Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Healers that dont know how to heal

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
360
Tonight i watched a life wizard use hitting spells while those around him died. The player evidently does not understand or know what lifes responsibilty in a fight is. I wonder how many others like him are out there.
Life was not intended to be a fighter but a healer. His job in a fight is to keep everyone in the fight. How many can heal and fight at same time with four large bosses to kill? Not a wizard in this game can. Their pets might but the pets take the place of the life wizards job and can not heal as good.
It is a shame and black eye and mark on a life wizard that will kill instead of heal. I have two life wizards and they are geared with clothes and things to improve their healing not killing.
Tonight when i died in the tower there was none to blame but the life wizard assigned to keeping the group alive. Dont expect me to keep you as friend on list if you want to let others die so you can kill. I have removed two wizards now because of this very thing.
If you have plans on making a life wizard and you enjoy hitting in the game then i suggest you make a storm, fire or anything but a life. Because few can understand the role Life plays in a fight. I look for life wizards that understand their importance in the game.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
235
Yes, life wizards have a major role of healing in the game. But it is not all they do. If they are questing alone and are joined by others, they may not be prepared to heal large groups. If you are working with a group of folks you know, make sure the roles expected from the players is established before hand. I often play a life wizard and quest with others that are. Sometimes the life wizard gets the kill, sometimes the wizard gets the healing done. If you are fighting death enemies, a life wizard can't be beat for the attack boost. It is all about communication, sharing of roles, and abilities and making sure everyone is happy with their roles. A good life wizard knows when and how to do both roles. But it is not your place to assign them a role.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4952
Darkblood1 wrote:
Tonight i watched a life wizard use hitting spells while those around him died. The player evidently does not understand or know what lifes responsibilty in a fight is. I wonder how many others like him are out there.
Life was not intended to be a fighter but a healer. His job in a fight is to keep everyone in the fight. How many can heal and fight at same time with four large bosses to kill? Not a wizard in this game can. Their pets might but the pets take the place of the life wizards job and can not heal as good.
It is a shame and black eye and mark on a life wizard that will kill instead of heal. I have two life wizards and they are geared with clothes and things to improve their healing not killing.
Tonight when i died in the tower there was none to blame but the life wizard assigned to keeping the group alive. Dont expect me to keep you as friend on list if you want to let others die so you can kill. I have removed two wizards now because of this very thing.
If you have plans on making a life wizard and you enjoy hitting in the game then i suggest you make a storm, fire or anything but a life. Because few can understand the role Life plays in a fight. I look for life wizards that understand their importance in the game.

Um, I've got a wake up call for you...life is not responsible for healing you. YOU are. YOU were given the pixie spell like everyone else.

I will heal those around me, but it's not my responsibility. At all. I am there to fight and win just like everyone else. And nothing ticks me off more than someone who friends me to just heal them. They don't last long as friends, that's for sure.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
28
I agree with both responses. If you go into a tower with a life person, you should probably make it clear that you would like their role to be the healer. That way they can prepare their deck.

I have a legend life char, and have pretty much soloed the entire game. I was in Celestia fighting one of the pylon bosses in Stormriven, alone, when another wizard jumped into the fight. My deck was set for solo, not for group, but I thought what the heck. I explained that boss's rules (the one who novas you if you throw a spell that's more than 4 pips) and the other wizard said 'I know the rules' and 'okay'. Then he proceeded to set up and throw large attacks!

When we had been novaed a few times we were both low on health, he demanded that I heal him, and got very rude and nasty when I explained that he jumped into my battle uninvited, wasn't following the boss's rules and therefore bringing about these deadly attacks, and it really wasn't my responsibility to heal him. I got an eyeful very similar to the original post here; I was life, therefore it was my job to heal! Forget that! Maybe if he had been polite, asked to join, followed the rules, and then asked me to heal him nicely I would have. As it was, I was pretty unhappy with his accusations and assumptions. I allowed myself to die, then fled.

No school has a 'purpose'. We are all given attacks, we are all given supportive and healing spells. I have found balance and death characters who are great support and healers, if they know that's what they are in for. Likewise I have met many Life chars who are doing it solo.

Communicate. Don't assume. Ask, don't demand. Play fair, and have fun.

Erica Spiritthief
Legendary Theurgist
just starting Zafaria - SOLO

Historian
May 01, 2010
665
On my life, I used to frequently farm the waterworks, and with my combo of 41 outgoing/21 incoming (stellar signet+ celestian ring of power I think), I could heal fairly well in there, but what made me kind of stray from healing, is a fair amount of people dont care about it. What i mean by that, is they dont even THINK about having incoming heal boost, and when i cant heal them suffeciently enough, they start to get REALLY mad, I understand that not all people are like this, but it is why I 1, carry empowers now (the armor peircing glitch is still on them btw) and 2, I pack my deck biasing attacking, not healing, like I used to.

You shouldnt delete someone on something so trivial as not healing you, why you might ask? Because, maybe they discarded heals because they were needed as a temporary attacker, looking for attacks, maybe some werent in his hand, remember, if you die, and the healer kills, you will have to start the guy over. If you die, and the healer dies along with you, trying to heal you guys, you have to start over. Whichever way, you are going to start over, unless he/she is successful in healing, of course.

Now, one final word, there is a time for healing, and a time for attacking, every life should have learned that by the time they are AT LEAST master, if not, then life really isnt for them. Also, I am guessing that your life characters were made AFTER your first one? If so, that would explain your thoughts. If anyone wants to create a life character, I suggest not playing on your others for a while, until you fully master life, keep an open mind, and do NOT go into the life school thinking you know exactly what to do, what the school is (*cough* and be carful of leaches, as RavenLady777 mentioned*) Off topic, sorta, but it would be cool if for life's next, or an upcoming spell, a healing X pip AoE...

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
84
Aritako wrote:
Yes, life wizards have a major role of healing in the game. But it is not all they do. If they are questing alone and are joined by others, they may not be prepared to heal large groups. If you are working with a group of folks you know, make sure the roles expected from the players is established before hand. I often play a life wizard and quest with others that are. Sometimes the life wizard gets the kill, sometimes the wizard gets the healing done. If you are fighting death enemies, a life wizard can't be beat for the attack boost. It is all about communication, sharing of roles, and abilities and making sure everyone is happy with their roles. A good life wizard knows when and how to do both roles. But it is not your place to assign them a role.
I agree being life i take offence to the fact that you act like we cant fight dude i could probobly beat you in a battle i beat a lvl 60 at lvl 31 i think that means we can fight.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
245
This just shows that there is a need for a better tutorial with more detail. I would suggest guilds for the schools which could help teach, but I find that they cause more harm if they are not regulated.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
11
RavenLady777 wrote:
Darkblood1 wrote:
Tonight i watched a life wizard use hitting spells while those around him died. The player evidently does not understand or know what lifes responsibilty in a fight is. I wonder how many others like him are out there.
Life was not intended to be a fighter but a healer. His job in a fight is to keep everyone in the fight. How many can heal and fight at same time with four large bosses to kill? Not a wizard in this game can. Their pets might but the pets take the place of the life wizards job and can not heal as good.
It is a shame and black eye and mark on a life wizard that will kill instead of heal. I have two life wizards and they are geared with clothes and things to improve their healing not killing.
Tonight when i died in the tower there was none to blame but the life wizard assigned to keeping the group alive. Dont expect me to keep you as friend on list if you want to let others die so you can kill. I have removed two wizards now because of this very thing.
If you have plans on making a life wizard and you enjoy hitting in the game then i suggest you make a storm, fire or anything but a life. Because few can understand the role Life plays in a fight. I look for life wizards that understand their importance in the game.

Um, I've got a wake up call for you...life is not responsible for healing you. YOU are. YOU were given the pixie spell like everyone else.

I will heal those around me, but it's not my responsibility. At all. I am there to fight and win just like everyone else. And nothing ticks me off more than someone who friends me to just heal them. They don't last long as friends, that's for sure.


I agree. Ill tell you what.. Life wizards are not obligated to heal you. The only time a Life wizard should be healing is for tough dungeons.

A Life Wizard has potential to put out crazy damage and there is nothing i like better then being in party with a battle life wizard. Even in waterworks

1 life wizard healer
1 attack life
1 balance
1 storm

Waterworks is destroyed.

Why do people think it is life's responcibility to heal you? and you should always bring your own heals and ask them if they are going to heal if in trouble.

we all know what happens when you asume something.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2634
I am a Life Wizard and I have soloed most of the game so I am not very good at the role of healer, I am more of a lean mean fighting machine, I need help with very few areas and usually am in fight with them when someone pops in to chat and throws a few hits that help me finish it off. I have helped many but they call me when they want it dead mainly. Of all my time as one I have only played life support twice in WaterWorks, one of those times a Life wizard ran sun spot all the way though, the other time another life wizard shared the role and we bladed each other depending on who had the pips for a hit and a storm ran sun spot. I have noticed a lot of life wizards have worked gear better then me and are quite a bit more powerful so I should work on that.

Other wizards under estimate the power of life school and that their role in the game may not have been intended to keep other wizards playing. I know I did not start my Life wizard to make it so it's an easy time for other schools to play. As I am progressing I actually find I like to pair up with another Life wizard for my major fights because then I don't need any other player, I don't get the heal me demand, that is usually when they are down a few hundred health and we never die in battle plus I can blade and trap up them or they do me and we make massive one hit kills of bosses and mobs faster.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
DarkBlood did state that this Life Wizard was one of his friends.
He also stated that they were in a dungeon.

Now, I know a lot of people like to hit and feel special, but when I play life, I feel special knowing everyone is at full health.

Yes, I love to hit and be powerful too, but when I am in the mood for that, I play my fire, storm, ice, death, or myth.

When I play balance, I usually blade others, unless we are fighting the same school, then I take over attacking.

When I play Life, my role is to heal, keep the party healthy and alive, so we are not all looking for red wisps.

Is it mandatory? no, of course not. But honestly, how many people does it take to kill the mobs? Why do 4 people need to have all their blades and use their rank 7, 8, or 9th spell to take out the enemies?

Most people do not stay on my friends list very long, because of these issues.

I for one, agree, there is a time and a place to attack or to heal, you should know your role when you decided which character you wanted to be.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
13
Anointed..where are you when my balance wizard wants to play waterworks?!! I usually get the cold shoulder, even though she's a level 70.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
26
WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!!!! Those people are mostly responsible for themselves dying, NOT the life person. They aren't responsible for you being irresponsible and not healing yourself. I'm a life wizard, and yes i usually heal my team mates during battle. And I find it offensive that you call us "healers" . It makes it sound like all we can do is heal. Trust me, we can do MUCH more than healing. It's not what we are "made" for as you say. Life wizards can do a lot of damage if they play their cards right. As of the life person not healing his/her team mates, that also doesnt make sense to me either. Did you ever think of the person not having enough pips? Or they hadn't drawn a healing card? Or maybe they re-did their deck for another battle and forgot to switch it out! I do that all the time. Try looking from the life persons point of view instead of complaining about it

xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxox,

Paige Ranbowleaf lvl 35 Life Wizard

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
Darkblood1 wrote:
Tonight i watched a life wizard use hitting spells while those around him died. The player evidently does not understand or know what lifes responsibilty in a fight is. I wonder how many others like him are out there.
Life was not intended to be a fighter but a healer. His job in a fight is to keep everyone in the fight. How many can heal and fight at same time with four large bosses to kill? Not a wizard in this game can. Their pets might but the pets take the place of the life wizards job and can not heal as good.
It is a shame and black eye and mark on a life wizard that will kill instead of heal. I have two life wizards and they are geared with clothes and things to improve their healing not killing.
Tonight when i died in the tower there was none to blame but the life wizard assigned to keeping the group alive. Dont expect me to keep you as friend on list if you want to let others die so you can kill. I have removed two wizards now because of this very thing.
If you have plans on making a life wizard and you enjoy hitting in the game then i suggest you make a storm, fire or anything but a life. Because few can understand the role Life plays in a fight. I look for life wizards that understand their importance in the game.


They have the option to heal or not. If I was the life I 'd probably get annoyed by the fact that the only reason they'd want me there is to keep them healed while to have all the fun by killing. You have pixie, just use it. If life was only about healing than why do they have attacks? Life can do as much damage as any pyromancer, diviner, or necromancer. If I had three people ordering me around and repeatedly telling me to heal them I'd just ignore them and keep killing or flee. You gotta remember healing draws more attention than hitting. So healing all three people would get the life killed right away. My fire wizard has 3,321 health and I've had close encounters to almost losing in a match because a life wouldn't heal, but I'd never force them to I just ask if they could heal me before I die.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
729
Life can attack all it wants when they go solo, but in a group, Life needs to heal the strongest players when need be so they can take out the enemy quickly. I don't mean to offend anybody, but Life guys need to realize when they need to leave the attacking to the attack schools.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
26
eggywig wrote:
Life can attack all it wants when they go solo, but in a group, Life needs to heal the strongest players when need be so they can take out the enemy quickly. I don't mean to offend anybody, but Life guys need to realize when they need to leave the attacking to the attack schools.

I think that is very rude. We are all attack schools with different strong points. And about healing the most powerful person, if he/she is the most powerful, why can't they heal themselves? Healing others isnt the main responsiblity of the Life Wizards. But, if everyone dies then yes I would expect them to heal someone, unless (as i said before) they dont have enough pips or they havent drawn the card. Gosh people let's just STOP this arguement. All the schools are great, and yes life should heal, but it isnt there full responsibility to heal someone who was irresponsible enough to die. THERE. Let's just stop there.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox,

Paige Rainbowleaf lvl 37 Life Wizard

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
36
Imahippie10 wrote:
WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!!!! Those people are mostly responsible for themselves dying, NOT the life person. They aren't responsible for you being irresponsible and not healing yourself. I'm a life wizard, and yes i usually heal my team mates during battle. And I find it offensive that you call us "healers" . It makes it sound like all we can do is heal. Trust me, we can do MUCH more than healing. It's not what we are "made" for as you say. Life wizards can do a lot of damage if they play their cards right. As of the life person not healing his/her team mates, that also doesnt make sense to me either. Did you ever think of the person not having enough pips? Or they hadn't drawn a healing card? Or maybe they re-did their deck for another battle and forgot to switch it out! I do that all the time. Try looking from the life persons point of view instead of complaining about it

xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxox,

Paige Ranbowleaf lvl 35 Life Wizard


I don't know if you ever heard of the life spell called Gnomest. Anyway its a life spell of course its a level 68 spell. In the Waterworks I normally have people that heal that are life they heal and attack. They use gnomest or forest lord (Level 58 spell) and they do quite a lot so anyone whose calling life healers (not you) you're soooo wrong! Life are probably almost as strong as Storm maybe even stronger! They can heal also which probably makes them better than storm! I'm balance and I like life. I think life and Balance are almost the same!

Waterworks Warrior Isaac DragonThorn Level 68

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4952
eggywig wrote:
Life can attack all it wants when they go solo, but in a group, Life needs to heal the strongest players when need be so they can take out the enemy quickly. I don't mean to offend anybody, but Life guys need to realize when they need to leave the attacking to the attack schools.

You couldn't be more wrong. Life can and is strong, if played correctly. And players like you are the reason we don't heal. Don't expect us to heal you; as I said, you're perfectly capable of healing yourself.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
1
I really don't want to get into this "friendly" discussion too deeply, but what you may be forgetting is that this game is open to all ages. I'm giving myself away here, but when I play with my 10 yr old grandson, his primary interest is fighting, not healing (although, to be fair, he does heal me if I need the help! ). You sometimes get into a battle with a young wizard who doesn't understand what it means to work as a group instead of wanting to take the lead to be the hero of the piece. If they're not particular friends of yours, you can rarely tell the age of the wizards you're playing with in these quests. (There are of course, obvious signs; like when another wizard asks you to be his girlfriend. Flattering, but certainly not why I play the game. Or when they type that they'll be right back because they have to move their car! lol)
There's also the fact that we're not all at the same maturity level, no matter what our age. Needing to be the hero isn't exclusive to young children. : )
I am, by the way, a level 47 Life wizard, play mostly solo and help if it looks like I'm needed. It's probably got a lot to do with that "mothering instinct" thing. : )

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
203
I typed a big response to all this, but after I read it, it came down to one simple sentance: "Storm wizards need to get over themselves".

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
25
af6at wrote:
I typed a big response to all this, but after I read it, it came down to one simple sentance: "Storm wizards need to get over themselves".
I have the same problem with my life and balance blade me i need defences i need healing

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2179
Dragonblood1, did it ever occur to you that the other players may have just jumped into that Life wizards battle uninvited? I have been in that same situation myself. Ask before you join my battle, if accidentally pulled in, say sorry, but stay to finish it and I will heal you. If you jump in without asking, chances are you won't get healed.

Thank you to all the life wizards defending our school and abilities. WE ARE a figthing shool as well as healing. But don't abuse us.

I currently have a lvl 67 and 50 life wizards. I have also run them together in some very tough instances using the lvl 50 for healing purposes for the most part, but she will hit if necessary.

I have friends with life wizards and on a few occasions there were 2 of us helping others through WW. When we did that we took turns keeping the team healthy and being able to fight as well. One of us will take the first slot and the other one the last and the 2 center wizards are the main hitters. We life wizards like to fight to.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
17
24hourmama wrote:
I agree with both responses. If you go into a tower with a life person, you should probably make it clear that you would like their role to be the healer. That way they can prepare their deck.

I have a legend life char, and have pretty much soloed the entire game. I was in Celestia fighting one of the pylon bosses in Stormriven, alone, when another wizard jumped into the fight. My deck was set for solo, not for group, but I thought what the heck. I explained that boss's rules (the one who novas you if you throw a spell that's more than 4 pips) and the other wizard said 'I know the rules' and 'okay'. Then he proceeded to set up and throw large attacks!

When we had been novaed a few times we were both low on health, he demanded that I heal him, and got very rude and nasty when I explained that he jumped into my battle uninvited, wasn't following the boss's rules and therefore bringing about these deadly attacks, and it really wasn't my responsibility to heal him. I got an eyeful very similar to the original post here; I was life, therefore it was my job to heal! Forget that! Maybe if he had been polite, asked to join, followed the rules, and then asked me to heal him nicely I would have. As it was, I was pretty unhappy with his accusations and assumptions. I allowed myself to die, then fled.

No school has a 'purpose'. We are all given attacks, we are all given supportive and healing spells. I have found balance and death characters who are great support and healers, if they know that's what they are in for. Likewise I have met many Life chars who are doing it solo.

Communicate. Don't assume. Ask, don't demand. Play fair, and have fun.

Erica Spiritthief
Legendary Theurgist
just starting Zafaria - SOLO


I agree with you 100%. I also have a Life student that I just started he is a level 38. I have done everything in the game on my own with no help from any one yet, even the dungeons. My deck is set up for healing and fighting cause I don't know when some one will jump into one of my battles. I also have 2 other characters level 70 death, and level 70 storm. They are all good for fighting, and my life and death characters are awesome for fighting and healing.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
17
Imahippie10 wrote:
eggywig wrote:
Life can attack all it wants when they go solo, but in a group, Life needs to heal the strongest players when need be so they can take out the enemy quickly. I don't mean to offend anybody, but Life guys need to realize when they need to leave the attacking to the attack schools.

I think that is very rude. We are all attack schools with different strong points. And about healing the most powerful person, if he/she is the most powerful, why can't they heal themselves? Healing others isnt the main responsiblity of the Life Wizards. But, if everyone dies then yes I would expect them to heal someone, unless (as i said before) they dont have enough pips or they havent drawn the card. Gosh people let's just STOP this arguement. All the schools are great, and yes life should heal, but it isnt there full responsibility to heal someone who was irresponsible enough to die. THERE. Let's just stop there.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox,

Paige Rainbowleaf lvl 37 Life Wizard


I agree with Paige. It is not our responsibility to heal you or the powerful person in the group. They made a life school, that school gives out healing spells if you are having problems with people not healing you then I think you should go and make life your secondary school and get the healing spells so you can heal your self. And what if the so called healer is the strongest person in the group? And I mean the strongest as in attacks, healing and level. My life student is only level 38 for now, and I also have a level 70 storm and level 70 death. They all have important rolls ALL schools have rolls and it is YOUR responsibility to know how to use your own character.

Valkoor level 38 Life
Gavin Dreambreaker level 70 Storm
Blaze level 70 Death

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
14
Let me start off by saying this, Storm wizards have the greatest base damage. Therefore, they are naturally more battle-inclined. It just makes sense. I'm not saying there aren't exceptions to this, but in general that's the way it is. In exchange for the greatest damage, Storm wizards have the lowest health and success rate. Therefore, they are more vulnerable.

In Life wizards' cases, they have the lowest base damage. Therefore, they are naturally less battle-inclined. In exchange for the lowest damage, they have highest health and success rates. They are also the only school that has healing spells. If we look at that information, it makes sense that Life Wizard's main priority in group battles, should be healing their teammates when their health gets too low. When their teammates are not in danger of death, then they should be attacking. I won't deny that Life wizards do have strong offensive spells, but as they are the only school that has healing spells to that extent, that is their specialty and should be their main focus in group battles, along with the occasional offensive spell.

A lot of the Life wizards in this thread have been getting defensive, because they feel like people are calling them weak. Life wizards are NOT weak. They are JUST as strong as all the other schools, although their strength is in a different area, it's as simple as that.

- Nicole, level 57 Storm/Life
- Luke SkyWalker, level 38 Life


Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
327
I think this is annoying, every school has its own purpose for the team.

Fire- Getting rid of those pesky towers
Ice- An ice is one of the most important one on a team, shielding a team is an ices job
Storm- Their only there promarily to weaknen out opponents
Balance- Keep the group in a beat and help with any spell
Life- Also another important person on the team, keeping everyone alive to do their part
Myth- Help control other team's blades, shields, and traps
Death- Just like a balance, death has some boosts to everyone, also a back up healer if the life dies.

If everyone does their part, their team could be unstoppable, but when forest lord came out, life gave up a lot of heals, thinking they are strong, (though unless you enchant, ice and life are one of the weakest people), but with just a strong, elemental blade, and life blade with critical, lords hit about 3,300