Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dispel Shield also occurs in PvE?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
Hello guys,

Yesterday I was questing on my storm and I noticed I got an unexpected dispel shield when I got dispelled by a tri elemental dispel, on a boss fight in Polaris.

I haven't had a chance to test it with single spells, but I guess it should work too.

Has anyone noticed that?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
A Myth Imp cast by a Myth mob in Celestia put a dispel shield on me yesterday. Wow, I was shocked. Never saw that before and I've had that spell used against me plenty of times.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Yeah I noticed this when a life boss used Gnomes on me.

Though I don't think this is intentional. If enemies also get dispel shields then fighting certain cheating bosses would be far harder since countering their cheats would be much more of a hassle. (Ex: Exalted Rattlebones with balance dispel for mana burn or Storm Dispel to successfully put on blades.)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
SrEdu on Jul 14, 2017 wrote:
Hello guys,

Yesterday I was questing on my storm and I noticed I got an unexpected dispel shield when I got dispelled by a tri elemental dispel, on a boss fight in Polaris.

I haven't had a chance to test it with single spells, but I guess it should work too.

Has anyone noticed that?
I noticed it while running a couple of wizards in Khrysalis after being hit with a spell from a Myth mob that puts a Life and Death Dispel on you.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Did you guys happen to read the update notes? Why are you surprised by this it was clearly stated that dispel shields were being implemented.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
sharkman0101 on Jul 15, 2017 wrote:
Yeah I noticed this when a life boss used Gnomes on me.

Though I don't think this is intentional. If enemies also get dispel shields then fighting certain cheating bosses would be far harder since countering their cheats would be much more of a hassle. (Ex: Exalted Rattlebones with balance dispel for mana burn or Storm Dispel to successfully put on blades.)
Oh, at least as for now, enemies will not have a dispel shield after we use that on them, I've tested it a couple of times. It just happens when we ourselves are dispelled.

Can any moderator confirm if that's normal or a bug?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Jasmine3429 on Jul 15, 2017 wrote:
Did you guys happen to read the update notes? Why are you surprised by this it was clearly stated that dispel shields were being implemented.
Actually, if you read the update notes, it says nothing about this shield in PvE. Here is a copy of what it does say and if you look, it says ""In PvP only"". Not really an issue but I may be very useful in PvE as well.

"""In PvP only, we have implemented a Dispel Shield functionality to reduce the ability to spam Dispels. When a Dispel is cast upon a player, they will also receive a Dispel Shield, which can only be broken by a second Dispel."""

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
These were new changes to OLD spells that have been around for years. So yes, I was surprised to see something new in a well-known spell that had never dispelled shields before.

I also got over my surprise pretty quickly and just laughed because, two turns later the other mob removed the bothersome dispels with an earthquake.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
DragonLady1818 on Jul 16, 2017 wrote:
Actually, if you read the update notes, it says nothing about this shield in PvE. Here is a copy of what it does say and if you look, it says ""In PvP only"". Not really an issue but I may be very useful in PvE as well.

"""In PvP only, we have implemented a Dispel Shield functionality to reduce the ability to spam Dispels. When a Dispel is cast upon a player, they will also receive a Dispel Shield, which can only be broken by a second Dispel."""
I stand corrected, I guess you read better than I do, but I expected them to be implemented across the board much like stun blocks. I guess double dispels will be even more handy in PVE now

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Like @DragonLady said, Notes mentioned PvP, not PvE.

The question is Valid.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
Yes I did.

Now did you happen to read *correctly* the update notes? If you did, I'm sure you must've read it was "PvP only"

Explorer
May 03, 2016
SilverbackMonkey on Jul 17, 2017 wrote:
Like @DragonLady said, Notes mentioned PvP, not PvE.

The question is Valid.
i have seen it in PVE. in PVE only the player gets dispel shields.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I did go back and read them and you are correct:

"In PvP only, we have implemented a Dispel Shield functionality to reduce the ability to spam Dispels. "

Not sure what to say, they dont work as intended in either case

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
SrEdu on Jul 15, 2017 wrote:
Oh, at least as for now, enemies will not have a dispel shield after we use that on them, I've tested it a couple of times. It just happens when we ourselves are dispelled.

Can any moderator confirm if that's normal or a bug?
Hi! I passed this along for testing last week, but it might need another look with the information you supplied here. I'll have them take another look.