Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth spells.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 29, 2013
I understand the Myth spells are Mythological , however the power by which some spells are casted seem to be off just a bit. Say for example the Cyclopes and Myth frog spells, ones a three and the other a four, looking at the power of hit by Cyclopes is the same as the Frogs. No way should these two myth spells be the same. Also, when using a prism on myth double hit spells, it seems to be weaker on the back ax swing. Shouldn't the hit be on prism both forwards and backwards. this is on the myth five pip card as well as with any multiple hit spell. I would like to have the zero myth minion have a high degree of attack spell not just myth bat or storm snake, but be able to use or set a prism or protection shield. , Could a Grubb spell be added to the arsel given by Drake as quest instead of going after "leaves".

Survivor
Dec 08, 2011
bigchad41 on Jul 31, 2015 wrote:
I understand the Myth spells are Mythological , however the power by which some spells are casted seem to be off just a bit. Say for example the Cyclopes and Myth frog spells, ones a three and the other a four, looking at the power of hit by Cyclopes is the same as the Frogs. No way should these two myth spells be the same. Also, when using a prism on myth double hit spells, it seems to be weaker on the back ax swing. Shouldn't the hit be on prism both forwards and backwards. this is on the myth five pip card as well as with any multiple hit spell. I would like to have the zero myth minion have a high degree of attack spell not just myth bat or storm snake, but be able to use or set a prism or protection shield. , Could a Grubb spell be added to the arsel given by Drake as quest instead of going after "leaves".
1) Although the hit power of Cyclops is the same as Froggy, Froggy hits all enemies while Cyclops is a single enemy attack.
Eg:
You are facing three enemies and use a cyclops on one. It deals 325 damage to one opponent.
Total damage = 325
You are in the same situation, but cast Froggy instead. Froggy deals 325 damage to all of the opponents.
Total damage= (325x3) = 975

2) One of the key strategies of Myth is removing shields from the opponent. If you cast a Minotaur on a shielded opponent, the first strike will set off the shield and deal little damage, while the second blow will deal full damage. A downside to the 'old one-two' is that traps and prisms go off on the first blow. It is a sacrifice that has to be made /:
PS: Blades affect both attacks

3) The first myth minion is that weak because it is the first myth minion. It isn't designed to use traps, prisms, or blades. Just to take a bit of pressure off you and put more damage on the enemy.

Hope this helps :D

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
For myth double hits you need to double trap/prism.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2015
The reason frog is the same strength as cyclops is because frog attacks all and attack all are weaker than one hits

Survivor
Mar 16, 2013
That is how it works for all schools with a standard "all enemy attack spell". The rank 3 spell will either do the same damage as the rank 4 "all enemy attack" spell or about the same damage as the rank 4 "all enemy attack" spell. It works out though cause enemy's often use these types of spells. This way they use a extra pip but don't get extra damage making it easier for us wizards.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Humungofrog = 4 pips, does up to 325 damage to all, L33 spell
Cyclopse = 3 pips, does up to 325 damage to one, L10 spell

I feel it's a fair amount of damage given spell pips and levels

The reason why prism does not work on the backswing, is because it's a second attack, so you need TWO prisms. It's the same way with traps. The DOWN side to the double tap spells is you need to set up twice as many traps to really be effective. Im high enough (L62) to not have to use the doubletap spells, but they totally have a use.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Frog is an attack all spell, and cyclops is only a single attack. That does make the frog more powerful because it hits all the enemies for the amount listed while the cyclops only hits one enemy.

When using prisms with double hits, you have to use two prisms. One for the first hit and one for the second. Because of this, it is often better not to use the double hit spells when fighting same school enemies.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Did you know Humongofrog hits all enemies? In contrast, Cyclops hits only one. The damage makes complete sense. As for the prism thing, I have no idea what the heck you're talking about. Forwards and backwards? What? The 0-pip minion's power should not change, because it is, after all, zero pips, and it's acquired fairly early.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
Humungofrog is an attack-all spell, while Cyclops is merely single target, so while their base damage, and Pip cost differ, Humungofrog still does more damage overall. Once you are fighting in Colossus Blvd. you will face 2 or more enemies at a time up through end of the game, and you will have little use for Cyclops, after you are eligible to learn Humungofrog.

Leveling bring more Training Points to learn enhancement spells, outside of Myth, and increase the damage of All your Myth school attack spells.

Prisms, like Traps, and ONLY affect ONE hit on one target. Myth's two-hit spells, such as Minotaur, would require two Prisms placed for maximum damage effects.

A zero Pip cost Minion does not need to have a large spell arsenal, as your enemies at the lower levels are easily dispatched with the spells you are already able to cast. Due to the fact that low level wizards have shallow health pools, I do agree with you that it would be nice if your Minion could cast a protection shield to lower your incoming damage.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
You need two prisms to make any difference with the Minotaur spell (and others like it), same as you need two traps on the enemy to boost that way. That's how those spells work. It won't change.

Froggie is 4 pips because it does damage to all, Cyclops is only a one mob hit. That's the difference. And again, it's fair.

Explorer
May 08, 2010
dayerider on Aug 1, 2015 wrote:
Humungofrog = 4 pips, does up to 325 damage to all, L33 spell
Cyclopse = 3 pips, does up to 325 damage to one, L10 spell

I feel it's a fair amount of damage given spell pips and levels

The reason why prism does not work on the backswing, is because it's a second attack, so you need TWO prisms. It's the same way with traps. The DOWN side to the double tap spells is you need to set up twice as many traps to really be effective. Im high enough (L62) to not have to use the doubletap spells, but they totally have a use.
Humungofrog is a level 22 spell, Minotaur is the level 33

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
witchdoctor of awe... on Aug 10, 2015 wrote:
Humungofrog is a level 22 spell, Minotaur is the level 33
that's what i get for not proofreading :) thanks