Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

$25 for game mechanic? Redistributing points?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
It costs $25 to be able to use power pips for others schools on one wizard. Really? Come on, at least make it droppable, or purchasable with gold. Why even have a subscription option if all the good stuff is bought with crowns only anyway? Why even have a reason to get gold anyway?

Plus, redistributing points should always be cheap. I caved in and paid $10 to redistribute my points on one wizard, then you had a sale. It shouldn't be a temporary sale. That was so lame.

Administrator
I'm beginning to understand why Zeke hates to repeat himself. The original posts contains the following statement.

These items are current not available as drops from creatures, but will be available as drops from creatures when we release Wintertusk.

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Dipsas wrote:
It costs $25 to be able to use power pips for others schools on one wizard. Really? Come on, at least make it droppable, or purchasable with gold. Why even have a subscription option if all the good stuff is bought with crowns only anyway? Why even have a reason to get gold anyway?

Plus, redistributing points should always be cheap. I caved in and paid $10 to redistribute my points on one wizard, then you had a sale. It shouldn't be a temporary sale. That was so lame.

If this post sounds rude or mean, I apologize up front.

You don't get around the game much, do you? Using Power Pips for other schools is not a game mechanic. Do you see NPCs using Power Pips for other schools? It's essentially a cheat that KI turned into a business entity, which I think is a good move.

And you are very wrong about all the good stuff being Crown-only. You can easily complete the game without usig a single item from the Crown Shop. The best non-Crown, easy-to-obtain gear available to you will always be close by in Olde Town. That's ONE of many reasons to gather your gold.

You're also wrong about the point redistribution. KI made the sale so Wizards with Crowns could better plan their strategies with the new Mastery Amulets. If you're not one of those Wizards, you should never have to use that feature. Even if you do make a mistake when choosing your secondary and tertiary classes and spells, the smart Wizard will find a way to work around it. If there is no way to work around it, just shrug it off and spend $10, which by the way, is not hard to come by. If I look hard enough, I could probably FIND ten dollars lying around my neighborhood.

Please don't complain about things that have a definite reason for why it is. If you don't know that reason, think it through a little before ranting on the boards.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer and Running Out of Taglines

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
I'm beginning to understand why Zeke hates to repeat himself. The original posts contains the following statement.

These items are current not available as drops from creatures, but will be available as drops from creatures when we release Wintertusk.

Poor old Zeke. I've seen this message like three times in a day.