Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Defeating Malistaire?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2013
I am a level 30 wizards, and on more than one occasion I have heard wizards talk about having "defeated Malistaire."I have never gotten this Malistaire quest and was wondering why! I don't know if it's only for a certain school, or if I have to be a certain level. Also, for those of you who have defeated Malistaire, do you have any important tips and what level were you when you defeated him? My school is fire and I am currently a level 30.

Amber SpiritShade Magus Pyromancer

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
All wizards shall eventually fight Malistaire but only once they get to the end of the final dungeon of Dragonspyre. I cant tell where you are in the story line (guessing early Mooshu or late Marleybone).

There isn't any specific level although usually I get there around level 48 or so with my wizards.

Don't worry about it for with great work and determination to will eventually beat Malistaire!

P.S. I cant give you tips on fire sadly because I never got very far with a fire wizard but maybe someone else can lend a tip on that note.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
sball321 on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
I am a level 30 wizards, and on more than one occasion I have heard wizards talk about having "defeated Malistaire."I have never gotten this Malistaire quest and was wondering why! I don't know if it's only for a certain school, or if I have to be a certain level. Also, for those of you who have defeated Malistaire, do you have any important tips and what level were you when you defeated him? My school is fire and I am currently a level 30.

You fight Malistaire at the end of Dragonspyre, and then you get the Savior of the Spiral badge. He is the main villain of the first arc.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
After a while you will eventually get this quest, don't worry. It's part of the main questline.

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
You have to finish the storyline... Level or school doesn't matter whatsoever.

~ Vanessa

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
When you defeat Malistaire, you get the "Savior of the Spiral" badge. The way this works however, is that you were in the duel when Malistaire was defeated. You don't have to complete the dungeon. Theoretically, a level 1 player could port to someone during the Malistaire fight, and as long as they weren't KOed when Malistaire was defeated, they will get the badge.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
sball321 on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:

Just keep questing, just keep questing, what do you do? Keep questing. Lol (some Dory humor for ya from Nemo) It's the main quest line so don't worry about it. Just complete your current quests and keep forging ahead and once you reach the end of Dragonspyre you will face him XD

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 85