Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2 new Skeleton Key bosses... Eh. Ok.

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 13, 2011
I will not state disappointment about this update, but I can say, I kinda expected perhaps 3 new Skeleton Key bosses, like almost usual in the game's Spring updates. Having 2 new Skeleton Key bosses this time, while nice, is a bit hollow. There's no new Stone Key boss this time, come to think of it. Oh, well. Perhaps next time.

I can presume it takes weeks to create one new Skeleton Key boss, given some people have spare time to do it, considering KI's always working on major story updates in-between seasonal updates(kinda a routine for W101's updates now), with the process going towards making one includes all the concept, artwork(if new ones need it to make their appearances unique from most boss mobs), modelling, slight re-texturing of replicated existing boss mobs, coding the spells, cheats(should they be needed to tougher SK bosses), script writing, & VO recordings, & last, managing, if any can be made, it into updates' scheduling processes.

My thanks for having more SK bosses, KI, even if we do have slightly less this time. If you can read this, I would perhaps like to see 4 or 5 new Skeleton Key bosses for next time, if you can, that is, for variety increases. I won't get my hopes up on that, but, nothing is ever impossible, so... who knows?

Survivor
Oct 13, 2014
It would have been nice to add 3-4 I agree but what about putting say 1-2 for each world?

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Balance Blaine on Apr 13, 2018 wrote:
It would have been nice to add 3-4 I agree but what about putting say 1-2 for each world?
That would be nice, but we know there's bound to be more if each world has one at minimum. I wish they would add more new Skeleton Key bosses a bit more frequently.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2012
Why not just add a skeleton key to bosses who already exist. I know that many would play the same boss many times, just for a backlog of keys, and so pick the ones not currently being played, and add a key.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Gorman Deathstalke... on Apr 19, 2018 wrote:
Why not just add a skeleton key to bosses who already exist. I know that many would play the same boss many times, just for a backlog of keys, and so pick the ones not currently being played, and add a key.
There are lots of bosses that may need their loot tables updated to give them Skeleton Keys, but that'll take time. It won't be far long, anyway.