Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Darkmoor Bad luck

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
14
I just did the longest darkmoor run of my life.
Now that isnt the bad part.
The worst part was i got NO malistare gear.
The only gear i got was Tier 1 boots and a tier 2 helmet

Trevor Dawnstalker 110

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
437
Trevor Dawnstalker on May 18, 2016 wrote:
I just did the longest darkmoor run of my life.
Now that isnt the bad part.
The worst part was i got NO malistare gear.
The only gear i got was Tier 1 boots and a tier 2 helmet

Trevor Dawnstalker 110
It was just one run, stop complaining. This dungeon is literally easier than Xibalba and the drop rates are extremely high so there is literally no reason to complain. As well, you are life, making it easy for you to find a group, if you were death or ice then it would take you MUCH LONGER to find a team. So be greatful about these things instead of complaining that you didn't get everything you wanted first run.

Lvl 110
Lvl 103
Lvl 27

Hero
May 07, 2015
724
Trevor Dawnstalker on May 18, 2016 wrote:
I just did the longest darkmoor run of my life.
Now that isnt the bad part.
The worst part was i got NO malistare gear.
The only gear i got was Tier 1 boots and a tier 2 helmet

Trevor Dawnstalker 110
well let me tell you a story about something like this that happened to me.

ok so. when I got to level 60 I did waterworks like 3 times and got the hat and boots. that's it no robe. I tried 4 times again no robe so I gave up. also if you have any gold skeleton keys farm omen instead. he might drop better gear. but I'm not 100% sure so sorry if I'm wrong. if he doesn't farm the gold skeleton key boss in the graveyard if you have gold keys. I hope this helps.

Miranda jade song/Katie taylor
level 91 wizard/level 7 witchdoctor

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
437
sun girl1122 on May 19, 2016 wrote:
well let me tell you a story about something like this that happened to me.

ok so. when I got to level 60 I did waterworks like 3 times and got the hat and boots. that's it no robe. I tried 4 times again no robe so I gave up. also if you have any gold skeleton keys farm omen instead. he might drop better gear. but I'm not 100% sure so sorry if I'm wrong. if he doesn't farm the gold skeleton key boss in the graveyard if you have gold keys. I hope this helps.

Miranda jade song/Katie taylor
level 91 wizard/level 7 witchdoctor
Omen gear is trash

Explorer
Mar 31, 2013
70
Hi Trevor Dawnstalker,

Not trying to make you feel even more discouraged but I literally spent all of last summer trying to get all the Malistaire gear for my 3 max level wizards and I'm sure that there were people who were doing Malistaire runs more than I was. Keep trying, you'll get it.

If you do find that it's too frustrating, the one-shot dungeons (like Rattlebones) have comparable gear. You can search these boards to see who drops the one-shots (or purchase with crowns) and go from there.

Good Luck!

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
613
sun girl1122 on May 19, 2016 wrote:
well let me tell you a story about something like this that happened to me.

ok so. when I got to level 60 I did waterworks like 3 times and got the hat and boots. that's it no robe. I tried 4 times again no robe so I gave up. also if you have any gold skeleton keys farm omen instead. he might drop better gear. but I'm not 100% sure so sorry if I'm wrong. if he doesn't farm the gold skeleton key boss in the graveyard if you have gold keys. I hope this helps.

Miranda jade song/Katie taylor
level 91 wizard/level 7 witchdoctor
I did Waterworks about 35 times with my Life and still never got the Robe. I didn't want to give up, but there comes a point where you realize the reward is just simply not worth the time. Some people reach that point sooner than others.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2016
33
Adam Wintersinger on May 19, 2016 wrote:
It was just one run, stop complaining. This dungeon is literally easier than Xibalba and the drop rates are extremely high so there is literally no reason to complain. As well, you are life, making it easy for you to find a group, if you were death or ice then it would take you MUCH LONGER to find a team. So be greatful about these things instead of complaining that you didn't get everything you wanted first run.

Lvl 110
Lvl 103
Lvl 27
Lol, Why is it hard to find a team with Death and Ice?

Hero
May 07, 2015
724
Adam Wintersinger on May 20, 2016 wrote:
Omen gear is trash
I didn't know

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
437
sun girl1122 on May 22, 2016 wrote:
I didn't know
I know, that's why I corrected you

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
437
Saberzo on May 21, 2016 wrote:
Lol, Why is it hard to find a team with Death and Ice?
Death because they don't have any "useful" spells according to some people and ice for the same reason.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1305
Trevor,

It's not easy when you spend hours in a dungeon like Darkmoor and get, literally, nothing to show for your efforts. It's frustrating. Please do not listen to the person that likes to post how easy everything is, without any consideration of what others go through.

I've spent hundreds of hours farming Aquila and only ended up getting 2 of the Alpha Omega rings (no other gear). I've farmed many hundreds of times in other areas, pretty much getting squat for gear and other rewards.

You have to ask yourself - is it really worth the effort? Sure, you would like the gear, but is there anything out there that can come close? Do you want to spend an extraordinary amount of your time farming almost-never-drops gear?

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
437
BrynnerOfReign on May 23, 2016 wrote:
Trevor,

It's not easy when you spend hours in a dungeon like Darkmoor and get, literally, nothing to show for your efforts. It's frustrating. Please do not listen to the person that likes to post how easy everything is, without any consideration of what others go through.

I've spent hundreds of hours farming Aquila and only ended up getting 2 of the Alpha Omega rings (no other gear). I've farmed many hundreds of times in other areas, pretty much getting squat for gear and other rewards.

You have to ask yourself - is it really worth the effort? Sure, you would like the gear, but is there anything out there that can come close? Do you want to spend an extraordinary amount of your time farming almost-never-drops gear?
What others go through? He just did one run...

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
613
BrynnerOfReign on May 23, 2016 wrote:
Trevor,

It's not easy when you spend hours in a dungeon like Darkmoor and get, literally, nothing to show for your efforts. It's frustrating. Please do not listen to the person that likes to post how easy everything is, without any consideration of what others go through.

I've spent hundreds of hours farming Aquila and only ended up getting 2 of the Alpha Omega rings (no other gear). I've farmed many hundreds of times in other areas, pretty much getting squat for gear and other rewards.

You have to ask yourself - is it really worth the effort? Sure, you would like the gear, but is there anything out there that can come close? Do you want to spend an extraordinary amount of your time farming almost-never-drops gear?
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about Gladiator and Cronus. I had a buddy that I used to do all of the difficult content with.

I remember when Aquila first came out. He was retired so he played all day while I was at work, and then he'd get impatient with me because I wasn't high enough level to do those dungeons yet. He eventually quit playing because he had nothing to do.

But I remember how he'd get mad at me for not being able to farm those bosses, meanwhile he said he had 4 Alpha and Omega Rings and 3 Blades of the Felled Titan for all 7 of his wizards... and that was just in the first 3 weeks after the dungeons were released. And from what I heard from our mutual friends, he was actually cool with me. The way he treated everyone else was worse. They actually started hiding from him, and eventually stopped playing.

However here we are what, 3 years later? I've farmed those bosses solo I don't know how many times now and I still only have 3 of each.

It's why I really resent these dungeons/bosses. I've lost friends over them, and I still don't get anything that I want for spending all that time doing them.