Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Adult version of the game

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
5
Please dont get me wrong, I LOVE this game. This is just an idea I am throwing out here. I would like to see KI develop an adult version of the game. The wizards would be adults and although there would still be filters in place, it would not be as restrictive. I think KI has really hit on something special here and would like to see it extended into "luring" more adult players. Keep up the great work KI!

Explorer
May 22, 2008
76
Are you aware of the recent addition of 18+ chat? If you're 18+ in age and a subscriber, you can type anything in the exception of profanity.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
16
Krax wrote:
Please dont get me wrong, I LOVE this game. This is just an idea I am throwing out here. I would like to see KI develop an adult version of the game. The wizards would be adults and although there would still be filters in place, it would not be as restrictive. I think KI has really hit on something special here and would like to see it extended into "luring" more adult players. Keep up the great work KI!


Well what if they made your wizard an adult. Would you like that? It would be cool to see who are adults and who are kids, based on the size of your wizard.

Maybe KI would think about doing this please!

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
14
I (and a few people that I know play) would definitely move to an adult server.

It would be nice to be able to chat (turn off filters etc.) and hang out with (in a virtual sense) people in our own age bracket. Not only that, but maybe we could test out trade with gold and crowns, or test a new auction house system for the game. Working out bugs as well as letting people interact a little better would go a long way.

On the flip side I do see why they don't do that. This game really is for everyone.

I keep the hope alive deep inside, that one day, just maybe, my kid-like stature will change into an adult, complete with facial hair.

I know there are a bunch of adults playing this game, and we all like it (otherwise we wouldn't be here still), and having a server or two to ourselves would just make this game even better.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
37
As an adult, I agree with the PPs. I would like an adult server, more freedom with chat, and I like the idea of more freedom to trade. As a parent with children that play wiz101, I appreciate the filters for them, but it's so frustrating trying to tell someone what level you are when you're in a battle, etc.

I also would like to see adult wizards. This might even be a further protection for the kids on the game if we had to stay on the same server (I probably would stay because I help my sons all of the time). I've seen people saying things like "are there any young boys here?" or "don't worry, I'm a cop." If adults were FORCED to have an adult persona, then the kids would know who was a creep to avoid.

Just an idea thrown out there.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
5
Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
1
It'd be cool to have a sequel to the game where you have an adult wizard (more customization, facial hair, etc). Rahter than be a student of one of the schools, you'd start out as the teacher of that school, then run around and do similar quests to save whatever workd on the spiral (new worlds of course).


Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
14


Hi Folks,
I think having an adult server is a great idea, maybe even 3 like what was first said, for the different age brackets, I'm 33 myself and I simply can't stand the constant bickering, begging, and the distracting of others who don't know how to respect others. My experiences are wide and many, from constant trading requests as if expecting that I'm going to give them cards(without even saying anything to me), from constant friend requests from people that just expect me to drop what im doing to go and help someone I dont even know. I'm not one to just accept a friend request and thats it we're just best friends, and then expected to bend over backwards, sorry but IM quite the opposite, for me making friends takes longer overtime. Now these are a few instances, and I know that friend and trade requests can be turned off, but is that what I have to do now to avoid these interferences? Certain other situations are me battling 2 monsters at once then someone will jump in bring a 3rd and 4th then bail, after I killed 3 and was working on last one, the SAME person came back and pulled another one then bailed again!!!!, this is starting to happen alot more and its really beginning to anger me more and more and something must be done, I want to something implemented where another Wizard just cant jump in battle, without the consent of the Wizard already fighting. Because what happens is if IM fighting a tough battle and im on the verge of dying, and someone else comes in and brings in a couple of more then IM for sure dead....not only that but it wastes time for me to not only have to stay in battle with more that I didnt want or I die which takes time to start at beginning and collect health and mana and make my way back there its inconvienent, which Is why I hate fleeing...its time wasting, I only get a certain amount of time to play anyways, I dont want to have to keep repeating things If I dont have too.

Thanks,
Christian

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
4
Just like SOE's Free Realms is in many ways a kiddie version of Vanguard, I'd love to see an adult version of Wizard 101, something with similar mechanics and a more sophisticated storyline.

But in the meantime, I like the idea of an 18+ server. Even if all the chat and trade restrictions remained in place, I think I would find it a much more pleasant environment.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
2
jester15x wrote:


and I know that friend and trade requests can be turned off, but is that what I have to do now to avoid these interferences? Certain other situations are me battling 2 monsters at once then someone will jump in bring a 3rd and 4th then bail, after I killed 3 and was working on last one, the SAME person came back and pulled another one then bailed again!!!!, this is starting to happen alot more and its really beginning to anger me more and more and something must be done, I want to something implemented where another Wizard just cant jump in battle, without the consent of the Wizard already fighting. Because what happens is if IM fighting a tough battle and im on the verge of dying, and someone else comes in and brings in a couple of more then IM for sure dead....not only that but it wastes time for me to not only have to stay in battle with more that I didnt want or I die which takes time to start at beginning and collect health and mana and make my way back there its inconvienent, which Is why I hate fleeing...its time wasting, I only get a certain amount of time to play anyways, I dont want to have to keep repeating things If I dont have too.



I agree an adult server is need. I myself am tried of being hung out to dry by kids fleeing battles. That reason was the main reason why I start a second account and duel box Wizard101.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
10
I can see the value of an adult server to a lot of players, but I probably wouldn't use it myself. The lesser reason is that I rather enjoy the diversity of having adults and kids play together, even if from time to time I get slammed by an act of immaturity. Of course, having a dedicated adult server wouldn't put an end to that.

But the greater reason is that I enjoy playing with my kids, as well as nieces and nephews, and they have quite a few years before they'll be adults.

Survivor
May 20, 2009
3
An adult server would be awesome. I would love to play with mostly
mature people. In fact I see no reason why there shouldn't be a
set of servers for each age group. xD

Like a bundle of servers for Under 13, 13-17, 18+, and servers everyone have
access to. That way we can all stick to our age groups if we want. But I'm sure
people can easily lie about their age to get into whatever group they want.
Which is why I would suggest giving perks! Certain perks or buffs of some
sort to reward people for staying in their own age group server. xD

Just dreaming I guess. It will probably never happen.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1708
Just play after the kids are in bed. I play after 10 pm (when I get home from my night class) and most are adults (adult talk flagged) or older teens. They all seem serious outside of WC (WC, esp the commons, is always a pain :) )

After midnight, you can sometimes be alone in a section of a realm. (Really nice for collecting reagents, terrible if you need help on something.)

So...just play Hawaiian Style...err, Hawaiian hours, and you should be fine

Survivor
Aug 31, 2009
11
Quantize wrote:
Are you aware of the recent addition of 18+ chat? If you're 18+ in age and a subscriber, you can type anything in the exception of profanity.


Where and how is that? I'm over 18 and it's ridiculous what I can't type in.
How do you set that up?

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
4
I have to agree also, an adult server is an excellent idea...with option to play either the adult or main servers, my wife and I could play with our adult friends on the game and still be able to help our children, nephews etc... when they need it.

The most disturbing part of this thread is it has been around almost 2 months and no mod has made a single appearance to even acknowledge its existence.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
25
Sorry to break y'alls bubble and be the devil's advocate, but are y'all aware of the expenses and time it would take to do what y'all are proposing?
I do think that the Wizard growing up into an adult idea would be cool with facial hair changes and such, but come on... 3 servers??? they would have to jack the prices up to double or triple what it is now. And redoing all the quests and schools and such would take so much programing and time.
Lets get real people.
Sorry if I sounded harsh, its just reality. The game is awesome as it is and was intended to be how it is, though they are working on higher level things, advancements, and such. PLUS they did fix the CHAT restrictions so that you can speak your numbered level and also say nearly anything.

Eh.

~David SoulFlame
LVL 50 Pyromancer
~David SoulHunter
LVL 36 Sorcerer

Hero
May 19, 2009
791
ChaoticLee wrote:
Sorry to break y'alls bubble and be the devil's advocate, but are y'all aware of the expenses and time it would take to do what y'all are proposing?
I do think that the Wizard growing up into an adult idea would be cool with facial hair changes and such, but come on... 3 servers??? they would have to jack the prices up to double or triple what it is now. And redoing all the quests and schools and such would take so much programing and time.
Lets get real people.
Sorry if I sounded harsh, its just reality. The game is awesome as it is and was intended to be how it is, though they are working on higher level things, advancements, and such. PLUS they did fix the CHAT restrictions so that you can speak your numbered level and also say nearly anything.

Eh.

~David SoulFlame
LVL 50 Pyromancer
~David SoulHunter
LVL 36 Sorcerer


Putting in a mere 3 severs would not increase the price 2 to 3 times. servers are added all the time to keep up with the growing number of players. As for the new adult character animations that wouldnt take nearly as long as you think(which in this case you dont) chaoticlee. There wouldnt have to be any changes made to the schools or the current quests to add this feature. In ds there are dozens of adult boss's, in which they could use as there mold for the adult wizards.

Not saying that i aggree with this idea just saying that its possible

Survivor
Feb 20, 2009
9
Krax wrote:
Please dont get me wrong, I LOVE this game. This is just an idea I am throwing out here. I would like to see KI develop an adult version of the game. The wizards would be adults and although there would still be filters in place, it would not be as restrictive. I think KI has really hit on something special here and would like to see it extended into "luring" more adult players. Keep up the great work KI!




Thats a good idea, but the whole concept of this game are kids at a wizard school trying to help save the spiral. It would have to be a totally different game; just by KI. W101 was made for kids, and thats why it has so many filters. Your idea is good, but this is just my opinion.
:-) Keira Stormrider lvl 38 Theurgist :)

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
412
I would love the idea of having an adult or more mature wizard.

However, I don't think there is a server that can be created for adults. One many of us are parents who play with our kids. Two, I am not convinced that the "begging" and rude behavior is only done by kids.

I have this nagging feeling that it wouldn't matter what kind of server KI made Kids who want to would find away on and I am NOT playing police.

Another thing in my experience, when adults get together online the whole thing changes to become some "adult" rated place where manners are tossed out the window.

Among these kids adults hold their tongues and that is a good thing.