Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does stormlord really need the stun?

1
AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
835
Really, storm lord does a base of 750, ice giant 450, that is 300 points difference. i see why ice should get the stun, but not storm. Storm is the strongest base line school, while ice is weakest, even life beats ices rank 6 card.

Delver
May 31, 2009
231
lets walk through this;
first life does not have an attacking all spell it has a heal and shield spell
second fire`s all spell does 100+ more base damage than storm lord
third ice and balance are tied for third in damage with thier all spell
fourth storm only has a 70% chance to ice`s 80%
five storm does base damage of 690 not 750, it is still 300 more than ice
six in PvP fights what do people defend against first? STORM!!!
seventh and last ice people have 1500 more health by the time you get these spells so what if storm lord stuns he needs to hit you two extra times to make the difference.

On top of this you get stun block for free.

Are you fussing about centuar doing 50 more damage than collosus? So what you have two all spells, frostbite, ice armor, and balefrost which life has not. and the collosus beats out myth which doesn`t even get a 6 pip monster just the wimpy earthquake "weakest" of the top all spells at 310 damage or death with only 500.


I know your main complaint was the extra damage and the stun, but ice has other things going for it and to ignore them by getting stuck on this comparision is wrong you are ice your meant to take a beating and still be dishing out the pain you are not storm or fire you are a member of one of the top three schools in PvP; balance, ice, and myth.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
34
true true
huh storm lord cant have a stun please change this with all that damage?????? i would say it has its own stormlord shield!! i mean protect 90% of he damage is not a treasure 1 training point geese too much damage :? :? :?

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
26
Ice us not the weakest school death is. Our strongest attack right now is skeletal pirate (430-515). And A stun is really useful for them. They have the lowest hp in the game (ice surprisingly the highest even beats life), and they can't resist no where near ice, so why shouldn't storm lord stun. With the stun a storm wizard can heal the next turn, shield, or even finish the battle.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
835
Zorback18 wrote:
Ice us not the weakest school death is. Our strongest attack right now is skeletal pirate (430-515). And A stun is really useful for them. They have the lowest hp in the game (ice surprisingly the highest even beats life), and they can't resist no where near ice, so why shouldn't storm lord stun. With the stun a storm wizard can heal the next turn, shield, or even finish the battle.

I am not specificly saying Storm Vs Ice. if you are going to do that comparison you have to compare it too ALL of the other schools

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
30
AlecVolterra wrote:

I am not specificly saying Storm Vs Ice. if you are going to do that comparison you have to compare it too ALL of the other schools


In your original post you are specifically comparing Storm and Ice.

Defender
May 24, 2009
115
I am not sure, the storm lord card is very power full that i thought that it should stun people because he is soo cool! But yes i think it should have stun since storm is the strongest school on the game :)

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
259
Stormlord does actually need the stun because storm has such low health that one turn of not getting hit means one turn of not dieing.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
36
i dunno. i mean, i dont think storm lord really needs the stun, cause even if you have a storm shield on you, they are gonna use lord anyway, you ARE gonna lose at least 1000 life. and you will be stunned, then they can use triton, and you will either die or be really close to it. However, ice also has the luxury of using this combo, probably even more efficiently than storm, cause they can shield lots! so a frost giant colossus combo would be a nice damage for any ice wizard in PvP. So i kinda agree and disagree. The stun makes them SUPER powerful but ice can do it too. The best thing to do is to put a storm wizard on the defensive at the start.

Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
76
Of course stormlord needs the stun,

1. Storm wizards have low health behond help.
2. Storm wizards fizzle more then any other school.
3.We can easily get taken out like that.
4.Most other schools have an advantage over storm, due to out low health.
So why wouldn't it be fair to get the stun included with it? I mean chances are we'll just end up fizzing.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2009
19
It's always hard, but in 4v4 matches when the stun spell in question is used by the team with first turn is when it's at it's most wonky. If the next round spell is hard hitting as well it quickly tips the odds for no other reason than- Team A gets first turn and has stun all.

If they only stunned the target the spell was cast primarily on, and just hit the rest, would that be a good change?

It might not be the spell to blame as much as the nature of stuns in 4v4 combined with the turn order. Perhaps the first "stun" effect could give you a DAZED shield without the loss of a turn (yet), this represents the wizard was hit hard, and is off balance, the next "stun" would break the shield and cause the loss of a turn, in this case the 'stun shield' spell would be changed to a special kind of Cleanse Ward called Regain Footing, that would remove a Dazed Shield effect.

Can't wait for news on the new secondaries, hope they aren't just for levels 50-60.




Hero
May 19, 2009
791
Who cares if they have low health, ONE storm lord will usaully kill all enemies so why even have a stun? Where's the individuality that the five other schools rank 7 spells have? But no what do we have, 2 rank 7 spells. Exactly the same except for the 300 damage differance. O whats that? It has a 70% accuarcy compaired to ice's 80% . pfft like that matters. Its a level 48 spell so most people who use it are grands, and ice in full grand gear only has a 5% accuracy bonus compaired to storms 15%. Also on top of that storm has a +10% accuray spell. So in the end storm lord has better accuarcy and power then frost giant, so wheres the just in that?

Survivor
Sep 21, 2009
28
DarthNexus wrote:
Who cares if they have low health, ONE storm lord will usaully kill all enemies so why even have a stun? Where's the individuality that the five other schools rank 7 spells have? But no what do we have, 2 rank 7 spells. Exactly the same except for the 300 damage differance. O whats that? It has a 70% accuarcy compaired to ice's 80% . pfft like that matters. Its a level 48 spell so most people who use it are grands, and ice in full grand gear only has a 5% accuracy bonus compaired to storms 15%. Also on top of that storm has a +10% accuray spell. So in the end storm lord has better accuarcy and power then frost giant, so wheres the just in that?

All very good statements.
Here's another: stunning is Ice and Fire exclusive
Why is Storm thrown into the mix if it has high enough damage already?

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
104
mpetersen68 wrote:

Are you fussing about centuar doing 50 more damage than collosus? So what you have two all spells, frostbite, ice armor, and balefrost which life has not. and the collosus beats out myth which doesn`t even get a 6 pip monster just the wimpy earthquake "weakest" of the top all spells at 310 damage or death with only 500.


Might be the weakest rank 6 spell, but it hits all, AND gets rid of all the enemies shields. (Btw, we are talkin rank 7 spells)

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
104
hebs470 wrote:
true true
huh storm lord cant have a stun please change this with all that damage?????? i would say it has its own stormlord shield!! i mean protect 90% of he damage is not a treasure 1 training point geese too much damage :? :? :?



Ok, think this way. Don't look at the individual spells, look at the schools.

Storm: Focused on ULTIMATE POWER, no health, no accuracy.

Ice: Focused on extremely high health, NO DAMAGE, good accuracy.

Storm is supposed to be way stronger than every other school. Ice isn't focused on power. Plus, Storm Lord, 70% accuracy. Ice Giant, what is it 85, 90% accuracy?

Now look at it logically (Yay! Logic!)

Both a major shock and an extremely cold blast would stun you in some way.

The shock would paralyze you, the frost would freeze you. Simple enough?

Dylan ShadowTalon Lvl 46 Diviner

Hero
May 19, 2009
791
garyboy11 wrote:
hebs470 wrote:
true true
huh storm lord cant have a stun please change this with all that damage?????? i would say it has its own stormlord shield!! i mean protect 90% of he damage is not a treasure 1 training point geese too much damage :? :? :?



Ok, think this way. Don't look at the individual spells, look at the schools.

Storm: Focused on ULTIMATE POWER, no health, no accuracy.

Ice: Focused on extremely high health, NO DAMAGE, good accuracy.

Storm is supposed to be way stronger than every other school. Ice isn't focused on power. Plus, Storm Lord, 70% accuracy. Ice Giant, what is it 85, 90% accuracy?

Now look at it logically (Yay! Logic!)

Both a major shock and an extremely cold blast would stun you in some way.

The shock would paralyze you, the frost would freeze you. Simple enough?

Dylan ShadowTalon Lvl 46 Diviner


no logic in what you say, considering you only read the first post.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
22
Anyways regardless weather you hate the stun or you hate storm lord it self, note that it will not get removed, you guys are looking at the attacks and are forgetting about else (like others said accuracy and health). Every school and every spell are equally divided
not every school (or spell) should remain the same. Also Ice can protect him self from a balance user with tower, storm cant. So what is next? removing tower? Please guys stop being cry babies and just play the game. All es equally divided as it should.


P.S: I have a storm grand + play with an Ice grand, I fizzle a lot and she hardly do.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
18
Saying StormLord NEED Stun because Storm have low Health
is the same that Frost Giant NEED to be stronger because Ice have low damage.

It does not have sense.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
489
Think of it this way, if they got rid of the stun it would be unbalanced, to balance it thye would add about 200 extra damage on the attack of storm lord making it do 900 to all enemies. Are you sure you want that instead?

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
104
DarthNexus wrote:
garyboy11 wrote:
hebs470 wrote:
true true
huh storm lord cant have a stun please change this with all that damage?????? i would say it has its own stormlord shield!! i mean protect 90% of he damage is not a treasure 1 training point geese too much damage :? :? :?



Ok, think this way. Don't look at the individual spells, look at the schools.

Storm: Focused on ULTIMATE POWER, no health, no accuracy.

Ice: Focused on extremely high health, NO DAMAGE, good accuracy.

Storm is supposed to be way stronger than every other school. Ice isn't focused on power. Plus, Storm Lord, 70% accuracy. Ice Giant, what is it 85, 90% accuracy?

Now look at it logically (Yay! Logic!)

Both a major shock and an extremely cold blast would stun you in some way.

The shock would paralyze you, the frost would freeze you. Simple enough?

Dylan ShadowTalon Lvl 46 Diviner


no logic in what you say, considering you only read the first post.



Dude I read the whole list of posts, everyone who is against the stun is saying Storm Lord does enough damage already, but 690 isn't much in storm damage.

And dude, I wasn't talking about how logical it was for Storm Lord to have a stun while it has so much damage, I was saying it's logical that a major shock would paralyze you as much as a freezing blast would freeze you.

But anyways, Storm doesn't have a single stun spell other than Storm Lord. Ice has one other than Ice Giant don't they?

Plus, if you compare Ice Giant and Storm Lord to the other spells in their school, they are both relatively weak. 690 damage is nothing! And Ice Giant's 450 is nothing in Ice damage! Plus, has anyone heard of a storm shield? It would take the damage down into the 100's.

Dylan ShadowTalon Lvl 46 Diviner

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
104
Zorback18 wrote:
Ice us not the weakest school death is. Our strongest attack right now is skeletal pirate (430-515). And A stun is really useful for them. They have the lowest hp in the game (ice surprisingly the highest even beats life), and they can't resist no where near ice, so why shouldn't storm lord stun. With the stun a storm wizard can heal the next turn, shield, or even finish the battle.


Ever seen someone use Scarecrow? What does it do, 600 drain to all, convert half to health for yourself? Skeletal Pirate is not death's best spell. Not by a long shot.

Dylan ShadowTalon Lvl 46 Diviner

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
104
seekanddestroy wrote:
i dunno. i mean, i dont think storm lord really needs the stun, cause even if you have a storm shield on you, they are gonna use lord anyway, you ARE gonna lose at least 1000 life. and you will be stunned, then they can use triton, and you will either die or be really close to it. However, ice also has the luxury of using this combo, probably even more efficiently than storm, cause they can shield lots! so a frost giant colossus combo would be a nice damage for any ice wizard in PvP. So i kinda agree and disagree. The stun makes them SUPER powerful but ice can do it too. The best thing to do is to put a storm wizard on the defensive at the start.


Storm Lord does a base of 690 damage. If you use a storm shield, the damage doesn't go up, it goes DOWN! You wouldn't take 1000 damage from Storm Lord if you had a Storm Shield. Unless the attacker had like, a bunch of buffs and traps. Storm Shield is like -80% damage.

Dylan ShadowTalon Lvl 46 Diviner

Survivor
May 01, 2010
22
Sidynho wrote:
Saying StormLord NEED Stun because Storm have low Health
is the same that Frost Giant NEED to be stronger because Ice have low damage.

It does not have sense.
I guess you have forgotten about the accuracy right? Storm fizzles 6 times out of 10, ice blah if your unlucky you fizzle once in that. Please review your stats and re compare. All is balanced well enough.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
35
. O whats that? It has a 70% accuarcy compaired to ice's 80% . pfft like that matters. Its a level 48 spell so most people who use it are grands, and ice in full grand gear only has a 5% accuracy bonus compaired to storms 15%. Also on top of that storm has a +10% accuray spell. So in the end storm lord has better accuarcy and power then frost giant, so wheres the just in that?



nuff said

Survivor
May 01, 2010
22
Newjoker12 wrote:
. O whats that? It has a 70% accuarcy compaired to ice's 80% . pfft like that matters. Its a level 48 spell so most people who use it are grands, and ice in full grand gear only has a 5% accuracy bonus compaired to storms 15%. Also on top of that storm has a +10% accuray spell. So in the end storm lord has better accuarcy and power then frost giant, so wheres the just in that?




nuff said

You know, I tried this yesterday with one of my ice grands. Guess what
I tried it 10 times

my storm fizzled 4 times
my ice none

then I used the +10 accuracy waisting a turn, I got it in and made the hit
now the second time around (my ice has not fizzled yet) with +10 accuracy
I fizzled! like what in he world!!!!!!!!!!! hm still!! I fizzled!! will try again
today and will use my handy dandy desktop recorder to post on youtube.

wow Ice never fizzled!! that is hot maybe I should use ice instead.
(after 3 hours I finally got it to fizzle twice)


1