Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changes to Critical Hit and Critical Block system

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
82
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3171
Frost Wind on Feb 19, 2016 wrote:
"Go look at the other online RPGs and see how it works. Critical hit is rare, and blocking it is also rare. That is how it should be."

I don't care at all what happens in other games. How things should be in THIS game is consistent. Arbitrary changes are frustrating, and this change broke more things than it fixed. We had a critical system in place for years, which players were finally beginning to grok, and gear was finally supporting it well enough to be useful.

You are entitled to your opinion of how you want things to work, but I don't like the new system at all. Rare critical that may or may not work is useless with most decent battle strategies. If it isn't a sure thing, or close, I'm not going hit, so who cares? Double dead enemies don't give me extra reward, and half-dead ones get me killed. Damage hasn't gone up much for 50 levels. Crit and block were the stats to chase from 70 to 100, and many of us did. Mind-numbing hours of farming, for naught. I'm tired of working for things, then having them pulled away

It's now possible to block every critical. That's a failed system.
Arbitrary changes are frustrating, and this change broke more things than it fixed. We had a critical system in place for years, which players were finally beginning to grok, and gear was finally supporting it well enough to be useful... I'm tired of working for things, then having them pulled away.

this is what i have been saying from the start.

if the system was "never supposed to work that way", it should have been fixed straight out of the gate and not arbitrarily changed 50 levels later; people have built entire setups around a system that's been in place for 5+ years, and are understandably frustratedas they now struggle to adapt to this new meta.under the old system, i never cared about critical. i am primarily a solo player and thus played my wizards defensively~ all of them (even storm) had 65%-72% block, because critical didn't keep me alive~ block did.

now, boss critical remains unchanged; the only difference is that, instead of blocking those back-to-back criticals, i can complete a run of darkmoor/insert annoying cheaty instance here without blocking a single hit.

honestly, i've been thinking of switching to a pure critical build on all of my wizards, since blockhas been rendered useless by these "updates".

It appears to me that you seem to complain about a lot of things.

no change ever happened because people stayed silent. in addition, the volume of complaints and cancelled memberships on this board alone should tell you that there are many others who are dissatisfied with the new arrangements as well.

(sorry, try again.)-von

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1305
dumbug23 on Feb 18, 2016 wrote:
How about buffing the NPCs instead, like Darkmoor? That was pretty challenging.
60% pierce wrecks us!
Then you are talking about schools that become virtually useless, like Ice. Yeah, their health can be high, but if you start mega pierce for the NPCs, then the whole defensive strategy for the school becomes moot. Ice has already been seriously neutered. Let's not let it become like Life, where it is difficult in upper-level dungeons, because healing sets off cheats (and massive cheats, sometimes).

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1305
crystalwizard12345... on Feb 19, 2016 wrote:
>it's obvious to anyone with even a shred of understanding that the system was implemented to fix pvp

wrong. We are playing on a game that was originally designed with a max level of 50. The code has been broken above level 50 and the changes are an ongoing process of redesign. The game has to function with an ever increasing max level and ever increasing stats.

Before the changes, once you got to the higher levels everyone on both sides criticaled every spell and everyone blocked every critical. Maybe not in PVP, but out in PVE, that's how it was. Might as well not have had any critical at all.

The changes are working quite well. You go take a look at any pencil and dice RPG you like and see how the critical hit system works. Go look at the other online RPGs and see how it works. Critical hit is rare, and blocking it is also rare. That is how it should be. Roll two 10 sided dice and get a 0 on both, you critical. What's the percentage chance of doing that? THAT is how it should work. it's getting closer to that now.

It's not the changes that's a problem. The problem is the players that refuse to adjust their strategy.
With the current level cap at 110, fixes to the crit/block system should have been implemented several YEARS ago. To make such a major change now, years into the game and 60 levels past when 'critical' begins is ridiculous.

PvP has been broken since it's inception. It still is, even though KI tries to make changes to make it better. What it ends up doing is breaking PvE. The crit/block adjustment is to 'try' and fix PvP. No one cares if you crit or block like crazy in PvE because it does not affect another player. It only affects the NPC.

Unfortunately, KI listens to PvPers, making changes to the little wizards whiny demands, without consideration how it will ultimately affect the entire PvE population.

As the cap levels increased, KI should have made small adjustments here-and-there to balance everything out. Unfortunately, that's not the case, and when they released the huge crit/block change, it's got a lot of people up-in-arms. Kinda like how people were upset because of the heal rate changes for pets. People put a lot of time and money into making the best wizard they can. They feel like all their effort has been flushed down the toilet.

If it's supposed to be roll-the-dice, then that should have been implemented (with adjustments along the way) a LONG time ago.

Like I've mentioned before, the game should get rid of critical, block, buffs, and all the other non-essential stuff, as it just ruins the game experience and clogs up your inventory and deck

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1305
Frost Wind on Feb 19, 2016 wrote:
"Go look at the other online RPGs and see how it works. Critical hit is rare, and blocking it is also rare. That is how it should be."

I don't care at all what happens in other games. How things should be in THIS game is consistent. Arbitrary changes are frustrating, and this change broke more things than it fixed. We had a critical system in place for years, which players were finally beginning to grok, and gear was finally supporting it well enough to be useful.

You are entitled to your opinion of how you want things to work, but I don't like the new system at all. Rare critical that may or may not work is useless with most decent battle strategies. If it isn't a sure thing, or close, I'm not going hit, so who cares? Double dead enemies don't give me extra reward, and half-dead ones get me killed. Damage hasn't gone up much for 50 levels. Crit and block were the stats to chase from 70 to 100, and many of us did. Mind-numbing hours of farming, for naught. I'm tired of working for things, then having them pulled away

It's now possible to block every critical. That's a failed system.
Exactly, and well said.

I play a LOT of games. W101 is, by far, the most broken and inconsistent. For years, I built up pet heals - that was taken away. I built up resist for my Ice - that has been taken away. I have built up crit and/or block - that has been taken away.

I'm worn out trying to get anything decent to work with, within the game. As you level up, the school you are using gets nerfed. Some people won't notice it, but I've compared lower-level gear to upper-level gear, and the upper-level gear is abysmal in comparison. You can't get anything good clothing in the Bazarre past L45 - for any other gear, it's up to L56 and past that, it's useless.

The whole system needs a serious overhaul

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1305
Dr Von on Feb 27, 2016 wrote:
Arbitrary changes are frustrating, and this change broke more things than it fixed. We had a critical system in place for years, which players were finally beginning to grok, and gear was finally supporting it well enough to be useful... I'm tired of working for things, then having them pulled away.

this is what i have been saying from the start.

if the system was "never supposed to work that way", it should have been fixed straight out of the gate and not arbitrarily changed 50 levels later; people have built entire setups around a system that's been in place for 5+ years, and are understandably frustratedas they now struggle to adapt to this new meta.under the old system, i never cared about critical. i am primarily a solo player and thus played my wizards defensively~ all of them (even storm) had 65%-72% block, because critical didn't keep me alive~ block did.

now, boss critical remains unchanged; the only difference is that, instead of blocking those back-to-back criticals, i can complete a run of darkmoor/insert annoying cheaty instance here without blocking a single hit.

honestly, i've been thinking of switching to a pure critical build on all of my wizards, since blockhas been rendered useless by these "updates".

It appears to me that you seem to complain about a lot of things.

no change ever happened because people stayed silent. in addition, the volume of complaints and cancelled memberships on this board alone should tell you that there are many others who are dissatisfied with the new arrangements as well.

(sorry, try again.)-von
"honestly, i've been thinking of switching to a pure critical build on all of my wizards, since block has been rendered useless by these "updates"."

You and I were talking about this the other day.
I'm not going to be so concerned about block anymore, because no matter how high I've gotten it (70-82%), I block about 1 out of 50+ crits and end up decimated by NPCs that crit all the time in a dungeon and me not blocking them.

I'll start looking more toward critical and see how that works. I still have other gear I can use/combine, but in the long run, I'm so disappointed because of the effort I put into having good gear, is totally wasted.

I am going to experiment with my L110 Myth. She's got several outfits that can be used for Crit/Block, mostly Block, or mostly Crit. Her damage is currently 105, resist 43/all, crit 422, block 350-376 (no Darkmoor gear). I'm going to tweak it a bit to see what I come up with.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2009
20
BrynnerOfReign on Feb 29, 2016 wrote:
With the current level cap at 110, fixes to the crit/block system should have been implemented several YEARS ago. To make such a major change now, years into the game and 60 levels past when 'critical' begins is ridiculous.

PvP has been broken since it's inception. It still is, even though KI tries to make changes to make it better. What it ends up doing is breaking PvE. The crit/block adjustment is to 'try' and fix PvP. No one cares if you crit or block like crazy in PvE because it does not affect another player. It only affects the NPC.

Unfortunately, KI listens to PvPers, making changes to the little wizards whiny demands, without consideration how it will ultimately affect the entire PvE population.

As the cap levels increased, KI should have made small adjustments here-and-there to balance everything out. Unfortunately, that's not the case, and when they released the huge crit/block change, it's got a lot of people up-in-arms. Kinda like how people were upset because of the heal rate changes for pets. People put a lot of time and money into making the best wizard they can. They feel like all their effort has been flushed down the toilet.

If it's supposed to be roll-the-dice, then that should have been implemented (with adjustments along the way) a LONG time ago.

Like I've mentioned before, the game should get rid of critical, block, buffs, and all the other non-essential stuff, as it just ruins the game experience and clogs up your inventory and deck
Yet again I disagree with your statement that it was only meant for PvP. Clearly the people who refute the new system seem to have selective memory. I remember back in the days where you crit nearly every attack and the boss blocked nearly all of them allowing only a few criticals to be successful. Those other criticals that kept getting blocked were useless and had no point of going critical. However I do agree that it should of been implemented a long time ago. To be honest I wish that critical didn't even exist, just creates more RNG in the game and everyone at some point has been burned by it.

I never said you didn't have the right to complain, what I meant to say is that you are exaggerating the effect it has on the game. Yes I am fully aware that there are some that cancelled their memberships in protest, complaining won't get you anything but constructive criticism will. I also think it's a stretch saying that with 70%+ block you block 1 out of 50. This is untrue and people tend to remember all the time they didn't block, and fail to remember the vast majority of times they do. Polaris was poorly planned, I feel like they just threw pieces of coding together just to satisfy the crowd. Yes it is possible to block every critical, but at what cost? The same held true in the previous system where if you had over 100% block you literally can block nearly everyone. Only those that go mega critical might land a critical but I doubt they will survive until then.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2014
40
Ok, Mr. Drake, I'm going to say that you trying to get me expelled in-game was NOT cool. But you made up for it when complimenting me in Dragonspyre. Anyway, I like that you guys have put the percentages up, because I can't really do quick math, so I mean that has been a great idea on your guys' part, but I'm a teeny tiny bit concerned. I mean, ok, so I'm one of those people that has waterworks gear at level 85+, and doesn't really have any real critical, but I mean, after this "change" as the general population of Wizard101 players call it, doesn't really help me, or any other players like me. Allow me to explain, I actually did critical a fair amount before the change, and now, even, with a vengeance, I only critical about have the time. I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of this, but I like that you guys value our feedback! :D

Have a good Mythical day!

-Dakota ShadowForge
(One of the people you tried to expel at level 8 :D)

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
110
I have been asking for the crit/block system to be changed to the current system for years. Now I can know for sure what my probability of blocking is and it's all up to me.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2011
8
I didn't even know about this update til I recently started noticing nobody even blocks anything anymore. I've been playing for weeks now without blocking a single attack on any school character. With enemies' critical increased, and block decreased, storm now dies instantly. Ice isn't very useful anymore as it is now not really a good defensive school, and life has no chance of critical healing which makes life useless for a healing school as well. With everyone losing so much health life's regular heals do almost nothing. I do admit that the block rating was a bit too high previously as criticals almost never actually hit without being blocked, but now this is just a ridiculous change. So many people have complained yet there is no change to this yet. Honestly it would be better if critical and block just didn't exist at all since it's become useless and a negative effect on players. It's also just extra convoluted stuff we do not even need to play the game. I liked the game more before critical/block when people had to learn how to play their schools rather than rely on these extra stats. Pvp is also horrible for anyone under level 60 with no block/critical chances at all and they get destroyed by higher level wizards who do have it. The game is just becoming more and more complex with new add-ons that are not needed, and making the game less fun. Please either fix this or just get rid of critical and block overall. The new jewel crafting is also an extra feature we don't need and makes the game more difficult once again for lower level players. Please also think of how people are affected in the overall game and not just in pvp. Most updates seem to be circled around pvp which is optional and not everyone plays it.

Hero
Nov 22, 2010
749
Oh for heaven's sake. People, please think:

Before the update - with the exception of possibly PVP - once you got past dragonspyre every single player and every single enemy would critical. And every single player and enemy would block. That's exactly the same as not having critical or critical block at all. The only school that was getting any benefit at all was life when heailng.

Of course all most players were actually seeing was the word critical over their heads and thinking they were doing some sort of massive extra attack.

So now, yeah it's a little disappointing not to see critical over your head with every attack, and yes it's kinda painful to see you didn't block a critical attack but:

1. the enemies, and especially the bosses, don't critical that often any more and, more importantly,

2. they don't block most of the time when you do critical.

However, as regards the effect on PVP:

I don't much care. The PVP only players seem to think the entire game should be designed just for them. It isn't and it shouldn't be. Maybe, instead of crying about the changes the PVP only players should develop some strategy that isn't dependent on critical.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
50
I think that the old crit.block system works great

Survivor
Jun 14, 2011
1
Hi I'm sorry I have a problem, recently I have notice that my total critical hit has decreased one percent about every other day. I haven't changed my gear at all, so I don't understand why my critical hit would change? It's irritating because I farmed hard for this gear and it keeps decreasing. Can anybody explain why this is happening?

Survivor
Dec 28, 2011
6
HiddenIntelligence on Mar 1, 2016 wrote:
Yet again I disagree with your statement that it was only meant for PvP. Clearly the people who refute the new system seem to have selective memory. I remember back in the days where you crit nearly every attack and the boss blocked nearly all of them allowing only a few criticals to be successful. Those other criticals that kept getting blocked were useless and had no point of going critical. However I do agree that it should of been implemented a long time ago. To be honest I wish that critical didn't even exist, just creates more RNG in the game and everyone at some point has been burned by it.

I never said you didn't have the right to complain, what I meant to say is that you are exaggerating the effect it has on the game. Yes I am fully aware that there are some that cancelled their memberships in protest, complaining won't get you anything but constructive criticism will. I also think it's a stretch saying that with 70%+ block you block 1 out of 50. This is untrue and people tend to remember all the time they didn't block, and fail to remember the vast majority of times they do. Polaris was poorly planned, I feel like they just threw pieces of coding together just to satisfy the crowd. Yes it is possible to block every critical, but at what cost? The same held true in the previous system where if you had over 100% block you literally can block nearly everyone. Only those that go mega critical might land a critical but I doubt they will survive until then.
I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with Brynner. Many of the changes we see in the game, especially major ones, are to try and correct PvP. Unfortunately, the changes end up making PvP broken even more. So, PvP should be stripped down to nothing and completely overhauled.

I know people who have spent thousands of dollars during their membership getting what they need in the game to succeed, only to have it taken away, drastically reduced, or drastically changed. Some of the changes were announced, but some of the changes were made in the background, hoping no one would notice.

The critical, block situation still needs to be adjusted. I find that if something is good for us, KI takes it away - fast. If a change doesn't favor us, KI keeps it in the game.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1127
TheDuckStopsHere on Mar 26, 2016 wrote:
I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with Brynner. Many of the changes we see in the game, especially major ones, are to try and correct PvP. Unfortunately, the changes end up making PvP broken even more. So, PvP should be stripped down to nothing and completely overhauled.

I know people who have spent thousands of dollars during their membership getting what they need in the game to succeed, only to have it taken away, drastically reduced, or drastically changed. Some of the changes were announced, but some of the changes were made in the background, hoping no one would notice.

The critical, block situation still needs to be adjusted. I find that if something is good for us, KI takes it away - fast. If a change doesn't favor us, KI keeps it in the game.
If anyone is spending thousands of dollars on stuff that exists only as digital code, in order to play a game, they need to take a step back and seriously re-evaluate their priorities! I know the issue is the critical/block system but ... wow!
I'm one of (evidently) the few who haven't been radically impacted by the system re-vamping. And that goes for all six of my wizards. I still critical nearly as often as I used to and the enemies block less than before. I hit critical heals with my Life wiz. All things I've seen argued as "impossible" by a lot of people but the word impossible gets tossed around a lot in this forum. I haven't made any huge changes in the gear I use. I don't PvP so that aspect really doesn't concern me one way or the other but I understand how PvPers feel about the changes... but from what I've read the critical/block system is the least of the PvP problems.
I've been a defender of KI on this issue because I refuse to believe that a company that's in business to make a profit would intentionally sabotage the game knowing that it would cause a mass exodus of players. Whether it causes me a problem isn't the issue though, the enjoyment of the majority of the players is. For every person that posts on these forums there's bound to be a thousand who don't. It's the opinion of this silent majority that's really important and the fact that a lot of people aren't complaining speaks volumes. Some of these folks may have quit out of frustration because they didn't feel as though the problems with a PC game were worth the time and effort to take the time to comment. My feeling is the vast majority of them don't see it as a game-ending problem. Only KI knows for sure whether their subscriber count has been impacted but my guess is that if it has had a serious negative impact on their revenue stream then more changes are in the offing.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
542
TucsonWizard on Mar 28, 2016 wrote:
If anyone is spending thousands of dollars on stuff that exists only as digital code, in order to play a game, they need to take a step back and seriously re-evaluate their priorities! I know the issue is the critical/block system but ... wow!
I'm one of (evidently) the few who haven't been radically impacted by the system re-vamping. And that goes for all six of my wizards. I still critical nearly as often as I used to and the enemies block less than before. I hit critical heals with my Life wiz. All things I've seen argued as "impossible" by a lot of people but the word impossible gets tossed around a lot in this forum. I haven't made any huge changes in the gear I use. I don't PvP so that aspect really doesn't concern me one way or the other but I understand how PvPers feel about the changes... but from what I've read the critical/block system is the least of the PvP problems.
I've been a defender of KI on this issue because I refuse to believe that a company that's in business to make a profit would intentionally sabotage the game knowing that it would cause a mass exodus of players. Whether it causes me a problem isn't the issue though, the enjoyment of the majority of the players is. For every person that posts on these forums there's bound to be a thousand who don't. It's the opinion of this silent majority that's really important and the fact that a lot of people aren't complaining speaks volumes. Some of these folks may have quit out of frustration because they didn't feel as though the problems with a PC game were worth the time and effort to take the time to comment. My feeling is the vast majority of them don't see it as a game-ending problem. Only KI knows for sure whether their subscriber count has been impacted but my guess is that if it has had a serious negative impact on their revenue stream then more changes are in the offing.
Took the words right out of my mouth. I haven't been seeing any negative impact on my wizards and enemies block less. I also don't PvP. I have enough trust in KI to know that this was for the good of the game in the long term. Additionally, I feel much less pressured to participate in the rat race of ignoring all other stats in favor of crit/block gear.

I do have to wonder how many of the people who are making a big stink about this are actually that upset, and how many are just being melodramatic because of a change that had retroactive effects.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2014
40
crystalwizard12345... on Mar 25, 2016 wrote:
Oh for heaven's sake. People, please think:

Before the update - with the exception of possibly PVP - once you got past dragonspyre every single player and every single enemy would critical. And every single player and enemy would block. That's exactly the same as not having critical or critical block at all. The only school that was getting any benefit at all was life when heailng.

Of course all most players were actually seeing was the word critical over their heads and thinking they were doing some sort of massive extra attack.

So now, yeah it's a little disappointing not to see critical over your head with every attack, and yes it's kinda painful to see you didn't block a critical attack but:

1. the enemies, and especially the bosses, don't critical that often any more and, more importantly,

2. they don't block most of the time when you do critical.

However, as regards the effect on PVP:

I don't much care. The PVP only players seem to think the entire game should be designed just for them. It isn't and it shouldn't be. Maybe, instead of crying about the changes the PVP only players should develop some strategy that isn't dependent on critical.
Woah dude. Woah.

A bit (really) harsh. Ok, so, for the one out of a trillion times I do critical, the enemies don't really block. That's a plus. But the plus is so small, that it doesn't really help. About the PVP players, they do wish that the game could have a little tweaks to help them out, but you showing them up like that is not cool. And if you ignore me, then you play some pvp. You'll actually know what it feels like for them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are too big for your britches, find a different pair!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
2
i have played This game a long time now and i had a break for some time now and i cameback to a new world.
i thought it was cool and tired it out then i saw i really never did a crit.. so i was courius and now i have about 20% chance. before i had about 70-80% i had farmed MANY hours and SPEND LOTS of money on this game and Really for me cirt matters Alot and now its kina ruined.. u might just have lost a player please atleast bring it back!! !! !

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
243
I really don't think this system was necessary.

Since Kingsisle was upset that monsters kept blocking too much, then they should have just lowered the block numbers of all the enemies. I never had an issue with monsters blocking too much, since I actually made an effort in having decent stats. I feel that if Kingsisle employees actually made an effort to get decent gear, then they wouldn't have had the issue of monsters continuously blocking, and they wouldn't have felt that the new system was necessary.

Furthermore, critical and block was completely dependent on each other before. If a person had 450 critical and 320 block, as did many people with the full Malistaire set back when the level cap was 100, they would have roughly a 71% chance of blocking. Now at level 100, it's 49%. I get that we have to have some type of way to improve our wizards as we level up, but drastically lowering the stats we already have just to improve them again down the road isn't "improving".

I really feel they should have just lowered the block rating of all the monsters earlier for the old system, instead of making a new and terrible system AND lowering the critical and block rating for all monsters when people were offering so many negative reviews.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2013
5
Now that it's been several months since the big critical change, I can say that I like the changes to the criticals hits and blocks. The biggest problem was the extremely poor implementation of the change. Criticals in Polaris worked ok (but not great) but the other worlds were absolutely horrible because the bosses still criticalled as much as before but everyone's block was significantly reduced. I hope KI learned from their very poor implementation and don't repeat their horrible mistake implementing the change. I know that I will miss many wizard friends who left the game in frustration.

The biggest problem I still see is that Life doesn't get the critical heals the we were used to getting and don't have any damage spells worth bragging about. KI did give life a new star spell to add 25% more damage, but I'm not seeing that helping much because we still have to stack multiple (4 or 5 al least) blades, traps and feints to solo any of the bosses. Some of the new armor is helping so that now I can get around 50-60% on outbound heals, but have to give up a good chunk of resistance to get good healing. I think there should be a separate critical rating for heals at maybe 25% higher than the damage or block criticals or lacking that, then Life should be given much better damage spells. I would vote for the better healing criticals as that should be Life's niche.

I don't even want to start on the problems with the Ice wizards. I'm can't even play mine any more. I'm don't even know whether Ice is even playable any more.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2016
33
Blaze Skullthorn on Nov 21, 2015 wrote:
Tweaking? How about overhauling. A boss yesterday in Azteca crit on me 5 times in a row. 5 TIMES. The new system isn't working. What is that boss's crit rating? 7000?

I've been going on Wizard101 every day now for the past few weeks and playing for hours. When this update hit, I've been playing much less. I didn't even log on today. This update makes me NOT have fun. The game isn't fun when a boss crits on you 5 times in a row and you don't block even one, when before I could have blocked at least 3/5. I'm a solo player. Can't solo anymore! I have to put on my full jade armor to ward off the boss's never ending barrage of criticals. Blocks need to be increased and monsters' crits need to be decreased. This is my favorite game! I've been playing since 2008. But when an update like this hits, it makes me re-think playing it.
You are so right man

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
87
What I would appreciate is at least removing the level penalty of critical. Its already more statistically based, so it makes it more fair. If high level players have done so much to get awesome critical gear, they deserve a higher percentage. I have a max storm, with 434 rating, and he only has 35% when before, it was around 80%. Its only fair?
And allow the word "crit" in Filtered chat.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2222
ok, so we've had this new critical system for over 6 months now, and the biggest complaints that still roll in are about critical blocking. I think the blocking rate needs to be upped a bit. Overall, and I BELIEVE I said it before, the new system makes sense, however, at the rate that nobody blocks critical hits, that should show the devs that they turned blocking DOWN too much. Im not asking for it to be turned up to how it was before, but there IS a middle ground, and a slight tweak would be good

Survivor
Oct 18, 2015
41
I know i'm little late, but now i'm finally experiencing new critical system. It's kinda funny - in old system i never bothered with getting any crit stats because bosses blocked almost everything. Now i don't need to bother with block stats because they crit almost everything anyway :)

Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
15
the new system for crit/block has pushed me to make a better pet! I have a pet with stats all 250 or higher now, and I can once again critical and land almost everytime. blocking however made no difference even when I put at block talent on my pet. that was frustrating. but no the less my death wizard has no problem critical and landing anymore after applying the new pvp pet stats to my pet I made. just letting you all know. pet stats do make a huge difference