Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Spells for All Schools!

AuthorMessage
Administrator
New Spells for All Schools!
New spells are available for players at level 35 and 55. If you are above the level requirements, and have completed the required quests listed below, speak to Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town.

This is a departure from how spells are usually trained, so please follow the instructions you are given.

The spells for players who are a minimum of level 35 will be a new utility spell inline with the other spells players are used to seeing from their class. For example, Storm Players will gain access to a new Stormblade that allows them to dump power pips to make their next spell even more powerful. Nobody beats in a Storm Wizard when it comes to pure damage right?

Players who are a minimum of level 35 and who have completed the Grizzleheim quest "One in the Snout" will be invited to speak to Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town who will give you a quest named "I Know a Guy...".

The spells for players who are a minimum of level 55 spell will be an upgrade of an existing spell that makes it even more useful to high level players. For Fire Wizards this means that Link will now be upgraded to Power Link; a much more effective version of the old spell that allows Fire Wizards to heal themselves considerably better while dropping a big damage over time spell on their opponents.

Players who are a minimum of level 55 and who have completed the Grizzleheim quest "Thief of Spells" will be invited to speak to Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town who will give you the quest "The Spell Trade".


community@wizard101.com
Administrator
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
Spell Updates
Several spells have changed, so please pay close attention to this section.
General
Notification on Stun Fail - Bosses can’t be stunned, now there is notification of such fact!
Spells can now both be a damage spell and a charm, which means they will react properly to enchantments.
Many spells that are variations of the original will now look more like they should - ie the Life Banshee will be green and not look like the Death Banshee. Look for these updates in various spells.
Being stunned now only generates one stun shield.

Fire
Link card now does damage and heal on first round.

Ice
Ice Colossus Spell will have its damage increased from 460-540 to 500-580.
Stun Block Spell now gives 2 Stun block shields, is only available through Diego the Duelmaster and requires a rank of Private to train.

Life
Sprite Queen's heal over time now heals for 60, then 333 over three rounds.
Lifebane will no longer be cast by the Sprite Guardian, or available as a Treasure Card. The Sprite Guardian has Spirit Armor now, instead of Lifebane.

Death
Empower cards can no longer critical.
Empower cards Damage to self now is now 300 (was 500)
Empower Treasure Card Damage to self now 250 (was 400)
Empower - Amulet Card Damage to self now 250 (was 400)
Empower - Pet Card Damage to self now 300 (was 500)
Doom & Gloom will now do -65% to all healing spells.
Players will no longer become stuck on the wrong team when Beguile is cast back to back on both teams.
Accuracy and damage enchantment cards can now be applied to Drain spells.

Storm
Cleanse Charm now cost 0 pips.
The odds of self-destructing with the Insane Bolt spell are 20%

Myth
Earthquake no longer removes stun shields.
Pierce now cost 0 pips.

Balance
Minion donated pips will no longer disappear if the Mander minion dies in that round.
Accuracy and damage enchantment cards can now be applied to Power Nova.

Moon
The Polymorph Gobbler spell now has 90% stun resist when in Gobbler form.

Treasure & Pet
Some Spell Cards had their spell card descriptions updated to accurately reflect how much damage the spells actually do - please note, the actual damage has not changed, just the text on the card is now accurate.
Heckhound Treasure Card will now correctly state 135 damage per pip over 3 rounds.
Storm Hound Treasure Card will now correctly state 150 damage per pip over 3 rounds.
Storm Hound Pet Card will now correctly state 130 damage per pip over 3 rounds.


community@wizard101.com
Astrologist
May 22, 2009
1104
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
Professor Greyrose wrote:
New spells are available for players at level 35 and 55. If you are above the level requirements, and have completed the required quests listed below, speak to Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town.

This is a departure from how spells are usually trained, so please follow the instructions you are given.

The spells for players who are a minimum of level 35 will be a new utility spell inline with the other spells players are used to seeing from their class. For example, Storm Players will gain access to a new Stormblade that allows them to dump power pips to make their next spell even more powerful. Nobody beats in a Storm Wizard when it comes to pure damage right?

Players who are a minimum of level 35 and who have completed the Grizzleheim quest "Blackbird in a Cage" will be invited to speak to Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town who will give you a quest named "I Know a Guy...".

The spells for players who are a minimum of level 55 spell will be an upgrade of an existing spell that makes it even more useful to high level players. For Fire Wizards this means that Link will now be upgraded to Power Link; a much more effective version of the old spell that allows Fire Wizards to heal themselves considerably better while dropping a big damage over time spell on their opponents.

Players who are a minimum of level 55 and who have completed the Grizzleheim quest "Thief of Spells" will be invited to speak to Baldur Goldpaws in Northguard who will give you the quest "The Spell Trade".


Just one question:

In order to gain the level 55 spell, do we have to complete northilund exposure? (sp?) The update notes do not state this, and from many posts (now and on test) people are not being redirected to Baldur for another spell after gaining their level 35 quest.

PLZ PLZ Clarify this

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Squire
Nov 22, 2010
524
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
superluther wrote:

Players who are a minimum of level 55 and who have completed the Grizzleheim quest "Thief of Spells" will be invited to speak to Baldur Goldpaws in Northguard who will give you the quest "The Spell Trade".


Something isn't working.

I completed "Thief of Spells" this morning.

I hit level 55 an hour ago.

I got a message from Mr. Lincoln saying that I might be asked to talk to Baldur but I can't talk to him and can't find anyone to tell me to talk to him.

From what I've read, I have completed all the requirements for the spell upgrade. Yet the upgrade isn't available to me.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
18
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
I agree something is not right , i have completed theif of spells and have not recieved quest to speak with mr paws again (not sure of his name at this point i am pretty tired) I am very disappointed in my 35 spell as i am death school and my hit percentage increase is 55% so instead of a hit for 300 i get hit for 460 same with empower , maybe that is something that you guys can fix, now i have seen ice 35 and it is very nice, why do i have to hit myself for a quarter of my life to add 30% blade... and where is my 55 spell what else do i need to do
Flint silverblood level 58 Necromancer

Administrator
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
You'll need to go visit Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town. Northguard was incorrectly noted on the release notes. Our apologies for the confusion!


community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
305
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
Can dark pact critical?

Survivor
May 23, 2009
1
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
I got the quest for the insane bolt with my storm but i keep dieing because of the difficulty and none of my friends can help me. Can you like at least allow storms to port to each other?

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
4
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
Question, what is the Sprite queen? Is this a pet, spell, or minion?

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
261
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
ftash38 wrote:
I got the quest for the insane bolt with my storm but i keep dieing because of the difficulty and none of my friends can help me. Can you like at least allow storms to port to each other?


no or else the quest would be way too easy

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
11
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
I am confused...where are these quests that have to be completed in order to talk to GoldPaws? I have finished all of GH and I could talk to him to get the tower shields for all team,but have no clue as to which land the other is in...I think there needs to be clarification on where these quests are located so that we can be aware of when it's time to go talk to him since he won't call for us. Thanks

Survivor
May 15, 2009
19
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
Considering some of these complaints, I'd say just to know you have to complete the quest "Su Su Sudrilund" to get the level 55 spell, and considering beating the bosses, they're all good spells, they're supposed to be tough to get, here's how I get spells in bosses I have to solo:
1.Use the balance PVP method
2.Polymorph to heal/gain a school advantage
3.Use minions
4.If you're truly stuck, but henchman, a balance, ice, and life
5.If you die with all of these, consider using better gear
6.If you keep losing, buy a life mastery amulet, buy back training points, and choose life and sun
7.This is the last resort, buy the new mega bundle, and get the level 50, then use an ice mastery amulet, or storm mastery amulet, so you can hurt them badly via windstorm, critical, and storm lord, or use frozen armor
8.Use crafted armor from CL or use Waterworks drops

Survivor
May 09, 2010
7
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
can you turn the death dragon into a multi attack so it can be like the others because it is no fun if it goes to one .

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
4
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
superluther wrote:

Players who are a minimum of level 55 and who have completed the Grizzleheim quest "Thief of Spells" will be invited to speak to Baldur Goldpaws in Northguard who will give you the quest "The Spell Trade".


Something isn't working.

I completed "Thief of Spells" this morning.

I hit level 55 an hour ago.

I got a message from Mr. Lincoln saying that I might be asked to talk to Baldur but I can't talk to him and can't find anyone to tell me to talk to him.

From what I've read, I have completed all the requirements for the spell upgrade. Yet the upgrade isn't available to me.
k first of all do a double check to make sure you have all the requirments done, if you have then go talk to him(he is where you first meet him)

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
4
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
Majornumbthumbs wrote:
I agree something is not right , i have completed theif of spells and have not recieved quest to speak with mr paws again (not sure of his name at this point i am pretty tired) I am very disappointed in my 35 spell as i am death school and my hit percentage increase is 55% so instead of a hit for 300 i get hit for 460 same with empower , maybe that is something that you guys can fix, now i have seen ice 35 and it is very nice, why do i have to hit myself for a quarter of my life to add 30% blade... and where is my 55 spell what else do i need to do
Flint silverblood level 58 Necromancer
go talk to him even if you dont get the turtorial tip

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
4
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
random1self wrote:
Can dark pact critical?
yes and i HATE it :( i am death to

Defender
May 12, 2009
103
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
random1self wrote:
Can dark pact critical?
I think so. I can't remember if it happened to me before. I guess so since the card doesn't say so otherwise.

Survivor
Jan 22, 2010
3
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
How much damage.

Survivor
May 20, 2009
1
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
Yeah, just for advice, when i got to lvl 35, it wouldnt let me talk to they person. Just make sure you finished the first quest in Mirkholm keep, then, talk to Baulder Goldpaws in OLD TOWN.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
1
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
birde1000 wrote:
can you turn the death dragon into a multi attack so it can be like the others because it is no fun if it goes to one .


sorry i do not think you can turn to multi attack lol

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
1
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
supermario025 wrote:
Question, what is the Sprite queen? Is this a pet, spell, or minion?

just use a talos minion tresure cards >.>

Survivor
May 11, 2010
7
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
not to bother but i'm level 35 and when goldpaws called me he dident give me a quest i don't know what to do next

Daniel star breeze,
or coolchill23 :) :-) :D

Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
19
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
supermario025 wrote:
Question, what is the Sprite queen? Is this a pet, spell, or minion?

Dude its a boss in unicorn way

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
1
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
lydia greyrose ive been kindly asking and how do you get minion for death students besides that spectre any minion

Armiger
Mar 12, 2010
2479
Re: New Spells for All Schools!
chosen4what wrote:
lydia greyrose ive been kindly asking and how do you get minion for death students besides that spectre any minion


The fansite at Wizard101Central.com has a list of all spells for each school. I found this one for the spell "Animate" that you get at Level 28:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Animate