Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mega Snack Pack, It's time to lower the price

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 25, 2010
59
Seriously at 2500 crowns I don't even consider buying them. I would much rather grind on the 4 boring games we have then to spend THAT much on Mega Snack packs.

I mean sure SOME people buy them, but hey lets look at this from a marketing point of view. Your are selling more of those RiG (Random Item Generator) packs for 399 then you are for 2500 on the mega snack packs.

Your 4 games are VERY boring. I have been playing them for nearly 2 years to level up my pets. If you made the price affordable (399 like the rest of your packs), I would buy a TON as would alot of other hatchers who I'm sure don't buy it on shock value alone. ($5 a pack? O_O)

Or if your going to keep it that price then at least offer me more snacks. I can't even get a pet from teen to adult with ONE pack.

Oh and please add more games and ways to level up our pets!

Thank you!

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
716
Since that was the price of Mega Snack packs for years, I assume that enough people must be buying them for KI to actually keep them as they are.

I think I will agree, though. If those mega snack packs were worth only 399, or maybe just 1,000, they would sell faster than hot cakes, probably making KI more money, which they want.

Then again, pets would be trained a lot faster ... and players would stop spending crowns a lot sooner. So... I think thats why they keep it as it is.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
329
Squire
Mar 07, 2011
520
Seriously at 2500 crowns I don't even consider buying them.
If you want the most crown efficient way to get mega snacks you should garden them.

I have 12 Couch Potatoes in one garden, and 25 Evil Magma Peas in a second garden.

For about 50,000 crowns you can enjoy an endless supply of mega snacks for the rest of your time in The Spiral. You'll have so many mega snacks that you will never feed your pets anything less than a Level 8 snack!

Explorer
Dec 25, 2010
59
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Then again, pets would be trained a lot faster ... and players would stop spending crowns a lot sooner. So... I think thats why they keep it as it is.


I am a daily hatcher. All I do is farm and hatch twice a day. So I never can level up fast enough. I think the 2500 price was made back in the day when people only leveled ONE pet to get it to epic.

Now with all the pets and spells, it really needs a price change for all the people that enjoy hatching every day.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
SoarinOC wrote:
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Then again, pets would be trained a lot faster ... and players would stop spending crowns a lot sooner. So... I think thats why they keep it as it is.


I am a daily hatcher. All I do is farm and hatch twice a day. So I never can level up fast enough. I think the 2500 price was made back in the day when people only leveled ONE pet to get it to epic.

Now with all the pets and spells, it really needs a price change for all the people that enjoy hatching every day.


Actually, they have made ways for people to train pets.

Evil Magma Peas are the best plant for mega snacks. You get 37 of these and you will never go wrong.

For those that don't spend crowns, keep planting Prickly Cactus Bears.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
87
Especially with the talents that are in crown and pack bought pets. All pets really. Who wants to drop all those crowns on snack packs to keep leveling pets that open selfish or mana or health talents on a level 60 plus pet that cost around 15k crowns or a 40.00 pack. Maybe if the talents were all good no selfish etc then I could see paying that for packs but the way it is now NO....

Another thing I don't agree with is the moving pets from bank taking all your energy. I always feel like I'm being cheated when I transfer over a pet. Because if you are switching to level it then they just got you to buy energy elixir or wait for hours.

Defender
May 17, 2011
180
yep, that price should go down. i garden crowns plants. 1 couch potato, like, 20 ninja fruit bushes, and some bread bushes. mega snacks for me! :)

Defender
May 29, 2011
134
You know, if you dont wanna buy mega snack packs you could just garden them with prickly bears. I have 40 prickly bears and get 1-4 mega snavks a day. The trick is the plant them at different times, cause you wont have enough energy to garden them all at once.

But, i still think mega snack packs should be like 2000 crowns.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
500 Crowns seems like a reasonable price for mega snacks that give you a CHANCE of a good talent. If they cost 500 crowns, I am almost certain KI would get more profit out of them as well!

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
716
Heather824 wrote:
Especially with the talents that are in crown and pack bought pets. All pets really. Who wants to drop all those crowns on snack packs to keep leveling pets that open selfish or mana or health talents on a level 60 plus pet that cost around 15k crowns or a 40.00 pack. Maybe if the talents were all good no selfish etc then I could see paying that for packs but the way it is now NO....

Another thing I don't agree with is the moving pets from bank taking all your energy. I always feel like I'm being cheated when I transfer over a pet. Because if you are switching to level it then they just got you to buy energy elixir or wait for hours.


Most undoubtedly, the reason for energy dumps withdrawing pets from banks is to prevent 'chain training.' KI wants people to spend crowns if people are out of energy, or wait a full day.

6x80. That is a maximum of 480 energy that people could spend training a single pet, if people were able to do so.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
87
the cost of energy the cost of actually feeding snacks cost energy playing games cost energy. So I doubt they will lose much no taking energy when you transfer pets.. Especially when most pets you level are duds....,..

Survivor
Apr 27, 2010
6
Thanks for thoughts on this; i agree, price is too high. Please please lower, at least to $1500. It would increase sales and make pets more FUN!

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
225
People want there cake and eat it too . The price is fine. Wow leave the game the way it is. Try doing WW and ML more for Mega Pet Snacks if you need them that bad. You all are not thinking about what all comes in the pack you get a lot of them for 2500 I think that is cheap as it is.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
213
redmist01 wrote:
People want there cake and eat it too . The price is fine. Wow leave the game the way it is. Try doing WW and ML more for Mega Pet Snacks if you need them that bad. You all are not thinking about what all comes in the pack you get a lot of them for 2500 I think that is cheap as it is.


I agree here although 7 snacks in a pack isn't alot but like everyone else says Plant plant plant

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
323
Evil Magma peas and you will be stuffed to the gills with Mega snacks.
As a bonus, you also get pierce, cleanse charm, and feint TCs.

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
225
dragonpower333 wrote:
redmist01 wrote:
People want there cake and eat it too . The price is fine. Wow leave the game the way it is. Try doing WW and ML more for Mega Pet Snacks if you need them that bad. You all are not thinking about what all comes in the pack you get a lot of them for 2500 I think that is cheap as it is.


I agree here although 7 snacks in a pack isn't alot but like everyone else says Plant plant plant


yeah i just was watching some videos on youtube about the evil magma peas thinking about buying 10 of them to start and see what happens :) thanks dragonpower333 and pods1973 for the input