Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Feature: Dungeon Recall

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Ever wished you could just recall directly back to the dungeon you just left? Well now you can!

If you are defeated or teleported out of a dungeon that you were in alone, you now have the option to recall directly back to the start of that same dungeon. An icon will appear near your compass, and placing your mouse over that button will show you the Dungeon name, and a countdown timer showing how long you have before the Dungeon closes.

You will only see this icon when you have a currently recall-able dungeon available to you. If you are defeated or teleported out of a dungeon that you were exploring with other Wizards, you have the option to recall to the dungeon, but you will not see a timer. If your friends complete the dungeon without you, you will not be able to recall to the dungeon and will receive the message that the Dungeon has been completed.

If you return to an entry sigil of your currently active Dungeon, you will see the option to Resume your current dungeon. If you choose to Resume your dungeon, you will immediately be teleported and will not have to wait for the Sigil countdown. This will prevent players from resetting your dungeon progress by joining you on the Sigils.

If you choose not to Resume your current dungeon, you will start a new Dungeon and abandon all progress in your previous version. The following message will appear to confirm that you want to abandon your previous dungeon, and start a new one. This message will also appear if you are trying to enter a completely different dungeon.

See? Isn't that easier than running past all those pesky creatures?

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Feb 28, 2012
No more "Alone please" and getting cheesed off when somebody hops on the sigil at the last moment?
This will be very helpful!!

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
It's awesome if you're defeated but then get in a horrible mood (it's happened to me a few times ) because you have to do the tedious task of restarting ALL OVER AGAIN. Glad I can have that peace in mind now- thanks. :)

Melissa Smith
Magus Sorcerer
Honorary Engineer

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
This makes me so happy lol. For whenever I run back to Waterworks, it takes me forever to get from the Commons all the way back to Crab Alley. Thank you Kingsisle, making our game experience an easier one!

Miranda Starblood lvl 95
Sierra Skygem lvl 50

Cya around the spiral!

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Thank you so much for making the Dungeon Recall Feature available.

It allows players to quickly return to their team in battle

It disallows multiple players attempting to simultaneous enter the same dungeon

It eliminates the need for players to waste time explaining why they need to enter the dungeon alone

What an awesome player friendly feature

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
Thank you so much for this new feature Professor! Honestly, out of all the non-world updates you have done for as long as I've been playing, this is the best one yet. This really helps everyone who was in a dungeon! I would always have to tell a crowd of people around one entrance that I needed to go alone but they wouldn't listen. So my response was to back off the sigil at the last second to let those people who attempted to go in with me start their own dungeon while I went back to my own dungeon! This helps out tremendously with dungeons Central Keep and Banyon Tower in Khrysalis, Xibalba in Azteca, Ghost Avalon in Avalon, Queen Elisa's Tomb in Zafaria, Stormriven Temple in Celestia and Waterworks in Wizard City. Can't wait for K2!

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
Tylerwildpants on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:
Thank you so much for making the Dungeon Recall Feature available.

It allows players to quickly return to their team in battle

It disallows multiple players attempting to simultaneous enter the same dungeon

It eliminates the need for players to waste time explaining why they need to enter the dungeon alone

What an awesome player friendly feature
you can't return to a team in battle dungeon recall is for being alone and only alone

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
awesomebro362 on Mar 17, 2014 wrote:
you can't return to a team in battle dungeon recall is for being alone and only alone
Please look at the first post by Professor Greyrose. It clearly states that you can return to your team using recall.

"You will only see this icon when you have a currently recall-able dungeon available to you. If you are defeated or teleported out of a dungeon that you were exploring with other Wizards, you have the option to recall to the dungeon, but you will not see a timer. If your friends complete the dungeon without you, you will not be able to recall to the dungeon and will receive the message that the Dungeon has been completed."

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
I found a problem with this in Tartarus. It put me back into the start of the dungeon, but I could not get on the boat & cross the river, so I was in the instance with my friends, but couldn't get to them since they were in the last fight. It seems like this feature would be most needed for the last two fights, so that should be changed.

Otherwise so far so good and thanks for adding this.

Survivor
May 11, 2011
I was wondering what dungeons can't you use recall on without it being glitched winterbane everytime i try to go back it glitches and my team totally disappears and it returns them Grendles so what other dungeons will get glitched

-AaronStone

Survivor
Apr 23, 2012
I dont know what happened but i was in Winterbane and i had fled because I no health. I then joined the battle again but fled again because i needed mana. I tried to use the dungeon recall button but nothing was there. From the second i left the dungeon, I know , I didnt see once that recall button.I couldnt get back into the dungeon and I checked on the website to see what was going on and there was no help. Unfortunately, I didnt get back in the battle and never finished.

oh p.s. i was afk for sure less than 30 minutes.

Kelly IceHeart

Survivor
Mar 06, 2012
WOOOOO!!! Thank you SO SO much for adding this feature! You have no idea how awful it is to be at the end of a CRAZY HARD dungeon, and then you lose connection or get defeated! (ok, you probably do similar experiences) But, thank you so much, Professor! :D :D :D

-Abigail PixieHeart lvl 38 Theurgist