Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance. . . What a joke. . .

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 17, 2012
275
I think that Balance is really the least balanced school. Not saying that it is the worst, just the least balanced. It specializes in utility. That is it. The REAL most balanced school? It is likely to be Fire. Not saying that it is my favorite, because my favorite is Storm. To be the most balanced school, they are not particularly good nor bad at anything. They also have to have unique moves(in this case, Immolate).

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
21
I think you just got defeated by a Balance in PvP. Fire? The most balanced school? You almost made me laugh. The most Balanced school WOULD be Balance because each school has a specialty. You must be joking. Fire.

-Gtafreak101

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3171
Guye17 wrote:
I think that Balance is really the least balanced school. Not saying that it is the worst, just the least balanced. It specializes in utility. That is it. The REAL most balanced school? It is likely to be Fire. Not saying that it is my favorite, because my favorite is Storm. To be the most balanced school, they are not particularly good nor bad at anything. They also have to have unique moves(in this case, Immolate).


I won't lie, Balance is pretty... uh, unbalanced. It lacks several crucial abilities that the other schools have, which makes it very hard to play before level 60.

That said, what makes a powerful wizard is knowing your limitations. I have an archmage Balance wizard~ she can't hit as hard as my Death or Storm, and, some days, I'm pretty sure that even my level 34 Life wizard could outhit her. But I've made the best of the situation, learned how to maximize the skills that she does have, and she's a tough little cookie; that said, it does take a very-specific personality to play a support-school well, and I don't have it.

/my 2 cents.

El Veeb/Shadowsong/Deathwhisper
archmage sorceress & necromancer

Defender
May 24, 2012
199
Part of Balances advantage is that no one has shields for it. It's blades work for any spell so if you're carrying spells from different schools in your deck your Balance blade works for all. Balance can boost your treasure cards. My Balance girl does pretty well in duels. It's just another way to fight. Not good or bad, just different.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
105
Balanced means it has a little bit of everything in the school, like balance fire myth storm death ice and life attack which balalance has plus blades and traps for al schools and shields and spears for all schools except balance but they still have at least one thing form every school which makes it balanced.
~JohnDragoncatcher Archmage Sorcerer~

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
116
I don't know. My Level 45 Balance is pretty much helping my Level 76 Life through Avalon. She only beat Jabberwock with the Balance's help. A Level 45 holding her own in Avalon (and she was the one that got Jabberwock in the end) has got to have something going for herself. Balance is pretty awesome and we hit with spells that incorporate three schools and if they're balance like judgement, only a tower shield works against them. I think we're pretty tough. The only school I like better is Life and that's because I like healing. My Level 45 is Life second. No wonder she can rock and roll.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
275
kohner00 wrote:
I think you just got defeated by a Balance in PvP. Fire? The most balanced school? You almost made me laugh. The most Balanced school WOULD be Balance because each school has a specialty. You must be joking. Fire.

-Gtafreak101
I got defeated by Balance Creatures. But that is not the point. I did not say that Balance is a horrible school. I just said that it is unbalanced. I will admit that Storm is not a balanced school, but I love it anyways. But why is fire NOT Balanced?

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
21
Guye17 wrote:
kohner00 wrote:
I think you just got defeated by a Balance in PvP. Fire? The most balanced school? You almost made me laugh. The most Balanced school WOULD be Balance because each school has a specialty. You must be joking. Fire.

-Gtafreak101
I got defeated by Balance Creatures. But that is not the point. I did not say that Balance is a horrible school. I just said that it is unbalanced. I will admit that Storm is not a balanced school, but I love it anyways. But why is fire NOT Balanced?


Nearly same attack as Storm, more resist in it's waterworks gear, DoTs, and you also said they have no specialty. Which is Dots. The balanced schools COULD be: Myth or Balance. Everything else has a specialty, power, healing, RESIST, and more.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
503
Guye17 wrote:
kohner00 wrote:
I think you just got defeated by a Balance in PvP. Fire? The most balanced school? You almost made me laugh. The most Balanced school WOULD be Balance because each school has a specialty. You must be joking. Fire.

-Gtafreak101
I got defeated by Balance Creatures. But that is not the point. I did not say that Balance is a horrible school. I just said that it is unbalanced. I will admit that Storm is not a balanced school, but I love it anyways. But why is fire NOT Balanced?


The accuracy (though my Ice seems to fizzle more often then my brother's Fire. >.<) and health aren't the greatest, but they'll do in a pinch.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
79
Hi! Balance is sort of unique to play and I change decks more often when I play Balance than any other class. It does have a bit of everything. :) The real key is small, small, small decks. There is a really great guide on deck building here:

http://wizard.mercenaries101.com/the-broken-mold-how-to-thrive-as-balance-in-the-new-paradigms/

Good luck to you!


Defender
May 22, 2011
105
you are seriously WAY off. balance is balanced. - mumbles - if you had a balance wizard you would think so too, i have SIX.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2012
2


I believe this thread should be retitled to "This.....is all a joke"

Least balanced school? balance is an advanced school; just like death; and is a combination of every school. you started this thread with out knowing about balance whitch is kinda insulting to Sorcerers.

Balance is balanced because it uses all the abilities of the other schools to its advantage while still using its original talents. In other word, a school on harmony.

Fire, rofl, is not balanced at all. They focus on one source of magic that is based on emotion and can burst out of control at any minute.

Pyromancers are supposed to be very powerful, but have quick tempers. Sorcerers on the other hand are powerful in that they can use other school damage spells at their advantage, also they are supposed to be broad-minded, and in their mind everything deserves consideration.

And how can you be storm and call balance the most unbalanced school?


Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
58
Balance has to be one of the most over powered schools ever since the Avalon update. No one uses star auras around us and limit their pips and attacks as best as possible. We also get every school's blade and trap plus our own. How are we a joke?

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
2
I really don' t see how Balance school isn't balance. Take Hydra for example, it uses the causes the same amount of damage for three schools of magic, the same goes for the Chimera spell.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
83
NeoNebula17 on Oct 7, 2012 wrote:
I think that Balance is really the least balanced school. Not saying that it is the worst, just the least balanced. It specializes in utility. That is it. The REAL most balanced school? It is likely to be Fire. Not saying that it is my favorite, because my favorite is Storm. To be the most balanced school, they are not particularly good nor bad at anything. They also have to have unique moves(in this case, Immolate).
how could you say that Balance is unbalanced?! how can you think that fire is more balanced? the accuracy is the lowest in the game. can it heal? barely. can balance heal? yes,yes it can. balance can do everything except steal other peoples life. as a lvl 75 balance wizard i take being called "unbalanced" offensive. i can weaken a monster, sheild myself from it, power up my self, and take it down. and if it hits me i just heal my self. as for unique moves balance has lots of things that everyone uses. example? the Balanceblade. ps:i can deal over two thousand damage without any buffs

Explorer
Jul 23, 2012
80
Fire is one of the most balanced schools because almost every school has a DoT.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2012
6
NeoNebula17 on Oct 7, 2012 wrote:
I think that Balance is really the least balanced school. Not saying that it is the worst, just the least balanced. It specializes in utility. That is it. The REAL most balanced school? It is likely to be Fire. Not saying that it is my favorite, because my favorite is Storm. To be the most balanced school, they are not particularly good nor bad at anything. They also have to have unique moves(in this case, Immolate).
lol rofl i love that post

Explorer
Dec 19, 2010
54
quilteddawg63 on Oct 7, 2012 wrote:
Part of Balances advantage is that no one has shields for it. It's blades work for any spell so if you're carrying spells from different schools in your deck your Balance blade works for all. Balance can boost your treasure cards. My Balance girl does pretty well in duels. It's just another way to fight. Not good or bad, just different.
I can say to shields right now tower shield and legion shield.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
70
What a joke?????? Balance can heal, can kill, can boost as well! For all schools! I think you are very very very very wrong, sir!!!!!! Hmph. Hmph. This is the meanest thing I've heard.
--Ashley Deathflame, Balance, Level 60 (angry!)

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
864
Hey, balance isnt bad. You probably went against a balance in 1v1 and you lost. And about fire being balanced it is in some ways, it has a little bit of this and a bit of that but it doesnt have everything..

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2161
Grim2626 on Oct 8, 2012 wrote:
Balanced means it has a little bit of everything in the school, like balance fire myth storm death ice and life attack which balalance has plus blades and traps for al schools and shields and spears for all schools except balance but they still have at least one thing form every school which makes it balanced.
~JohnDragoncatcher Archmage Sorcerer~
Balance is not balanced. Yes, we have different spells that include other schools, but we have NO DEFENSE against actual balance spells, ie, sandstorm, swarm, Ra, Judge. Balance is far from what it should be and has been left in the corner too long. We have NO 80% shields. The Spirit and Elemental shields are only 50% as they should be but unless you train all the shields for other schools the tri-shields aren't of much use. That still does not help us against the actual Balance spells as mentioned above.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2011
15
NeoNebula17 on Oct 7, 2012 wrote:
I think that Balance is really the least balanced school. Not saying that it is the worst, just the least balanced. It specializes in utility. That is it. The REAL most balanced school? It is likely to be Fire. Not saying that it is my favorite, because my favorite is Storm. To be the most balanced school, they are not particularly good nor bad at anything. They also have to have unique moves(in this case, Immolate).
balance isn't that bad if you know how to use it is is actually a really powerful school

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
4
Hey guys,

I think most of yous are putting too much technical thought in this, its called balance due its unique ability to take bits and pieces of every school referring to "the balance of all schools" which if you care to google and look at the 'Magic triangle', you'll see balance is directly in the middle of the fire, ice, death, life, storm, myth display. Its not called balance for its balance in game playing techniques and strategies.

Just like every other school, it has its own unique spells and strategies, in my own opinion i think it does have a basic balance of everything, has the tri shields for every school, its ability to blade for any school spell with the spirit and elemental blades stacked with its balance blades. The ability to heal, aswell as its mass damaging spells and if built correctly, putting training points to use etc. I think balance is a very deadly school, But of course has its down falls aswell. (like its Inability to shield against its own school, etc.)

So its rather patronizing to post a topic focusing on one specific schools faults, Since every school has faults, that's what keeps the game in working order. You as the player are able to mold your wizard into the strategy you enjoy using or are good at.

I actually took the time to read all the school lores and i found balances to be more interesting, i like to play wizard101 as a kind of role player, i like to read everything and get into the emotion of the storyline, unlike most people who just skip most npc conversations and dialogue lol. Its more enjoyable to get into a game emotionally, instead of just whizzing (no pun intended) through it as something to do
Thats just my say on things

Kindest regards.
Malvin Redtail ~ Legendary thaumaturge

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
44
Eh, I think you're forgetting that each school has its own pros and cons. Balance is well... uh..... different, but if you have the right gear, (I'd recommend Waterworks gear) and you're the right level, balance can be pretty powerful.... although that doesn't mean it's balanced. Not that I'm a balance wizard, (I'm ice.)
~Maddie

Survivor
Feb 26, 2011
15
the only thing i think is really strong in balance is judgement