Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Has KingsIsle EVER used a player's idea?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 29, 2010
I've always wondered if KI has ever used a player's submitted idea on the boards. Whether it was a spell, pet, pet snack, mount, weapon, house clothing item, etc. Has KingsIsle ever used a player's idea, and if so do they get something in return?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
achilles398 wrote:
I've always wondered if KI has ever used a player's submitted idea on the boards. Whether it was a spell, pet, pet snack, mount, weapon, house clothing item, etc. Has KingsIsle ever used a player's idea, and if so do they get something in return?

They've used mine several times. My last submission they used was for the Halloween booster packs. I suggested a Halloween themed booster pack with an epic Nightmare mount drop,and that's exactly what they came out with.
:D

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:
They've used mine several times. My last submission they used was for the Halloween booster packs. I suggested a Halloween themed booster pack with an epic Nightmare mount drop,and that's exactly what they came out with.
:D

Or they had it planned and you just happened to think of it and post your ideas beforehand? Just sayin'...

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I suggested rain of fire with the name volcano, and that came out with a nice tweak :D (damage was 275+675 though :P) Guess thats an achievement if I do say so myself ^-^

Community Leader
Of course they have.
Through out the 3+ years of playing I have seen many of the players suggestions used , from housing items to gardening. KingsIsle does listen to their players.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Off the top of my head, I can think of wand stiching..... Somewhere, in this forum, is a thread that was complaining about spending the money to get a crulians edge (spelling, the death sword in crowns shop, yellowish, pre-celestia), and he was asking if wand stiching could somehow be implimented. I think there was another one that they used, but cant remember it...

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
slammer111 wrote:
Off the top of my head, I can think of wand stiching..... Somewhere, in this forum, is a thread that was complaining about spending the money to get a crulians edge (spelling, the death sword in crowns shop, yellowish, pre-celestia), and he was asking if wand stiching could somehow be implimented. I think there was another one that they used, but cant remember it...
Yeah, wand stitching was a player made idea. Also, Sirens and Rain of Fire were created by players, though Sirens was inteded as a Myth spell.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Chimera is another fan requested spell, that KI implemented.

However, KI cannot legally attribute any ideas to players without soliciting a direct program. Example is the recent design a clothing constant. There KI specfically soliciting ideas from the community to be implemented later.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Yes, they use them, and no they never give anything in return.

Ideas they have used from me include: insane bolt, the three pip ice shield on everyone card, the pvp before play begins count down clock to allow players time to get into the match, housing portals, and likely a few other changes that I can't remember at this moment. All my suggestions were posted on the forum, so I know they read and take ideas from this forum.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
critical damage was also my suggestion, but so many other games have it that I forget that I suggested it shortly before it was implimented

Defender
May 29, 2011
They use some, but not a lot. Thay did use the stitching idea, i do know that. I bet they only use like 1/10 of the ideas actually submitted.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
achilles398 wrote:

they do use ideas from the message boards and if ya surf the pages a bit and find a post by me you will see that someone thinks they added a few items because i kinda suggested them although mine was for a christmas hoard pack it had a christmas tree plant in it then they released the boon tree plant
so yea they listen to there players and thats why we have cl because they listened to the message boards until they find something that they think will make the spiral more magical

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
Many players in around 2008 said to make an under water world. That did appear in 2011; Celestia. Therefore KI does use our ideas although the percentage of them is probably low.

Sean Fireblood lvl 70 Fire

See you in the spiral!

Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
Well my friend a couple of years ago did suggest the chimera spell to kingsile, he was really happy about it because it must take a long time to go through all of the ideas and comments or stuff like that.

Explorer
Sep 04, 2008
Of course they have! KI listens to us players, I wouldn't be playing if they didn't.

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
I've seen mine and my cousin's ideas used al the time! My cousin suggested an Afican-themed world... And Zafaria is here! We both begged for pegasus mounts after Wysteria came out, and they came! And I was reaeding through some older posts and I discovered man requests about a world based off of Atlantis (Celestia!) and I saw one with a request for flying carpet mounts! Thanks for using our ideas, KI!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
A few examples I can think of right now:
Pet training
Housing music
Celestia
Chimera
Rain of Fire
Wintertusk (Due to the complaints on the cliffhanger)

There are probably many more, but yes, KI does use many great ideas.

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
seasnake wrote:
Yes, they use them, and no they never give anything in return.

Ideas they have used from me include: insane bolt, the three pip ice shield on everyone card, the pvp before play begins count down clock to allow players time to get into the match, housing portals, and likely a few other changes that I can't remember at this moment. All my suggestions were posted on the forum, so I know they read and take ideas from this forum.

Dude your credit was given, you get to use your ideas.
Seasnake i just dont think you seem to be happy about not getting anything back. The way i see it, i would juts be glad to have my idea used

Sean Fireblood lvl 70 fire

See you in the spiral!

Explorer
Feb 25, 2010
From what I've seen they specifically request that ideas be posted publicly here on these boards so they can use the ideas freely (without compensation). They disregard suggestions made by private email or other contact because that would imply a direct correlation between member input and implementation of the idea. Once you post your thoughts on these boards they are public and free for KI to use or skip.