Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Skin Color

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 20, 2013
So I like the new update, but why is the dark brown skin not an option in character creator, but instead a color you have to purchase with crowns? I mean, i can see an extravagant color like for instance, green or purple being a skin color you can't access in the character creation, but why dark brown, or even the very light beige, i don't understand, those colors are quite ordinary and have no particular reason being crown only skin colors imo even considering they are new skin colors, what do you guys think?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i would so pay extra for green or purple as a skin colour; that would be wicked.

as for ki's reasoning, idk. maybe the same reason girls can't wear brown and boys can't wear pink: limited number of spots in colour palette at character creation.

-von

Survivor
Jul 27, 2012
Apolloina on Jul 24, 2018 wrote:
So I like the new update, but why is the dark brown skin not an option in character creator, but instead a color you have to purchase with crowns? I mean, i can see an extravagant color like for instance, green or purple being a skin color you can't access in the character creation, but why dark brown, or even the very light beige, i don't understand, those colors are quite ordinary and have no particular reason being crown only skin colors imo even considering they are new skin colors, what do you guys think?
I agree completely. People should be able to create characters that are their own skin tone. People can't always get crowns in addition to a membership (which is already expensive) so its not fair to those POCs, that they can't access their skin color.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I think it might be because adding them to the character selection may only cause more complaints to arise, such as "people get this for free and I have to pay for it just because they created their character later than I did?" Being the main reason.
You won't believe how many grown adults get into fits when KI makes a change they don't like, so KI does what they can...

I definitely understand why you wish to have this skin color, though, and here's a tip:
KI has quizzes on their website, most easily accessible in the popup that appears after you exit the game.
Each quiz you get with over 75% will award you with 10 crowns, and (understandably) there is a 10 quiz capacity pet day. However, if you look up the answers that are widely available online, you will be able to get 100 crowns in no time. :P