Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life:Rainbows and Unicorns

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
I was there before KI first put up their 1,000,000 player fountain in MA's courtyard and i was there when KI took it down and put the new fountain in the middle of the stream in the commons. I was there BEFORE castalia when there was only ds. I am a level 40 life wizard. Infact I just earned level 40 like a month ago and still am level 40. Life wizards have so many DISADVANTAGES. Sure we can heal with rainbows and unicorns but you know what KI where's our big power spells? We have centar and seraph thats all. You need to make a spell that overpowers all the other schools to make it up to us. I once, when i was level 36, was defeated in pvp by a level 9 wizard. Level 9. That proves we need more power spells when we are fighting monsters alone with none of our friends to help us. Please do not continue life with just rainbows and unicorns. We want to be the ones winning battles for our friends not just being helped or helping with healing. Life wizards need to be let to speak up. We are wizards too right?Comment if you agree or if you disagree.
Grace F.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
bushbaby123 wrote:
I was there before KI first put up their 1,000,000 player fountain in MA's courtyard and i was there when KI took it down and put the new fountain in the middle of the stream in the commons. I was there BEFORE castalia when there was only ds. I am a level 40 life wizard. Infact I just earned level 40 like a month ago and still am level 40. Life wizards have so many DISADVANTAGES. Sure we can heal with rainbows and unicorns but you know what KI where's our big power spells? We have centar and seraph thats all. You need to make a spell that overpowers all the other schools to make it up to us. I once, when i was level 36, was defeated in pvp by a level 9 wizard. Level 9. That proves we need more power spells when we are fighting monsters alone with none of our friends to help us. Please do not continue life with just rainbows and unicorns. We want to be the ones winning battles for our friends not just being helped or helping with healing. Life wizards need to be let to speak up. We are wizards too right?Comment if you agree or if you disagree.
Grace F.
I know what your saying but I don't really agree. If you don't like the way being a life wizard is you should create a new wizard. And just wait until you get your level 48 spell, the centaur has more hit points then some of the other schools. This topic has been talked about SOOOOO many times. Maybe you should read what some of the other columns say. If I remember correctly Proffesor Greyrose has responded to some of them with some of the explanations as to life wizards.

Hope this helped, :-)
Courtney GreenThistle (lvl. 53 Grandmaster Thaumaturge)

Explorer
Aug 20, 2009
I've been around just as long as you have, so I can see where you're coming from. Life gets its big hitting spells in the higher levels. At lvl 48, you get Rebirth which heals all friends and adds an absorb. Level 58 grants you Forest Lord which hits 540-620 to all enemies. Pretty cool, huh? Finally, level 68 will give you Gnomest, which does 780-880 and dispels next 2 outgoing life spells for one enemy. I know life doesn't have many big hitters, but that's the point of the life school. Storm is meant to hit and you guys are meant to heal. It encourages cooperation. Don't worry though. Your higher-level spells really make up for it.

- Valerian DarkBringer- Legendary Necromancer
- Thomas DragonCaster- Master Theurgist
- Galen FrostFlame- Adept Thaumaturge

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
Don't judge Life just yet. You have quite a way to go. You said you are level 40.. I have a Life Legend (level 60) and I had quite a few problems as well.

Stick with it. Ask for help if you need it. Minions and Henchmen (not so much anymore :? ) are great helpers.

You have yet to get your "heavy hitter" spells... Believe me, you won't have this complaint again if you keep moving in the questline.

Hope to see you in the Spiral..

Historian
May 01, 2010
bushbaby123 wrote:
Grace F.

I would create a new school and second life, it seems like it is the better choice for you. Also, to me, we are (ice wizards plz dont hunt me down) but one of the best, if not the best, wizards of survival, saying we can heal ourselves and others almost at will. And in that way, thats our spell that overpowers all the other school. Oh yea, if an apprentice can beat a magus, then I dont think its the spells that need ramping up, its the wizard; a level nine can have what, five treasure cards? And about 14-18 spells, right? So how hard would it be for someone that has centuar, more health, more spell capacity, more access to treasures, pets etc. to win against them? BTW our power spell is at level 68; Gnomes! it does as much as efreet, and adds 2 life dispels.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2010
bushbaby123 wrote:
Grace F.

Clearly you don't understand that every school has it's advantages and disadvantages. Life is a school of healing, and everlasting. Life students depend on their healing spells to survive in battle, as they use multiple spells or boosts to defeat the enemy, along with their high health. That is the pro of Life. If you had strong attacks AND amazing healing, combined, that would be very unfair for other wizards.

Take a Storm wizard for example. Sure they have amazing attack spells and hits, but have you seen their health and accuracy? It's low, so they can't survive in battle long. Their only way to survive is a quick kill and get out. Life wizards can stay in battle for a while, keeping up health level with healing. All schools are made this way, with and advantages and disadvantages. Also, later on, you get the Forest Lord spell, so good attack and strong healing! If you don't like the way the Life school is made, find a way to like it, or find another school to be. Problem solved for you.

Sorry if I sound mean through this, just trying to explain everything. I'get had a busy and fustrating day too, so I ain't too cheery.

Bejamin Frostblood, Lucas Frostblood
Level 54 Diviner and Theurgist
Celestia

" You try, you fail. You try, you fail. You try, you fail. True failure comes when you stop trying."

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
I find this quite amusing (no offence, but especially as you titled life as "Unicorns and Rainbows". Life is not about big attacks and damage (that's storms department). No, Life is about healing and doing damage on the side. Yes life takes a long time to master, it requires patience, not like storm or fire who just use one blade and be done.
Also if you look at the other school's pro's and con's, it pretty much balances it out. If a school does big damage (in this case storm), it will have lower health and defense. Ice on the other hand, may have some weak attacks but have the best defense and health in the playing field, therefor lasting longer in pvp and pve. Why do think there's so many ice warlords?

Honestly, if you want big damage, either storm or fire is your best pick.

Cheyenne PixieSinger (Level 62 Theurigist)

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
bushbaby123 wrote:
Grace F.

the newest life spell is out and when ya get it you can stop spritely in its track and any other healing spell along with a really giant base damage

and life has more ways to boost there attack then any other school

true its a rough path but worth it

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
I agree! All Life Wizards really do is heal other wizards! We can only slowly take down enemies and heal other wizards. When fighting Malistare, a Theurgist does come in handy.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2011
flyrahie wrote:
bushbaby123 wrote:
Grace F.

Clearly you don't understand that every school has it's advantages and disadvantages. Life is a school of healing, and everlasting. Life students depend on their healing spells to survive in battle, as they use multiple spells or boosts to defeat the enemy, along with their high health. That is the pro of Life. If you had strong attacks AND amazing healing, combined, that would be very unfair for other wizards.

Take a Storm wizard for example. Sure they have amazing attack spells and hits, but have you seen their health and accuracy? It's low, so they can't survive in battle long. Their only way to survive is a quick kill and get out. Life wizards can stay in battle for a while, keeping up health level with healing. All schools are made this way, with and advantages and disadvantages. Also, later on, you get the Forest Lord spell, so good attack and strong healing! If you don't like the way the Life school is made, find a way to like it, or find another school to be. Problem solved for you.

Sorry if I sound mean through this, just trying to explain everything. I'get had a busy and fustrating day too, so I ain't too cheery.

Bejamin Frostblood, Lucas Frostblood
Level 54 Diviner and Theurgist
Celestia

" You try, you fail. You try, you fail. You try, you fail. True failure comes when you stop trying."

I am just thinking now storm has such a high accuarcy boost thet thier accuaracy almost = a life's accuaracy, which makes their only problem health really. But still most of th schools are vaugley balanced.

Champion
May 03, 2011
I have a level 44 Life in DS, and I find that the school is actually more effective than I feared. I trained Death up to Wraith, and have a Death Mastery Amulet. My pet heals a lot, also. But the main thing that has helped me is the Feint spell. I use it all the time to boost the damage on my Centaur and Seraph. My life wiz is the only one who has a "second school"--the others have trained a few different spells from several--and I find it really helps.

Tabitha

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
I am a level 61 Life wizard and i kick butt! Lord is very powerful when used with shields and traps. I have no problem battling on my own (in fact I prefer it.) I can even handle a rank 10 boss on my own. Of course a rank 10 life boss is difficult but just load up on death treasure cards. Don't be discouraged! Being a life wizard IS more than rainbows and unicorns!

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
bushbaby123

SO READ ALL.

Honestly you are right and allot of other on this board are wrong, though we may be the minority. I bet this is because they do not have a life character. I however have 4 character.

So let me explain something to the rest of you all.

Life has the worst of attacks at the early part. I understand this completely cause we never fiz its 90% chance and we have healing others do not and life serves a purpose. We can fight and heal.

Our best card we receive at lvl 33 is centaur. (before updates) Yes I admit that it is higher than other schools on face value, that is true. But when you add in attack strength based on the clothing people wear its really not close. Then when you hit lvl 42 every other schools receives an attack card that is stronger and all life receives is a bubble card. Then we only get rebirth at lvl 48 when other schools are getting amazing hitting card Dots and Aoes. Which isn't fair. They definitely received the worst pet out of all the lvl 48 pets which a is satyr that gives a satyr they learn at lvl 24. So after updates we must travel through 2 worlds wt and cl before we receive a new card forest lord. So we go 25 levels without an attack card.

I am usually not a complainer but I do see some things life has to complain about.

You try doing it with a life. It gets very hard and very complicated trying to kill creatures with centaur as you move up and healing. It gets to be if you do not have help the average fight is 10 min as the creatures get harder. When your doing quests some quests take 50 min alone solo.

So remember earlier when I said it was alright we got a lower hitting card because we did not fiz? Look at storm now! They have a 25 % accuracy boost which make their card 95% (70+25= 90) (higher than life who does not receive an accuracy boost) and storm have the highest hitting cards? With a boost of well over 70% closer to 80-90 %. Life at best is 60%. Storm typically has more universal resist also which makes no since. Life typically receives more heal and shielding throughout the game but in key updates we do not.

Plus there is almost no need for life's anymore. Every school can heal like life 40%+ boost in healing and they can use the life amulet to use power pips. And the lifeforce blade does not benefit life. People use a wand of a different school on purpose so they do not wand off traps and blades.

I mean as you can see life gets the raw end of the deal allot and I hope it will get better as a few more worlds are added. I would like people to respond back and tell me how life is treated is justified based on reasoning. I fail to see it and I have 4 accounts all lvl 60+ and I can say I have thought about it and know from experience and even I am in questions.

So In the future I hope KI takes this into consideration and adds some things for life students as well.

Blake NightWraith

Explorer
Jun 23, 2011
Oh, come on now! You aren't seeing this in the positive way.
You're right, we don't have very good attack spells.
But we can make them better. I once cast a centaur, and with enough side advantages, it did 4000 damage.

I personally think Life is the best.
We have a 40% blade.
We have a 90% target.
We have healing.
I have noticed that Death doesn't play Life shields.
WE BOOST ON MALISTAIRE.

Smile and have fun using rainbows and unicorns! :-)

Christina Earthleaf Level 48 Master Theurgist
Almost to be Grandmaster! :D

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
grvy123 wrote:

the newest life spell is out and when ya get it you can stop spritely in its track and any other healing spell along with a really giant base damage

and life has more ways to boost there attack then any other school

true its a rough path but worth it

Not ANY other healing spell, just life healing spells. My balance mage has an outbound healing boost around 40%, and a high crit rating. Combine that with Availing Hands, and you can push quite a bit of healing, and by quite a bit i mean out healing a sayter every time the dot ticks

Now back to the topic at hand. The life wizard is the least solo friendly class in the game. That being the case, as a life mage you have two options.

One: make lots of friends and work in groups to clear your way through the story line, and level.

Two: Choose a secondary school with high damage attacks, storm or fire being your best bet. personally I'd take fire, as the damage from dot doesn't apply to creature agro.

Either way, getting your hands on a school necklace for you secondary is highly recommended.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
make a new wizard and choose a different school, yea it takes long but it was your choice to choose life in the first place.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Survivor
Jul 06, 2011
I only have one wizard. Yep, just one. Life school (level 70). I've been playing for a little over two months. I am VERY happy with my Life wizard and don't think I could enjoy any other school. I had only one point where things got rough, but soloing was no trouble at all. There is a short while where you desperately need a "hit all" spell, and it's awhile before you get Forest Lord (it is VERY discouraging). I tried to make up for this by training Myth once, and then Balance, but specking my wiz for good damage in a second school was causing more problems than it was helping (early on). At this point, I called upon friends to help me here and there, until I got Forest Lord.

Now that I have Forest Lord, I'm right back on track. Soloing (almost to the point of preferring it) with little problems. Life school can actually deal out some good numbers. Another benefit, people love healers in groups on the big runs.

I have only recently begun PvP, and it seems I have a lot to learn. From what few fights I've had, a lot of cheap tactics are being used. So far, I am 1-2. I have hopes that continued participation will only serve to educate me and make me a better PvPer.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I tend to disagree - my first wizard is a Life, I played her almost to end of Celestia before I started another wizard prior to WinterTusk coming out, have since gotten my level 58 pet but may never bother with Zafaria and the Gnome Spell, I play the game mainly to relax and after Mooshu it really isn't as stress free for me. By mid Mooshu I had to figured it out. I mainly soloed the game accept for fights any other school would need help with. I have a ton of friends but I mainly help them not they help me.

I got the balance blade from Niles and trained death for feint which made it even easier to fight bosses solo, I chose gear that gave me the most pips and damage boost over highest health. I learned gear and deck set up where what made the game. I have very few cards in my deck so it is easier for the ones I need come up. I am a fighter just like all the other school wizards, my style is very aggressive, friends call me when they want the monster(s) gone not so much to just life them. I always lead first in to battle, accept for the one time I did WaterWorks but the player I was in there with relied heavily on my casting Rebirth and Forest Lord on command which I did and we did it win it.

I have two sprites, one satyr and now one rebirth in my deck, I use rebirth rarely. Many times other wizards are amazed and even comment at how versatile I am. I can keep the group a live and kill the monsters, what school could be more fun to play? The game does change when you get Forest Lord and it is late in the game compared to other schools that have all around spells earlier.

If anything Death could be considered the weaker school but must say moving my Death wizard though the worlds has actually been fun to work the life stealing spells giving me a definite advantage. Storm I am having a chore with because she is powerful but can fizzle up to three times in a row even with gear to help boost accuracy, all the gear I can get to offset her short comings with also attacks her health level, I seem to have to have help more with some fights that I did not with my other wizards but breeze though ones that were a chore for them proving each school has a different time at the game and the reason I am trying other schools.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2011
JinZah wrote:

Now back to the topic at hand. The life wizard is the least solo friendly class in the game.

I couldn't disagree more. I have gone solo almost the entire game. It DOES get a little rough around Celestia, but once you get Forest Lord, you're back to kicking tale. I've messed with several schools for a secondary, and while I've settled on Balance, I've come to the conclusion that Life doesn't really need a secondary school. Just pick a few supplemental spells from various schools to suit your play style.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
bushbaby123 wrote:
I was there before KI first put up their 1,000,000 player fountain in MA's courtyard and i was there when KI took it down and put the new fountain in the middle of the stream in the commons. I was there BEFORE castalia when there was only ds. I am a level 40 life wizard. Infact I just earned level 40 like a month ago and still am level 40. Life wizards have so many DISADVANTAGES.

How very odd you have such a hard time playing a life mage. Maybe you're playing it wrong.

I have 2 legendary life mages. My first one took me about 3 months to get to legend. My second took me about 3 weeks.

Centaur is an incredibly powerful spell - providing you stack life and spirit blades, life and spirit traps, and a feint before you hit.

Seraph is also very powerful, boosted correctly.

I can solo just about anything with either of my life mages now, but since I heal rather than battle, I usually don't have to. There are plenty of people doing the same stuff I am that are more than happy to have a healer join them.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Pokemonman445 wrote:
I agree! All Life Wizards really do is heal other wizards!

yes, well... that is life's job, after all. Life should always heal first and attack only if no one is hurt.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
fx41001 wrote:

Honestly you are right and allot of other on this board are wrong, though we may be the minority. I bet this is because they do not have a life character. I however have 4 character.

You apparently feel that life is a warrior school. I'm guessing that you're one of those who never heals anyone, including yourself, in battle unless someone dies.

Your focus if you are playing life right should be to ensure that everyone, including yourself, stays as damage free as possible, and ends the battle without even a scratch.

Pretty sure you don't do that and are probably sitting there right now with your mouth hanging open, spluttering in indignation at the thought.

But get this through your head. Life isn't a warrior school. Life shouldn't be worried about attacking. Life should be worried about healing.

Play storm or fire as primary and life as secondary if you want a warrior that can also heal, not the other way around.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Some of the spells aren't just unicorns and rainbows. Is forest lord like that? What about centaur? Well if you don't like your school you could just start another character.

Caroline Sunbright level 63 life

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
My first wizard was Life.

Just like the OP i was around before Celestia. I started playing just before GH opened--before there was a bazaar--before you could put the level 50 robes in the shared bank. The gear I wore up to MS was what I found in the course of my travels through the spiral. I can still remember looking like a bag lady in MB.

Because Life was my first wizard, I did not have the friends as i did now. This caused me to SOLO almost the entire game. Yet, many on here think Life is WEAK? Well let me just say my weak little life wizard SOLOED all the DS towers! This was long before pets became so helpful. It was also long before KI shortened the DS towers and added health and mana wisps to a few of them.

Even now, with the opening of Zafaria, I mostly solo with my life wizard. I do have a Death Mastery amulet, yet was not using the death spells so i traded it for a amulet that gives me a card and more health.

I have never found a need to use out of school attacks. Does battles take longer than some other schools? Yes, but the ability to heal quickly does give life the staying power some others schools lack.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 66 Life