Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not Given a Dragon?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 04, 2009
26
So recently I saw someone riding an amazing dragon! So I did some searching and found out that these mounts were given around to the people who made an account during 2008-2009 as a present for W101's 5th B-day, which is around when I created my account....so I went and checked, and found nothing, no dragon.

I am kinda upset, I even had asked my parents when, same answer 2008-2009. So where am i supposed to go to obtain this awesome dragon, since i have been playing for so long? Am i missing something? Anyhow, I have always loved playing, and if i am missing something out, please do tell, because this awesome mount for 5 years of playing is just awesome, and KI your amazing! Thanks....

Vanessa IceBreeze

Administrator
You were given a Frontier Dragon, young Wizard.

The announcement clearly states that once you claim the Confetti Cannon, your other rewards will arrive within 24 hours.

You claimed the Confetti Cannon already. You received the Auric Dragon Statue and Frontier Dragon (Permanent) within a few minutes.


community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
23
Hey !

The idea to reward players for their loyalty (the 5th anniversary gifts) is a great one but I think it is just penalizing players that haven't made their accounts earlier and quite frankly it's not fair and it's also frustrating !

To bas ethe gifts only on date of creation is a really REALLY bad idea in my opinion, it does not even take in consideration the players that have actually helped the game a lot by buying crowns or anything else but the date of creation !

I missed The dragon mount by 4 months and I find that really insulting and disappointing ! Because I did not want to join before ? no because there was not enough advertisement and I never saw it earlier on, I joined when I actually saw an add and now I'm penalized because of that ! Now A lot of players just fly that mount around right in my face and yes it's really frustrating !

The game did not only survive by players making their accounts back then. it also survived by players buying a lot of crowns to support the game and right now that goes completely ignored and not even considered and that's also frustrating.

Now I'm stuck with an auric dragon statue ! Don't get me wrong, it's a nice gift and cool looking but I'd give 1- of them just to get that dragon mount ! Every time I see it, it just reminds me and just tells me Don't buy any crowns !

I really hope KingsIsle rethinks their strategy on this matter because I think they are penalizing more players then actually rewarding them. Just a thought !

Thx for your time !

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
391
i got a statue of a dragon(which I don't care about) for the party thing and nothing else has showed up.
am I disqualified from getting a mount because I got a housing item? I hope not cause I could care less about that dragon statue lol.

Administrator
That's correct, you only qualified for the statue.
https://www.wizard101.com/game/5th-birthday-items

If you look to the left of your post above, it shows your Joined date as Sep 30, 2009.

Frontier Dragon Mount (Permanent)
For accounts created between September 2nd, 2008 and September 1st 2009.


community@wizard101.com
Defender
Dec 31, 2010
126
Have you heard the old saying, You get what you get and you don't get upset?
I think its a great idea to reward on when you made an account. I found Wizard101 after I got fed up with ToonTown's servers always throwing me out because they were busy. I was reading a toontown forum (now that I think about it, Jester and Olivia's!) and I saw an ad for wizard101 :) Now I know why it was there…They run w101 central :P but I never saw an ad on tv.

We all do not need dragon mounts. Be happy with your statues, in the next 5 years, if you stick around, you will have more fun and get something awesomer for being here. That will be year 7 or 8 for me.

Keira D.
lvl 79 Diviner

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2181
HikaruMidomiya on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
Hey !

The idea to reward players for their loyalty (the 5th anniversary gifts) is a great one but I think it is just penalizing players that haven't made their accounts earlier and quite frankly it's not fair and it's also frustrating !

To bas ethe gifts only on date of creation is a really REALLY bad idea in my opinion, it does not even take in consideration the players that have actually helped the game a lot by buying crowns or anything else but the date of creation !

I missed The dragon mount by 4 months and I find that really insulting and disappointing ! Because I did not want to join before ? no because there was not enough advertisement and I never saw it earlier on, I joined when I actually saw an add and now I'm penalized because of that ! Now A lot of players just fly that mount around right in my face and yes it's really frustrating !

The game did not only survive by players making their accounts back then. it also survived by players buying a lot of crowns to support the game and right now that goes completely ignored and not even considered and that's also frustrating.

Now I'm stuck with an auric dragon statue ! Don't get me wrong, it's a nice gift and cool looking but I'd give 1- of them just to get that dragon mount ! Every time I see it, it just reminds me and just tells me Don't buy any crowns !

I really hope KingsIsle rethinks their strategy on this matter because I think they are penalizing more players then actually rewarding them. Just a thought !

Thx for your time !
Do you remember what was done the last couple of years for KI/W101 BDay? A Happy Birthday Banner, part hat, and a gift that could not be opened.

In real life which is where KI is operating, if a business does not make it to 5 years and show a profit, they shut down and write off on tax returns. KI has made it 5 years and is making a profit. In doing so, they have chosen to celebrate bigger this year than in the past 4. It is only fair they do so in the very way they have chosen and based on when an account was started. This is not the first time KI has done things for players based on start date and I doubt it will be the last.

There is not a single player including the Beta testers that has any idea what KI will or will not do for any given celebration.

I have 2 accounts, this one as you can see, I joined in Feb, 2009, but the second account was started in March 2010. The second account does not get the mount. No big deal. I did not start playing this game to get a lot of free stuff. It is nice but KI doesn't have to do anything at all. After All, it is THEIR birthday, not ours.

KI is not Penalizing anyone, but stick around long enough and the next big celebration may be even better. Who knows what they will do next? Certainly not the players.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
391
Professor Greyrose on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
That's correct, you only qualified for the statue.
https://www.wizard101.com/game/5th-birthday-items

If you look to the left of your post above, it shows your Joined date as Sep 30, 2009.

Frontier Dragon Mount (Permanent)
For accounts created between September 2nd, 2008 and September 1st 2009.
I just barley missed it lol. its saddening but hopefully the new content that is to come will fix that.

Explorer
Aug 20, 2008
96
As one of the beta testers of the game I am thrilled to have a pioneer dragon mount to match my pet. I even took Roscoe to the dye shop and had him dyed the same color as the new mount. Now I have a dragon who turns big when I go outdoors and small when I go indoors. ;-)

It can feel real sucky when you miss a deadline but just a few days, but there's always going to be someone who missed a cutoff by the skin of their teeth. It can't be helped. In the case of the Pioneer Dragon, it's an extension of an honor that was already in the game - only beta testers got a pioneer dragon pet. The mount is just a lot more noticable than a pet dragon, heh.

I think the Frontier Dragon pet for first year subscribers is also appropriate. Those people helped the game get off the ground and become a success and it's pretty cool that so many of those first year players are still around, at least judging by the Frontier Dragons that I see flying around the Commons.

That's the best thing about the two new dragon mounts. Sure, everyone wants mounts, but these two mounts identify the people who where there from the beginning, who are still there now. It's cool knowing that there are still people out there who have been there from day one or at least close to it.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2634
Personally I prefer my earned in the game, purchased with gold, over the years, mounts - oddly they are mainly dragons too. I just added a pink one to my collection. I really have never been a player that needed to "show off" my success in the game since I play for my self satisfaction not others.

I find it very poor sportsmanship that any one would complain about not getting a free gift or what they got as a free gift.

I am perfectly happy with my dragon statue and cannon. I put them in the main room of my castle so I will see and interact with them when ever I go to my bank.

Be happy KI thought of us at all. It's a gift of appreciation and it's only fair those who helped get the game off the ground get the bigger rewards for it.

Mary StarGem

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
391
all I said was I wasn't into the housing item as much as I would be the mount. I perfectly understand that I didn't join early so I didn't get a mount. the main reason I wanted one so badly is because the only mount my pyromancer has ever had is those dragon wings from the dragon hoard pack lol.
aside from all that though I am really looking forward to whats behind that door in the haunted cave.

Historian
May 06, 2009
633
HikaruMidomiya on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
Hey !

The idea to reward players for their loyalty (the 5th anniversary gifts) is a great one but I think it is just penalizing players that haven't made their accounts earlier and quite frankly it's not fair and it's also frustrating !

To bas ethe gifts only on date of creation is a really REALLY bad idea in my opinion, it does not even take in consideration the players that have actually helped the game a lot by buying crowns or anything else but the date of creation !

I missed The dragon mount by 4 months and I find that really insulting and disappointing ! Because I did not want to join before ? no because there was not enough advertisement and I never saw it earlier on, I joined when I actually saw an add and now I'm penalized because of that ! Now A lot of players just fly that mount around right in my face and yes it's really frustrating !

The game did not only survive by players making their accounts back then. it also survived by players buying a lot of crowns to support the game and right now that goes completely ignored and not even considered and that's also frustrating.

Now I'm stuck with an auric dragon statue ! Don't get me wrong, it's a nice gift and cool looking but I'd give 1- of them just to get that dragon mount ! Every time I see it, it just reminds me and just tells me Don't buy any crowns !

I really hope KingsIsle rethinks their strategy on this matter because I think they are penalizing more players then actually rewarding them. Just a thought !

Thx for your time !
I have to agree with other players here, I think you're being very negative to this event that's suppose to be very happy. Is it upsetting that you didn't get a mount? Yes. Now you have to get over it. This isn't about whether or not you spent a ton of crowns for this game or that this player's better than that player. KI is simply showing their appreciation those players who stayed with the majority of Wizard101's existance and help build this community.

"The game did not only survive by players making their accounts back then. it also survived by players buying a lot of crowns to support the game and right now that goes completely ignored and not even considered and that's also frustrating."
So are you suggesting we should base things on how many crowns you spent on this game to get your mount? That really seems fair there. It doesn't matter that players have complained amount more crowns item stuff Oh no! Let's just base it off the bill you payed.

In a just world, any player could come and spend hundreds of dollars on this game whenever they entered. A player could have signed up yesterday and spent $200 just to play the game. Great! But you've only been here a day and might not be back tomorrow. Someone who's been with the game years, may have never spent a cent on this game, but still played years and years. It shows that while you may not be able to go everywhere in Wizard101, you'll still play it anyway. That has some wieght because one person who stays and likes it, can grow into 35 million.

While buying crowns is a factor to Wizard101's success, we're talking loyalty here. The longest players to stay with Wizard101, whether you spent money or not, helped shape this game. It was those players who stayed in the beginning of Wizard101 to help build a community. It was their ideas and suggests in the beginning that helped make Wizard101 better to attract people. Their words, as well as many others today, helped shape this game to what it is today. From what you've written in your posts, you fail to see that.

Now I'm stuck with an auric dragon statue ! Don't get me wrong, it's a nice gift and cool looking but I'd give 1- of them just to get that dragon mount ! Every time I see it, it just reminds me and just tells me Don't buy any crowns !"

So KI should take your statue away then? KI didn't have to give you anything at all. They don't have to do anything nice for anyone on this game. But you're all "Man! I'm 4 months off to get that mount! Everyone who has one is a slap to my face!"
It's no ones fault for your inconvience of advertisement nor does that matter. Crap happens in life. But it's just a mount, not your right to play. They could've done worse to truly "penalized" you. Instead of looking at it negatively, think of it positively. You got rewarded something for showing your support. It's not about the prizes or the crowns or whose better. It's Wizard101's birthday. We're celebrating that and we haven't even started yet.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
32
HikaruMidomiya on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
Hey !

The idea to reward players for their loyalty (the 5th anniversary gifts) is a great one but I think it is just penalizing players that haven't made their accounts earlier and quite frankly it's not fair and it's also frustrating !

To bas ethe gifts only on date of creation is a really REALLY bad idea in my opinion, it does not even take in consideration the players that have actually helped the game a lot by buying crowns or anything else but the date of creation !

I missed The dragon mount by 4 months and I find that really insulting and disappointing ! Because I did not want to join before ? no because there was not enough advertisement and I never saw it earlier on, I joined when I actually saw an add and now I'm penalized because of that ! Now A lot of players just fly that mount around right in my face and yes it's really frustrating !

The game did not only survive by players making their accounts back then. it also survived by players buying a lot of crowns to support the game and right now that goes completely ignored and not even considered and that's also frustrating.

Now I'm stuck with an auric dragon statue ! Don't get me wrong, it's a nice gift and cool looking but I'd give 1- of them just to get that dragon mount ! Every time I see it, it just reminds me and just tells me Don't buy any crowns !

I really hope KingsIsle rethinks their strategy on this matter because I think they are penalizing more players then actually rewarding them. Just a thought !

Thx for your time !
I missed the dragon by less than 3 months and it really upset me and buying stuff truly is better than playing for5 years we should get a reward.

Explorer
Aug 20, 2008
96
Austin Icethorn on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
I missed the dragon by less than 3 months and it really upset me and buying stuff truly is better than playing for5 years we should get a reward.
You DID get a reward. You just wanted a different one. As for "buying stuff", do you truly think that anyone who got a Pioneer Dragon or Frontier Dragon mount is someone who never paid for anything?

Some people spend hundreds of dollars on this game to buy mounts and houses and packs and gear. If they made it about "buying stuff" and gave the rich people the best loyalty rewards for spending the most money, would that really make you happy? Somehow, I think it would just cause a different sort of complaint about how it's unfair to reward people who have lots of money to spend compared to ordinary players.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
236
Are you guys really serious? These items are given to you for free and you are still whining and complaining. The speciality items are given as a reward for players who have supported the game for the longest time. A reward for the customers who have been there, using the game for the longest times. It is reward based on effort or time served. For a job well done. Yet you are whining and claiming you are being discriminated against because you are a newer player. Sigh it is this kind of entitlement thinking that is really destroying our society. You think you are entitled to everything whether you did the work or not. This is the kind of thinking that gives 'participation' trophies to all players so they won't 'feel bad' for not winning anything and in the process it cheapens the perceived value of the true trophy for the winner that worked the hardest. Some schools are now removing rewards given to hard working students so the ones not getting a reward won't 'feel bad'.
Well it is ridiculous Hard work Should be rewarded and those that did not do the work should not be able to whine discrimination because they did not get a reward that they did nothing to earn. Whining discrimination to new players really cheapens the work the older players have put into the game and that is not fair to them. Stop thinking of only yourself and what you want and step back and realize that in real life you are rewarded for hard work and will not be given everything you want just because you feel bad. This kind of entitlement tantrum throwing just makes you look selfish. If you did the job you deserve the reward, if you did not, stop whining because you want it too. I did not get the beta items or pre game items because I wasn't playing then. I don't deserve those perks because I wasn't there and I am not complaining. Sure they are cool but I didn't earn them and it would be a lie for me to flaunt what I have not earned. Please grow up and just accept that you get what you earn.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
1
so hello professor greyrose thanks for the mount! very pleased :D
Level42Myth Also 56 Death :) Sincerly TylerDarkBlade

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
923
KI could give out thousand-dollar bills, and people would complain about the way they were folded.

Be grateful you have what you have, some games don't give anything away for free at all.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
236
crunkatog on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
KI could give out thousand-dollar bills, and people would complain about the way they were folded.

Be grateful you have what you have, some games don't give anything away for free at all.
Well said Crunkatog, lol . You sound a lot like a well loved depression era cowboy philosopher Will Rogers.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
304
Well the dragon is something very special that only the earliest players deserve in my opinion. I got a statue and I am grateful for just that. And if you got on wizard101 central and entered their "Everybody wins raffle" additional stuff would be received (I got a sword, a pet, and 1,360 crowns :) ). PLus keep your chin up, maybe they'll give out presents next year!

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
486
Guys, come on, seriously? We are all arguing about a mount on a virtual game? People are really taking sides and stating there opinion? Well, now I'm going to state mine.

First of all, the people who joined and got a mount, because they played for ever so long, that is hard work. They worked on their accounts and earned all this stuff. And you're complaining about getting a statue? In a few years those statues will be rare items, and people are yelling.

Maybe I'm making the mistake. Maybe it's me just thinking wrong. But last time I remember, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit. This was a post meant for somebody asking a simple question and it has turned into a fight. Like Crukatog said, KI could give out one thousand dollar bills and people would complain about how they were folded. It's a game, nothing to get upset about.
I don't mean to sound mean, though. Sorry if I do.
-Molly level 73

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
1
I never received my dragon mount, or the confetti cannon. I created my account on December 8, 2008. And i did redeem my code at least i think i did.. lol

Administrator
LucasFireFlame71 on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
I never received my dragon mount, or the confetti cannon. I created my account on December 8, 2008. And i did redeem my code at least i think i did.. lol
Yes you did, young Wizard.

You received 1 Auric Dragon Statue and 1 Frontier Dragon Mount (Permanent)


community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
4
Hmmm. I must ask, where do you find your confetti cannon? (Or was that what we got when we redeemed our code and it automatically applied once we logged in?) I feel a little dumb looking and looking through my bank, backpack (which is full) and shared bank and not finding a confetti cannon. *blush* I'm sure I got what I should, but I'm trying to figure everything out.

Administrator
shadeling on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
Hmmm. I must ask, where do you find your confetti cannon? (Or was that what we got when we redeemed our code and it automatically applied once we logged in?) I feel a little dumb looking and looking through my bank, backpack (which is full) and shared bank and not finding a confetti cannon. *blush* I'm sure I got what I should, but I'm trying to figure everything out.
Just like any other gift given to you by another player, or redeemed through a code on the website, you need to claim the item from your in-game Gift Window. Look for the Gift icon above your Health and Mana next time you log into the game.



community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
1