Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New! Minions for level 75+

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 27, 2010

1. How do wizards get knew five pip minion from Aquila

Explorer
Nov 27, 2010
i am talking about minions. are they worth the trouble? they can destroy your traps, use your blades wrong, heal themselves and not ever you?when you saving up for full power pips for x spell, they give you to normal pips mine has. tell me your opinion or

Historian
May 06, 2009
Speak to Halston Balestrom in the storm school, Young Wizard, to begin the quest to get your new minion.

The minions themselves are very powerful. From what I've heard, Balance's new minion is quite the helper with a variety of spells to aid you. Plus they all start off with 5-6 pips, which is very nice. They still act a bit like minions, so there is a chance they will use your power ups, but the minions are selfless and will aid you in anyway they can. Being Death, my Malduit will occasionally shield me or buff me with Dream Shield, Death Shields or Death Blade. She also has a love for Deer Knight which can help get over all damage done on the enemies as well as direct them toward her and leave me to power up. I think it's very worth it to get the minions!

*I kinda wish Malduit would use Skeletal Pirate and Wraith like some of the Animate minions, because I've summoned her here and there and she has yet use it, if she knows these spells at all.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
Are the new minions going to be worth the effort to earn them now? Not from what I am seeing and hearing.

KI please leave the minions as they were when you opened test. After my last run with my new life minion I don't see why I should consider doing the quest for him. Yes, I am sure there is going to be a future requirement to do the minion quest , but then that may not matter either.
So is it possible that only the Life minions were nerfed to become mainly just healers? Lets face it, like pets, these things will be unpredictable so it's not like you can take your heal spells out of your deck.

It seems Myth and Balance posting on here are happy with what they are getting out of those schools.

Currently my Life is at level 90 and I am not taking any quests unless there is a level cap raise. I am also wondering with any of these will they be useful going forward or are they best for around lvl 75?

I don't have any other wizards right now at that level to test other schools out myself.

I personally stop using most school minions around end of Mooshu at most - to bad they didn't pick up there with something rather then having a 35 level gap, almost like too little too late going on there.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2012
Hey there, I'm hoping you can help me out. I am a level 90 balance wizard with my availing hands spell, and I cannot get the quest for my new minion spell...what's wrong?

Survivor
Jul 14, 2011
Very useful i love them i didnt know about these until i got to level 80 but still very useful for death

Survivor
May 09, 2010
I have recently gotten to level 75 and I did go to the storm trainer who did not have the quest for me. if someone could tell me how I could get my minion spell I would appreciate it

Explorer
Nov 27, 2010
do not listen to what i said about how to get the minion. it was my sister.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2010
these minions are great! but I just have one problem with them. for the high level wizards in AZ you need a block to stay alive and as far as I've tested these minions don't have that, KI plz think of adding a critical and block to these minions

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
Well today i just got on level 75 i didn't get anything saying go to mr balestrom but i still went and i didnt get the quest for my minion

Neither did I get my efreet pet or my phoenix pet

Administrator
mzkaley on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
Well today i just got on level 75 i didn't get anything saying go to mr balestrom but i still went and i didnt get the quest for my minion

Neither did I get my efreet pet or my phoenix pet
You have some catching up to do, young Wizard.

As the original post states, there are two requirements to meet to be able to accept the starting spell quest from your Professor
  • Being a minimum of level 75
  • Having completed the quest “The Runedown” which gave you your level 55 spell (in Fire's case, that's Power Link)

You do not even have your level 55 spell yet, young Wizard, which requires that you complete a fair amount of Grizzleheim to obtain. Visit http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:The_Runedown and use the "Prequest" links to find out where you left off.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
I knew about the level 75 minions, but the insane bolt...... what do i have to complete in order to get that? because i have not gotten any quests for new spell since i was level 58. Could I have missed something?

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:

As the original post states, there are two requirements to meet to be able to accept the starting spell quest from your Professor
  • Having completed the quest “The Runedown” which gave you your level 55 spell (in Fire's case, that's Power Link)

You do not even have your level 55 spell yet, young Wizard, which requires that you complete a fair amount of Grizzleheim to obtain. Visit http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:The_Runedown and use the "Prequest" links to find out where you left off.
I been had my power link
I don't know what to do

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:

I have link but not Power Link
I HAVE NO idea what to do
PLEASE HELP

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
mzkaley on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
PLEASE HELP
Start here and maybe back track

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Power_Link

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
I just reached Sudrilund and I defeated Ketil Blackheart but i can't get the side quest for POWER LINK.........
I don't know what else to do. Will I EVER get the power link

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
mzkaley on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
PLEASE HELP
Thanks so much Now I have my minion, power link, detonate, and I am working on the quest to get the backdraft
Thanks

Explorer
Jul 26, 2012
how you get the runedown quest and wintertusk pls let me know?

Survivor
Nov 04, 2010
I have seen people cast the henchman and he is really good. I am not high enough level yet so i don't have it. I was wondering if there would be any treasure cards for it.i really need it

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
I know this is an old post, but I felt it deserved a more recent comment.

Having just received my minion Sir Bedevere I have to say I have mixed feelings about it. For starters I'm thrilled to have a new minion but on the other hand there are some serious flaws in it's design.

For Example:

The biggest selling point of the school is it's ability to heal not just themselves but their teammates--any level 5 wizard knows this. However, the drawback is that life students are continually forced to choose between using their pips to heal or attack--an issue which only plagues them more as they get more and more powerful heals and attacks. For example my life wizard has a 100% power pip chance, with that in mind Rebirth (costing 7 pips) and Forest Lord (costing 8) are both usable to me at the same time--but which to use?

Many of the teams I've been on seem determined to push all life students into healing for them all the time, I like to try and find a balance however.

Now this might not seem relevant but it is Because I had been hoping that as a minion I could count on Sir Bedevere for at least semi-regular healing. But as he is programmed now I can't.

More over he's almost more of a hindrance then a help to me as I tend to solo things, and his frequent attacking makes it very hard for me to set up the traps necessary to one-hit-kill.

I'm not saying that he should only heal, I understand that would be an unfair advantage for life students and I am accustomed to working with henchmen who sometimes attack and sometimes heal. I'm also accustomed to minions as I have a mid-level Myth student but in this case I'm at a loss. But I was expecting something more along the lines of a level 50-75 life henchmen who would occasionally attack but more often heal.

I don't dislike the minion, but I think I had higher expectations for a minion I had to wait 75 levels to get.

The Scarlet Series
Level 75
Level 45
Level 15
Level 10