Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth Was Robbed.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 19, 2015
6
I've always felt strongly about this because I've had several myths. I feel like Myth has been robbed. We conjurers have been stripped from the thing that made us special. Let me explain...

Every school has something that makes them special. For Myth, it was minions. We've been given countless minions, but it's a no no. When you get to a high level, minions... who has time for them? Not even at a high level, more like a mid level. Who has the energy, patience, pips, the need for minions? We Myth people fight like EVERYONE else. We have to! You don't see a myth and say, "Yeah, they're going to cast a minion." No! We fight like everyone else, we don't use minions. A conjurer doesn't get in your fight, casts a minion, and says, "Sorry, that's just how we are, it's a habit, it's how we fight." Never. Myth isn't weak! We don't need them. Why have we been told (with spells) that our main focus should be our minions? We're given many spells to buff our minions, and for what? I know that a reason to give myth these minions is to stay true to chaos, and that myth can bring monsters into existence. But that was what made us special... and now what do we have?

No, what makes us special isn't our two hit spells. We have just two spells. The first one may become obsolete to some after a while, being a rank 5 and all. Fire! Fire DOT spells don't care about shields either! We're told we're special because shields ain't got nothing on us, but a fire most likely doesn't have to worry much when they see one either. "Oh got a shield? That's fine, my DOT attacks 4 times, so..."

"You got stuns" Higher levels bosses are immune. "You can get rid of shields and blades." This isn't PvP, monsters don't stack on blades or shields. Hmm, they don't even put shields at one point besides tower if ice.

Life can heal themselves and others to stay afloat. That's what makes them special.
Death can deal damage and heal with their steals to stay afloat. That's what makes them special.
Fire's DOT spells, when accumulated, deal quite a bit of damage. Fire isn't afraid of anyone, being right below Storm in damage, but doesn't have as many disadvantages that storm has. That's what makes them special.
Ice is given immense health to stay afloat. That's what makes them special.
Storm can do immense damage to kill fast. That's what makes them special.
Balance is a mix of all, with heals, good damage, and BUFFS. That's what makes them special.

And Myth... nothing anymore. We're so underrated, and our special has been taken from us.

I'm in no way saying that myth is the most under privileged school, because if I'm being honest, I think life is. But, like I keep saying, myth has nothing special anymore. Please don't tell me that if myth people gave minions a shot, we'd be well off. No. There is nobody that would waste 5-6 pips casting a minion rather than a hit spell, or a round blading their minion than themselves.

Myth has been robbed. Anyone agree?

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
103
Sage RoseFlame123 on Jul 31, 2018 wrote:
I've always felt strongly about this because I've had several myths. I feel like Myth has been robbed. We conjurers have been stripped from the thing that made us special. Let me explain...

Every school has something that makes them special. For Myth, it was minions. We've been given countless minions, but it's a no no. When you get to a high level, minions... who has time for them? Not even at a high level, more like a mid level. Who has the energy, patience, pips, the need for minions? We Myth people fight like EVERYONE else. We have to! You don't see a myth and say, "Yeah, they're going to cast a minion." No! We fight like everyone else, we don't use minions. A conjurer doesn't get in your fight, casts a minion, and says, "Sorry, that's just how we are, it's a habit, it's how we fight." Never. Myth isn't weak! We don't need them. Why have we been told (with spells) that our main focus should be our minions? We're given many spells to buff our minions, and for what? I know that a reason to give myth these minions is to stay true to chaos, and that myth can bring monsters into existence. But that was what made us special... and now what do we have?

No, what makes us special isn't our two hit spells. We have just two spells. The first one may become obsolete to some after a while, being a rank 5 and all. Fire! Fire DOT spells don't care about shields either! We're told we're special because shields ain't got nothing on us, but a fire most likely doesn't have to worry much when they see one either. "Oh got a shield? That's fine, my DOT attacks 4 times, so..."

"You got stuns" Higher levels bosses are immune. "You can get rid of shields and blades." This isn't PvP, monsters don't stack on blades or shields. Hmm, they don't even put shields at one point besides tower if ice.

Life can heal themselves and others to stay afloat. That's what makes them special.
Death can deal damage and heal with their steals to stay afloat. That's what makes them special.
Fire's DOT spells, when accumulated, deal quite a bit of damage. Fire isn't afraid of anyone, being right below Storm in damage, but doesn't have as many disadvantages that storm has. That's what makes them special.
Ice is given immense health to stay afloat. That's what makes them special.
Storm can do immense damage to kill fast. That's what makes them special.
Balance is a mix of all, with heals, good damage, and BUFFS. That's what makes them special.

And Myth... nothing anymore. We're so underrated, and our special has been taken from us.

I'm in no way saying that myth is the most under privileged school, because if I'm being honest, I think life is. But, like I keep saying, myth has nothing special anymore. Please don't tell me that if myth people gave minions a shot, we'd be well off. No. There is nobody that would waste 5-6 pips casting a minion rather than a hit spell, or a round blading their minion than themselves.

Myth has been robbed. Anyone agree?
I agree with this analysis. Minions, beyond level 30 or so, aren't useful at all anymore, especially if you're in a team. For example, my team is Storm, Myth, Life, and Ice (I am the Storm), and it's kinda sad to see that Ice is the main secondary attack instead of Myth. Either give Myth something special to keep them at pace with the others, or boost it's other things. Give it more two hit attacks if that's what you want. One thing I think Myth needs is a heal. Just one would do, really. Their health isn't too big, and their resist isn't that high either, so a healing spell for Myth would be good. Apollo would be a good spell, since he was the god of medicine in Greek Mythology. I disagree a bit that Life is the least privileged, because I think Myth deserves that title. Life alone, maybe? But in a team, Myth is nigh-useless. Give it more...essence, I'd say.

Cheyenne StormHunter
Level 114

Defender
Aug 01, 2014
126
EXACTLY! Myth needs new minions to stay afloat and compete with other schools! It can't do much after level 40-50 and 60+. Talos doesn't really last long. If kingsisle made some new spells or possibly secret trainers that give level 40, 65, 85, and 100 minions, it would really be useful. The closest thing we have is monstrology, but that does take a lot of time to summon a single minion.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2015
6
Alex Firepyre on Aug 2, 2018 wrote:
EXACTLY! Myth needs new minions to stay afloat and compete with other schools! It can't do much after level 40-50 and 60+. Talos doesn't really last long. If kingsisle made some new spells or possibly secret trainers that give level 40, 65, 85, and 100 minions, it would really be useful. The closest thing we have is monstrology, but that does take a lot of time to summon a single minion.
That wasn't actually the point I was trying to get across.

What I mean is that Myth people don't need minions at all. We've been told throughout our journey that minions should be our main priority, but in reality, minions don't play a big part in our adventures. They shouldn't, because they're not worth it. They aren't worth the pips, time, energy, rounds, spells, etc. We need something NEW to give us our special back. I'd say give us more 2-hit attacks, both single and to-all, not more minions. Minions are a burden to conjurers as we level up, and yet we're still told we should embrace them. It's a burden to have more minions, and spells to buff them, instead of giving us spells that would help ourselves. The only way I'd agree with you on having more minions is if we we're giving the ability to control our minions.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
49
Yeah, if you continue to give minions, whats the use in a full battle like the one above(Storm, Myth, Life, Ice). Where does the minion come in?
Should they shatter all the time?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1037
Sage RoseFlame123 on Jul 31, 2018 wrote:
I've always felt strongly about this because I've had several myths. I feel like Myth has been robbed. We conjurers have been stripped from the thing that made us special. Let me explain...

Every school has something that makes them special. For Myth, it was minions. We've been given countless minions, but it's a no no. When you get to a high level, minions... who has time for them? Not even at a high level, more like a mid level. Who has the energy, patience, pips, the need for minions? We Myth people fight like EVERYONE else. We have to! You don't see a myth and say, "Yeah, they're going to cast a minion." No! We fight like everyone else, we don't use minions. A conjurer doesn't get in your fight, casts a minion, and says, "Sorry, that's just how we are, it's a habit, it's how we fight." Never. Myth isn't weak! We don't need them. Why have we been told (with spells) that our main focus should be our minions? We're given many spells to buff our minions, and for what? I know that a reason to give myth these minions is to stay true to chaos, and that myth can bring monsters into existence. But that was what made us special... and now what do we have?

No, what makes us special isn't our two hit spells. We have just two spells. The first one may become obsolete to some after a while, being a rank 5 and all. Fire! Fire DOT spells don't care about shields either! We're told we're special because shields ain't got nothing on us, but a fire most likely doesn't have to worry much when they see one either. "Oh got a shield? That's fine, my DOT attacks 4 times, so..."

"You got stuns" Higher levels bosses are immune. "You can get rid of shields and blades." This isn't PvP, monsters don't stack on blades or shields. Hmm, they don't even put shields at one point besides tower if ice.

Life can heal themselves and others to stay afloat. That's what makes them special.
Death can deal damage and heal with their steals to stay afloat. That's what makes them special.
Fire's DOT spells, when accumulated, deal quite a bit of damage. Fire isn't afraid of anyone, being right below Storm in damage, but doesn't have as many disadvantages that storm has. That's what makes them special.
Ice is given immense health to stay afloat. That's what makes them special.
Storm can do immense damage to kill fast. That's what makes them special.
Balance is a mix of all, with heals, good damage, and BUFFS. That's what makes them special.

And Myth... nothing anymore. We're so underrated, and our special has been taken from us.

I'm in no way saying that myth is the most under privileged school, because if I'm being honest, I think life is. But, like I keep saying, myth has nothing special anymore. Please don't tell me that if myth people gave minions a shot, we'd be well off. No. There is nobody that would waste 5-6 pips casting a minion rather than a hit spell, or a round blading their minion than themselves.

Myth has been robbed. Anyone agree?
I agree!

Survivor
May 25, 2009
9
I kind of feel that right now, Myth has nothing special for PvE. I mean Medusa is good for PvP, but bosses are immune to stuns. Would help if Myth had an AoE stun, but Ice and Storm have those already.

They are good with monstrology, but that's not unique to Myth. Minions tend more to be a liability anyway as you have no control over the AI.

When Wizard101 first came out, they were the AoE Class With Frog and Earthquake. Now every class has an AoE or two, and better than Myth's newer ones.

So, what can be done to give Myth a more unique identity and more use in PvE? Honestly, i'd say retool Earthquake and colossus so that they remove shields BEFORE attacking. This would make Myth better against bosses that spam protections.

Aside from that, i am not sure what else you can do other than maybe some kind of big spell that takes place over multiple turns. Like maybe King Gobbler, which on the first turn he's summoned, sucks up all the shields on the enemy team. On the second turn after it's summoned, horks up the shields and randomly re-distributes them among your team. And on the third, he does some AoE attack and leaves.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2226
a few replies:

They are good with monstrology, but that's not unique to Myth. Minions tend more to be a liability anyway as you have no control over the AI.

While it is true that Myth does not have control over the minions/monstrology/henchmen they summon, I, and others, have stated that Myth should be able to control what spells minions/henchmen cast.

Myth has an advantage in that they can use power pips to summon the monsters AND, can have up to three Monstrological Minions active in a Duel at once, this makes it MUCH easier to Myth to solo those solo only fights. A GREAT place to do Monstrology is the second fight in Mirror Lake. With one AoE spell, you get animus from 4 monsters at the same time. I know I've done a lot of fights there for animus and while I dont have a HUGE stockpile yet, I will, because my Myth can easily solo that fight.

No, what makes us special isn't our two hit spells. We have just two spells.

It would be nice if more of Myth's spells were double hit and we had traps to cover it. So like a Trap that was 70% on the first hit and 20% on the second hit so it would boost the WHOLE spell, not the first. Obviously I took the Feint %'s and used that as an example.

I'd say give us more 2-hit attacks, both single and to-all

That would be AWESOME! Just as long as both hits hit all enemies at the same time. Otherwise, it will take a LONG time to do. So some animation that is sweeping and hits them all would take as long as a single target double tap spell does now.

I have more to say, but will need another post for this one as it is a lot of information.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
63
Sage RoseFlame123 on Jul 31, 2018 wrote:
I've always felt strongly about this because I've had several myths. I feel like Myth has been robbed. We conjurers have been stripped from the thing that made us special. Let me explain...

Every school has something that makes them special. For Myth, it was minions. We've been given countless minions, but it's a no no. When you get to a high level, minions... who has time for them? Not even at a high level, more like a mid level. Who has the energy, patience, pips, the need for minions? We Myth people fight like EVERYONE else. We have to! You don't see a myth and say, "Yeah, they're going to cast a minion." No! We fight like everyone else, we don't use minions. A conjurer doesn't get in your fight, casts a minion, and says, "Sorry, that's just how we are, it's a habit, it's how we fight." Never. Myth isn't weak! We don't need them. Why have we been told (with spells) that our main focus should be our minions? We're given many spells to buff our minions, and for what? I know that a reason to give myth these minions is to stay true to chaos, and that myth can bring monsters into existence. But that was what made us special... and now what do we have?

No, what makes us special isn't our two hit spells. We have just two spells. The first one may become obsolete to some after a while, being a rank 5 and all. Fire! Fire DOT spells don't care about shields either! We're told we're special because shields ain't got nothing on us, but a fire most likely doesn't have to worry much when they see one either. "Oh got a shield? That's fine, my DOT attacks 4 times, so..."

"You got stuns" Higher levels bosses are immune. "You can get rid of shields and blades." This isn't PvP, monsters don't stack on blades or shields. Hmm, they don't even put shields at one point besides tower if ice.

Life can heal themselves and others to stay afloat. That's what makes them special.
Death can deal damage and heal with their steals to stay afloat. That's what makes them special.
Fire's DOT spells, when accumulated, deal quite a bit of damage. Fire isn't afraid of anyone, being right below Storm in damage, but doesn't have as many disadvantages that storm has. That's what makes them special.
Ice is given immense health to stay afloat. That's what makes them special.
Storm can do immense damage to kill fast. That's what makes them special.
Balance is a mix of all, with heals, good damage, and BUFFS. That's what makes them special.

And Myth... nothing anymore. We're so underrated, and our special has been taken from us.

I'm in no way saying that myth is the most under privileged school, because if I'm being honest, I think life is. But, like I keep saying, myth has nothing special anymore. Please don't tell me that if myth people gave minions a shot, we'd be well off. No. There is nobody that would waste 5-6 pips casting a minion rather than a hit spell, or a round blading their minion than themselves.

Myth has been robbed. Anyone agree?
Ok, I completely agree with this post. My main wizard used to be a myth, but since I'm a solo player, I swapped to storm to hit hard. We are told that Myth's specialty is to summon minions to aid them in combat, but like you said, minions become a liability late game. They're very good early game because you have no other good spells, but later in the game, they become a liability. I honestly think that Myth wizards should have the ability to control the spells that their minions cast. Either that or Kingsisle really needs to rework the minions into playing a bit smarter. I don't summon minions because they just waste Feints and trigger boss cheats. The only good minions that are actually worth summoning are the Sprite Guardian (for the heal spams), the Ice Colossus (aggressive attacking minion), or the Balance Mander Minion (for the extra utility). I don't understand why Myth keeps getting so many minions if we're never going to use them. Talos dies easily and while Vassanji looks cool, he's not that great either and isn't worth the pip cost to summon. All in all, Myth's specialty of minion summoning falls off late game and it's kind of sad because I love summoning monsters to aid me in combat, but I hate them wasting my Feints and triggering boss cheats.

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Level 72 Diviner)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2226
crimsonreaper5 on Aug 13, 2018 wrote:
Ok, I completely agree with this post. My main wizard used to be a myth, but since I'm a solo player, I swapped to storm to hit hard. We are told that Myth's specialty is to summon minions to aid them in combat, but like you said, minions become a liability late game. They're very good early game because you have no other good spells, but later in the game, they become a liability. I honestly think that Myth wizards should have the ability to control the spells that their minions cast. Either that or Kingsisle really needs to rework the minions into playing a bit smarter. I don't summon minions because they just waste Feints and trigger boss cheats. The only good minions that are actually worth summoning are the Sprite Guardian (for the heal spams), the Ice Colossus (aggressive attacking minion), or the Balance Mander Minion (for the extra utility). I don't understand why Myth keeps getting so many minions if we're never going to use them. Talos dies easily and while Vassanji looks cool, he's not that great either and isn't worth the pip cost to summon. All in all, Myth's specialty of minion summoning falls off late game and it's kind of sad because I love summoning monsters to aid me in combat, but I hate them wasting my Feints and triggering boss cheats.

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Level 72 Diviner)
Monstrology can fix this issue with minions (in PvE). In my example above, farming Mirror lake, you can get an Elephant Spectral Minion, which costs 2 pips (which we can use power pips for), is a rank 11 monster with 9,240 HP and a nice selection of offensive spells. You will NOT have it's cheat of the 90% shield (because you dont get the cheats, but you do get everything else). This will NOT help with the cheat triggering or feint using, but it is definitely a vast improvement over regular minions. I was hesitant to start this aspect of myth's abilities, but once I did, I found it can be a huge help.

Defender
Aug 01, 2014
126
dayerider on Aug 19, 2018 wrote:
Monstrology can fix this issue with minions (in PvE). In my example above, farming Mirror lake, you can get an Elephant Spectral Minion, which costs 2 pips (which we can use power pips for), is a rank 11 monster with 9,240 HP and a nice selection of offensive spells. You will NOT have it's cheat of the 90% shield (because you dont get the cheats, but you do get everything else). This will NOT help with the cheat triggering or feint using, but it is definitely a vast improvement over regular minions. I was hesitant to start this aspect of myth's abilities, but once I did, I found it can be a huge help.
the problem here is the time it takes to summon just one monstrology minion. Unless you spend crowns on a triple animus elixir, it's gonna take a while. It's not really worth it imo.

Survivor
May 13, 2018
46
Wow that is quite the analysis. And you do have a lot of excellent points.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2226
Alex Firepyre on Sep 1, 2018 wrote:
the problem here is the time it takes to summon just one monstrology minion. Unless you spend crowns on a triple animus elixir, it's gonna take a while. It's not really worth it imo.
I think you're confusing that with farming for the animus. Once you create the TC, the cost is ONLY 2 pips (1 power pip for Myth wizards). It's like anything else with the game, if you CHOOSE to farm for it or not, that's your choice. For ME, it doesnt make sense other than for myth since you can have 3 monsters with you in a fight (other schools can only have 1 iirc)

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
221
I created my very first Myth Wiz awhile ago (Patrick Myth Tamer)
I agree with everything the original commentator made.
Currently I am stuck in the So
lar Arc because I simply CANNOT beat the Shadow Boss and Morgathe's minion in a solo fight.
I've been waiting two weeks to find someone to team up ( A little difficult as I live in Australia and the time diff is a major prob).
Minions are almost useless at higher levels but KI insists on giving us more of the same. Witch's House call summons a minion but that is useless if the dueling circle is full.
Likewise, I was upset that the Proffesor pack wand for myth had summon Visanji as it's may cast spell, again a totally useless maycast if the circle is full.Our maycast should had been earthquake or something similar.
Our most useful spell (well for me atm) is mythic collosus.
We could really do with another major damage spell or even a heal like Fire's power link.
We should be getting new spells soon, I hope KI gives Myth something great.