Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Azteca Polymorphs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 17, 2011
I'd like to continue this from a previous thread, that is now locked, but I think it would be nice if someone could explain the strengths and weaknesses of the Azteca polymorphs.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
As you're aware, Polymorphs allows the caster to temporarily turn into another creature (shown by the spell) gaining it's attributes.
In terms of the ones available in Azteca, there are a total of three. Namely:

Polymorph Icehorn -
Polymorph Jaguar -
Polymorph Pteranodon -

Let's take a look at each.

Icehorn - The Icehorn is an type creature. It has a total of 4000 health, resists by 80% but shows a boost to incoming spells (as you'd imagine) by about 30%.
The spells among it's arsenal are:
- Balanceblade, Bladestorm, Elemental & Spiritual Shield, Hex
- Stun block, Tower & Legion Shield, Frozen Armor, Iceblade, Frostbite, Handsome Formori & Ice Breaker ( 4 Pip Wand attack dealing 275 damage and steals enemy's shield).

Thoughts: This Poly seems to be ideal in supportive play rather than offensive. Spells such as Frost Giant, Blizzard and Snow Angel are not in your arsenal, forcing you to use weaker spells such as Frostbite. You don't even have Icetrap, but you're equipped with solid defenses to help in group play.

Jaguar - The Jaguar is the Polymorph. It has a total of 3,500 health and resists by 80% but shows a boost to .
It also has a bonus attribute of 40% outgoing healing boost.
Attempted Javascript Attack With COLOR
Spirit Armor, Brilliant Light, Sanctuary, Satyr, Goat Monk, Dryad, Regenerate, Rebirth & Ritual Blade (4 pip wand attack doing 50 + 405 damage & 50 + 255 over three rounds).

Thoughts: The Jaguar's primary purpose is to heal. This is why it's offensive spells are low. It does a great job at healing and keeping others alive, hence, it is not to be used as an answer to attack enemies.

Will look at the final one in the next upcoming post.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Now for the final polymorph.

Pteranodon - This is the creature. It resists spells by about 50% but has an incoming boost to spells by around 30% or so. It has only 2,500 health.
The spells among it's arsenal includes:

- Feint
- Stormblade, Stormtrap, Windstorm, Wildbolt, Catalan, Tempest, Leviathan & Thunder Spike ( 4 pip wand attack with 100% accuracy dealing 550 damage and giving yourself a stormspear).

Thoughts - This isn't the greatest polymorph. I'm not sure if you have any outgoing damage to add to your attacks but with health of only 2,500, you won't have a lot of time to end things if you are soloing. Your only AoE is also tempest.

Overall, I don't recommend anyone train in this school (). Instead, work on your current school and wizard own's attributes as you'll find that you'll be far superior to these polymorphs.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
I would still not recommend using them, but:

The Icehorn is built around support. It comes with several buffs such as Elemental Blade, Bladestorm, and Hex despite being an Ice polymorph. It also comes with both Legion and Tower Shield for defense, as well as a pseudo-heal in Frozen Armor. It cannot hit very hard, however. Without external support, the best it can do is a Handsome Formori with the three buffs I already mentioned.

The Jaguar is an upgraded form of the Treant polymorph. It can buff its healing capabilities through Brilliant Light and Sanctuary, and knows spells like Satyr and Rebirth. It makes for a pretty decent healer for Azteca and Khrysalis if you have no access to Life Mastery, but it quickly reaches the point where it takes too much damage. Another minus here is the absolute lack of 0-pip spells. You have to build up pips before casting this, or pass during the polymorph. Plus, if you have to polymorph for an emergency heal, taking a turn to do this makes it quite likely that you won't be able to deal with the emergency quickly enough.

The Pteranodon is, of course, a hitting polymorph. It has several buffs such as Stormblade, Storm Trap, and even Feint. It can hit with Leviathan or Tempest, both of which are pretty decent at the time you can get to this. Its major downsides are its lack of health, being horrifically squishy even in comparison to actual Storm wizards. It also has a lackluster damage stat (if any) and no damage enchantments for its hits. So even though it has most of the cards to hit well, you still will not be able to hit all that well.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2015
Basically they are like all other polymorphs. Not as good stats for a weakness to one school and a bit very good deck. I’ll use one as a tc every now and then maybe in mooshu, but otherwise they are no good at least imo

Survivor
Sep 17, 2011
Thanks to all of you so much! It's really been nice to have some advice.