Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life Buff

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
1014
Explain to me how forest lord is weaker than frog or sandstorm or blizzard?

I get the feeling you do not know how to blade stack and just want a hit that does an instant, what 10k damage? Would that about cover you? I mean may as well shoot for the moon amirite!

If you want a fire, make a fire, if you want a storm, make a storm, etc etc I have every school but fire on my main account and I enjoy them all, well except those puny balance blades

Schools were designed to be different, sure myth get mystic collosus, but guess what by the time I get a shadow pip I can perish, because, oh wait, I have no heals!

If I can kill anything with a bladed frog, you can succeed with old fluffy trust me on this!

If you need advice on how to buff up your attack, all you need to do is ask, lots of people here to help you!

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
144
Freshta on Aug 5, 2017 wrote:
It looks like you don't have experience with other schools.

Case in point: Death's Juju is a level 75 utility spell. It does no damage at all, except to the Death wizard who casts it!
Case in point: Myth's minions are mythical in their ability to actually be of help. They are a waste of pips.
Case in point: you don't notice that most schools have DoT spells, including yours (Spinysaur, Wings). It's not just a "Fire" thing. You also have multiple heals over time. You know how they work.

What I soloed Khrysalis with was the Efreet (single hit on one) or the Sun Serpent (single hit, powerful attack on one with a minor AoE chaser), plus Power Link spamming. I don't care if you believe me or not, but the basic strategy I used - yes, even as FIRE with plenty of AoE spells - was always to take out the weakest mob first.

Take them down, one at a time, so that I can reduce the amount of damage coming my way. Then heal. I learned that from playing Life.

As Life, you have really powerful spells that can do that, including Gnomes, Caterpillar and King Artorious (he heals you over time!). You also got Lord, and at level 108 there's Lamassu, which is a variable single-hit or AoE, depending on what you need.

You have the strongest blades in the game.

Your Wings of Fate works exactly like Scald, doing a higher level of damage to all, yet it brings in over time heals to all as well. Why you keep complaining that it doesn't do damage or 'AoE damage' is completely baffling to me. It hits everyone, on the next round after you cast it. With good gear, enchantment and a couple of blades, it's not hard to get over 2000 damage per tick, which is more than enough to take down mobs in Mirage.

Use Wings to clear out minions or shields and heal yourself while you blade up for a single hit on the boss. Once Wings is done, then you can lay traps and hit. It's a fantastic spell as long as you know WHEN to use it.

Alia Misthaven, 120
Rowan Ashcloud, 120
I meant to say *LuLu instead of JuJu btw...

1. You don't even have a life character, so therefore, you can't relate, leaving your input on this topic as "Useless"

2. You don't have to deal with ONE AoE spell throughout your WHOLE entire time in the game. It gets old.

3. This was about either:

- Buffing Wings of fate to be a mass attack and heal all spell
- Or buffing another spell to be able to attack all enemies

Here are some other examples on what US life wizards mean:

I will literally stop complaining if this becomes a solid 525 damage and 525 health all at once. If it must remain a DoT, then it should at least become 675 to keep the spell in line with other DoTs and to make me at least consider using this over Forest Lord. If only one can be increased, just increase the damage. I'd be happy with 675 to both or 725 damage and 475 healing, or 700 damage and 500 healing. At the very least, split the damage up between an initial hit/heal and the overtime. As it is now, this spell does not revive defeated players.

Wings of Fate deals 460 damage to all enemies and 460 health to all friends. Heals typically do double the amount as damage, so if we convert this spell to damage for comparisons sake, we get 460 + 230=690 damage to all enemies. This does not take into account that the hit and heal is a DoT/HoT. Compare this figure to Mystic Collosus, which does 860 damage to all enemies AND removes all shields. So for an EXTRA pip, Wings of Fate deals nearly 200 less damage and has no effect (keep in mind I converted the heal to damage for easier comparison)

In conclusion, ideally I think this spell should deal 600 damage and heal 600 health solid. If it must remain a DoT, then I'd say 50+575 damage and 50+575 health is fair.

Geographer
Aug 23, 2016
967
Freshta on Aug 5, 2017 wrote:
You're having trouble because your deck is too big. Clear out all the cards you don't use.

Always pack light, no more than 2 or 3 of most spells.

I know it sounds scary to not take the kitchen sink but trust me, you don't need it. You also don't need five copies of a spell. If you're really worried that you'll run out of cards, take a reshuffle.

Alia Misthaven

PS: Feint is a wonderful spell. You definitely should train for it!
Hmmm hadn't thought about that. I've been playing with as large a deck as my current level allows since I started the game.

I did take advantage of the free buyback weekend and train for Feint. WOW! I managed to one-shot an entire boss battle in Zafaria (soloed it).

My standard tactic is to try a boss battle at least twice and after a second failure request a team up.

That said, I DO value the fact that on team-ups I can settle into the second or third position and heal everyone.

And one other thing I have dabbled in the other schools, I cannot get used to the high fizzle rate associated with the other schools. Fizzling is a rarity (with Life) and having it happen every battle (playing other schools) is definitely not to my liking.

Steven Ghoststalker
72

Geographer
Aug 23, 2016
967
Pouffy on Aug 5, 2017 wrote:
Yes, the forest lord is pretty good to have, but so is every other mass attack spell in the game. The forest lord is the lowest attack all spell (That is preferabbly used from each school.. Oh wait.. We can't prefer an attack all spell because we are stuck with only one.. Forgot). As I was saying, the forest lord does only around 500 damage (As it says on the card), and every other school with there prefferabble Mass attack spell has WAY more than that. EVERY OTHER SCHOOL gets their variety of mass attack spells, but we are stuck with the forest lord and no other preferable choice just like every other school. You see here, you are level 71, meaning that you are still at the stage where you haven't met the spell "Spinysaur" and your shadow spells. It will hit you soon enough that Life is very undervalued and not treated the same. When you get your level 88 spell, you will see that you will use it a couple times when you first get it, but then it will be useless to your deck because:

1. The spinysaur does not attack all enemies like some schools get on their level 88 spell (oh imagine that)

2. It costs so much pips, and the gnomes are way better than the spell anyways.
You will realize soon enough that every other school has a WAY bigger advantage over you (Damage wise) considering that every other school gets their amazing shadow spell that is a mass attack, and their amazing level 88 spell that is mass attack, and we are left in the dust with a spell that was given to us at level 58 and it doesn't have any after effected perks provided within the spell. Soon enough, you will realize that a lot of other schools are probably the most best treated schools and are given a chance to actually have fun with their school. I am sorry about you not being able to relate at the moment, but it will hit you soon enough when you see everyone having fun with their "New shadow spell" while we are left in the dust with a spell that is very un used and I wished it had good concepts.
Alas, I cannot comment to anything beyond Zafaria and Level 72 (hit that yesterday).

So I have no basis for either confirming or denying the claims. I'll get back to you when I hit those levels

But I will state unabashedly that Aside from the final boss battles from Marleybone on (and honestly KI designed those to be group fights), I have requested a team-up fewer than ten times (just got to Stone City in Zafaria and I'm somewhere in the middle of Wintertusk).

I dislike people jumping into my fights and strive to avoid accidentally stepping into someone else's fight. I do however love questing with my kids, (I have three so it make for a good group and Daddy is the healer not the tank).

Life can solo but needs help where EVERYONE needs help. Life is good at what the school was designed for. That said, a spell given at a higher level SHOULD be more powerful than one that is given earlier. Life isn't the only school subjected to that. Earthquake is a sucky Myth (my secondary school) spell, why? Because not allow does it do about as much damage as Humongo Frog, it costs 2 more pips and can wipe out every trap and feint you have carefully laid.

Steven Ghoststalker
72

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2357
Pouffy on Aug 5, 2017 wrote:
Yes, the forest lord is pretty good to have, but so is every other mass attack spell in the game. The forest lord is the lowest attack all spell (That is preferabbly used from each school.. Oh wait.. We can't prefer an attack all spell because we are stuck with only one.. Forgot). As I was saying, the forest lord does only around 500 damage (As it says on the card), and every other school with there prefferabble Mass attack spell has WAY more than that. EVERY OTHER SCHOOL gets their variety of mass attack spells, but we are stuck with the forest lord and no other preferable choice just like every other school. You see here, you are level 71, meaning that you are still at the stage where you haven't met the spell "Spinysaur" and your shadow spells. It will hit you soon enough that Life is very undervalued and not treated the same. When you get your level 88 spell, you will see that you will use it a couple times when you first get it, but then it will be useless to your deck because:

1. The spinysaur does not attack all enemies like some schools get on their level 88 spell (oh imagine that)

2. It costs so much pips, and the gnomes are way better than the spell anyways.
You will realize soon enough that every other school has a WAY bigger advantage over you (Damage wise) considering that every other school gets their amazing shadow spell that is a mass attack, and their amazing level 88 spell that is mass attack, and we are left in the dust with a spell that was given to us at level 58 and it doesn't have any after effected perks provided within the spell. Soon enough, you will realize that a lot of other schools are probably the most best treated schools and are given a chance to actually have fun with their school. I am sorry about you not being able to relate at the moment, but it will hit you soon enough when you see everyone having fun with their "New shadow spell" while we are left in the dust with a spell that is very un used and I wished it had good concepts.
Forest Lord only does around 500 damage? Then you are not buffing up well enough.

As a life wizard, I have done as much as 6,000+ with that spell against mobs by buffing the spell and myself with all available blades, and either Vengance or Devotion. I don't mess with traps on mobs, only bosses and then I will stack every form of Feint as well as life traps and an occasional Curse or Hex if I have them in my sideboard. BUT I also take out the minions first then concentrate on that boss. That boss is going to get hit with King Artorius before anything else. Life Prism if needed or a Mass Prism if needed.

I rarely ever use Spinysaur or Gnomes. I do use King Artorius as well as the lower pip crafted spells along with Lord.

Hmmm, undervalued? I don't see it that way or I wouldn't have a life wizard on each of my accounts. My main Life has done a lot of Solo including in Khrysalis. Did I solo all? No, I do have friends that will help when I need it.

A few months ago, I started dual boxing in order to get more of my wizards moving. Yes, both of my life wizards do support BUT they also do damage and sometimes more damage than the wizard I am supporting at the time. The fact that I can do damage and heal at the same time is an advantage that none of the other schools have. So what if the have more mass damage spells, THEY can't mass heal without using ALL of their pips to use Rebirth other than a Unicorn now and then but unless they have a Life Mastery, they are still using a lot of pips.

Every wizard has their favorite spells and learns to use them effectively.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
180
Level 120 Storm here and I can confirm that solo storm is a headache. :P As far as life as a hitter, I know many many max life characters who continually blow me away with how hard they hit. Also it's perfectly believable that a myth could use frog all the way through Khrysalis. With enchants, auras, blades, feints, and a critical, that spell can do a lot of damage. Regarding spinysaur, every school has a spell they just don't use. I never use storm owl or sirens, because they take too long to build pips for.

It seems to me that most life characters on this thread are objecting to the fact that they just have one AOE. Well your one AOE does a pretty great job! Wings of Fate also heals which makes sense why it doesn't do as much damage. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Who knows? Maybe life will get another AOE with the next world.

Moira Stormheart

Geographer
Aug 23, 2016
967
DragonLady1818 on Aug 6, 2017 wrote:
Forest Lord only does around 500 damage? Then you are not buffing up well enough.

As a life wizard, I have done as much as 6,000+ with that spell against mobs by buffing the spell and myself with all available blades, and either Vengance or Devotion. I don't mess with traps on mobs, only bosses and then I will stack every form of Feint as well as life traps and an occasional Curse or Hex if I have them in my sideboard. BUT I also take out the minions first then concentrate on that boss. That boss is going to get hit with King Artorius before anything else. Life Prism if needed or a Mass Prism if needed.

I rarely ever use Spinysaur or Gnomes. I do use King Artorius as well as the lower pip crafted spells along with Lord.

Hmmm, undervalued? I don't see it that way or I wouldn't have a life wizard on each of my accounts. My main Life has done a lot of Solo including in Khrysalis. Did I solo all? No, I do have friends that will help when I need it.

A few months ago, I started dual boxing in order to get more of my wizards moving. Yes, both of my life wizards do support BUT they also do damage and sometimes more damage than the wizard I am supporting at the time. The fact that I can do damage and heal at the same time is an advantage that none of the other schools have. So what if the have more mass damage spells, THEY can't mass heal without using ALL of their pips to use Rebirth other than a Unicorn now and then but unless they have a Life Mastery, they are still using a lot of pips.

Every wizard has their favorite spells and learns to use them effectively.
My personal best with Forest Lord on a critical hit is just over 16,000 (Got that today while collecting animus in Dragonspyre)

Agreed that properly bladed and trapped, Forest Lord averages a good 4-5,000 with five figure damage not unheard of.

Steven Ghoststalker
72

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
1841
To the Original Poster,

Maybe your idea would be better received if you'd suggested that Life is due for another AoE in the next update, rather than complaining about how awful its current spells are and Life is too weak to hit or go solo. In looking back over this thread, it looks like you struck a nerve and that's why so many are hitting back at you.

A lot of us think the Life school is great the way it is, but might be persuaded to petition for a future AoE if it were worded in a way that was more supportive and thoughtful in terms of total game balance. That is a thing, it's one of the reasons why Death and Myth did get AoEs in the level 100 update, but Life didn't. At the time, Life had an AoE that was much stronger than the ones Death & Myth had been using since level 48. (Theirs was 400 & 350, respectively. Lord is 540-620, much stronger!)

In looking over the damage stats of our last four spell upgrades, I can see an argument emerging for Life maybe being due a bigger AoE with Empyrea, since yes, Lord Fuzzy Slippers is the last big AoE that Life has received since level 58 and yes, soon Lord Fuzzy Slippers won't compete well against the other schools' AoEs in terms of balanced game mechanics.

(For the purposes of this discussion, I'm ignoring the recent 118 divide-and-conquer spells.)

So, add another AoE for Life in the future? Perhaps. Given the right, well-reasoned arguments, I can maybe get behind that idea.

But change the current spells because Life is "too weak to solo?" No. I just don't think Life is all that bad off at the moment. The current spells should not be changed and I stand by that.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
144
Moira Stormheart on Aug 6, 2017 wrote:
Level 120 Storm here and I can confirm that solo storm is a headache. :P As far as life as a hitter, I know many many max life characters who continually blow me away with how hard they hit. Also it's perfectly believable that a myth could use frog all the way through Khrysalis. With enchants, auras, blades, feints, and a critical, that spell can do a lot of damage. Regarding spinysaur, every school has a spell they just don't use. I never use storm owl or sirens, because they take too long to build pips for.

It seems to me that most life characters on this thread are objecting to the fact that they just have one AOE. Well your one AOE does a pretty great job! Wings of Fate also heals which makes sense why it doesn't do as much damage. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Who knows? Maybe life will get another AOE with the next world.

Moira Stormheart
You are the most logical comment on the thread, and thanks for that. I hope the new world actually gives us an AoE spell to work with, and I will take into consideration to have to result into using my level 58 spell until the new world is open. If not, I can always post another time and I think that if they were to make Wings Of Fate to be an AoE spell instant, then they should nerf the damage. For now, I will hope some new spells come along shortly

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2357
Area51Alien on Aug 6, 2017 wrote:
Hmmm hadn't thought about that. I've been playing with as large a deck as my current level allows since I started the game.

I did take advantage of the free buyback weekend and train for Feint. WOW! I managed to one-shot an entire boss battle in Zafaria (soloed it).

My standard tactic is to try a boss battle at least twice and after a second failure request a team up.

That said, I DO value the fact that on team-ups I can settle into the second or third position and heal everyone.

And one other thing I have dabbled in the other schools, I cannot get used to the high fizzle rate associated with the other schools. Fizzling is a rarity (with Life) and having it happen every battle (playing other schools) is definitely not to my liking.

Steven Ghoststalker
72
OFF TOPIC: That fizzle rate with other schools will be reduced as those wizards gain levels. I do have wizards in every school and they are all high enough now that they rarely fizz.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1094
There are some rants on this topic so i'm going to add mine too. This game is designed for different people with DIFFERENT strategy at will and know how. NOT those with the strongest wizard and best strategy in this roll playing game. It's not "If I can do it you can do it". it's not "I have a better strategy do it my way" What may be easy for many may be difficult for others. People generally don't care about other players game play unless they ask for suggestions. Everyone wants their own game play. this is why worlds and certain battles are nerfed so everyone can play to their comfort to enjoy the game. If the game is getting to easy, it's easier to downgrade yourself then those to upgrade and yes, Wizard101 is known to let you have your cake and eat it to. Everyone wants a power hitter wizard. Maybe that's why there aren't as many Life wizards as there are others. Maybe many people are having a hard time playing Life until it gets Forest Lord possibly beyond that and just maybe people don't want to spend rounds after rounds using every blade and enhancement they can find allowing their pips to max out to see how much damage he/she can do. That can be time consuming for those who don't have much game time and may not be their strategy. I been playing every day for sum years and I know many people who team-up for a difficult battle without a life wizard being available. So maybe Life needs a little buff including a trainable lower pip AOE spell so it attracts more players. I also agree that Wings of Fate either needs a little buff or make it a none DOT. Ok rant! See how many I get

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
180
Pouffy on Aug 7, 2017 wrote:
You are the most logical comment on the thread, and thanks for that. I hope the new world actually gives us an AoE spell to work with, and I will take into consideration to have to result into using my level 58 spell until the new world is open. If not, I can always post another time and I think that if they were to make Wings Of Fate to be an AoE spell instant, then they should nerf the damage. For now, I will hope some new spells come along shortly
Wow, thanks!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
21
I think a life buff is very well needed. Especially a trainable low level spell for all enemies. Satyr does not do much in 1v1's anymore, especially when you are max level. Maybe another hard healing spell could be used to help us.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
144
Prince of Shadows on Aug 5, 2017 wrote:
My life wiz can hit almost has hard as my storm, while having about 3000 more health. He's soloed most of the game, including many tough bosses. Anyone who says life is "just for healing" or "not strong enough" hasn't properly experienced the school.
Life does about half as much damage as storm spells do. You are just using more blades, or your damage percentage on your storm is complete garbage. Sorry about your storm damage gear, and I hope you get better gear soon.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
144
Jasmine3429 on Aug 6, 2017 wrote:
Explain to me how forest lord is weaker than frog or sandstorm or blizzard?

I get the feeling you do not know how to blade stack and just want a hit that does an instant, what 10k damage? Would that about cover you? I mean may as well shoot for the moon amirite!

If you want a fire, make a fire, if you want a storm, make a storm, etc etc I have every school but fire on my main account and I enjoy them all, well except those puny balance blades

Schools were designed to be different, sure myth get mystic collosus, but guess what by the time I get a shadow pip I can perish, because, oh wait, I have no heals!

If I can kill anything with a bladed frog, you can succeed with old fluffy trust me on this!

If you need advice on how to buff up your attack, all you need to do is ask, lots of people here to help you!
1. Humungofrog is not their only Aoe attack

2. They don't just have sandstorm, they have Ra when they reach level 58 AS WELL

3. They don't just have blizzard, they have MANY AoE spells to choose from (Like the Frost Giant and their SHADOW PIP aoe spell)

I like the theme and concept of how I can heal others. I don't care about the damage of forest ord, I care about us having only one AoE spell to choose with. Please read the whole thread

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
144
Freshta on Aug 7, 2017 wrote:
To the Original Poster,

Maybe your idea would be better received if you'd suggested that Life is due for another AoE in the next update, rather than complaining about how awful its current spells are and Life is too weak to hit or go solo. In looking back over this thread, it looks like you struck a nerve and that's why so many are hitting back at you.

A lot of us think the Life school is great the way it is, but might be persuaded to petition for a future AoE if it were worded in a way that was more supportive and thoughtful in terms of total game balance. That is a thing, it's one of the reasons why Death and Myth did get AoEs in the level 100 update, but Life didn't. At the time, Life had an AoE that was much stronger than the ones Death & Myth had been using since level 48. (Theirs was 400 & 350, respectively. Lord is 540-620, much stronger!)

In looking over the damage stats of our last four spell upgrades, I can see an argument emerging for Life maybe being due a bigger AoE with Empyrea, since yes, Lord Fuzzy Slippers is the last big AoE that Life has received since level 58 and yes, soon Lord Fuzzy Slippers won't compete well against the other schools' AoEs in terms of balanced game mechanics.

(For the purposes of this discussion, I'm ignoring the recent 118 divide-and-conquer spells.)

So, add another AoE for Life in the future? Perhaps. Given the right, well-reasoned arguments, I can maybe get behind that idea.

But change the current spells because Life is "too weak to solo?" No. I just don't think Life is all that bad off at the moment. The current spells should not be changed and I stand by that.

Alia Misthaven
I still stand on the terms that death is treated better, and here is why:

1. They get scarecrow. Yes, it does 100 less damage that fluffy Mc Fluff fluff, but they heal back, as well as help out with damage in the process!

2. They get avenging fossil. Remember the level 88 spells I was talking about? Here is one. Many schools got their "AoE" spell at level 88, and death got one (Imagine that) and it is a realy good spell to work with.

3. They have lulu. One of the most OP spells for soloing and another Aoe spell for death that does over 1000 damage when enchanted. That is almost near the glowbug, and since death has a better percentage on blades, AND they can heal really grinds my gears. They shouldn't be doing powerful spells and getting a grand heal while doing it. Life heals sometimes can't even match the heal back and the fact that they can attack and heal at the same time really does it.

Myth on the other hand, they deserve the shadow pip spell to be honest. I am more focused on death getting so many to choose from and life never getting a change. That is what the thread is mostly about.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
1841
Pouffy on Aug 8, 2017 wrote:
I still stand on the terms that death is treated better, and here is why:

1. They get scarecrow. Yes, it does 100 less damage that fluffy Mc Fluff fluff, but they heal back, as well as help out with damage in the process!

2. They get avenging fossil. Remember the level 88 spells I was talking about? Here is one. Many schools got their "AoE" spell at level 88, and death got one (Imagine that) and it is a realy good spell to work with.

3. They have lulu. One of the most OP spells for soloing and another Aoe spell for death that does over 1000 damage when enchanted. That is almost near the glowbug, and since death has a better percentage on blades, AND they can heal really grinds my gears. They shouldn't be doing powerful spells and getting a grand heal while doing it. Life heals sometimes can't even match the heal back and the fact that they can attack and heal at the same time really does it.

Myth on the other hand, they deserve the shadow pip spell to be honest. I am more focused on death getting so many to choose from and life never getting a change. That is what the thread is mostly about.
1) Death's Scarecrow does 400 damage, compared to Lord doing 540-620. Not "500." You keep rounding it down but the truth is, Lord hits closer to 600 on most occasions.

Not only that, but when we add enchantments to Death drain spells, the whole addition doesn't apply. The base is 400 and when we add "Strong" (+100 damage), the total lifts to only 467. Life, on the other hand, gets the full enchantment amount on ALL of their spells.

(This goes back to balancing game mechanics, as I previously pointed out. That's the price Death pays for a drain.)

2) Avenging Fossil is not the kind of AoE you think it is. It hits ONE target for 850-950 damage, then chases that with a minor AoE of 275, divided over 3 rounds. The spell is almost identical to how Sun Serpent works. Both are SINGLE HIT spells with minor AoE chasers intended to clean up straggling mobs or remove shields. In combat, they function like a single hit, trust me. Anyway, the spell doesn't give back health and is far too costly in terms of pips to be useful. Most Death wizards don't ever use it! For single hits, the Monster is what we use.

If you want to be envious of a Death AoE, then you should envy Deer Knight.

3) As pointed out in my previous post, Lulu was a desperately needed upgrade to Scarecrow, in much the same way Mystic Colossus was an upgrade to Earthquake. This was an issue of game balance. Lulu's base damage is 830. Again you are exaggerating it to "over 1000" to make your point, but I prefer to deal in facts. The Lulu card states 830 damage, whereas Glowbug is 1120.

In talking about game balance, I already said there's a good argument for giving Life a bigger AoE in the next update, yet you continue to focus on changing existing spells. KI is not going to change old content. Any improvements will have to come in future updates.

Convince KingsIsle that Life needs a new AoE with Empyrea and you might actually get somewhere.

Alia Misthaven

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
1841
Pouffy on Aug 8, 2017 wrote:
I still stand on the terms that death is treated better, and here is why:

1. They get scarecrow. Yes, it does 100 less damage that fluffy Mc Fluff fluff, but they heal back, as well as help out with damage in the process!

2. They get avenging fossil. Remember the level 88 spells I was talking about? Here is one. Many schools got their "AoE" spell at level 88, and death got one (Imagine that) and it is a realy good spell to work with.

3. They have lulu. One of the most OP spells for soloing and another Aoe spell for death that does over 1000 damage when enchanted. That is almost near the glowbug, and since death has a better percentage on blades, AND they can heal really grinds my gears. They shouldn't be doing powerful spells and getting a grand heal while doing it. Life heals sometimes can't even match the heal back and the fact that they can attack and heal at the same time really does it.

Myth on the other hand, they deserve the shadow pip spell to be honest. I am more focused on death getting so many to choose from and life never getting a change. That is what the thread is mostly about.
PS:
"Many schools got their AoE spell at level 88."

No.

Two schools got a single hit/AoE chaser combo spell at level 88.
Death: Avenging Fossil - single hit, 850-950 +250 AoE over three rounds
Fire: Sun Serpent - single hit, 900-1000 +300 AoE

That's two schools ... out of seven. And the AoEs are tiny.

The majority of schools got a single target spell at level 88.

Life: Spinysaur - single hit, 400 + 600 DoT.
Ice: Lord of Winter - single hit, 950-1050
Myth: Celestial Calendar - single hit, 1070-1170
Storm: Storm Owl - single hit, 1525-1625
Balance: Sabertooth - single hit, 1000-1100

This is what I mean when talking about arguing from facts. Your arguments are weakened because you are making exaggerations that are easily proved false rather than arming yourself with correct information. When it comes to winning a debate, facts are stronger than exaggerations, emotions and vague impressions of 'fairness.'

The upside is, in having this discussion with you I am coming around to your point of view in the sense that Life may be due for an upgraded AoE. But, this is because I looked at the level 108 spells for all schools in addition to 88 and 100. In view of all the four most recent spells earned by all the schools, the FACTS are showing me that Life might need a stronger AoE to take down more powerful enemies as they head into the next world release.

So, let's take this thread in a new direction and instead of looking back, let's look forward. Gang, should Life get a stronger AoE with Empyrea?

Discuss.

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Oct 01, 2011
71
Personally i agree that WoF sucks, most of the time the DoT will take feints and stuff if used so there's really no point AND it has a joke of a base damage, 525 with no enchant? 825 with epic? 275 per tick huh? compared to a lot of other shadow spells that HEAVILY outclass 8-10 pip spells this seems a little odd.

EG
Bugs gets 1420(epic) damage with enfeeble on all
VS 2 enemies thats 6 pips for 2 enfeebles, plus 14 pips for 2 storm lords worth of damage so 20 pips total for 1 shadow + 5 pips. That shadow pip is worth 15 PIPS. even if the enfeeble isn't used that shadow pip is worth 9 pips

WoF gets 825(epic) damage and 525 heal over time(yes ik the heal is enchantable but eh)
VS 2 enemies and 1 ally thats 8 pips for 1 forest lord (enchanted) of damage and 2 pips for 2 Sprites(with enchant 1 sprite per party member) so thats 10 pips total for 1 shadow + 6 pips so that shadow pip is worth 4 pips, 6-7 if we don't count enchants but that's less than HALF the value of pips in terms of everything
PLUS all of this is spread out over 3 turns

Perhaps it could be reworked to have a choice mechanic where you choose to do the damage and heal all at once OR as a Dot/HoT much like the new spells select a target.

And you could raise the base heal and hit to 600 (900 with epic) thus making it 300 DoT, this would make it outclass Forest lord damage wise (just) so life can hit 1 turn earlier when needed and still provide heals for the team
The DoT would be very situational, but there are times when it could be useful

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2357
@Jonathon92500 It seems you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

1. Spinysaur is a DoT. I rarely EVER use this spell due to the number of pips required. ( 10 )

2. Wings of Fate is attack ALL heal ALL over 3 rounds. (6 pips + 1 Shadow) (85% accuracy) More if the spell is BUFFED and the wizard is BUFFED as well. Yes, that means to BLADE as much as you can and use traps to your advantage.

It really doesn't matter what the other schools got at any particular level. What does matter is learning the BEST way to use those spells and conserve pips ESPECIALLY for a LIFE wizard.

As @Jasmine3429 indicated, Balance has FEWER buff options than any other school. Even with all the AoE that Balance has, it does take more work. The only school trap is Hex then depending on whether Death was trained to Feint, and TC Hex and Feint, They don't have a lot of buffs to work with. All other schools have various BLADES to work with as Balance does not have anywhere near those. All other schools can also use ALL Balance Blades and Hex to help boost their own damage.

As with many others posting, I have wizards in ALL schools and use the spells that work best for my play style and that includes BLADES and Traps. I won't cast a single spell without buffing the spell and my wizard as much as possible no matter what school i am playing at the time.

As for you reply to @Prince of Shadows, he knows what he is doing as do many others. We have learned the best way to use lower pip spells and still get the maximum damage possible.

The fact is, Life can and does do a lot of damage.

Maybe you need to do some research on Wiki on the spells and see just what is really possible if properly buffed.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
387
Freshta on Aug 9, 2017 wrote:
PS:
"Many schools got their AoE spell at level 88."

No.

Two schools got a single hit/AoE chaser combo spell at level 88.
Death: Avenging Fossil - single hit, 850-950 +250 AoE over three rounds
Fire: Sun Serpent - single hit, 900-1000 +300 AoE

That's two schools ... out of seven. And the AoEs are tiny.

The majority of schools got a single target spell at level 88.

Life: Spinysaur - single hit, 400 + 600 DoT.
Ice: Lord of Winter - single hit, 950-1050
Myth: Celestial Calendar - single hit, 1070-1170
Storm: Storm Owl - single hit, 1525-1625
Balance: Sabertooth - single hit, 1000-1100

This is what I mean when talking about arguing from facts. Your arguments are weakened because you are making exaggerations that are easily proved false rather than arming yourself with correct information. When it comes to winning a debate, facts are stronger than exaggerations, emotions and vague impressions of 'fairness.'

The upside is, in having this discussion with you I am coming around to your point of view in the sense that Life may be due for an upgraded AoE. But, this is because I looked at the level 108 spells for all schools in addition to 88 and 100. In view of all the four most recent spells earned by all the schools, the FACTS are showing me that Life might need a stronger AoE to take down more powerful enemies as they head into the next world release.

So, let's take this thread in a new direction and instead of looking back, let's look forward. Gang, should Life get a stronger AoE with Empyrea?

Discuss.

Alia Misthaven
I'm gonna offer my ideas on whether or not Life should get a stronger AoE with Empyrea. In other news, someone started a thread about giving Life a 4 pip AoE. You can see my ideas on the subject here.

Now back on topic, I don't think Life needs a stronger AoE. Forest Lord, in my opinion, still seems to get the job done in Mirage just as well as it did in Celestia and Zafaria! I don't think a stronger AoE is needed unless creatures in Empyrea suddenly have more health than is expected (similar to what pre-nerf Mirage had...), which in that case, we might need a stronger attack. However, it appears that most of the players were unable to do battles in Mirage, which lead to the health of almost every creature in the world to be dropped severely. If Empyrean mobs only have around 3-4k health, then I do not think a stronger AoE will be needed.

Furthermore, anyone who stalks my posts here knows that I want us to get new utility spells in Empyrea rather than more Shadow-enhanced damage spells. I think it is time we move away from flat-out physical damage spells, and instead get something that makes the schools more powerful in new and unique ways.

Also, look at this pattern o:

Celestia - New damage spells
Zafaria - New damage spells
Avalon - New utility spells

Polaris - New Shadow-enhanced damage spells
Mirage - New Shadow-enhanced damage spells
Empyrea - New utility spells that require both regular AND Shadow pips? :D

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
144
Freshta on Aug 9, 2017 wrote:
1) Death's Scarecrow does 400 damage, compared to Lord doing 540-620. Not "500." You keep rounding it down but the truth is, Lord hits closer to 600 on most occasions.

Not only that, but when we add enchantments to Death drain spells, the whole addition doesn't apply. The base is 400 and when we add "Strong" (+100 damage), the total lifts to only 467. Life, on the other hand, gets the full enchantment amount on ALL of their spells.

(This goes back to balancing game mechanics, as I previously pointed out. That's the price Death pays for a drain.)

2) Avenging Fossil is not the kind of AoE you think it is. It hits ONE target for 850-950 damage, then chases that with a minor AoE of 275, divided over 3 rounds. The spell is almost identical to how Sun Serpent works. Both are SINGLE HIT spells with minor AoE chasers intended to clean up straggling mobs or remove shields. In combat, they function like a single hit, trust me. Anyway, the spell doesn't give back health and is far too costly in terms of pips to be useful. Most Death wizards don't ever use it! For single hits, the Monster is what we use.

If you want to be envious of a Death AoE, then you should envy Deer Knight.

3) As pointed out in my previous post, Lulu was a desperately needed upgrade to Scarecrow, in much the same way Mystic Colossus was an upgrade to Earthquake. This was an issue of game balance. Lulu's base damage is 830. Again you are exaggerating it to "over 1000" to make your point, but I prefer to deal in facts. The Lulu card states 830 damage, whereas Glowbug is 1120.

In talking about game balance, I already said there's a good argument for giving Life a bigger AoE in the next update, yet you continue to focus on changing existing spells. KI is not going to change old content. Any improvements will have to come in future updates.

Convince KingsIsle that Life needs a new AoE with Empyrea and you might actually get somewhere.

Alia Misthaven
Lol for a second there, I thought you said "Convince KingsIsle and maybe you can get somewhere". I have never heard of a bigger joke!

On top of this, You also stated "Lulu was a desperately needed upgrade to Scarecrow" but you kinda forgot about what this thread was about darling. This thread is also about the Forest lord needing an upgrade just like scarecrow. Death gets lower attacks because they get a heal back, we do not. Also, you said adding +100... No honey, we like to add better enchants rather than the first sun school card that you get. No thanks to that. We prefer epic. Now.. As I was saying, 90% of the time, we will use an enchant with our spells, thus making lulu around 1000 damage to ALL ENEMIES... What does the forest lord get?? A whopping 800 and nothing else in return. No healback? No promlem! The Lulu is MAJOR overpowered and NOT much deserved

I forgot about the deerknight :D Just another example to provide to my point that life is on the bottom of the pecking order.

If you think the game is balanced, I suggest you get a good grip on how every school works. At least death can heal, and attack in one spell while we have to do both with half the damage! Isn't that great!! *Sarcasm*

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am not convinced. They have changed old spells before MANY times, thus meaning they can do it again. Buff Wings like every life wizard has been asking, or keep getting complaints. Deal? Deal..

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
144
DragonLady1818 on Aug 9, 2017 wrote:
@Jonathon92500 It seems you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

1. Spinysaur is a DoT. I rarely EVER use this spell due to the number of pips required. ( 10 )

2. Wings of Fate is attack ALL heal ALL over 3 rounds. (6 pips + 1 Shadow) (85% accuracy) More if the spell is BUFFED and the wizard is BUFFED as well. Yes, that means to BLADE as much as you can and use traps to your advantage.

It really doesn't matter what the other schools got at any particular level. What does matter is learning the BEST way to use those spells and conserve pips ESPECIALLY for a LIFE wizard.

As @Jasmine3429 indicated, Balance has FEWER buff options than any other school. Even with all the AoE that Balance has, it does take more work. The only school trap is Hex then depending on whether Death was trained to Feint, and TC Hex and Feint, They don't have a lot of buffs to work with. All other schools have various BLADES to work with as Balance does not have anywhere near those. All other schools can also use ALL Balance Blades and Hex to help boost their own damage.

As with many others posting, I have wizards in ALL schools and use the spells that work best for my play style and that includes BLADES and Traps. I won't cast a single spell without buffing the spell and my wizard as much as possible no matter what school i am playing at the time.

As for you reply to @Prince of Shadows, he knows what he is doing as do many others. We have learned the best way to use lower pip spells and still get the maximum damage possible.

The fact is, Life can and does do a lot of damage.

Maybe you need to do some research on Wiki on the spells and see just what is really possible if properly buffed.
You seem to not have some knowledge on the Balance school... They have the most blades in the game and they are able to training point for feint. Balance is really good and has a lot of Attack all spells to choose from (Unlike life). Sorry to give it to you, but this point was invalid because EVERY school is able to hit hard, but it depends on your percentage, your blades, and your feints. Yes life can hit hard, so can everyone else. This is about a spell upgrade.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2357
Pouffy on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
You seem to not have some knowledge on the Balance school... They have the most blades in the game and they are able to training point for feint. Balance is really good and has a lot of Attack all spells to choose from (Unlike life). Sorry to give it to you, but this point was invalid because EVERY school is able to hit hard, but it depends on your percentage, your blades, and your feints. Yes life can hit hard, so can everyone else. This is about a spell upgrade.
Sorry to disappoint you, but I have 2 balance wizards. Balance does have Spirit and Elemental blades as part of their school to use with a couple of spells BUT those spells are also not really used that much either. I don't use Hydra, Blast or Chimera spells. I do use the AoE's, Judgement and King Artorius.

And Yes, I am aware this is about a spell upgrade and I don't agree that Forest Lord needs to be upgraded. I have used it very successfully on both of my life wizards.

As for the wizard I have:

2 life
2 fire
2 death
2 storm
2 balance
1 myth
1 ice

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
172
Pouffy on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
Lol for a second there, I thought you said "Convince KingsIsle and maybe you can get somewhere". I have never heard of a bigger joke!

On top of this, You also stated "Lulu was a desperately needed upgrade to Scarecrow" but you kinda forgot about what this thread was about darling. This thread is also about the Forest lord needing an upgrade just like scarecrow. Death gets lower attacks because they get a heal back, we do not. Also, you said adding +100... No honey, we like to add better enchants rather than the first sun school card that you get. No thanks to that. We prefer epic. Now.. As I was saying, 90% of the time, we will use an enchant with our spells, thus making lulu around 1000 damage to ALL ENEMIES... What does the forest lord get?? A whopping 800 and nothing else in return. No healback? No promlem! The Lulu is MAJOR overpowered and NOT much deserved

I forgot about the deerknight :D Just another example to provide to my point that life is on the bottom of the pecking order.

If you think the game is balanced, I suggest you get a good grip on how every school works. At least death can heal, and attack in one spell while we have to do both with half the damage! Isn't that great!! *Sarcasm*

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am not convinced. They have changed old spells before MANY times, thus meaning they can do it again. Buff Wings like every life wizard has been asking, or keep getting complaints. Deal? Deal..
"'Convince KingsIsle and maybe you can get somewhere.' I have never heard of a bigger joke!" But you're trying to convince KingsIsle, aren't you? Why are you even posting this if you're saying that KingsIsle doesn't listen?

Yes, a new or buffed AoE spell for life would be cool, but you keep saying it like Life is the worst school in the game without one. Your original post says Life can't solo and you keep pushing that point, when there are lots of people and evidence saying otherwise. Life can do a lot of damage, one person even said that it does as much as their Storm!

Also, have you ever played as a Death wizard before? Yes, we can hit and heal at the same time, but at the cost of our spells doing a lot less damage. On my 76 Death, it takes a Death Blade, a Spirit Blade, a Death Blade from an Amulet, an Amplify, and a Gargantuan boosted Scarecrow with 70% Death boosting gear to deal about... 2500 damage. That's about as much health the enemies in Avalon have. Boss fights usually last a long time because of huge stacking up needed.

Take Scarecrow and Forest Lord. Scarecrow with Gargantuan makes it 550 damage, while Forest Lord does 765-845 damage with Gargantuan. Yep, certainly "half the damage" all right.

That's about as much as a base lulu by itself, to all enemies, for less pips. If you're still convinced that Death gets "special treatment," then why has it consistently been one of the or the worst school in PvP, while Life has usually done fairly well in it?

I have a life friend about the same level and has about the same gear with me, and with two blades and Forest Lord with a critical, she deals about 6000 damage on a constant basis. She hits much harder and faster than I ever could.

Again, having a buffed or new AoE spell for life would be great, but don't make it out like Life is "under valued" or "can't solo" when they can still do just fine.