Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Life Henchmen a ripoff?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Well I recently used a life henchman because I was about to die and I thought he could heal me. But no he didn't help me so I died and am very upset. KI make the life henchmen also heal because otherwise we end up waisting crowns on them thinking they will heal.

Defender
May 24, 2009
I agree with you! Once i bought one of these life henchmen thinking they would heal me when i was already dieing! I thought it would heal me but NOOOO, instead it kept attacking the gurtok! At the end i was very disappointed and from there on i never trusted a life henchmen XD

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
KI really needs to fix this problem because I imagine hundreds of people have done the exact same thing. It is not like we have crowns for eternity and the henchmen can't be bought with gold so KI PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this!

Explorer
Mar 19, 2009
This has happened to me before and I am also very upset. I bought the expensive lvl 50 one and it was a total waste, and I eneded up dying. I was fighting Malistaire too....... This problem is very upseting so, KI PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ FIX THIS!!!!!

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Hero
May 02, 2009
I've had the same problem. I summoned a couple when I was fighting the Coven in GH with my magus balance friend (I was my grand fire).

I was defeated, and thought that the life would heal me, but he didn't, and instead attacked the boss. He was defeated, but because I was defeated at the time, I was sent back to northguard.

But the Grand Life does heal, but it seems more frequent when he has low health when he'll use heals more frequently like unicorn.

So yeah, he could use an upgrade, but the master life is still my favorite henchman nonetheless.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
The Life henchmen does heal. I have used these a few times and have been healed by them. The lvl 50 Life heals with a saytre and unicorn,but it takes awhile for him to do so. The lvl40 will heal with a sprite. This is from my own experiences with them. * Tip : Use the henchmen at the very beginning of the battle and not when you are about to die.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
He needs to be set on mainly healing cause that is what most people would use him for. Another thing is that if you buy him in the beginning of a battle is you don't know if you will make it or not meaning if you will actually need the henchmen...

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
i fought the coven alone cause when all my friends are on they always ask fro my help then log off so i bought a life, myth, and ice henchman and the myth died then the ice and i was already dead so i was waiting for the life to heal me and he used satyr on himself that really ticked me off i thought life was supposed to heal?

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
The key to using your henchman most effectively is to hire him/her at the very beginning of the battle and to select a henchman that will benefit you the most in the battle (i.e. hire a death henchman if your opponent is life or balance).

If you wait till your almost dead to hire a henchman then you just waste your crowns. Also, depending on a henchman to save your butt is kind of like patching a hole in your roof with tissue paper. Your best bet is to either farm or buy some healing related treasure cards. I always carry a few healing cards, as well as a minion card or two ( got to love the mander minion), into my boss battles. I started MB 3 days ago and am 2 quests away from completing MB and going to MS, due in part to henchmen selection, deck setup and a few friends.

James Deathmancer - Lvl 31 Magus Necromancer

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Death66103 wrote:
The key to using your henchman most effectively is to hire him/her at the very beginning of the battle and to select a henchman that will benefit you the most in the battle (i.e. hire a death henchman if your opponent is life or balance).

If you wait till your almost dead to hire a henchman then you just waste your crowns. Also, depending on a henchman to save your butt is kind of like patching a hole in your roof with tissue paper. Your best bet is to either farm or buy some healing related treasure cards. I always carry a few healing cards, as well as a minion card or two ( got to love the mander minion), into my boss battles. I started MB 3 days ago and am 2 quests away from completing MB and going to MS, due in part to henchmen selection, deck setup and a few friends.

James Deathmancer - Lvl 31 Magus Necromancer

Posted this before but I will post it again, sometimes you don't know if you will need it so that really doesn't work...

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
I love the life henchman! I know how you guys feel and i have had this problem too with a few henchman but you gotta admit that having a lvl 50 henchman is very high lvl and is very cool. The life henchman practicly (sry for spelling) beat sunken city for me. Also instead of buying a henchman then buy some booster backs in the crwn shp in the top left corner and i gurantee you that a few minon packs will make your day especially if you get a few life ones. You can also find minon(sometimes they are out)treasure cards at the bazaar. My strategy is to summon a minion and then let them do the fighting while i focus on healing myself.

Wolf-lvl 15-Necromancer Secondary Life

Explorer
Nov 01, 2009
Ok where does it say in the rulebook that life's one and only purpose in the game is to save your bacon by healing you? The only reason why I would personally buy a life henchman is if I was going up against a really big death boss.

That was my biggest complaint with my life wizard was that all my friends wanted me to come along on all their big quest outtings but then I would stand around picking my nails until someone needing healing because they wouldn't let me attack. What do I look like, Nurse Judy?

All of the life henchmen have the same prime directive as all of the other henchmen do....Kill the enemy! You would think the life henchmen would really be a ripoff if all he or she did was stand around picking their nails until you needed healing. If you want someone that heals you in battle go to the bazzar and buy some life minion treasure cards, they have them there.

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
Fatherchaos wrote:
i fought the coven alone cause when all my friends are on they always ask fro my help then log off so i bought a life, myth, and ice henchman and the myth died then the ice and i was already dead so i was waiting for the life to heal me and he used satyr on himself that really ticked me off i thought life was supposed to heal?

For the main post, try doing the battle twice. If you lose the first time, you know you need henchmen. If you win... (it should be obvious) Put a mark outside the place where the boss is, so you can quickly come back and do it again.

Fatherchaos: The life minion DID heal, he just healed himself.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Delver
Jun 09, 2010
Rihanna12 wrote:
At least they can blade and shield you!

What level do you have to be to use Henchmen? I noted locks on all of them and I am a level 39.

Hero
May 19, 2009
noyeh wrote:
Rihanna12 wrote:

What level do you have to be to use Henchmen? I noted locks on all of them and I am a level 39.

If they have locks then either...
A. you dont have enough crowns
B. Your not in a fight(henchmen can only be bought during fights)

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
noyeh wrote:
Rihanna12 wrote:

You can use them at any level. You can only buy a henchman when you are actually in a duel. When it is your turn to select a card, click on the Crowns Shop tab and select it at that time. When you are finished selecting, you are returned to "card selection" again.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
I used a life henchman, and after 9 rounds, did not cast a single spell! He passed every turn! He had 7 pips, and 5 of them were power pips! Thank goodness I was able to defeat the baddies alone, but it was close. I will think twice before I use a life henchman again.

Rogan Firehammer

Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
ThePieMaster wrote:
Well I recently used a life henchman because I was about to die and I thought he could heal me. But no he didn't help me so I died and am very upset. KI make the life henchmen also heal because otherwise we end up waisting crowns on them thinking they will heal.
Hey, i have a question, when i hire a henchman, will he be in every battle, or only in the battle i hired him in please tell me