Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
pawpaws on Feb 23, 2019 wrote:
LOL too funny, it is true kids have a lot of time used up with school and homework but what do you think adults do all day?.
We work 9-5 or more at jobs too pay bills buy food and cloth our family, we cook we clean we do laundry, we take care of our kids and pets ( if we have them). So basically adults work from 6 am till 9pm. Weekends too, there is still child care cooking cleaning etc. ( and getting our kids to do that homework ). so I think most adults have less game time than kids
But hey adults can buy subscriptions easily right? :P

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
WolfKnightmore on Feb 24, 2019 wrote:
But hey adults can buy subscriptions easily right? :P
But hey adults have to buy food and cloths for everyone, also pay bills like the internet, electricity, water, TV your cell phones and ours, the list is very long. kids get an allowance just for being a kid. Maybe you should save your allowance since you have no "needs" then you can pay for your sub. or crowns.

Sub. is only $9.95 a month not much at all and if there are more than one sub. in the house then they are only $6.95 a month
All my kids are adults and 2 of them play, my 3 0f my grandkids also play but pay for their own subscriptions. $6.95 a month. that's just over 1/4 of their weekly allowance of $20.00

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Careesa11 on Dec 10, 2018 wrote:
To Laadyx, I am an 'older' player. Though I do see to many young players who are rude and obnoxious to other players. Your age doesn't matter here. Only that you enjoy playing the game, no matter what your level is.
I totally agree a lot of teen players act well, like teens they can be rude, stuck up and have no sense of team playing. This is a multi-player game so we're supposed to play together, meet new people and have fun. Not get mad when someone joins your circle or play only for yourself. Example, lets say you are an wizard, there is another wizard in your circle, you have one pip but the other has 4 pips but instead of helping him to hit you put an elemental blade on yourself instead of him/her. Extending the length of the fight unnecessarily. Another thing I see often is players with full health putting putting shields on themselves rather than someone who is low on health.
TEAM SPIRIT EVERYONE lets have fun and be respectful to your fellow players

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
I just turned 68. I started playing in 2009 until my Myth Wizard was level 34 and then put the game on hold.
I decided to give it another look when the Decaversary came out in conjunction with Halloween, which is my favorite holiday in the game. My Myth Wizard is now coming up on level 105. I still like the Myth school, I think it's a bit underrated.

I really like the community. Most of the players are quite friendly and not elitist.

The game has a fair amount of depth, much more so over the span of time than it had originally.

In terms of game design, KI has done a great job to allow the gameplay scale up to 130.

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
Vrill on Feb 25, 2019 wrote:
I just turned 68. I started playing in 2009 until my Myth Wizard was level 34 and then put the game on hold.
I decided to give it another look when the Decaversary came out in conjunction with Halloween, which is my favorite holiday in the game. My Myth Wizard is now coming up on level 105. I still like the Myth school, I think it's a bit underrated.

I really like the community. Most of the players are quite friendly and not elitist.

The game has a fair amount of depth, much more so over the span of time than it had originally.

In terms of game design, KI has done a great job to allow the gameplay scale up to 130.
WELCOME BACK
I also enjoy playing my myth, it was difficult at first, but as you level up it gets easier.
If you need help, I am a message away........
Hope your travels are safe and fun.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
pawpaws on Feb 25, 2019 wrote:
But hey adults have to buy food and cloths for everyone, also pay bills like the internet, electricity, water, TV your cell phones and ours, the list is very long. kids get an allowance just for being a kid. Maybe you should save your allowance since you have no "needs" then you can pay for your sub. or crowns.

Sub. is only $9.95 a month not much at all and if there are more than one sub. in the house then they are only $6.95 a month
All my kids are adults and 2 of them play, my 3 0f my grandkids also play but pay for their own subscriptions. $6.95 a month. that's just over 1/4 of their weekly allowance of $20.00
I was kidding about being an adult equals you can buy membership.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
" This is a multi-player game so we're supposed to play together, meet new people and have fun. Not get mad when someone joins your circle or play only for yourself."

Not everyone is an extrovert. Not everyone is in the game to socialize, make friends, or meet people. Not everyone considers other people "fun" and that should be OK. It's their game.

If someone wants to quest alone I think that is up to them.

Joining someone's battle without asking is another kettle of fish entirely. That isn't about socializing but about adding a monster with less effort for the one joining. There is no reason not to ask first. It's been covered in the past but the other person could be on their last health or could be in a real life hurry or could have more wizards to play as that day.

It isn't up to other people to judge or force how someone else plays.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
SparkleTude on Mar 1, 2019 wrote:
" This is a multi-player game so we're supposed to play together, meet new people and have fun. Not get mad when someone joins your circle or play only for yourself."

Not everyone is an extrovert. Not everyone is in the game to socialize, make friends, or meet people. Not everyone considers other people "fun" and that should be OK. It's their game.

If someone wants to quest alone I think that is up to them.

Joining someone's battle without asking is another kettle of fish entirely. That isn't about socializing but about adding a monster with less effort for the one joining. There is no reason not to ask first. It's been covered in the past but the other person could be on their last health or could be in a real life hurry or could have more wizards to play as that day.

It isn't up to other people to judge or force how someone else plays.
Yes thank you for joining my fight just as I finished off the first two mobs. Adding a third one is no problem and thank you so much for letting me do your hard work for you.

No, no apology is needed. No thanks are necessary. I live for random people just dropping in on my fights.

And the reason I don't chat immediately is I am trying to be adult enough to realize that whatever I say WILL be taken the wrong way.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2011
OP = Are there many older gamers playing W101?

Yes there are!

Survivor
Jan 03, 2011
I'd say there are more "older gamers" than younger gamers in higher levels.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
me and my significant other are both adults, and me, them, and a couple other grown friends play together. also earlier I was playing with someone who was a parent. They just passingly mentioned their children. Definately an adult filled game

Survivor
Oct 29, 2010
I am also an older player. Not yet a grandmother, but I do have three grown children. I started playing years ago with my son. I have been away from the game for about three years now, but it seems I always come back. Who doesn't want to go to magic school? No matter what age!

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
I'm also an older player, I first joined a little more than a decade ago. I also think online games in general like Toontown Rewritten are made up of older people now. It's rare to find someone who isn't an older teen or an adult, atleast for me.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2015
Well, I'm probably not as old and wise as most everyone here... Hello though, I had an older account back in 2009, I was just a kid then so this is more of a "childhood game" to me. I'm an adult now, and made a new account back in 2015 for a fresh start (and because I forgot all that information to my older account in 2009, oops) I probably have double the fun in this game than I did at a younger age, not sure why. Wish I got to meet some older players in the game, only people I ever seem to run into are others with a mean attitude, hard to tell who is who.

-Katherine ShadowStone

Survivor
Dec 13, 2012
Hi there I am an older player I have been playing this game off and on since my son was a toddler he is now 14 so over a decade and this game has been one of my favorite games to play :0) I have about 4 wizard my highest is my death wizard which by the way is currently level 114 and my myth wizard is level 4.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2015
i'm 23 and i once met a U.S. soldier in zafaria.
and just recently i met an Italian player. not only does this game have a diverse age set but also a global scale of players. i just wish open chat was open to 13 years + players instead of 18+ and more phrases. im excited for the Aladdin remake so i've been greeting folks by saying "Salam worthy friends" (yes i'm aware that its spelled Salaam but the filters) i'd really enjoy seeing the more cultural greetings that people give around the world in this game

Survivor
May 09, 2010
I'm 19 years old and I play Wizard101 on and off... I keep coming back to it always! The interior decorator in me is always looking for a good deal in the bazaar for my houses lol. If I'm not doing that, then I'm farming for reagents for crafts. One of my classmates was an active player until not long ago, too. Timeless game!

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
LaadyX on Jun 21, 2009 wrote:
I just started playing this game a few days ago and I must say, I was rather impressed. I just got the feeling that whoever was behind its creation had taken great care when working it.

I'm feeling sort of bad at the moment, though. Since we're not allowed to post ages, let's just say I'm not a little kid anymore. I asked my boyfriend if he thought I was being too kiddish and he said "a little" but that it was no big deal and that he wanted me to have fun and not have to worry about drama. Because before I started playing W101, I played another online game that has been full of drama lately. People are constantly KSing you (kill stealing which is where you purposely run off and attack something someone else is already working on killing which can mean them losing credit for the kill in the end) , even higher levels (we're talking people in their's 80's and 90's, it's nuts), and you're always getting called names and people can just be really rude in-game. Unfortunately, the reporting system is more complicated than it should be and the reports seem to be largely ignored and the rules are almost never enforced unless one involving money is broken. It's stressful and games weren't meant to be stressful, they were meant to be fun and help relieve stress.

I like this environment but I guess I'm just wondering how normal it is to be playing this game as an older individual. Please don't post any ages though as it would seem that is not allowed. :)
ive been playing this since i was 9, now im 17