Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How Avalon killed the game

1
AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
333
Ok let me first start off with saying how twisted the storyline ALREADY was in ZF, Avalon only made things more confusing. The new spells are EXTREME. They killed pvp. Gurdian's Spirit (don't remember what its called) made life IMMORTAL. I was pvping on my storm, win with Levy, then before I know it, I see the battle isn't over. I had never seen that spell because usually I pvp on my noobs. When I saw that happen, I litterly fled. No joke. As bad as Storm's resist was already, a 10% pierce blade? Seriously. Storm already has the low health and low accuracy. The last thing we needed was to have our little resist near gone.

Ice's resist. Over 80% to Fire and Storm. Unbelieveable. Not even the 10% blade can help with that. Ridculous. Now I know they are a weak school, but with high health and resist, they are almost like Life. Immortal.

My sub has ended 2 days ago, and if KI thinks I'm getting it back, far wrong. I love Wizard101, but I will say this no matter who agrees or disagrees. The game was killed after Malistare. Over. Dead.

Now after the twisted story line from CL and ZF, AV just made me want to turn the game off and uninstall the shortcut. I am frusterated with KI. They turned a wonderful game into a confusing game of Clue.

I feel sry for the kids under 10 that play this game.

Hero
May 02, 2009
787
Ok, first off, not everything is about pvp, and not everyone does pvp either. Guardian spirit may bring someone back from 0 health, but that said player will have low pips and health as well as no charms or wards on them.

I also don't see how the game was "killed" after malistaire. Is it because the enemies became smarter and now don't make it easy for you to beat them?

How is the storyline twisted to you? Is it because of all the running around you have to do? If thats the case, then its really no different than the first chapter/malistaire arc.

For the resist, yes its gone overboard, but as you go through the game you have to expect people to get stronger, and for the resist, that's what the armor piercing is for, to help reduce the resistance.

Instead of listing a bunch of complaints, try offering solutions to what you think/feel are problems in the game. That will also help people understand your side of the situation too.

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
115
i agree that there's room for improvement, but you don't have to go all the way to uninstalling the game completely! this game is awesome and a messed up story line isn't gonna make me quit. i'm hoping in the next world a connection is made between morganthe and malistaire. like maybe something like this:
Morganthe is his cousin and morganthe promised to help malistaire bring back his wife then abandoned him for her own desires. furious with her, malistaire plotted, that once he had brought synthia back, he would hunt down morganthe and get revenge for what she had done! unfortunatey a young wizard put an end to his plot in dargonspyre, and malistaires task was unfinished. In his rage, malistaire's spirit reawakened, and he came back to the world to complete his dastardly plot. a ghost though he was, he took enough form to be able to carry his staff, and fight in battle. the two finally met in a showdown in the new world. The power of the two fighting each other would be enough to destroy the whole spiral. morganthe claims that she was always stronger and saw no point in trying to achieve malistaires attemp at his wife's resurrection. she said she was capable of much greater things. you must go to this new world to stop their epic battle from destorying the spiral! malistaire agrees to be her minion to destroy " the pest that is the reason we are in this mess! " i will help you destroy this pest once and for all, to honor what friendship we used to have. And then morganthe, i will teach you not to abandon me in my time of need! feel what it's like to be betrayed!" malistaire says. The final showdown between wizard and morganthe is finally at hand!

Something like that anyway. I think that would bring the old game back a little.
As for storm, the waterworks gear makes storm spells fizzling not possible, and storm still has around 25% universal resist. i think a cool addition would be to give storm, and storm only, an exra pip. they say that storms only chance of survival is striking first before they take too much damage. so what if storm school got a storm school only wand that gave them 2 pips instead of one. so at the start of a battle, a storm wizard would have three power pips.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
261
I disagree with you.

PvP has always been broken, so I don't do it, which provides more time to really enjoy the new worlds. Avalon is hilarious! All the references to Monty Python made me really laugh. The new spells are fantastic. Thank you KI for the mass convert; love it!

Please let us know were you find the story line twisted. Perhaps we can help you understand it. Zafaria is a straight progression to finding the lost students, while Avalon is a quest for Excalibur. Through these quests you learn more about past Ambrose and other characters we have come to care about. Good stuff.

I look forward to the day when all the PvP fanatics get disillusioned and leave. KI can focus even more on great PvE content and story.


Devin Darksong – lvl 80 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong – lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong – lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong – lvl 64 Myth
Dolan Darksong – lvl 60 Ice

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
333
flash33 wrote:
Ok, first off, not everything is about pvp, and not everyone does pvp either. Guardian spirit may bring someone back from 0 health, but that said player will have low pips and health as well as no charms or wards on them.

I also don't see how the game was "killed" after malistaire. Is it because the enemies became smarter and now don't make it easy for you to beat them?

How is the storyline twisted to you? Is it because of all the running around you have to do? If thats the case, then its really no different than the first chapter/malistaire arc.

For the resist, yes its gone overboard, but as you go through the game you have to expect people to get stronger, and for the resist, that's what the armor piercing is for, to help reduce the resistance.

Instead of listing a bunch of complaints, try offering solutions to what you think/feel are problems in the game. That will also help people understand your side of the situation too.


The game had less meaning after Malistare is what I am saying. After we killed him, the game just seem to stop being "good." With CL's added critical took away the only shield to balance, the tower. I mean that in both PVP and the CL bosses. Zf added pierce. There goes the resist.

I feel that CL SHOULD HAVE been a return to a "cheating" Malistare.

I know the game isn't only about PVP. But, I find it very funny that my rank is under 350 lol. If it was about PVP, I would have been gone.

Im not saying I didn't understand the story line. I know ZF was finding the students, but everything seemedt to have different meaning. I started skipping dialouge in Avalon. :?

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
Moribund wrote:
I disagree with you.

PvP has always been broken, so I don't do it, which provides more time to really enjoy the new worlds. Avalon is hilarious! All the references to Monty Python made me really laugh. The new spells are fantastic. Thank you KI for the mass convert; love it!

Please let us know were you find the story line twisted. Perhaps we can help you understand it. Zafaria is a straight progression to finding the lost students, while Avalon is a quest for Excalibur. Through these quests you learn more about past Ambrose and other characters we have come to care about. Good stuff.

I look forward to the day when all the PvP fanatics get disillusioned and leave. KI can focus even more on great PvE content and story.


Devin Darksong – lvl 80 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong – lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong – lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong – lvl 64 Myth
Dolan Darksong – lvl 60 Ice


Here, here!

Thanks for this, Moribund. I agree with all of your points, especially the utter hilarity of the constant Monty Python "Holy Grail" jokes. Hehe, can you get my arms...Sir Perry Gilliam...Shrubbery!

Happy Questing,

Qbb/Iridian/Scarlet

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
41
Funny you say you know the game isent about PVP yet your complain is based on it .If you dont like the changes you have every right to leave theres no reason to rant before you go.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
41
Moribund I agree wholeheartedly . To me this sounds just like another PVP rant.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4956
Moribund wrote:
I disagree with you.

PvP has always been broken, so I don't do it, which provides more time to really enjoy the new worlds. Avalon is hilarious! All the references to Monty Python made me really laugh. The new spells are fantastic. Thank you KI for the mass convert; love it!

Please let us know were you find the story line twisted. Perhaps we can help you understand it. Zafaria is a straight progression to finding the lost students, while Avalon is a quest for Excalibur. Through these quests you learn more about past Ambrose and other characters we have come to care about. Good stuff.

I look forward to the day when all the PvP fanatics get disillusioned and leave. KI can focus even more on great PvE content and story.


Devin Darksong – lvl 80 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong – lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong – lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong – lvl 64 Myth
Dolan Darksong – lvl 60 Ice

Agreed! Especially the PvP part. :)

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
49
brickhead12 wrote:
i agree that there's room for improvement, but you don't have to go all the way to uninstalling the game completely! this game is awesome and a messed up story line isn't gonna make me quit. i'm hoping in the next world a connection is made between morganthe and malistaire. like maybe something like this:
Morganthe is his cousin and morganthe promised to help malistaire bring back his wife then abandoned him for her own desires. furious with her, malistaire plotted, that once he had brought synthia back, he would hunt down morganthe and get revenge for what she had done! unfortunatey a young wizard put an end to his plot in dargonspyre, and malistaires task was unfinished. In his rage, malistaire's spirit reawakened, and he came back to the world to complete his dastardly plot. a ghost though he was, he took enough form to be able to carry his staff, and fight in battle. the two finally met in a showdown in the new world. The power of the two fighting each other would be enough to destroy the whole spiral. morganthe claims that she was always stronger and saw no point in trying to achieve malistaires attemp at his wife's resurrection. she said she was capable of much greater things. you must go to this new world to stop their epic battle from destorying the spiral! malistaire agrees to be her minion to destroy " the pest that is the reason we are in this mess! " i will help you destroy this pest once and for all, to honor what friendship we used to have. And then morganthe, i will teach you not to abandon me in my time of need! feel what it's like to be betrayed!" malistaire says. The final showdown between wizard and morganthe is finally at hand!

Something like that anyway. I think that would bring the old game back a little.
As for storm, the waterworks gear makes storm spells fizzling not possible, and storm still has around 25% universal resist. i think a cool addition would be to give storm, and storm only, an exra pip. they say that storms only chance of survival is striking first before they take too much damage. so what if storm school got a storm school only wand that gave them 2 pips instead of one. so at the start of a battle, a storm wizard would have three power pips.


good idea, we could use a little bit of the old game back, and less long, boring boss battles. :D

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3171
gtafreak101 wrote:
Ok let me first start off with saying how twisted the storyline ALREADY was in ZF, Avalon only made things more confusing. The new spells are EXTREME. They killed pvp. Gurdian's Spirit (don't remember what its called) made life IMMORTAL. I was pvping on my storm, win with Levy, then before I know it, I see the battle isn't over. I had never seen that spell because usually I pvp on my noobs. When I saw that happen, I litterly fled. No joke. As bad as Storm's resist was already, a 10% pierce blade? Seriously. Storm already has the low health and low accuracy. The last thing we needed was to have our little resist near gone.


Well, I don't PvP, but I think it was wrong of you to flee, in that situation. Guardian Spirit has already been nerfed, and the caster, if s/he has 4000 health, only gets 600 back (unless s/he criticals); you, as a Storm wiz, could have easily finished the fight with a Storm Shark, so I don't understand what you're so afraid of. Not only did you blow the rewards, for both yourself AND the other player, but that also gives the impression that you were either too lazy or scared to alter your strategy.

But yeah, you're right... the plot is messed up, bigtime.

gtafreak101 wrote:
Ice's resist. Over 80% to Fire and Storm. Unbelieveable. Not even the 10% blade can help with that. Ridculous. Now I know they are a weak school, but with high health and resist, they are almost like Life. Immortal.


To anyone who's not Ice, this does seem kinda ridic. I have a level 18 thaumaturge on my alt, who has almost the same health as my level 48 Storm wizard... Sure, it's compensation for their "low" base damage, but anyone who's seen a transcendent/archmage Ice wizard in action knows that this is total bunk. When blades and buffs are added into the equation, Ice can hit just as hard as Storm can.

From a PvP perspective, I would imagine that trying to get through all that resistance (especially for the other elemental schools) would be quite annoying. I mean, a critical levy or Sirens wouldn't even put a dent in the other guy's armour, whereas a critical mammoth would probably be lights-out for a Fire or Storm wiz.

Even in PvE, Ice is a tough kill... but not immortal. To make it easier on yourself, stack Steal Ward TCs (take their shields for yourself), Pierce, and Tower Shields, and try to find gear with armour piercing.

gtafreak101 wrote:
My sub has ended 2 days ago, and if KI thinks I'm getting it back, far wrong. I love Wizard101, but I will say this no matter who agrees or disagrees. The game was killed after Malistare. Over. Dead.


I agree. I adore this game but, in my humble opinion, it has been over since my first wizard offed Malistaire... three of them have beaten him so far, and knowing how it ends has totally killed it for the others (bad pun intended).

That arc was well-written, and so beautiful in its twistedness... the Morganthe storyline is just weird, like whoever wrote it was trying too hard to one-up Malistaire... or was in the third grade, maybe both (no offense to the third-graders who are actually good writers).

And then, there was this guy (girl?):

brickhead12 wrote:


...Morganthe is his cousin and morganthe promised to help malistaire bring back his wife then abandoned him for her own desires. furious with her, malistaire plotted, that once he had brought synthia back, he would hunt down morganthe and get revenge for what she had done! unfortunatey a young wizard put an end to his plot in dargonspyre, and malistaires task was unfinished. In his rage, malistaire's spirit reawakened, and he came back to the world to complete his dastardly plot. a ghost though he was, he took enough form to be able to carry his staff, and fight in battle. the two finally met in a showdown in the new world. The power of the two fighting each other would be enough to destroy the whole spiral. morganthe claims that she was always stronger and saw no point in trying to achieve malistaires attemp at his wife's resurrection. she said she was capable of much greater things. you must go to this new world to stop their epic battle from destorying the spiral! malistaire agrees to be her minion to destroy " the pest that is the reason we are in this mess! " i will help you destroy this pest once and for all, to honor what friendship we used to have. And then morganthe, i will teach you not to abandon me in my time of need! feel what it's like to be betrayed!"


OMG. Brickhead, you are a genius! If you don't have an account on Central, go make one (naow) and post this as a fan-fic. I'll even edit it for you~ that fight would be one for the ages, and I'd love to see how it ends!

(Dear KI, please use this for some future world, in which Sylvia and Malistaire make a comeback... I love them both to bits! And, while you're at it, Brickhead should win a prize for his (her?) awesome creative abilities!)

gtafreak101 wrote:
Now after the twisted story line from CL and ZF, AV just made me want to turn the game off and uninstall the shortcut. I am frusterated with KI. They turned a wonderful game into a confusing game of Clue.


You just dissed Clue! That's it, we can't be friends... LOL.

I hated (and still hate) Celestia. I have 2 wizards- Sestiva (Storm/48) and Val (Death/54) in that world, and I want them out of there, ASAP. In fact, I'm going to focus on getting Val through ToTS and into Zaf, before Sestiva goes any further.

Zaf and Avalon weren't as bad, but I digress. The plot is nonexistent, and I really don't like the cheating bosses... casual gamers definitely got left in the dust this time. It didn't kill the game, per se, but the fact that there's no plot does make all of the grinding seem rather... tedious.

gtafreak101 wrote:
I feel sry for the kids under 10 that play this game.


Me too, fellow wizard. Me too.

Happy travels,
El Veeb/Shadowsong/Val/Sestiva
archmage sorceress, necro grandmaster, & master diviner.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2161
Ok, before this gets out of hand as we have already seen with the issue over GS, Please take a step back and breathe.

Gtafreak101, the spell you saw was Guardian Spirit. This is the spells that has created the biggest rift in the wizard community. Ice is and always has been high in resist and health. They are the hardest school to train and the hardest to defeat. Look at it as an Ice storm in real life, It hits and sticks around for a few days or so. The only way for it to go away is for the temperature to get warm enough to melt it off.

Avalon didn't kill the game. It did bring out the fact that there are some problems that need to be fixed before the next world is added. There is a whole community of which several have in the course of the last few days come to realize, we do have a problem.

The game has become unbalanced and that started at an increasing rate when CL was added to the game. As ZF and Avalon were added, the gap became wider.

The story line isn't twisted. The problem here is that instead of it advancing on a gradual incline, it took a broad jump. Like trying to jump the Grand Canyon without a plane or a rocket to actually get you there.

Flash33 is right. Not everything is about or the fault of PvP. A lot of the problems are there because some of us from PvE, requested harder bosses, mobs and dungeons from KI. KI gave it to us and the spells to go with it. The fact that those spells don't appear to be OP in PvE, is because they aren't. But when this happened, it threw the whole game out of balance.

PvP and PvE are supposed to be a community as a WHOLE, not separate.
Both areas of the game should be fun for everyone. Yes, we do have a LOT of kids that play this game. The example that some of us(including Myself) has set over the last few weeks regarding the GS issue is one that I wish had never happened. It is the worst example I have ever seen set forth to young players..... How are the supposed to react when we can't act responsibly.

@Moribund, No, PvP was not always broken and would not be now if it weren't for the PvE aspect of the game. KI has given what was asked for and it was wrong.(read a couple of paragraphs above). There are some that do need to either leave PvP or clean their act up. There are some PvP social groups that are working hard to get this taken care of.

Gtafreak101, Part of the problem is that we have too many cheating bosses now. That needs to slow down and some that are already in place need to be modified a little.

CL, ZF and Avalon need to have some of those bosses and dungeons scaled down enough to reduce the gap that has torn the game apart. There are some on Central that are trying to bring the community back together as much as possible before the damage destroys the game that we all love. Our wizards are supposed to grow as a child would, but instead, with the last 3 worlds, it was as I said before, trying to jump the Grand Canyon with the proper tools to do so.

For any of you that is interested in helping to heal our community and the game please visit the following link. But please be aware, that thread is not for arguing or debating issues. It is there to try to find solutions that we can present to KI and hopefully fix it before the next world is added. If we don't, the problems are going to get worse. So Please REJOIN the wizarding community and help.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290895

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
First of all, only Guardian Spirit seemed overpowered to me. I'm sure further action will be taken against it, so hang in there. If it's the storyline, I think it's pretty good in my opinion. I also don't know what complaining about it here is going to do, I'd say get a Wizard through Malistaire and just do PvP with level limits. Problem solved. Or, you can go ahead and quit. Won't do anything, but maybe you'll be happier.

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
58
gtafreak101 wrote:
flash33 wrote:
Ok, first off, not everything is about pvp, and not everyone does pvp either. Guardian spirit may bring someone back from 0 health, but that said player will have low pips and health as well as no charms or wards on them.

I also don't see how the game was "killed" after malistaire. Is it because the enemies became smarter and now don't make it easy for you to beat them?

How is the storyline twisted to you? Is it because of all the running around you have to do? If thats the case, then its really no different than the first chapter/malistaire arc.

For the resist, yes its gone overboard, but as you go through the game you have to expect people to get stronger, and for the resist, that's what the armor piercing is for, to help reduce the resistance.

Instead of listing a bunch of complaints, try offering solutions to what you think/feel are problems in the game. That will also help people understand your side of the situation too.


The game had less meaning after Malistare is what I am saying. After we killed him, the game just seem to stop being "good." With CL's added critical took away the only shield to balance, the tower. I mean that in both PVP and the CL bosses. Zf added pierce. There goes the resist.

I feel that CL SHOULD HAVE been a return to a "cheating" Malistare.

I know the game isn't only about PVP. But, I find it very funny that my rank is under 350 lol. If it was about PVP, I would have been gone.

Im not saying I didn't understand the story line. I know ZF was finding the students, but everything seemedt to have different meaning. I started skipping dialouge in Avalon. :?
out of all places you start skipping dialouge in Avalon?

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
191
gtafreak101 wrote:
Ok let me first start off with saying how twisted the storyline ALREADY was in ZF, Avalon only made things more confusing. The new spells are EXTREME. They killed pvp. Gurdian's Spirit (don't remember what its called) made life IMMORTAL. I was pvping on my storm, win with Levy, then before I know it, I see the battle isn't over. I had never seen that spell because usually I pvp on my noobs. When I saw that happen, I litterly fled. No joke. As bad as Storm's resist was already, a 10% pierce blade? Seriously. Storm already has the low health and low accuracy. The last thing we needed was to have our little resist near gone.

Ice's resist. Over 80% to Fire and Storm. Unbelieveable. Not even the 10% blade can help with that. Ridculous. Now I know they are a weak school, but with high health and resist, they are almost like Life. Immortal.

My sub has ended 2 days ago, and if KI thinks I'm getting it back, far wrong. I love Wizard101, but I will say this no matter who agrees or disagrees. The game was killed after Malistare. Over. Dead.

Now after the twisted story line from CL and ZF, AV just made me want to turn the game off and uninstall the shortcut. I am frusterated with KI. They turned a wonderful game into a confusing game of Clue.

I feel sry for the kids under 10 that play this game.


Think of it this way, all that mage training just to stop Malistaire? You ought to be better off taking down any other enemy that the spiral brings to your table. I don't see why Avalon killed anything. With tweaks ongoing everywhere it can only get better, Avalon has a great storyline and have wonderful NPC and enemy design characters to boot.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
@goldendragon18,

I disagree that the storyline and new content are the problem here.

The complaints are the problem, and the way KI handles them exacerbates the issue. Since CL, the loudest voices in the Spiral come from from a certain spot in Unicorn Way via organized protests that are then spammed in these forums.

Yet the larger problem is not even that, it's this: KI has mistakenly allowed one small segment of the community to dictate the game experience for all of us. It's a case of giving a child an inch, and then s/he takes a mile, to quote a cliche. KI has neglected to set boundaries for players, and now the loudest ones have taken over, expect to maintain their position of power, and KI continues to allow it.

I do not agree that the storyline content is overly difficult, nor are the bosses unfair. Those complaints come from people who don't want to linger, who want to blow through new content in matter of hours so they can go to PvP and show off their new spells and gear. I like a good challenge to hone my skill, I like to linger for several weeks in new content, I like to take my time and savor the newness. I don't want to see any more towers, dungeons, bosses simplified, or spells nerfed because they might add time to someone's questing.

The story could use further development, actually. We need a knitting together of the CL arc with the WC arc. We need to know how all of these evil beings are connected to one another AND if they are somehow connected to US as Ravenwood students. We need backstory.

We also need for KI to address the concerns of the PvE community and make a show of good faith that our power inequity will be resolved in a satisfactory way. I feel skepticism that this will ever be resolved until the PvP system is overhauled and the essential frailties are rooted out. I think that this comes down to whether KI truly values its family base, or caters to the hard core players.

I'm intensely curious about this. Can't wait to see the responses from our professors :)

Oh, and goldendragon18, I don't entirely disagree with you. But I do not fully believe the current show of good will at Central is genuine. I require proof. Words are so easy, but actions speak volumes.

Happy Day,

Qbb/Iridian

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
333
queenlybluebean wrote:
@goldendragon18,

I disagree that the storyline and new content are the problem here.

The complaints are the problem, and the way KI handles them exacerbates the issue. Since CL, the loudest voices in the Spiral come from from a certain spot in Unicorn Way via organized protests that are then spammed in these forums.

Yet the larger problem is not even that, it's this: KI has mistakenly allowed one small segment of the community to dictate the game experience for all of us. It's a case of giving a child an inch, and then s/he takes a mile, to quote a cliche. KI has neglected to set boundaries for players, and now the loudest ones have taken over, expect to maintain their position of power, and KI continues to allow it.

I do not agree that the storyline content is overly difficult, nor are the bosses unfair. Those complaints come from people who don't want to linger, who want to blow through new content in matter of hours so they can go to PvP and show off their new spells and gear. I like a good challenge to hone my skill, I like to linger for several weeks in new content, I like to take my time and savor the newness. I don't want to see any more towers, dungeons, bosses simplified, or spells nerfed because they might add time to someone's questing.

The story could use further development, actually. We need a knitting together of the CL arc with the WC arc. We need to know how all of these evil beings are connected to one another AND if they are somehow connected to US as Ravenwood students. We need backstory.

We also need for KI to address the concerns of the PvE community and make a show of good faith that our power inequity will be resolved in a satisfactory way. I feel skepticism that this will ever be resolved until the PvP system is overhauled and the essential frailties are rooted out. I think that this comes down to whether KI truly values its family base, or caters to the hard core players.

I'm intensely curious about this. Can't wait to see the responses from our professors :)

Oh, and goldendragon18, I don't entirely disagree with you. But I do not fully believe the current show of good will at Central is genuine. I require proof. Words are so easy, but actions speak volumes.

Happy Day,

Qbb/Iridian


I agree AND disagree. I do agree that they shouldn't nerf the game anymore, but the other issues just remain there.

I love fighting bosses, but the cheating ones... eh....

I wouldnt want to see them nerf the health and spells and etc.

However, you must understand, I am stating MY opinion.

Ravenwood commons: Talk about current game.

I am not trying to dictate anything here, I am just stating things that should be changed, and why I am angry about it.


Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2161
Queenlybluebean, I can understand what you are saying and to a degree agree with some of it.

Like you,I take my time going through a new world. I stop to smell the roses so to speak. Since my highest wizards are currently in the Drum Jungle, I can't comment on the difficulty of Avalon. I was a little surprised at seeing some street mobs with health over 3000 in the Jungle, but not overly so.

It is very possible that we do need a backstory. There was a fairly large leap when CL was added. Since the arcs were not linked, this could very well be an area that could fix some of the problems.

As for KI addressing the concerns of the PvE part of the game, They have given us a lot of the things that was asked for. In the process, the balance of the game as a whole was neglected. The new worlds that are being added is taking our wizards by leaps and bounds. We as young wizards are still learning to walk. We should not be trying to jump the Grand Canyon as yet. We will eventually but we have to grow at a steady rate as a child does and not the wide jumps that we have been doing with these new worlds. By the same token, PvP should be moving at the same rate. It isn't. PvE has left PvP behind therefore creating a gap in the community that is just getting wider. If this continues, how long is it going to be before the game as a whole is no longer a fun place for players of ALL AGES.

I honestly think KI does value the family values. They gave us the tools to use just for that reason. But, in reality the voices being heard are not that of the young players but that of the adults. Many of the young players don't know exactly how to put their concerns or ideas into a really understandable train of thought in order for some of us or the KI staff to make a lot of sense out of it. We understand IRL what our children are trying to tell us, but for them to explain it here or on Central is a little difficult. The adult world has taken over the game but in the wrong direction.

PvP can't be fixed unless some adjustments are made in PvE. I am sorry to say, I was right in the middle of arguing this last change to GS. I did PvP some when I first started playing W101. I like many others have at least 2 accounts with wizards from all schools but Ice, and still have room for one. I have also had the time to go back and look at all that has taken place and realized that if I decide to go back to the arena, I do want it to be fair. I think you would feel the same.

The show of good will on Central is a start and it is seriously needed. If the community does not come together and very soon, the problems will just get worse with the next world that KI is already working on. The community did not used to be divided like it is now. Only we as the wizarding community can mend it. If we don't, I don't think it will be worth the time and money that all paying members have already vested into it. Whether a player PvPs or not, we as a community need to take a look at both sides of that invisible fence and figure out how to tear it down. There will have to be concessions, but nothing that is major.

I do hope you will at least join those of us trying to make a better environment and help with the ideas. Yes, words are easy, but discussions have to take place before actions can be taken.

To my knowledge, you and I have not disagreed very often and have always respected each others opinions. And I do respect yours. I would just like to ask you to please give this a chance to help make this game fun again.

respectfully
Fallon WinterLeaf (and hopefully a friend)

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
Fallon,

I replied to your last message on my Subservience post.

I'm not going to argue this topic anymore. It is making me mad, and I don't like to be mad. I play this game to have fun, enjoy some brain candy, challenge my abilities. If the problems with PvP dictating the terms of all game play continue, I'll take that as my cue to go elsewhere. I'm not paying to play as a second class citizen in the Great Spiral.

If things go better than I expect, of course I will be happy to contribute to harmony in our community. I will not, however, accept a servile position to a few players who have lots and lots of time on their hands.

I'm stubborn this way. Little lady, big attitude

Best wishes,

Qbb/Iridian

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
329
Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
305
Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
gtafreak101 wrote:
Ok let me first start off with saying how twisted the storyline ALREADY was in ZF, Avalon only made things more confusing. The new spells are EXTREME. They killed pvp. Gurdian's Spirit (don't remember what its called) made life IMMORTAL. I was pvping on my storm, win with Levy, then before I know it, I see the battle isn't over. I had never seen that spell because usually I pvp on my noobs. When I saw that happen, I litterly fled. No joke. As bad as Storm's resist was already, a 10% pierce blade? Seriously. Storm already has the low health and low accuracy. The last thing we needed was to have our little resist near gone.

Ice's resist. Over 80% to Fire and Storm. Unbelieveable. Not even the 10% blade can help with that. Ridculous. Now I know they are a weak school, but with high health and resist, they are almost like Life. Immortal.

My sub has ended 2 days ago, and if KI thinks I'm getting it back, far wrong. I love Wizard101, but I will say this no matter who agrees or disagrees. The game was killed after Malistare. Over. Dead.

Now after the twisted story line from CL and ZF, AV just made me want to turn the game off and uninstall the shortcut. I am frusterated with KI. They turned a wonderful game into a confusing game of Clue.

I feel sry for the kids under 10 that play this game.


First off I agree the Malistaire arc is extremely good, but Avalon didn't ruin the game. PvP really has nothing to do with it. The utility spells are better than getting rank 10 spells honestly. I'm now a full time PvE player, and I know from past PvPing that PvP was ruined since crits came out. PvE is the main aspect of the game no matter what. Done with that.

Avalon Story:

Morganthe went there in the first place to keep the main character from obtaining the Sword of Kings. Why? Because she knew Ambrose would of sent hero to obtain the it and it was the key to defeating her. The best way to stop this was to bring the realm into ruin. Pretty smart, huh?

Zafaria Story:

Morganthe's home realm. If I'm correct it would of revealed to hero how to defeat Morganthe and her army. It also held her Deck of Shadows. If hero retrieved it she could be defeated without the Sword of Kings. She returned to bring chaos to Zafaria and retrieve her Deck of Shadows. Morganthe was successful.

Celestia Story:

Morganthe began to rise to power. Why wouldn't Ambrose send hero, who had just defeated the most powerful wizard in the Spiral, Malistaire. Hero arrives and learns the concept of critical and obtains new powers. Overall Morganthe leaves Cl completing what she came to do, which was to create her army.

Overall the score is Morganthe: 2 wins (ZF and Cl) Hero/Heroine: 1 win (Av)

Aaron Drakewalker Archmage Pyromancer

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
66
i know i don't post much on the forums, but i go on almost every day and read lots of posts. i have been playing for about 4 years now and i think most of us all feel the same way. we just want our old game back. the cheating bosses HAVE gotten out of hand, and i think KI should have just limited them to end-of-the-world bosses. yes, pvp is pretty much broken, but you don't NEED to do pvp to have fun in the game. i almost never pvp, and i still absolutely love this game. i do think that they shouldn't have killed off Malistaire that fast. i mean, it's not too late to fix it by bringing him back. his spirit or something, like brickhead12 said. i always thought Malistaire's storyline was put together great, well thought out and epic. Morganthe's story line comes off as kinda plain to me. i also always thought that the two villains had some sort of realation to each other because of the M's. i really do hope that Malistaire and Sylvia do come back, because i do love both of them. the problem with the balance between the schools is that their characteristics were fine before CL came out, but as the game progressed and the enemies got harder, i saw that the school that was thought to be the best even started to weaken (storm), and the school that was supposedly the weakest actually came up to be the beginning of the congo line (ice). i do hope that KI will somehow figure out a way to balance out the schools once again. as for myth, it's forever dead. it's a rare school with ugly attacks, and although i think it's the coolest because it's the most myserious with interesting attacks, no one wants to be it. it doesnt really have lots of benefits either. so yes, once again, i think all of us just long to have our old game back.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
345
goldendragon18 wrote:

If this continues, how long is it going to be before the game as a whole is no longer a fun place for players of ALL AGES.

I honestly think KI does value the family values. They gave us the tools to use just for that reason. But, in reality the voices being heard are not that of the young players but that of the adults. Many of the young players don't know exactly how to put their concerns or ideas into a really understandable train of thought in order for some of us or the KI staff to make a lot of sense out of it. We understand IRL what our children are trying to tell us, but for them to explain it here or on Central is a little difficult. The adult world has taken over the game but in the wrong direction.


Many of my adult friends quit when CL came out. The game became to much like a second job for them. The leap in difficulty threw them. The fun factor left, fun was the reason they played. They wanted the mild challenges they thought would be found in an E10+, family friendly game.

Kids and the game have been the topic of many of my posts. Adults and kids often operate on two separate plains when it comes to patience. My son quit in the Science Center. The Water Maton quest did him in. Fighting the same creatures over and over for days on end did him in. I recently did that quest again. It frustrated me but I kept on until it was over. The game changed drastically for him when CL was added, not in a good way. He wanted to play and have fun not get stuck and frustrated. He now plays in bits and pieces.

I don't see many players I can easily identify as kids in upper level worlds any more. That doesn't mean they are not there. I just don't think there are as many. They are being left behind.

I would prefer we adults and those who want challenge to make our own. We can use lesser gear and pets. I would kids to be able to play the game easily and to have fun. We tend to see things through our eyes. My daughters disabilities have taught me to see things through anothers eyes.

Megan

Champion
May 03, 2011
447
I thought awhile before posting anything here, but I have been thinking about the game and how it has changed for me, personally. Like a few people here, I actually loved the storyline of Avalon and all the Python/classic rock references and jokes. I am a professional medievalist who has written extensively on Arthurian literature, so that part is really fun for me. Many of the cultural references are geared toward older people who remember Python, know who the Pogues are, and all that. All good.

That said, the feel of the game has changed a lot. Animosity over PvP isn't that much of an issue for me--I tried PvP, realized it wasn't my thing, and I'm happy with that. But as I posted elsewhere, many things are not fun anymore. Crafting has become an arduous, herculean task with the intro of new, extremely elusive gardened reagents. Hatching pets, which used to be fun for me, is now very frustrating--and I have three pets that most would consider "perfect." It's helping others that is hard, owing to the weird, inscrutable probabilities at work in the hatchery. So maybe that's just me, and my frustration with the dynamics of this aspect of the game.

But the biggest change goes back to something Megan said. Avalon is not for kids. My son, who is my very favorite gaming partner, dropped out of the game after ZF. He tried to craft the tag game--no amber. He tried to craft gear for his Fire--but lost patience with all the sunstones and aether he had to get. And all this after painstakingly leveling to Legendary Artisan. I miss him as a questing buddy, and I miss having younger kids in the game (he's 11). But Avalon is too hard, requires too much gear/pet enhancement, for a kid who just likes to play casually. So gradually the game has started to feel...lonely. I know a lot of teens and young adults are running around Avalon having fun. But I think for people at either end of that age spectrum--the young, and the parents who don't have time to work endlessly on gardening, hatching, crafting, etc., because they have jobs and only play casually--it's less fun. Avalon is more for the hardcore gamer type, I guess. I am halfway through on three of my wizards, but I don't know if I have the energy, will, etc. to finish.

I still like Avalon and the story. But there is more going on in my life right now than just the game, and I don't have time to deal with how labor-intensive it's become. I guess I'd like to see a new, fun, mid-level side world at some point. About level 40-50, with some hard stuff but a lot of new fun things to do that don't require grinding or an extreme amount of good luck.

Just my two cents.

1