Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Certain Things SHOULD NOT Have Level Requirements

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 13, 2011
146
-Crafting quests and badges.

It seems unfair to many level 50 PvPers that you cannot start Zafaria crafting. Therefore, you cannot because legendary artisan and cannot craft spells.

-Gold cap

The maximum amount of gold used to be the same for all levels. It should still be that way.

Starting a world at a required level.

Example: Starting Krok at level 10. Some of us would like to start it at level 9.
Starting Celestia at level 44. I have a life wizard that finished Dragonspyre at level 42. He needs to be 44 to quest in Celestia. There's no reason he should be a higher level. He just might have a questing disadvantage, but there should not be the level cap.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2272
while I dont PvP, I BELIEVE the argument against making the dropped spells easier to craft, was because ti would unbalance PvP. So, imagine a Level 5 player with all of the crafted spells. On the PvE side of it, I would LOVE to craft them earlier, but the way things are now, PvP/PvE, it's nearly impossible to balance the two without a serious revamping of the existing system.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2338
Duncan SpiritWard on Nov 27, 2016 wrote:
-Crafting quests and badges.

It seems unfair to many level 50 PvPers that you cannot start Zafaria crafting. Therefore, you cannot because legendary artisan and cannot craft spells.

-Gold cap

The maximum amount of gold used to be the same for all levels. It should still be that way.

Starting a world at a required level.

Example: Starting Krok at level 10. Some of us would like to start it at level 9.
Starting Celestia at level 44. I have a life wizard that finished Dragonspyre at level 42. He needs to be 44 to quest in Celestia. There's no reason he should be a higher level. He just might have a questing disadvantage, but there should not be the level cap.
All things in this game are set for advancement....NO one that has not completed previous quests can craft gear from ZF. You also have to complete a couple of quests IN Zafaria in order to get to the one that gives the crafting quest. That is pretty much true from Zafaria on. Plus WHY does a level 50 PvPer need to be crafting gear from ZF? Even if you could, you couldn't equip it until you reached the level requirement....If your point is so you can be a legendary crafter, you will just have to do it the same way the rest of us have...Quest for it.

Gold Cap.... So you think a level 1 and a level 110 should have the same gold amount???? That isn't practical...Players earn their gold and as they advance, gear is more expensive than it is for those in the first arc. Plus, I don't remember it being the same for all after the first arc anyway.

If you are finishing Dragonspyre at lvl 42, that indicates you didn't do a lot of side quests which, also means you either aren't collecting the books, roses, smiths and any number of others that you may wish at a later date that you did. Doing Grizz and WT would also be a big boost in XP and Leveling. There is a lot of XP to be gained in WT, but you have to do Grizz first.

Just about everything in this game has a level cap that should be achieved. Myself, I would not want to be questing in the upper worlds and have wizards that are half my level popping in and you will find that most others are the same way.

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
146
DragonLady1818 on Nov 27, 2016 wrote:
All things in this game are set for advancement....NO one that has not completed previous quests can craft gear from ZF. You also have to complete a couple of quests IN Zafaria in order to get to the one that gives the crafting quest. That is pretty much true from Zafaria on. Plus WHY does a level 50 PvPer need to be crafting gear from ZF? Even if you could, you couldn't equip it until you reached the level requirement....If your point is so you can be a legendary crafter, you will just have to do it the same way the rest of us have...Quest for it.

Gold Cap.... So you think a level 1 and a level 110 should have the same gold amount???? That isn't practical...Players earn their gold and as they advance, gear is more expensive than it is for those in the first arc. Plus, I don't remember it being the same for all after the first arc anyway.

If you are finishing Dragonspyre at lvl 42, that indicates you didn't do a lot of side quests which, also means you either aren't collecting the books, roses, smiths and any number of others that you may wish at a later date that you did. Doing Grizz and WT would also be a big boost in XP and Leveling. There is a lot of XP to be gained in WT, but you have to do Grizz first.

Just about everything in this game has a level cap that should be achieved. Myself, I would not want to be questing in the upper worlds and have wizards that are half my level popping in and you will find that most others are the same way.
You need to be able to craft spells at any level if you want to PvP at that level. I want to have the full grandmaster PvP experience. Otherwise, if you want the spell, you have to spend a thousand dollars on hoard packs or farm the Loremaster 10,000+ times.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
253
Duncan SpiritWard on Nov 27, 2016 wrote:
-Crafting quests and badges.

It seems unfair to many level 50 PvPers that you cannot start Zafaria crafting. Therefore, you cannot because legendary artisan and cannot craft spells.

-Gold cap

The maximum amount of gold used to be the same for all levels. It should still be that way.

Starting a world at a required level.

Example: Starting Krok at level 10. Some of us would like to start it at level 9.
Starting Celestia at level 44. I have a life wizard that finished Dragonspyre at level 42. He needs to be 44 to quest in Celestia. There's no reason he should be a higher level. He just might have a questing disadvantage, but there should not be the level cap.
Crafting quests and badges

Not only is it a horrible idea for lvl 50 pvpers to get zafaria crafting to become ever more overpowered with warlord gear, but you shouldn't be able to speed through crafting. Its suspose to be something that you look foward to.

-Starting a world at a required level
The reason why there is a level cap is because people will go through worlds with ease and be like lvl 22 in avalon. Not only is that already a bad idea, but lower level pvp will be completely BROKEN "rip death got left out" Because imagine if people rush through the spiral. Wizard101 would become a little bit (yay death is back) because people would just rush through the worlds like its nothing without level caps and finishing some side quests.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2338
Duncan SpiritWard on Nov 28, 2016 wrote:
You need to be able to craft spells at any level if you want to PvP at that level. I want to have the full grandmaster PvP experience. Otherwise, if you want the spell, you have to spend a thousand dollars on hoard packs or farm the Loremaster 10,000+ times.
You will just have to work toward that goal, but to just be able to jump forward and craft in Zafaria isn't fair to those that did work for it.

I can guarantee you, that others who PvP and have advanced past that stage would not be happy if players were now allowed to gain access to what they did the grind for. PvP has had more than it's share of problems in trying to keep it even remotely doable.

Not only would other PvP players be unhappy but a lot of those who don't PvP would also be unhappy since we all have to work to craft in Zafaria.

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
146
DragonLady1818 on Nov 29, 2016 wrote:
You will just have to work toward that goal, but to just be able to jump forward and craft in Zafaria isn't fair to those that did work for it.

I can guarantee you, that others who PvP and have advanced past that stage would not be happy if players were now allowed to gain access to what they did the grind for. PvP has had more than it's share of problems in trying to keep it even remotely doable.

Not only would other PvP players be unhappy but a lot of those who don't PvP would also be unhappy since we all have to work to craft in Zafaria.
I don't mind working to craft or doing the crafting quests. The problem is that you cannot get access to the Zafarian crafting quest before unlocking Zafaria. You used to be able to craft past Zafaria at any level, but people complained about lower levels having the badges. For PvPers, you would understand my point of view.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2338
Duncan SpiritWard on Nov 30, 2016 wrote:
I don't mind working to craft or doing the crafting quests. The problem is that you cannot get access to the Zafarian crafting quest before unlocking Zafaria. You used to be able to craft past Zafaria at any level, but people complained about lower levels having the badges. For PvPers, you would understand my point of view.
I'm not sure where you got the idea wizards could craft past Zafaria at any level.

Celestia was the last world a wizard could port to a friend and get the crafting quest as long as they had completed all previous crafting. Starting with Zafaria, you had to complete at least a couple of quests to even get to the Crafting quests.

Defender
May 02, 2015
120
Duncan SpiritWard on Nov 27, 2016 wrote:
-Crafting quests and badges.

It seems unfair to many level 50 PvPers that you cannot start Zafaria crafting. Therefore, you cannot because legendary artisan and cannot craft spells.

-Gold cap

The maximum amount of gold used to be the same for all levels. It should still be that way.

Starting a world at a required level.

Example: Starting Krok at level 10. Some of us would like to start it at level 9.
Starting Celestia at level 44. I have a life wizard that finished Dragonspyre at level 42. He needs to be 44 to quest in Celestia. There's no reason he should be a higher level. He just might have a questing disadvantage, but there should not be the level cap.
Crating spells - agreed. I would be much more opinionated about this if I lower level pvped, but I don't.

But the fact is, the level restriction is in place so that KIs low level players are forced to farm loremaster if they want a spell they literally NEED in order to have a chance in pvp.

And because of this they get continue to revenue from the second chance drop chest. Isn't it nice how a simple arbitrary programmed level restriction promises tons and tons of crowns being sent your way? And perhaps more importantly, the thousands of hours of wasted farming spells by the player base.

Gold - not nearly as much of a problem as crafting.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
28
People should be allowed to craft Zafaria and up no matter their level. Not allowing them to craft Zafaria is ridiculous.

Defender
May 02, 2015
120
DragonLady1818 on Nov 30, 2016 wrote:
I'm not sure where you got the idea wizards could craft past Zafaria at any level.

Celestia was the last world a wizard could port to a friend and get the crafting quest as long as they had completed all previous crafting. Starting with Zafaria, you had to complete at least a couple of quests to even get to the Crafting quests.
He's saying that that's a needless crutch. Literally all you do for the zafaria crating quest in some quest having to do with this lion's wife, then the lion lets you talk to him, tells you to meet him in the market, THEN he let's you do the crating quest.

I would be pretty adamant in arguing that it makes less sense that wizards can just port to the next crafter being level, say, 3 than it does for that to no longer be possible because of a quest prerequisite.

If anything, you should have a quest prerequisite for each new crafting quest, but have THAT quest requirement be completing the last craft. Not an entire story arch plus a world.

Make it difficult/need help from higher level wizards, but make it doable. Make it earned.

Just an example that's better than such a silly arbitrary road block.

Make each one one or two quests removed from one another. Not zero for five times and then 200+ for the next.

Defender
May 02, 2015
120
luckguy93 on Nov 30, 2016 wrote:
Crating spells - agreed. I would be much more opinionated about this if I lower level pvped, but I don't.

But the fact is, the level restriction is in place so that KIs low level players are forced to farm loremaster if they want a spell they literally NEED in order to have a chance in pvp.

And because of this they get continue to revenue from the second chance drop chest. Isn't it nice how a simple arbitrary programmed level restriction promises tons and tons of crowns being sent your way? And perhaps more importantly, the thousands of hours of wasted farming spells by the player base.

Gold - not nearly as much of a problem as crafting.
Also, I totally spaced. Probably the main reason why there is a cap now a days:

Lore packs.

KI makes a ton of cash off of low level wizards buying lore packs to try and get an epic level drop specific spell in a pool of 3 with two others.

It's kind of obscene.

No way they'd ever take that cap off, now that I'm remembering this little gold mine of theirs.

Not to say now that I don't agree with you anymore. lol

Defender
May 02, 2015
120
Duncan SpiritWard on Nov 27, 2016 wrote:
-Crafting quests and badges.

It seems unfair to many level 50 PvPers that you cannot start Zafaria crafting. Therefore, you cannot because legendary artisan and cannot craft spells.

-Gold cap

The maximum amount of gold used to be the same for all levels. It should still be that way.

Starting a world at a required level.

Example: Starting Krok at level 10. Some of us would like to start it at level 9.
Starting Celestia at level 44. I have a life wizard that finished Dragonspyre at level 42. He needs to be 44 to quest in Celestia. There's no reason he should be a higher level. He just might have a questing disadvantage, but there should not be the level cap.
And regarding your world level requirement:

I've played the game through 3 times, twice going straight main quest only. Celestia, and I guess Krok (I don't remember) are the only worlds where you can't progress to them if you've only played through the main quests. All other minimum level caps for the "next" world are below what you would be when it's time to go there.

This even happens with the level requirement for getting the quest to train Colossal. I think you're like level 66 before you can even start taking the steps to get to the quest that lets you train it when that quest itself requires you be 64. And I think I remember to get to Avalon you have to be level 65? But I left Zafaria at like 68 on just a main quest line run.

What they really need to do is either give an extra boost to xp in Dragonspyre so players will be 44 by the time they beat it. Or redo all of their math so that it just comes out to that at the end of every world you're literally like 2 to 4 side quests away from the level requirement. Otherwise, what's the point in having one?

So yeah, I guess just remove it as it is arbitrary in 90% of cases anyway. lol.

And as for Krok, it's the second world. lol. I say let the new players run around and do a couple side quests before moving on from wizard city.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2338
luckguy93 on Dec 1, 2016 wrote:
He's saying that that's a needless crutch. Literally all you do for the zafaria crating quest in some quest having to do with this lion's wife, then the lion lets you talk to him, tells you to meet him in the market, THEN he let's you do the crating quest.

I would be pretty adamant in arguing that it makes less sense that wizards can just port to the next crafter being level, say, 3 than it does for that to no longer be possible because of a quest prerequisite.

If anything, you should have a quest prerequisite for each new crafting quest, but have THAT quest requirement be completing the last craft. Not an entire story arch plus a world.

Make it difficult/need help from higher level wizards, but make it doable. Make it earned.

Just an example that's better than such a silly arbitrary road block.

Make each one one or two quests removed from one another. Not zero for five times and then 200+ for the next.
Actually, what I am seeing from OP not only with this thread but several other as well, is that just about everything about the game seems unfair.

KI put level caps on a lot of things in this game from the very beginning. For those who PvP, it became disastrous when lower levels were getting spells well above their wizards level....A higher level wizard could enchant a normal spell and trade it to a lower level wizard and unfortunately, it created a lot of issues in PvP. Thus, KI took steps to prevent enchanted spells NO TRADE. KI has also prevented spells that are available for PvE from being used in PvP.

Zafaria is quest locked. Since the level cap requirement was lowered to 55+ and the Quest "Through This Door" is completed then some may actually be able to become Legendary Artisan. There are still quests to complete in order to buy the recipe.

Learn to play the game as it was intended and work for that goal the same as everyone else... Many have played since the Original release in Oct 2008. We have worked to overcome the obstacles and made progress.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
202
DevinSkullStone on Nov 29, 2016 wrote:
Crafting quests and badges

Not only is it a horrible idea for lvl 50 pvpers to get zafaria crafting to become ever more overpowered with warlord gear, but you shouldn't be able to speed through crafting. Its suspose to be something that you look foward to.

-Starting a world at a required level
The reason why there is a level cap is because people will go through worlds with ease and be like lvl 22 in avalon. Not only is that already a bad idea, but lower level pvp will be completely BROKEN "rip death got left out" Because imagine if people rush through the spiral. Wizard101 would become a little bit (yay death is back) because people would just rush through the worlds like its nothing without level caps and finishing some side quests.
It's not humanly possible to be level 22 in Avalon, lol. If you go through the main quests normally by avalon you should be around level 60-65

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
253
MalvinHawkRunner on Dec 1, 2016 wrote:
It's not humanly possible to be level 22 in Avalon, lol. If you go through the main quests normally by avalon you should be around level 60-65
If you started from wizard101 city to avalon only doing main quests you could probably end up there in lvl 33 with help from friends I think

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2338
luckguy93 on Dec 1, 2016 wrote:
He's saying that that's a needless crutch. Literally all you do for the zafaria crating quest in some quest having to do with this lion's wife, then the lion lets you talk to him, tells you to meet him in the market, THEN he let's you do the crating quest.

I would be pretty adamant in arguing that it makes less sense that wizards can just port to the next crafter being level, say, 3 than it does for that to no longer be possible because of a quest prerequisite.

If anything, you should have a quest prerequisite for each new crafting quest, but have THAT quest requirement be completing the last craft. Not an entire story arch plus a world.

Make it difficult/need help from higher level wizards, but make it doable. Make it earned.

Just an example that's better than such a silly arbitrary road block.

Make each one one or two quests removed from one another. Not zero for five times and then 200+ for the next.
Literally all you do for the zafaria crating quest in some quest having to do with this lion's wife, then the lion lets you talk to him, tells you to meet him in the market, THEN he let's you do the crating quest.

Actually, you are wrong. The quest involves defeating Inzinzebu Bandits to recover crafting supplies. I know this for a fact because I took a level 69 Ice wizard into Zafaria for the first time last night. Which is also my 4th wizard that has entered Zafaria and beyond...I have 2 more that are doing "Trial of Spheres" later today that will also be in Zafaria.

I would be pretty adamant in arguing that it makes less sense that wizards can just port to the next crafter being level, say, 3 than it does for that to no longer be possible because of a quest prerequisite.

It may be just for this very reason, KI saw a need to put a roadblock up to prevent those wishing to craft those spells from being able to further disrupting PvP. If that is such a demand, then maybe KI should just make crafted spells, NO PVP. Do you really want to here the upper level PvPers scream over that? Those who have managed to make it to the top in the Arena have mostly worked hard to get there through all the broken system no less. Now to have lvl 50 PvPers wanting to craft spells they have not earned the right to yet, isn't going to set well with those that did earn it.

If anything, you should have a quest prerequisite for each new crafting quest, but have THAT quest requirement be completing the last craft. Not an entire story arch plus a world.

That is how the first arc is. Complete previous crafting before moving on to next.

Roadblocks are necessary in this and other multiplayer games. Many higher level wizards are hitting a brick wall trying to get Potent Trap. Play the game as intended and earn the right to pass that roadblock like the rest of us.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2338
SAR28 on Dec 1, 2016 wrote:
People should be allowed to craft Zafaria and up no matter their level. Not allowing them to craft Zafaria is ridiculous.
PvP has had more than it's share of problems for several years. Zafaria being quest locked is slowing down more damage being done.

Those same spells are available in TC form in the Bazaar. Or farm Loremaster. But I think it is highly UNFAIR that lower level PvPers think they deserve the right to just pass up everything else in the game to get what they want. It is not only other PvPers who have worked for it but also those who PvE who have done the same. NO ONE in the game is able to craft those spells without first earning that right and completing the requirements to do so.

I don't understand where some of you are getting the idea that any level wizard was able to craft in Zafaria or beyond but, the fact is, NO, the last world that was allowed in was Celestia.

If everything in this game was as unfair as some seem to think it is, there would not be as many players as their are.

Defender
May 02, 2015
120
DevinSkullStone on Dec 2, 2016 wrote:
If you started from wizard101 city to avalon only doing main quests you could probably end up there in lvl 33 with help from friends I think
False. Main quest lines will not let you. Unless you petition KI to give you less xp through out the game.

I know that no one has time to go do the math on xp and level up charts to see that it's impossible to be any lower than level x at point y in the game, but trust me, it isn't. I already posted about this.

The main quest line keeps you at a minimum level throughout the game. <- Fact.

Don't be speculating "the lowest level you think a wizard could be by this world or that world with the help of friends" because the main quest line doesn't care if you've had friends help you or not. It's just dishing out the xp you get for the hundreds of required quests before reaching point x in the game.

For celestia you need to do like 3 high xp dragonspyre side quests.

To get to Zafaria, I think you'll already be around 56ish.

Avalon, I think 68.

Azteca, honestly can't remember. 78?

And Khrysalis, You'll be at 89. I know because I had to play a few quests before I could get to tartarus one run I did straight though.

These are all facts of the minimum threshold any wizard will be at entering these worlds. Which is why all minimum requirements besides celestia are pointless. Not unfair, just pointless. Not to keep low level wizards from gaining access. Low level wizards already can't gain access.

It's like saying (if this were true) the minimum age to rent a car is 14, but you can't get a licence to drive it until 16.

Ugh.