Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Darkmoor Question

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
I have just completed the full dungeon and I was wondering if it's just the Graveyard that's worth farming? I'm not farming the whole thing.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2012
People farm the upper castle of darkmoor for a amulet that provides two square slots. Only Shane von Shane from the second part drops it. Other than that the graveyard as you mentioned is a good place.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2018
Yes, graveyard is the only real place worth farming (unless you want some of the mastery amulets from upper halls secret boss) as it is the place that will drop not only one of the best sets of gear, but it also has a boss that drops the (debatable) best athame. From what I have aslo heard, the secret boss just past the first boss you face drops one of the best rings. Hope this helps.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Taylorash9 on Aug 16, 2018 wrote:
I have just completed the full dungeon and I was wondering if it's just the Graveyard that's worth farming? I'm not farming the whole thing.
The Graveyard is where you'll be able to get your Malistaire gear and wand (final battle), Yevgeny also drops a nice athame in the first battle. There is a gold key room with Aphrodite the plant boss...it's a fun battle but you'll want a team (including someone to spam hits each round). You can get a life spell there, Sacred Charge, and also some really good energy gear - athame, ring and wand.

Upper Halls (part 2) has a gold key room with a tricky battle with Bunferatu (take a team and check cheats/strategies!). I think his special drop is just the Beguiled Gargoyle pet but there may be other nice drops there too...we did it to win the pet lol.

Castle Darkmoor (part 1) has a gold key room with a locked chest. There are some pretty cool drops there including enhanced mastery amulets and the Soulful Knight pet.

I'd definitely recommend getting Malistaire gear and doing some Aphrodite for the energy boosts. If you have a life wizard it can be fun to win Sacred Charge but I'm not sure how useful it really is (I got it but I don't think I've ever used it other than when I 'tested it out' after winning it, because I usually heal/boost and rarely hit).

I hope this helps you decide which bits you want to farm, good luck on drops!

Survivor
Aug 31, 2013
Taylorash9 on Aug 16, 2018 wrote:
Darkmoor is a great way to get some of the best level 100+ gear. Specifically, the hat, the robe, the boots, and the wand dropped from Malistaire the undying in the Graveyard. Yevgeny Nightcreeper, the first boss in the graveyard, also drops the best athame. This gear is near the best for every school. Keep in mind that you can get a slightly better hat from the Krokopatra exalted duel and a slightly better robe from the Rattelbones exalted duel. If you want good gear, you have to do Darkmoor. You can use a teleporter so you only have to do the last three bosses. The good news is that lots of people do Darkmoor, so using "Teamup!" is quite easy.

Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
Thanks for your responses! I got everything except the boots, which is fine because they don't even give critical.