armor is from the pack at my level so i might just try my luck and try for some lucky drops

Jacob FireFist
Lvl 80
Balance archmage
Just beat avalon

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4952
KI is a business, let's not forget that. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything. If you have the money, and choose to do so, then great. If not, that's fine too.

I like the packs, myself. I really like the Phoenix pack. No mount (don't want it anyway) or Gargoyle yet, but over my two accounts I've gotten: Ash Spider, Death Leprechaun, Dire Ghoul, Green Ghost, Ianthine Spectre, Jade Oni and the Pale Maiden.

I love, love, love the furniture and have gotten all of the items below:
Dragonspyre Standard
Grizzleheim Pet Derby Theme
Kraken Statue
Krokotopia Pet Derby Theme
Magma Blister
Sylvia Drake Bobblehead
Volcanic Steam Vent
Wyrm-Crowned Bed
Wyrm-Footed Bookshelf
Wyrm-Footed Dresser
Zarathax Bobblehead

I have gotten boots which I promptly stitched, helmets and robes, but no wand yet.

Oh and tons of pet snacks. All in all, I'm quite happy. And that goes for other packs as well. I don't go in expecting anything, and am pleasantly surprised when I do get some cool stuff.