Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Fire Gear Level 90

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 04, 2018
Ok I know there are several posts on this but i'm going to get specific. I just hit 90 just as I found the boots/hats recipe vendor in Azteca. I also made my first run through Hades and got one of Hades' hats which actually doesn't look great in comparison to what I have on. The question is should I start farming Hades or try to craft the Azteca gear? I currently have two school quests (Fire/Sun) that I can't finish because they kill me before I can even get a hit out.Here is what I have so far.

Hat: Knightly Helm
Robe: Horned Vestment
Boots: Sandals of Embassy/Poet's Footwraps (I switch depending on enemy)
Wand: Sword of Kings
Athame: Courtly Dirk
Amulet: Life Mastery
Ring: Aureate Band
Pet: Baby Efreet (no I haven't trained it. I don't find the minigames very fun and they're tedious)
Deck: Deck of Simmering Evil

Any help is much appreciated. I've gotten all the spells that I can for Fire school up to the Sun Serpent and still working on the crafted spells. Other schools I have Feint, Satyr, Reshuffle and Colossal that I use most. Help with deck setup is also warranted. Still need the two Sun school spells in Azteca. Also I do a minimalist deck setup to get the attacks out faster but it doesn't seem to help much.

Lastly please be specific. I know Hades gear is great but which ones? Should I farm for them all and switch when needed? I'm currently having that problem with crafted gear. Nobody ever says which gear to craft or why. This is why I'm 90 and haven't even past Azteca yet. I'm mainly looking for a set with high critical and block and I solo most of the time. Thanks again in advance to any advice given. I'm at my wits end with that blasted monkey.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2018
So I ran through Tartarus and got super lucky. Picked up the hat/robes/boots for the cinder set in one go. Went back to do Cronus and picked up the boots for the offensive set. Still trying to get the hang of the new cards and shrink my deck enough to be effective. I also keep running into the bad luck of getting all of my heals and enchants in my had at the start with nothing to put them on. I keep heals in my deck because I don't always have a healer when i'm running a dungeon. Also with school back in session there aren't nearly as many people to team up with especially in the morning or late at night when i'm usually on.

Currently requesting:

Fire deck setup advice: I currently have all fire spells up to Sun Serpent that I can find. I also use Reshuffle, Elemental Blade, Sharpened Blade, Potent Trap, Feint, Furnace, and Satyr.

I still need the wand, hat/robes for the offensive set, atheme, ring, and possibly amulet (not sure I want to change out Life Mastery)

I appreciate any help given. Thanks so much.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Let me start with your gear.

Hat - You mentioned you have the level 76+ crafted hat. It's a good hat and can take you to level 96 where you can obtain another crafted hat from Sardonyx ,Khrysalis.

Robe - The level 84 crafted robe in Azteca is another good one. This is the set I had which took me to level 105 where I began doing Darkmoor.

Shoes - The shoes from the Professor Hoard's Pack works wonders! However other alternatives are out there if you don't have any crowns at the moment.

The gear drops from Hades I tend to dislike. While it may have a little power, it makes your wizard to venerable to attacks and unless you'll have a solid teammate who will be covering for you, you can be taken out quite easily if your resistances are feeble. Power is important, but your defenses are just as important too!
Bosses start out with enough pips to use their Rank 9-10 spells often criticalling in the process; a critical Storm Owl or Lord of the Winter hurts!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Athame,

For your athame, I recommend the Blade of the Felled Titan from Cronus (Tartarus).
This athame provides a huge boost to overall damage while increasing multiple other key stats. Don't leave him without it!

Ring,

In terms of your ring, you'll have to visit Gladiator Dimachaerus in Mount Olympus. Here, he drops the Alpha and Omega Ring.
Similarly to the athame above, it provides overall damage boost among increase other key stats. It's part of the level "90 starter kit" that you'll want to have.

Both these bosses also drop the Exalted Life Mastery Amulet; a huge improvement on your current mastery amulet you've. So, if you're lucky, they may hand this to you during one of your multiple encounters.

Wand - The sword of kings you mentioned needs to be quickly replaced. I recommend just using the wand from Hades. The only downside to this is that you may find it difficult to wand off negative charms such as weaknesses etc.
Hence, you'll have to find an alternative.
If you've crowns however, wands from the Roadwarrior and Immortal Lore Packs works well.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Deck,

You'll eventually encounter useful decks while questing in Khrysalis such as the Case of Engulfing Flames.

Now, when it comes on to your deck, it's now becoming common knowledge that you have two, one for larger boss battles (boss deck) and another for smaller mobs battles.

To speak about the set up of each:

Mob Deck - You seem to have the right idea for the Mob Deck. You only need a couple Meteor Strikes, Colossal, one Satyr (incase things get a little messy), Fireblades, Elemental Blades, Sharpen of course and Furnace. Depending on the opponents health, toss in a couple feints and potent trap as these do stack. You can also toss a couple Fire Dragons in there and a Sunbird.
In your side deck, I recommend tossing a few Treasure Card Blades and possible a few off school rank one spell (Black Cat, Ghost Touch) to wand off weaknesses since you want to avoid breaking your own school buffs.

Your Mob deck can also be adjusted to accommodate boss battles; relinquishing the need to form an entire boss deck on your own but that can be discussed at another time.
Adding to this though, remember to also alter your deck according to the opponents you'll be facing. Add your fire prisms for fire opponents.

Boss Deck - Your boss deck will be a little larger encompassing shields to deal with the boss's school, more healing spells and possibly your global spell; Wildfire. Sun Serpent can also find it's way here but the key is not to fill out every slot. There's no need to.

Post if you've anymore queries.

Good Luck!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Also!

I almost forgot.

One thing I failed to mention was your pet!

Your pet is extremely important and for you, it's a lifesaving partner that follows you everywhere you go!

That being said, you'll need to help your pet to help you.
What do I mean?

I mean you need to join create a decent pet using the Hatchmaking Kiosk within the Pet Pavilion. Try as best as possible to gain a pet that provides a school blade and enhances your offenses and defenses.

This process is of course going to be costly as you'll need to do multiple hatches and pet raising to get an ideal pet, but I can tell you, it'll be worth it.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2018
Thanks so much for the info. I just picked up the wand and the athame and am now soloing Gladiator Dimachaerus. He's real easy if you can get past all the weaknesses he puts on you and going solo lets him have only one Ice minion to deal with. Haven't gotten anything worth anything as of yet from him except the reagents that I'll need later when I can craft my crafted permanent spells. I'm still at Azteca so I'd rather farm for gear that I can get instantly rather than trudging through the main/side quests wondering when I'll ever make it to the next area and how long will it take me to reach the recipe vendor, find all the reagents, and craft the new gear. I was in Azteca for a week before I was able to reach the hat/boot recipe vendor and just as I find him I hit level 90.

As for the pet. I tried once to get my pet at the time up to adult so I can breed and hatch a better one and I love when somebody's pet does a trigger spell but going through those minigames over and over with very little results is more frustrating than running through Tartarus with a team that has no idea how to get through it and they bale on you half way through the final battle. (This actually happened once)

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Congrats on your progress so far!

I'm sure you can now see why I recommended the athame.

Remain persistent with your ring, it complements the athame really well and hopefully you'll get an Exalted Life Mastery.

As it regards to your pet. - I along with about 98% of pet trainers can relate to you about the awful "grind" when it comes on to raising pets; it's the reason why most of us don't raise pets until the bonus comes around.
So, yes, it's not the most entertaining thing in the world, however most players opted to just do the dance game, let it run and just level their pet on snacks.
Whatever works for you.
Point is, you'll have to indulge in the pet training process.

You can interchange between the gear from the crafting vendors and the ones from Hades to suit your playstyle, but as I'm sure you've learned in Azteca, you don't want to make yourself too open to harsh attacks too much.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2018
Thanks for the info. I did some research and made an attempt with my efreet pet and got it up to teen pretty quickly. With that being said, any suggestions on which pet I should get and spend the time leveling? I'm mostly solo so the might cast heal and a might cast blade would be essential. I know that eventually I'll have to breed and hatch in order to get the skills I need but right now I would just like to know what pet would be worth working on and how do I tell a bad one from a good one?

As for the gear, I've had no luck thus far in getting the rest of the offensive gear nor the ring. I was actually in a group that everyone claimed to get the ring but me so I gave up and am trying to run through Azteca. Maybe if I take a break I might have better luck with farming drops or maybe be better at soloing them so I don't have to wait for a team that may or may not even try the side boss. what I need is a recipe for the cleanse charm tc. That will cut down the cost buying 20 or more at the bazaar.

Lastly, and this is only because I just started socketing gems, wear can I find either good universal block and fire critical gems or maybe some life critical gems since my satyr almost never crits.

Thanks again for all the info. I've been passing it along to others especially family who just started playing recently.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
About your pet.

Train it to adult and hatch it with a pet in the kiosk with talents that'll suit your playstyle. Once you get that pet, place it to adult and hatch the new pet again with the same one having the talents you want.
Take that offspring to Ancient, stop, then hatch again.
The reason you're doing this is in the event one fails, you'll have a backup.
If the pet fails at Ancient, forfeit it and hatch using the adult one again etc.

The pet stats are also important, max stats pets ensure that you'll get the maximum number (%) possible from talents such as Firedealer (increases Fire Damage) and Spell Proof (Increases General Resistance).

So, when looking at pets, look to the right as well on their Bar Numbers. Talent Numbers range from 250 - 255. Ensure all the stats are around this range.

Again, I recommend hatching with a pet providing a Fireblade Card.

Don't worry about your healing spells, the gems for critical don't provide enough to have you criticalling on spells unless you wear gear or general gear specializing somewhat in criticals.

Gem Packs are found in the crown shop or you can craft them using recipes found throughout the spiral such as Wozina the EdgeCutter & ( Yaxche in Cloudburst Forest, Azteca.

And don't worry if the bosses are being annoying with drops, you did one of the key fundamental thing we must always remember and that is taking a break and doing something else.

Can't allow it to frustrate us too much.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2018
I have a lot of pets stowed away in my castle but I don't believe any of them have Fireblade. I'll have to do a search for pets with Fireblade and where to get them. Hopefully I can take advantage of the event but a lot of stuff is going on this weekend in RL that I might have to wait for the next one. Finishing up a job today and won't be leaving until tomorrow morning it looks like, my wife turns 50 tomorrow and I still have to get stuff for the party that evening, Sunday we have admin work and a meeting for another job starting Monday, Getting our cat vaccinated and re-homed, then I have to pack and leave again to do a pet sit with 3 cavaliers and about 15 to 20 cairns on Monday.
I won't even get to enjoy Halloween because I'll be out in the middle of nowhere that I doubt will have Trick o' Treaters.

Sorry for the vent. Btw, update for what I've done so far in game.

Hat/Robe/Boots: Hades and Cinder
Ring: Alpha and Omega
Athame: Felled Titan
Wand: Hades Firestriker
Amulet: Life Mastery

I want to thank all the people who helped me, Christopher Firemancer, farm for all of this. Never did get the exalted life amulet but i did land ice, balance, myth, and death.

Made it to Khrysalis and the Lost Wood there. Still got a ways to go before I can craft anything new and I'm now level 96.

Thanks again for all the help. I really do appreciate it.