Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death Rant

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
Moira Stormslinger Transcended Necromancer has a few minor issues with how people see Death.

A lot of people say "Don't trust a Necro to heal you." Moira says, Don't judge us all. She has healing treasure and knows how it feels to sit there with your head spinning, so she heals others when she can.

"Necros are selfish" Now really? Just because Moira's Crow can kill all doesn't make her selfish. By this logic, wouldn't this statement apply to all schools? Moira has seen big AoE spells from all schools wipe out all the bad guys.

Now I freely admit, there are Necros out there who are selfish and wont' heal anyone, but those are the minority, as far as I've seen.

Please do not judge all Death by the actions of a few. Just as an example, Moira has seen Balance (who heals rather well) laugh at a defeated person. Storm killing all in such a spectacular was as to be considered showing off. There are many more examples. Moira and my other girls,plus Hubby's 2 Balance guys,don't judge anyone. Each school has it's strengths and weaknesses and each school is unique (even though there is alot of school overlap now, schools still are unique.).

All of my characters love to battle with people from other schools (even though I solo alot) because it's awesome, to me at least, to see how schools that are so different working together to complete a goal.

All that being said, Sorry if I offended anyone with anything I said. Just wanted to stick up for Moira and the other good guy Necros out there. There is enough negative elsewhere in the world, can't we all just get along? LOL

Quick battles , good drops and lots of XP wishes to you all.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
Nobody could of said that better, you said it all in one post.

Agreed.

Alura Mythshade level 50 NECROMANCER
Calamity Orgeblossom level 35 Theurgist
Cheryl Trollcaster level 41 Pyromancer

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I have run my death wizard though level 69 currently and have not seen these problems. I don't think people really consider death a good source of healing as well they should not. I can't believe they would think we are selfish unless they are jealous that we are able to solo a little bit better then most. As far as hit power I work hard to boost my scare crow up to kill to the level of a decent storm lord and I have Colossus and usually have to wait an extra round to put an extra blade out to do that and icing on the cake is I do tend to critical quite a bit. 99% of the time I run the Sun spot in fights who can complain if I am also the one that kills, I am usually the one taking the most hits.

I will agree that you can run across some pretty mean minded wizards, I know I have.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Necromancers? Selfish?

I actually think people see us as one of the weaker schools.

Our damaging spells are weak for their pip cost (with maybe the exception of Skeletal Dragon and Scarecrow) compared to the other schools. I thought Life was supposed to be one of the least damaging schools of all, yet they can crank out twice the damage of a Skeletal Dragon to everyone on the opponent's team with one Forest Lord (spread around, of course).

And Necromancers aren't the best healers, with only one spell known as Sacrifice which damages the user before healing another person.

However, what Necromancers really excel at is support and staying alive.
Now, a person would prefer a Life and an Ice wizard on their team in exchange for a Necromancer, because they outclass us in their own ways.

But, we have three spells that weaken the opponent, (Plague, Virulent Plague, and Infection) the best minion summoning spell in the game, are the only school that can heal themselves and hurt the opponent simultaneously, and have close to the most (if not, the most) blades and traps in the game.

And we can't forget about Feint.

So, bottom line, Necromancers are strong with support and longevity. And because of this, we are useful.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
watsupdog111 wrote:
sorry am really confused right now isn't Moria a NPC?

Nope. My first Transcended.. Even though I got her name wrong LOL.. She is Moira Stormgiver... Moira Stormslinger is my Storm Legend. :D

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
The healing statement is really what I took offense to, simply because people assume. There are tons of healing treasure cards and I know there are at least a few Necros out there who keep them in stock. I'm one of them! I hate assumptions. From a friendly Necro.. Again... Dont judge us or make assumptions. We really can come in handy.

And yeah, the spells are kind of weak, but Moira can hold her own with almost any school next to her. Besides, as long as I can get what I need, it doesn't really matter to me if I am kinda weak lol. I'll get there eventually.. *That's what I told myself when trying do Nastrond solo (did beat it solo btw)* Sidenote.. I personally feel that Skeletal Dragon is a waste. I hardly use it. I'd rather use one of the stealing spells so I can get a bit of health. Wraith, Crow and Monster are my fave.

Necros, please, don't feed the reputation. Earn your own for who you are and how you battle, not from the Aura of your school. Ok, let me rephrase. Everyone, don't feed the reputation, earn your own.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
dragonpfyre219 wrote:
watsupdog111 wrote:

Nope. My first Transcended.. Even though I got her name wrong LOL.. She is Moira Stormgiver... Moira Stormslinger is my Storm Legend. :D
Sorry i was just confused with that girl in sunken city, and why did you write your top post in third point of view like a narrator is reading it

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
watsupdog111 wrote:
dragonpfyre219 wrote:
watsupdog111 wrote:

Sorry i was just confused with that girl in sunken city, and why did you write your top post in third point of view like a narrator is reading it

I was speaking as a Transcended Necro.. mostly out of boredom. But.. it seems to me that people listen a bit more when the "third person" perspective is used...

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
The issue might be that people come to "expect" any class with spells that can heal others, to always carry around said spells and to use them on any strangers that happen to bumble into the battle circle.

I openly admit that my Theurgist usually brings a speed-kill deck consisting of Forest Lord, Vengance and a Life Blade. Meaning that she's actually pretty darn useless for healing, and I eventually took to carrying a Satyr, simply because people would not stop whining!

It is especially sad when the Necromancer already has to balance (pardon the pun) putting Feint on every monster in the circle, Cursing all the monsters, and replacing the traps when someone accidentally uses a wand.. Asking them to suddenly be the resident healer is really a tad too much, if you ask me.

The same goes for the Balance wizard. Sure, they have the option of healing others, but if I'm in a fight with someone, I'd much rather have them use their blades and traps than to heal anyone - especially if there's someone else in the circle who have more spare time and can afford the pips...

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have a level 48 Death wizard that does not even load the healing spell that is included with death spells. My wizard has trained life through Satyr but I only load a couple of them.

IMO, if someone jumps in your battle, especially un-invited, they should not expect you to heal them. They should really ask you if they can join your battle. I know this does not happen often with the younger players.

I know that occasionally players are inadvertently drawn into a battle and most I have encountered appologize when this happens. In this case, I will if I can heal them.

BUT, here is something that ALL wizards need to remember. ALL schools do get the same heals from the very beginning. In reality, they should keep heals loaded for their own needs.

It really does get annoying for a wizard to constantly repeat "I need healing" when they have those spells and chose not to load them.

But on another note, I have also jumped into another wizards battle when I see them in trouble just to be able to at least give them enough heal to finish their duel and survive.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
My second school is life, and third storm for power. I heal a ton and am often judged by not healing. I'm even judged for being emo just cause I chose death. This is ridiculous! I do not care too much as the do not know me but it's very annoying being judged. I chose death because I thought it looked cool

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
I agree, I'm really a life wizard who also has a death character and I'm not like that :-)

Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
I agree. This post is true. I've been healed by many death wizards, and one of my best friends on Wizard 101 is death.

-William Rider, lvl 41 Conjurer; Emma Thorn, lvl 8 Necromancer

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Necromancers can be useful. Vampire Val (my level 38 Death wiz) levels much faster and deals more damage than Shadowsong (who is a level 63 Balance wiz) does- her heals are better, but V.V. has Sacrifice on his side. His secondary is Myth, so I just slap on a -80% Death shield and he's all good.

In V.V.'s humble opinion: "Sacrifice is great, but I'm a necro- meaning that I deal heavy damage and kill stuff. Leave the healing to the Life and Balance schools, since that's what they were designed for."

(Availing Hands can, if Shadowsong criticals, heal 1500 over 3 rounds; V.V. doesn't mind healing, but only if he feels his teammates deserve it- he would rather kill stuff).

Happy travels,

Shadowsong, legendary sorceress
& Vampire Val, magus necromancer.

Survivor
May 23, 2010
I've never really seen this as a big complication, but I do see it often. My death wizard is my favorite, as he can kill easily (transended death), but death isn't all about killing. He helps others too, like blades others, traps, heals and shields. He has seen people spam "I need healing" on an endless run when like he is all bladed up and has no shields for a sacrifice. He doesn't carry any treasures because there really isn't that much of a need for them. I agree with everything that is said here, so...ya

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Great Post, and I totally agree!! What kills me the most is when I am in WW or ML with a group and the LIFE person won't heal anyone, but I DO and I am DEATH -- lol- go figure!! :)