Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2012
Depends on the server you are on

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
older player here.
Lets just say I am retired. YAY

Older players are more polite I noticed also.
I can't remember all my tunes names, but usually I play two. So look for the girl on a double seated mount.
Usually two Mary's together but have others.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2011
I've been playing this game since it's release. I'm rather old myself, and find it utterly enjoyable.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2011
I believe there are quite a few "older" players in wizard101. I myself am an "older" player. 38 yrs. My wife also plays. 36 yrs. and some of our friends play as well. Our kids got us into it but once we started playing we found that we enjoyed the game a lot. I've also talked to some older players in-game, so yeah i think it's safe to say this game is for all ages and all ages play.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
Older here too. Took the game over from my nephew who grew into more "action-packed" games. I'm kinda hooked on Wiz101 now after helping him out here for a couple years.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
tejawiga on Aug 28, 2016 wrote:
Seven years later (since someone last posted on this topic)... I notice fewer player in general are playing. I solo anyway, just playing quest lines (no pvp). Just curious if older players have a time and place where they gather.
I wondered about this too. I am an older player doing main quest play, no pvp (because I found the trash talk annoying), I would like to be able to team up occasionally for certain quests that absolutely require it, like Darkmore and the new Brandon's Dragon quest (forgot the name). The extra spells would be nice to have but I just can't make it through those in particular.

Maybe there is an Outlyers Pub or such LOL

Survivor
Feb 19, 2011
I know that theres a group on facebook that is for adults over 21 years of age. they strictly follow all rules of wizard101 and they all are very helpful group. Search for Wizard101 Adult Facebook Group. Good Luck

Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
I'm 17 and I still play this game for some reason.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Reckless6000 on Oct 2, 2016 wrote:
I'm 17 and I still play this game for some reason.
I feel like many consider it a kids game even though most of the little kids who play this game can't play it properly. It's meant for all ages and it annoys me when people make fun of it (not that you are) but I feel like these people are just judging a books by their covers. Sometimes people just have to let other people be themselves.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I'm a older player I have been in the game for a long time now

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Am I old? Surely 21 isn't that old. I think I am just crossing the threshold between young and old. That is if you are comparing my age to this game that I play too much. Seriously, I need to stop. I've got things to do. I already have back problems.

It's nice to see older players in the game. I am still surprised every time I find a Grandma, but that's what makes the game so special. You have the opportunity to expose yourself to so many different people yet you can treat them equally, and in turn make a variety of friends.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
I'm an older adult with adult children and I **love** playing this because of the lack of drama. I enjoy helping others out. I currently play my main character on Centaur and really enjoy playing to play. No pressure to keep up with others, and the story lines are way more fun then an online game I played years ago with friends.

Come find me and we can play together. My main is Deirdre MythCaller.

t100angel

Survivor
Jun 03, 2014
I play occasionally ( it's really boring now) and I'm 18.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I am old enough that to me, anyone in their 20s or younger is *not old.* Lol

I agree with those who said this game is 'fun for all ages.'
I also am of the mind that as long as everything is kept "rated G," and polite, age doesn't or shouldn't matter in online gaming.

Personality is what matters in there, at least, to me.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
I know this post is old like me lol but if any other older gamers out there have a space in their friends list and want to hunt feel free to hit me up I currently have most of my wizards max only my fire and ice are still a work in progress let me know happy hunting.

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
I started playing in 2009, and love this game. Now that I am retired and a widow, it keeps me going and entertained.
The grandkids have moved on to other games. I have all level 110 schools. I even PVP and have warlords, lol.
Would be nice to friend and quest with other players my age or younger. Have no idea how to contact you Pieldeangel.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
do older players ever get together in a particular realm at a particular time/date...just to meet and greet?...also I have another question...a previous post indicated he/she was looking for players to game with but failed to list any information as what name is their wizard or what realm they like, and a general time they like to play...so my question is: how is someone going to find them?...I have seen these type of posts with people very eager to help but little info on who(wizard name) and where they tend to hang out...my wizard is Gabrielle Ravenwalker who is usually in Centur realm and usually on a prism rabbit at the commons/ravenwood if not in Avalon.Would also like to meet with someone to do the last dungeon in Avalon...its my last quest, so I'm not farming...its one of those loooong battles!

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
Oh yes, I started to play 8 years ago when the game started with my grandson, and have been hooked ever since we all play here at our home. Hubby too!

Survivor
Aug 22, 2013
I was first introduced to Wizard101 by one of my mom's friends nephew.
We spent night at their house and I was bored, he introduced me to Wizard101.
When we got back home I decided that I wanted to get a account for myself but it had
no membership or open chat so I just went with that for about 4 years, It was 2010 when I had my first
account which is the muted/no membership one. Years later I stopped playing until I got bored and realized I still had Wizard101. I logged in and remembered I had no member or open chat, so, that's when I created a new account and now I've been playing it for about 6 years. I've made a lot of great friends and seen a lot of great places that I couldn't go to on my old account. I love Wizard101 and will continue on loving it. And it'd be fantastic if KingIsle keeps updating Wizard101 with great updates and new worlds and spells etc etc. So in a short sentence, I'm one of the older gamers playing Wizard101.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2016
I am a old player I have played the beta it was awesome :-)

Morgan storm

Survivor
Sep 07, 2010
Another older player here, we do have our own drama here too but it is easy to ignore. Sometime people do "steal" traps and make hits that someone else set up but all the players get credit in the circle so.. in the end it is just annoying.
Welcome to the game I have been playing a very long time, I think you will like it a lot, it gets better as you level.. pvp is fun because you play real people, very challenging! Plus the castles, GARDENING and pets add a lot to the game

Have fun!! and use that ignore button, don't try to reason with the negative folks
Iridian JadeThistle

Explorer
May 25, 2016
I've been playing since 2011 :D
I did have a lvl 80 storm. Rather not discuss what happen. My new account now says been playing since 2016, but my very first account was back in 2011 :)

Survivor
Dec 20, 2016
I'm an older player. As in, I've graduated high school.

Survivor
May 11, 2011
Class of 1986! How's that for old?

Survivor
Dec 20, 2016