Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Castle Magic - Allow mounts in this area

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 25, 2016
70
So I'm very new to castle magic, never used it at all besides the tutorial. I ported to a friend one day and he was at his dorm, but when I ported I still had my mount on. I asked if it was a glitch, he said no castle magic that allows the use of mounts in other areas of your dorm/house. Now I thought this was cool. So I bought the card to allow mounts in my dorm, but when I port to my dorm I still can't equip my mount. I'm not sure how he activated it so I just assumed you bought the card and presto you can now use your mount in your dorm. I see that is now not the case lol

so how do I activate the card so I can use my mount in my dorm?

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
181
So any castle magic card will need to be placed into a castle magic item before it is activated. If you want it to automatically, I would use a start detector. Buy it, place it in your home, and then you can place the castle magic tc into the start detector.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
268
Do the castle magic tutorial again it shows you how to.

BTW by this i mean read the help book

Explorer
May 25, 2016
70
Moira Stormheart on Apr 18, 2017 wrote:
So any castle magic card will need to be placed into a castle magic item before it is activated. If you want it to automatically, I would use a start detector. Buy it, place it in your home, and then you can place the castle magic tc into the start detector.
Thanx!
That helped a lot :D
I can now ride my mount in my dorm lol.

But now I'm trying to make one room in my house (Botanical Gardens) a stricked no mount room while leaving the rest of the house yes mounts area.

The house already allows mounts inside, so I just wanna get the one room a no mount zone.

For those of you who wanna know why:
It's the wedding room and I know some people who do weddings hate when people are on their mounts. So I thought I'd automatically make it so when u enter the room your mount is taken off while when u leave the room you re-equipt it.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
18
With the current way the "Allow Mounts" spell works, any time it is triggered, everyone in the house will be effected. The opposite "Don't Allow Mounts" spell works the same way. Which means you cannot make a single room not allow mounts, because as soon as any other "Allow Mounts" spell is activated in the house, people already within that room will now be allowed to use mounts.

I suggest making some kind of Allow/Don't Allow mounts spell that will only effect the person who actually activated whatever the activator is. I've encountered many problems like this one in castle magic where you can't restrict castle magic to only effected one person with the exception of spells that only interact with the closest wizard.

Explorer
May 25, 2016
70
Wolf W on Apr 25, 2017 wrote:
With the current way the "Allow Mounts" spell works, any time it is triggered, everyone in the house will be effected. The opposite "Don't Allow Mounts" spell works the same way. Which means you cannot make a single room not allow mounts, because as soon as any other "Allow Mounts" spell is activated in the house, people already within that room will now be allowed to use mounts.

I suggest making some kind of Allow/Don't Allow mounts spell that will only effect the person who actually activated whatever the activator is. I've encountered many problems like this one in castle magic where you can't restrict castle magic to only effected one person with the exception of spells that only interact with the closest wizard.
I was actually able to get the part of the room where the wedding part is (the benches, where bride enters and stands with the boy) a no mount zone using the Magic Room detector. That whole part is set to no mounts and when they leave the target area they get their mount back. Only prob is if people keep leaving while the wedding is happening people inside the circle dector will equip their mounts back. But it's closest I can get and I'm happy with it.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
18
Wolfwhisker on Apr 26, 2017 wrote:
I was actually able to get the part of the room where the wedding part is (the benches, where bride enters and stands with the boy) a no mount zone using the Magic Room detector. That whole part is set to no mounts and when they leave the target area they get their mount back. Only prob is if people keep leaving while the wedding is happening people inside the circle dector will equip their mounts back. But it's closest I can get and I'm happy with it.
Right, the system you have in place will work for one person. If a single person enters, they will have their mounts removed. And if they leave they will gain their mounts back.

However, the current spell, when activated, applies to all players in the instance. So if five players enters the zone, all will have their mounts removed, but if one player leaves, all of them will get their mounts back. As of now I haven't found a way to avoid this and have made this suggestion (among others) to improve castle magic.

Best of luck, Wolf.