Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 07, 2012
Survivor
Mar 13, 2012
I've been playing this game on and off for at least 8 years, there is nothing wrong with playing a game you love. i'm an older gamer also.

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
Yes, I am an older player with two kids. My daughter actually got me started on this game when she was just starting Jr. High. Now, she's graduated. But yes, there are a lot of older people that still love and play Wiz101

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
I started playing with my kids. They are now grown and out on their own and I still play. I still watch Disney and Dreamworks movies too.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up, however, is entirely optional

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
I am 26 and play and stream as often as possible

Survivor
Aug 20, 2018
I am an older player as well.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2010
Hello Fellow Players :

My son and I have been playing this game for about 8 years give or take.. I'm 54, and he's 33. Yep... Plenty of older players in here, its a great game, for all ages. :)

Survivor
Jul 26, 2018
i am old i am almost 16. so i am not that old

Survivor
Mar 02, 2016
Older player here. Nothing wrong with enjoying what was intended to be a kids game. They get all the good stuff these days. Me and my kids love it. Been playing off and on for a few years now. I even got my boyfriend into the game. Lets just say there is a large community of older players here. No shame in enjoying your time. Plus, this is so much better than the Roblox community that also has a lot of older players. Enjoy your gaming experience.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
I've been playing for many years, started with my son who is now a Jr. in college. Over fifth tea. :)

I play with a friend that I met randomly and later found out we had kids the same age. I still enjoy playing!

Survivor
Feb 08, 2014
I'm not that old, but I'm not 8 years old. XD

Cuz I'm level 69 and I know a lot about the game.

- Gavin Shade

Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
I am also an older player. I don't usually broadcast it, but one time someone told me that they felt a little self conscious about their age because they were in college and most of the players here are much younger. I thought it was funny and said that I am much older as well. When pressed for how much older, I replied that I watched first run episodes of the original Star Trek. The person then replied that I was "creepy" old and immediately unfriended me. Sheesh!!! I have a wizard avatar and I'm building an aquarium and someone responds like I tried to lure them into a van with offers of candy. So, that is why I keep my age to myself and just enjoy playing my necromancer.

Survivor
May 13, 2018
I'm in college right now and this game is literally part of my coping mechanisms :)

Survivor
Jul 07, 2012
Survivor
Dec 11, 2015
Older Myth Wizard HereHave been playing off and on since 2009 I have been known to help out others a lot and on Special Events, when I do help people, I often gift packs to them! It helps to be friendly

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
I've been playing since December 2008 and I've grown with this game over the years. It's definitely been a wild ride through here through all the updates and people I've seen come and go.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2010
I've been playing off and on for 9+ years. My oldest grandchild got me started she is now 17. I love this game, not only do you battle, you can craft, fish, garden, train pets and KI works on having a safe play enviroment. I play with my younger grand boys now, but I play on my own too. I have two accts so the kids play on one (I also have wizards on there too) and I play with them. Since I play mostly during the day, I come across many moms and grandparents as well as dads too. Enjoy the game, its great!

Explorer
Mar 09, 2011
I played alot in 2011 and signed up for A membership after getting married and having A kid I just returned 6 years later alot of changes with the same basic principle I love this game truly addicting and lots of fun,once my daughter gets A little older I am sure she will be playing right along side dad,took a break for awhile but happy to be back in the spiral!

Survivor
Sep 13, 2018
I'm an older player. Old enough to have a dad who watched the moon landing live at his school and old enough to know who all the old movies actors and stuff are

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
A few years ago the University of Hartford, in Connecticut did a demographic study which revealed many older players in W101. Also, AARP has mentioned Wizard101. From these facts, I think we can safely conclude that there is a wide spectrum of age among the "young wizards," taking classes at Ravenwood.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2017
older player, I was around when the game first started. seeing the tv commercial at a very young age is what lead me to coming onto this cite. I mostly still play ( I am a teenager ) because it's a less tense game when it comes to other players. I don't have to fear being beaten to death by a higher level and losing stuff. Anyways, I am still active and wouldn't mind a chat buddy, lol.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2016
I am twenty two and i also am infact an older player :)

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
My first MMO was EverQuest, if that answers your question!

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
I'm not sure how old is "older"
I am considered a legal adult, but rather you consider me old or not is a matter of opinion.
I did start playing this when I was much younger though so, take that as you will.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2017
in college and still playing lol