Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
chrisbot94 wrote:
i think Balance is the best shure i get friends every once in awhile but i have mostly gone solo 8) GO BALANCE! :D

I agree with this because Balance is able to add strength and aim to your person and take away from your enemies.

Courtney StarHeart
Level 18 Balance/Myth Wizard

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
I am a Master Thaumaturge right now, ad before I used to need a lot of help with boss battles and such. But now, I find myself fighting big bosses that I wouldn't normally fight on my own. Ice School buffs up it's students so they can take a lot of damage. They aren't easily taken down and you can last in a battle much longer.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
loset wrote:
You cannot solo anymore because of the new additions

So yeah i tried that a lot of times and failes

you can solo loset ,just with certain classes i have expiremented through to triton with every team up possible there are not many good teams but these two...

balance and life
an unstopable force i never died while testing this
life heals and deals medium small damage with VERY high accuracy while balance will raise attack damage and accuracy, just think stormlike damage with 100+ accuracy

i dont reccomend this one as much but...

fire and death
fire gives you power but not TO low accuracy
while death heals you and deals medium damage

join us and save wizard city with the wizardwinter's we help with quests and even more! 82 joined now...

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Survivor
May 13, 2009
well let see i started a life /death account not to long ago i beat the game very easy for some reason because most of the bosses where death so i had a good adventage against them because of the life spells when i faced life bosses it was easy as well because of the death spells all so it was a good match because when i ran out of healing spells i use death to heal me while doing damge at the same time :) but i still think no matter what even all the thing people say are good life and death are the best schools in the whole game :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Survivor
Dec 05, 2008
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Kilajula wrote:
Through sheer definition of the classes, it is suggested that Fire students tend not to work well with others. However, I'm one to believe that ice wizards are most cut out for soloing. I don't think any class is meant for solo. But ice has a moderate accuracy with moderate damage. They also have a lot of health and shielding options. Perhaps ice with balance or life secondary could solo for a grand amount of time.

i agree ice is pretty good i am ice and i almost NEVER go fight a big boss with a freind and usually i defeat the bosses but really i think no class is that good by its self i mean life is cool but really you just mostly heal life is good for a secondary school but you dont fight tHAT much so its good mix some schools so you can kill the enemies faster

Explorer
May 24, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
myth. you have a bunch of minions to help

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
sghoul wrote:
I think, with grouping becoming more necessary, there needs to be an easy grouping mechanic. A way to find people easily and perhaps even teleport them to where the group is.

yeah awesome idea i have an idea to. it's like the arena, you go to a place and you sign up. you pick a quest, then you pick if you want to join or make a group. then when you found all the people in your group you push the go button then boom! your in the fight. might not work 4 sunken city though got no ideas 4 that.
:P
the smilies mean fire ice strom myth life death balence
your friend,
EMMA MOONHUNTER
Lvl 17 ice goddess 8)

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
I agree with sgghoul. There should be an auto group making. Insert your quest and server unless dont care what server and then it matches you with people cause dungeons and quest where people can not teleport to you when inside in ds and other areas can be a bugger some times. There should be a way to make a group and port to people in a group.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I really don't know i guess all of them storm and and life seems good but i really don't know what to pick i think that all of them is awesome :P. But really to me i would say storm, even though i am ice lol but i picked cause i just wanted to know how its like :D and still storm is something i would do i got a storm character and its great :) hope you pick storm or ice 8).

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
Well first of all, Ice has the least amount of damage for your opponents ,second of all ice has the most Health and Mana. With fire, you can lvl up very quickly. Death is awsome. Life can heal other opponents. Well, By all means they all rule!!!!!!

Luv,
KitKat lvl 20 Ice wiz

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
Autumn frostglade here!! Since I'm Ice/storm i typically think those are the best spell groups. But thats just my opinion.

Ice: It is true that ice has the weakest spells but it has the most mana and health of all the schools.

Life: You must be able to think fast and hopefully heal your teamates.

Storm: Most of my friends do storm. I once met this girl that got to lvl twenty three in 3 weeks.

Death: With death you are able to cast healing spells to yourself while draining your opponents health.

Fire: If you want to lvl up quickly... than you want to be fire.

Myth: With Myth you can have minions fighting along side of you and your teamates

Hopefully thats enough info about some minor schools. Check out the rest of the schools from other players info

Cya around,
Autumn frostglade lvl 20 Ice
(Also known as KitKat!!!!!!!!)

:) :-) :D :( :-o 8) :x :P :?

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
Reading the responses from the first page, it seems like any school+their oposite school = a good match
i am not trying to do this game solo but i drew this conclusion from what people where saying on the first page.
I am a level 27 balance/ storm and only ask for help if i have died 2 or 3 timed before
Cya in the spiral!

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
I think that Balance is the best school for soloing. I have a balance guy who can fight soloing on Marleybone, and Mushu quest. ANd in sunken city i have my balance friend to help me. So i think balance is pretty great for soloing.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2009
It's impossible to solo the game! Sure you could solo MOST of the game, but not ALL of it! You can't solo Malistaire's Lair, because you need at least two people with you to open doors and stuff! And Katz is solo-able, but nearly impossible. Counterweights and Big Ben is possible to solo, but same a Katz it's hard to without. The key to ALMOST soloing the game, though, is to pick a decent class with a decent secondary school and when you go into a hard area that you want to try and solo, make sure you have all your potions.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
i would have to say that myth is the best class to solo with. i made it to the end of marleybone alone i needed help with just the west clock tower and big ben, mooshu was really easy just needed help with two of the oni, but dragonspyre has proved to be a real challenge i've had help with just about everything, but i think that dragonspyre is more of a group world, i have storm as my second school and death as my third, but i think that life and then storm would have been better

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
I think Life. I've died less than a handful of times with my theurgist.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
Death w/ Ice to Tower, Spirit Blade/Trap, Life to Satyr

You get outstanding defense with tower shield and the ability to do the death shield, life/myth shield, death/myth shield, and fire/storm shield. I didn't typically bother to load in those dual-shields but they can come in very handy. You get the second best combined healing in the game (second only to Life/Death) as well. Finally, you get the most flexible minion (x Pip minion spell) to whittle things down or the option to stack blades/traps more than any other class and deal devastating one-strike kills. I know if the thing I'm fighting doesn't shield/weakness I can pretty much one-hit kill anything now...I think the theoretical max with just the cards in my deck would be in the neighborhood of 7k+ damage on a neutral target.

The downside to the Death/Life/Ice combination is a lack of speed. You don't get the shiny x Pip attack spells nor do you get the damage all enemies spells. But those spells aren't as crucial solo where the object is to stay alive while evening the odds as quickly as possible.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
Ok let's review.
Ice-
Most of it's spells have 80% accuracy(ok). Ice has the highest health(good). Ice has the weakest attacks,though.(bad)

Fire-
Accuracy: I think it is 70% or 75%. Worst accuracy. (not so good).
Attacks: Pretty strong. Second strongest(good)
Health: Kind of middle(ok)

Storm
Accuracy: 75%. Bad
Attacks: Strongest of the game. Awesome
Health:Worst (bad)

Death:
Accuracy: 85% (pretty good)
Attacks: Kind of in the middle. Ok
Health: Middle.
Bonus: The good part is with spells like Ghoul and Wraith, you can attack AND gain health.

Life
Accuracy: 90% (best of the game)
Attacks: Second to weakest. (not so great)
Health: Middle.
Bonus: Life members can heal. Some of their healing spells are incredible. Like, Satyr and Rebirth

Myth
Attacks: Middle.
Health: not so sure.
Message: Myth is the only wizard I haven't made, so I have no experience, so this could be wrong.

Balance

Attacks: Third to best
Health: I think second to most
Message: If you have been down in the balance school in Krokotopia, you will be astounded with the spells.

Let's caclulate the results:
Worst school to choose: Fire or Myth
Best to choose: Balance (by far)

Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

a very good point but myths minions dont do that much damage. i am a master ice wizard i have many of friends to help me, but i do believe when i do fight a boss by myself its very easy. when my health started to get low, i used ice armor so the boss didnt hit me for the rest of the fight.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2008
Fire is the best class to solo game with. IT is the coolest that they have in this game. :D