Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance 3rd school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
I am a balance/life wizard and my third school is storm. Is that a good combo. I am kinda worried that its not. and please don't sat death up to feint and ice to tower shield cause i want an element that i do all the way.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
AuraSphereRiolu on Apr 13, 2013 wrote:
I am a balance/life wizard and my third school is storm. Is that a good combo. I am kinda worried that its not. and please don't sat death up to feint and ice to tower shield cause i want an element that i do all the way.
Storm have anything unique you would need. Train life up to Satyr, then start Death up to Feint or Ice up to Tower Shield.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Unless you invest in the Mastery Amulets as you get to a higher level and get the change at gear that improves your power pips chance out of school spells become an expense you may not be able to afford in battle.

After making a few wrong choices on my first wizard I have decided to stay pretty much true to my school on all the rest of my wizards and only get extra spells that would enhance my school given ones as there are quite a few that do that out there.

I usually start with the tri-blades and traps from Niles, given free to Balance, the Stun Block from Diego, the shield offered by the girl in the fairgrounds (none for Balance), if you use the idea of small deck the reshuffle from the trainer on Colossus Blvd helps, free for Balance. At level 50 I start the Sun Spells (fists) from the pit in Celestia Base Camp, you don't have to take the accuracy ones to move on with them and continue them to Colossus in Drum Jungle.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
I did the feint sadyr and tower sheild and i was wrong it was an epic combo thx.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
As a fellow balance wizard, I feel an obligation to tell you that it is a bad combo.

I don't know what level you are, but a secondary or tertiary school is utterly useless past level 50; save your points for the enhancement spells that are available later on (level 52+), as they will help you more. And trust me, you don't want to buy back your points at level 80, like I had to... it's expensive, and a general pain.

My balance wizard's "secondary" school is Death to Feint, and that's it. That's my suggestion to you as well~ Death to Feint, or Ice to Tower; you don't need Life's healing spells, as you will get your own down the road~ until then, use your Pixie.

I know it's not what you wanted to hear. But trust me, you and your/your parents' wallet will thank me later.

-von

90 balance/death
74 storm
53 life
28 myth/ice
22 fire

Survivor
May 25, 2009
My best combo for being balance is having my secondary school being ice in order to get their tower shield. I would then direct to death to get feint; and i know people love to go for life to get satyr, but balance already has helping and availing hands. On the hand balance is also not a very high damaging school so the feint comes in handy when soloing those bosses. But if your one of those people who carry treasures for feints and heals. then I suggest saving up training points to get spells like polymorph treant and amplify.