Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

do our characters age?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2009
one theory i have is they age by level
then again that would make no sense
if it did the adept would have beards
another is your character starts at age 8 and goes from there
but that's just some

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
Well I dont really think they have ages. (they left that part out of the game) But they do tend to call you young wizard, so I am assuming that they are teenagers or in their 20s. (and for some magical reason they stay that way)

Heather StarSong lvl 50
Jasmine SpellCaster lvl 20

Defender
Nov 25, 2015
I don't know but one things for sure they look the same but some wizards in different costumes look older.

Defender
Feb 27, 2015
Rockpapershotgun on Mar 1, 2016 wrote:
I don't know but one things for sure they look the same but some wizards in different costumes look older.
i agree

Delver
May 12, 2012
Blake Shadowbreake... on Mar 1, 2016 wrote:
one theory i have is they age by level
then again that would make no sense
if it did the adept would have beards
another is your character starts at age 8 and goes from there
but that's just some

We don't age, just stay the same. We're assumed to do all the quests one after the other, so it doesn't take over a year to complete them, I guess. For example, real life wizards would not take membership breaks and quit playing for awhile, if you understand that

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Interesting thought- I've always thought they looked to be young teenagers, like 13 or 14. I think my wizard looks much older in the archangel attire, too. The armor in AV also makes them look older.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
omagicspells on Mar 1, 2016 wrote:
Well I dont really think they have ages. (they left that part out of the game) But they do tend to call you young wizard, so I am assuming that they are teenagers or in their 20s. (and for some magical reason they stay that way)

Heather StarSong lvl 50
Jasmine SpellCaster lvl 20
I agree that a "magical" reason would be the answer for no or slowed aging.

Theory 1: As our new wizard is transported through the spiral to meet Prof. Ambrose, a halt aging spell is cast upon him/her.

Theory 2: As an unexpected bonus, when we deliver the potion to Bartleby we are rewarded with perpetual youth.

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
No, you probably do the whole journey in under a year. And I don't wanna be old.

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
Actually that wouldn't make sense. How would we learn so much in such a short time.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2016
You could also unnofficially pick your characters age, just keep it at your status. I think that solves the problem