Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

people that havent unlocked CL stop batteling

1
AuthorMessage
Defender
May 09, 2009
161
k i know what your thinking "o their just curious and should be allowed to explore."

well if you where meant to explore all the areas openly in CL without having to earn your way their first then how come you have to unlock them before haveing open acces to the area?

back to my main point people that have not unlock CL have joined battles that higher levels (that are questing or trying to level) are in. this is the reason why we look down on lower levels sure we started that way and we had our peeks to but the ones (like me) that are complaining where the ones that did not go around fighting with people trying to level up.

when you join a battle that your not ready to be in your ruining the experiance for the higher level people that want to complete a quest fast! when they join they will often use up traps that you had set there for a big spell for a one shot kill.

so please if you have'nt earned your way to CL dont fight just look

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
123
Exactly! Just the other day, I was fighting the Celestian Remnants in Stormriven and an adept sorcerer joined my fight. I had managed to defeat one of them before this, but he brought another one into the fight. I told him that he didn't belong in Celestia. He said he knew that so I asked him what he was doing there. He just fled. So I was extremely hard pressed trying to defeat another TWO enemies with low health. I managed to defeat them, but had about 100 health left after. I mean, if they are just walking around, I try to ignore them, but if they jump into battles that they can in no way handle by themselves. I usually tell them that they don't belong there, or ignore them, shield myself, buff, and heal, so that right after they get defeated and are yelling at me to heal them I can just take the monsters out.

Alex Dragonbreaker
Level 53
Grandmaster
Diviner

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
20
Well, here's the funny thing. The past 2 times I ported to CL I was actually told to, the first time was to help my friend Cody DarkDreamer in a battle there, and the second one was because my other friend thought the District of the Stars was his house. So seriously, you cant blame me fo porting to them because they told me to....

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
71
conorjak7 wrote:
k i know what your thinking "o their just curious and should be allowed to explore."

well if you where meant to explore all the areas openly in CL without having to earn your way their first then how come you have to unlock them before haveing open acces to the area?

back to my main point people that have not unlock CL have joined battles that higher levels (that are questing or trying to level) are in. this is the reason why we look down on lower levels sure we started that way and we had our peeks to but the ones (like me) that are complaining where the ones that did not go around fighting with people trying to level up.

when you join a battle that your not ready to be in your ruining the experiance for the higher level people that want to complete a quest fast! when they join they will often use up traps that you had set there for a big spell for a one shot kill.

so please if you have'nt earned your way to CL dont fight just look


You seem to fall under one of my posts (which ends up speaking about 2-3 different topics all together) on another part of the boards. I think you would find it to be somewhere in the ballpark with what your saying. (mind you it IS LONG but trust me it's worth the read.) If your interested in looking at this just find the World "Jumping" topic on the message boards. What I have there is pretty much what your asking the lower levels to do except I am more on the line of asking them to be gone entirely and to be doing their own quests instead of messing with mine or anyone elses.

So, trust me I SYMPATHIZE WITH YA!

Ryan FrostShard- Legend of the Ice Arts

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
4
First: all of you have ported somewere you were not supposed to be yet so dont yell at people who pay for the game also. maybe some people dont want to quest but only wish to pvp why should they waste months tring to lvl for a game like this and also you can have a legendary grandmaster fail as much as a low lvl in battle.also when you got to fight a bunch of one type of creature do you jump in battle with others to accomplish your goals to lvl fast and get the quest done fast.
second:this is a game based on team work if you dont like it go to wow or age of conan people like you make this game no fun plus i see why others want to lvl so quick with the new spells added its unfair to play i go into pvp with people my lvl and there is atleast one person who is legendary can kill everyone in one hit those new multi hit spells need to be limited to one time use in pvp also lord triton is a myth most of the spells are and why cant they even out spells death should be the most powerful not thunder or fire
people can live through fires and storms but you cant live through death and after using a major spell you should be striken with weakness for the next one.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
124
You know the saying: "Look before you leap!" The same goes with looking before porting. See where the person is and the level they are before you port to them so you arent messing up something for them or ask them if they need help. It is only common courtesy. BTW if all you want to do is PVP than level yourself honestly and correctly and dont expect higher levels to do it for you. The one thing I hate most of all is people that power level their characters in a game instead of enjoying the game like it was meant to be and leveling normal. If all your interested in is PVP there are other MMOs that offer just that. You just need to shop around is all. Use common sense is all.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
4
their is nothing wrong with power lvling.i dont want the kids story as i am an adult,i like the games battle engine and i am a mmo hoper and master gamer.
so i pvp if your friends keep porting to you then get rid of them if you dont like that but it seems to me that you people just want to make a mountain out of a mole hill my friends port me in cause they power lvl and thats how some people play mmo's some people dont have time to just and go through quests so it is easyer for them to get to see the game its worlds and be able to do the things they want since they pay for it since the game is built this way why dont you people who dont like it quit.

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
123
david1080 wrote:
First: all of you have ported somewere you were not supposed to be yet so dont yell at people who pay for the game also. maybe some people dont want to quest but only wish to pvp why should they waste months tring to lvl for a game like this and also you can have a legendary grandmaster fail as much as a low lvl in battle.also when you got to fight a bunch of one type of creature do you jump in battle with others to accomplish your goals to lvl fast and get the quest done fast.
second:this is a game based on team work if you dont like it go to wow or age of conan people like you make this game no fun plus i see why others want to lvl so quick with the new spells added its unfair to play i go into pvp with people my lvl and there is atleast one person who is legendary can kill everyone in one hit those new multi hit spells need to be limited to one time use in pvp also lord triton is a myth most of the spells are and why cant they even out spells death should be the most powerful not thunder or fire
people can live through fires and storms but you cant live through death and after using a major spell you should be striken with weakness for the next one.


You are complaining because people actually WORKED to get to where they are and EARNED those spells? How do those people make this game no fun? To answer your question, yes, I do get into people's battles, but I ask first, and if they want to battle alone I respect their wishes. Believe it or not, it is possible to get through the game without porting to places you haven't earned yet. I only ported to places I haven't earned access to a few times, and both times I helped the friend who called me there, then went back to my own place. I've found that this game is more fun if you don't spoil what's coming for yourself. To go back to your question about questing, yes, but I have the QUEST to defeat those monsters, I don't walk around and jump into random battles with creatures that I have no idea how to combat. This game IS based on teamwork, and if you have a group of three or four friends that are on a lot, you can whizz through this game. Why are you talking about how storm isn't supposed to be the most powerful, death is? KI made this game great, and I don't think that they are going to change the damage, accuracy, and health for a lot of schools because one person complained. Yes people want the new spells, but spells are a REWARD from doing your quests and leveling up. Let me put it to you this way:

You are hired to a contruction company. You start out at the lowest level in the company. As you gain experience, you get more important jobs, eventually, you become president of the company. As you get promoted, you get a bigger salary as a REWARD for doing more important jobs. Sound familiar?

Now for what happens in this game: You become a wizard. You start out at level one. As you gain experience, you get more health, more mana, better defense/offense/accuracy boosts. Eventually, you become Legendary. As you got more powerful, you got more powerful spells as REWARDS from doing your quests, gaining exp., etc.

You aren't going to get a huge salary the second you are hired to a company, just as you aren't going to get Leviathan/Efreet/Snow Angel (I think it's called that)/Forest Lord/Skeletal Dragon/Medusa/Ra at level one in this game.

Alex Dragonbreaker Legendary Storm

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
419
conorjak7 wrote:
k i know what your thinking "o their just curious and should be allowed to explore."

well if you where meant to explore all the areas openly in CL without having to earn your way their first then how come you have to unlock them before haveing open acces to the area?

back to my main point people that have not unlock CL have joined battles that higher levels (that are questing or trying to level) are in. this is the reason why we look down on lower levels sure we started that way and we had our peeks to but the ones (like me) that are complaining where the ones that did not go around fighting with people trying to level up.

when you join a battle that your not ready to be in your ruining the experiance for the higher level people that want to complete a quest fast! when they join they will often use up traps that you had set there for a big spell for a one shot kill.

so please if you have'nt earned your way to CL dont fight just look

What you're saying means: Stop battling EVERYWHERE.

Maybe like this: Wizards under level 48 stop battling in CELESTIA.

Thanks!

,Tyler LifeCaller level 60 Fire
,Ryan SilverCoin level 31 Myth
,Taylor LifeCaller level 11 Life
,Tyler LifeCaller level 6 Storm

_______________________________________________________________________
Master the Storm, master the Balance. Master the Life, and you've mastered power.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
343
Sorry but I disagree.

I used to be called a noob. Very annoying!!! So I think as long as low levels join a persons battle with permissoin first, they are totally fine. And when a new world comes out, it's a big deal ! I mean , new places, new friends, new enemys, new clothes, new levels, new spells, new houses, and much more!!! So that makes people exicted. So when I was still in ds, i loved to port to my friends in cl to see the world. and they did not mind. They wanted my help in cl. And I was happy to help them. So that is my opinion.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
20
Personally, i dont think anyone below level 50 should be in celestia. It should be level capped so that you cannot access it earlier than that. You havent earned the right to be there and you are pretty much worthless in a fight.

I was soloing a pillar boss in stormriven and a trash talking low level ( i am talking 800 health) joined with someone else because they want to be power leveled and want the loot. neither was powerful enough to carry the fight, so i left, and they would have had to too. I am NOT going to pl someone who cannot contribute to the fight. You dont deserve it. Go earn it.

And if they join a street fight, especially something nasty like the ice ones in the grotto, they have just added something that they cannot kill which means it is more of a hardship on you to try to kill that one along with the ones on you. What ends up happening in the tough street fights, is that you die, more than likely with some low level telling you to heal him, while you are close to death yourself because of what they have brought in.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
19
milo10000 wrote:
david1080 wrote:
First: all of you have ported somewere you were not supposed to be yet so dont yell at people who pay for the game also. maybe some people dont want to quest but only wish to pvp why should they waste months tring to lvl for a game like this and also you can have a legendary grandmaster fail as much as a low lvl in battle.also when you got to fight a bunch of one type of creature do you jump in battle with others to accomplish your goals to lvl fast and get the quest done fast.
second:this is a game based on team work if you dont like it go to wow or age of conan people like you make this game no fun plus i see why others want to lvl so quick with the new spells added its unfair to play i go into pvp with people my lvl and there is atleast one person who is legendary can kill everyone in one hit those new multi hit spells need to be limited to one time use in pvp also lord triton is a myth most of the spells are and why cant they even out spells death should be the most powerful not thunder or fire
people can live through fires and storms but you cant live through death and after using a major spell you should be striken with weakness for the next one.


You are complaining because people actually WORKED to get to where they are and EARNED those spells? How do those people make this game no fun? To answer your question, yes, I do get into people's battles, but I ask first, and if they want to battle alone I respect their wishes. Believe it or not, it is possible to get through the game without porting to places you haven't earned yet. I only ported to places I haven't earned access to a few times, and both times I helped the friend who called me there, then went back to my own place. I've found that this game is more fun if you don't spoil what's coming for yourself. To go back to your question about questing, yes, but I have the QUEST to defeat those monsters, I don't walk around and jump into random battles with creatures that I have no idea how to combat. This game IS based on teamwork, and if you have a group of three or four friends that are on a lot, you can whizz through this game. Why are you talking about how storm isn't supposed to be the most powerful, death is? KI made this game great, and I don't think that they are going to change the damage, accuracy, and health for a lot of schools because one person complained. Yes people want the new spells, but spells are a REWARD from doing your quests and leveling up. Let me put it to you this way:

You are hired to a contruction company. You start out at the lowest level in the company. As you gain experience, you get more important jobs, eventually, you become president of the company. As you get promoted, you get a bigger salary as a REWARD for doing more important jobs. Sound familiar?

Now for what happens in this game: You become a wizard. You start out at level one. As you gain experience, you get more health, more mana, better defense/offense/accuracy boosts. Eventually, you become Legendary. As you got more powerful, you got more powerful spells as REWARDS from doing your quests, gaining exp., etc.

You aren't going to get a huge salary the second you are hired to a company, just as you aren't going to get Leviathan/Efreet/Snow Angel (I think it's called that)/Forest Lord/Skeletal Dragon/Medusa/Ra at level one in this game.

Alex Dragonbreaker Legendary Storm


I agree. I am a legendary storm and saying that death should be most power ful just makes me mad.Kingsisle made this game how the wanted it to be.You should be gratefull that you get to play it.


Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
338
Well, this post is the complete opposite of my post.
But I do agree that when a low level jumps into battle, it annoys you.
Brianna Wildblood and Seablood

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
1
This is my first and only post cause this is my sons game but I just had to comment. This is a kids game ppl....made for kids. You realize that these ppl that are joining your battles are in fact just young kids. I have seen post like this many times and it is just a lot of QQ which makes it even sadder because this is a KIDS GAME. If you are not a kid then be a grown-up and show some maturity and stop complaining because kids want to look around and check out the game they pay for. Yes you have to pay to play the good stuff and not all of them have their parents pay. My son must do chores to get the money to buy game time so the way I see it if the game lets him go to this place he has every right to be there. If ya don't like it well I feel bad for you that a game makes you that mad you feel the need to rant on a forum. Maybe you should get out and enjoy your childhood while you can. and remember some kids can't "Earn" it as they are limited in the time they are allowed to be in front of a computer. try to keep the content in mind before complaining.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
123
Last night I got a help request from someone, so I ported. He is a level 52 myth. Now, I am currently a level 13 storm guy. Think about how much health and power I have. Good enough for Krokotopia, but not much more than that. This guy was in the Grotto.
Since I don't get power pips very often, it took me about 4 rounds of passing (and tossing up a blade) until I was able to cast storm shark, which did little because he was ice and had a tower shield up.

Needless to say, I didn't last too long. I'm not sure why I was asked to join, except to be a target for the bad guys. There is NO way that someone who doesn't have access to Celestia should even be able to enter there. Its more than a humbling experience, its ridiculous. I guess I was a pawn for the guy who asked me to join. I didn't really appreciate that. The interesting thing is that I was healed by him.

Yes, I do have 4 legendary wizards, (soon 6), so I know what I was up against, maybe I should have just said no, but I always try to help people that yell for help and will continue to do so, but still, why ask for help from a super low level except for a target. Maybe that was his strategy the whole time. Instead of casting a minion, then use a real player for one.

Ryan Firehammer

Survivor
May 03, 2010
16
Now, I'm a level 45 life wizard, and I'm in Dragonspyre. Because of this, I am often struggling with money. So sometimes, I teleport to my friends (who are so much ahead of me because they focus more on the quests) while they are in Celestia. The only reason I do this is to fight enemies and get items to sell. I do this realizing not only that I'm going to Celestia soon anyway, but also that I am a life wizard and nobody will care I'm getting into their fights because I can heal them. * takes breath * so obviously I'm not the only one who thinks I have a good reason to come here every once in a while.

*Matthew SummerLeaf, level 45 life*


Delver
Aug 13, 2010
234
Earlier in my adventure in Celestia, I was in Stormriven.

You know where there are those cheating bosses? I saw s Magus there fighting solo. He was no chat as well. He kept screaming "HELP", I just ignored him and walked away. Reason for this, he needs to learn that he is not ready. You should only be in Celestia if someone invites you, ask you for help, your level 48 and higher, and if your capable of battling new types of enemies.

Blake Iceheart Level 60 Thaumaturge

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
71
david1080 wrote:
First: all of you have ported somewere you were not supposed to be yet so dont yell at people who pay for the game also. maybe some people dont want to quest but only wish to pvp why should they waste months tring to lvl for a game like this and also you can have a legendary grandmaster fail as much as a low lvl in battle.also when you got to fight a bunch of one type of creature do you jump in battle with others to accomplish your goals to lvl fast and get the quest done fast.
second:this is a game based on team work if you dont like it go to wow or age of conan people like you make this game no fun plus i see why others want to lvl so quick with the new spells added its unfair to play i go into pvp with people my lvl and there is atleast one person who is legendary can kill everyone in one hit those new multi hit spells need to be limited to one time use in pvp also lord triton is a myth most of the spells are and why cant they even out spells death should be the most powerful not thunder or fire
people can live through fires and storms but you cant live through death and after using a major spell you should be striken with weakness for the next one.


First: Stop Hijacking this thread with topics that are not even remotely close to what we are talking about.

Second: I would appreciate if you would not talk about us as if you know us. You didnt watch us play our wizards so you know NOTHING about what we did. I know for a 150% fact that I didnt go to a place I couldnt access on my own. So please, stop judging people man. Just plain rude.

Defender
Nov 20, 2010
138
Jackerson wrote:
Well, here's the funny thing. The past 2 times I ported to CL I was actually told to, the first time was to help my friend Cody DarkDreamer in a battle there, and the second one was because my other friend thought the District of the Stars was his house. So seriously, you cant blame me fo porting to them because they told me to....


Yeah, I port to my friends when they need help in dungeons or something like that, so please don't blame us for that.

Rachel RavenTalon, Level 34

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
10
what is cl? I know I probobly know it I just don't know the abrevhiation ( Please excuse my spelling) and what do you mean by lower levels? what do you classify as a low level

Level 16 journeyman pyromancer.

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
62
Me and a RL friend of mine have thought of an idea to battle this very problem, which i thought I should share.

As high lvl wizards that dont like the fact that all the lower lvl wizards run around CL ruining our battles here is a solution. We go to zones like Marleybone and join their battles and once the extra cratures join we have two main options. 1 FLEE 2 PACIFY (so the creature attacks them, got this from a lower lvl wizard that joined one of my battles in CL)

GL and have fun messing up their fun like they do ours.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
43
I agree! This level 4 person ported to my friend in a battle and caused another Piscean Centorion to go into battle. Well, the novice fled so my friend had to battle three enemies instead of two. Now I know that three isn't a lot to battle but he had only gotten one speck of mana from the base camp. So he died and didn't finish his quest.

Even though I agree, what about the level 45 and up? I mean when my Pyromancer was level 46 I took down two Celstian Remnets! They should still be alowed to battle, right? We just need to tell them if they can join our battle or not. The one thing I cannot stand is when your almost done with a battle and a novice, apprentice, adept, journeyman, magus or any other weak wizard ports and a whole new person joins battle! And then the guy that ported flees. I mean if your not going to battle then don't port!

It also bothers me when they port into a dungeon and the boss at the end doubles his minions! Then they die and flee but don't come back so your left fighting like three or four enemies instead of the original two. If they don't flee when they die and you can heal, they expect you to heal them. Don't heal them! They don't deserve to be healed because they might flee.

Edit: However, if someone asks you to port to them, say something like " I'm not strong enough. Sorry " or something along those lines. So I hope all you noob wizards that want to port get it that we don't want you to port! And if you don't it makes you a bigger noob.

Also, when I was in a 4v4 PvP, this noob journeyman was in the battle with me and two other grandmasters. He did absoulutely nothing. He kept passing and passing! So since he seemed like a no-threat, the other team went for us grandmasters. Now this journeyman was a life wizard. He had a few heals. But when all three of us died, guess what he did! He fled! That stubid noob wizard actually fled! So my team lost and it all that noob wiards fault.


Basicaly, if you level 44 or under, don't port to people in a Clestian Battle or join a ranked 4v4 PvP.

Luke DeathBlade, level 57, Pyromancer, Celestia

Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
73
Do you guys see where the problem is?

Can anyone here actually identify the problem? Other MMO don't have this issue, so analyze it. What is the Root of the problem?

This game is too soft, Wayyyy too soft. Safe Sidewalks? Meaningless Deaths? Imagine if low levels have to actually dodge the wondering mobs and when they die, they lose some exp/gold... I bet none of them will be porting anywhere anytime soon. Issue resolved.

We can still make this game noob-friendly by lessening the meaning of Death... Let the players get a "Death Mark" that prevents them from doing anything for 5 game minutes. Or let them lose 10-20 gold per level. Or maybe lose 20-25% of the current level's experience. Anything like that would give death "some meaning" rather than none what-so-ever. As it stands, anyone can beat a boss in a dungeon, by suiciding into the boss's Guards and killing them all (then dying), then just heal up and come back within 30 minutes to kill the lone boss. MMO just don't get any easier than Wizard101.

That being said, I love PvP in this game, it's fun :D

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
369
I think it depends a lot on what person joins the battle, to be honest...

While, yes, it is 99% low-level, annoying people who will run into the battle, dragging in an additional mob that will start beating up on them (usually), which is then followed by screams of "HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL!" (even if no one in the group knows any heals and tell the person so), followed by either whining and complaining, or the person fleeing and leaving the others to clean up their mess. These people are just in it for the money, and will often resort to foul-mouthed behaviour if they don't get others to kill everything for them.

However, I have a few times encountered people in Celestia who clearly understood that they were low level and thus their main task was to avoid annoying the other 1-3 people that were esentially doing all of the work. Perhaps the oddest of such encounters was a Diviner who, after joining, proceeded to blade the resident Legendary Diviner, trap the enemy, and shield the rest of the group - and ended up getting almost forcefully dragged around because he was just so darn useful (even though he was level 25).

And then, of course, there's the challenge seekers who KNOW that they are most likely going to be ground into a fine paste by the mobs in Celestia, but who happily throw themselves at this challenge (this includes the kind of people who charge - and finish - Briskbreeze with two people or less) simply because it is DIFFICULT.

So, it's pretty much all in how you approach Celestia. Some people take it as their Bartleby-given right to go everywhere and kill everything, and, if they cannot kill it on their own, have some puny slave (who of course is not as worthy of them of paying for the subscriptions or crowns) kill for them. Others take it as a challenge, and others yet realise they are in over their heads and do what they can to be useful anyway.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2008
67
boominn wrote:
Me and a RL friend of mine have thought of an idea to battle this very problem, which i thought I should share.

As high lvl wizards that dont like the fact that all the lower lvl wizards run around CL ruining our battles here is a solution. We go to zones like Marleybone and join their battles and once the extra cratures join we have two main options. 1 FLEE 2 PACIFY (so the creature attacks them, got this from a lower lvl wizard that joined one of my battles in CL)

GL and have fun messing up their fun like they do ours.

I understand the problem, but this doesnt solve it. this only makes more problems for the wizards that may or may not do this.

Connor Daycatcher lvl 60 Legendary thaumaturge

1