Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Spell Would You Banned From PVP/PVE?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Alex watersinger on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
I think loremaster should be banned from PvP although this will sadly never happen.
I dislike the Loremaster spell in pvp also, but I don't think it should be banned. Because of the damage it does and the two effects it leaves behind, I think it should require 5 pips to cast instead of 4. This would certainly reduce the amount of Loremaster spamming that is so common among Balance wizards.

Wolf Windrider
Keepin' it imaginary

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
All Dispels from pvp

They are abused so much in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 to the point where all you really need to do to a healer or hitter is just dispel them every turn so they are basically crippled. If they aren't removed they should at least cost 3 or 4 pips per dispel so people actually have a chance to fight back instead of being helpless the whole fight by being spammed with them every turn.

Mason Greenbane Exalted

Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
I'd simply have to say Balance's Mana Burn, and Supernova. (Not Power Nova) This especially goes for people who prefer to build up pips and stay somewhat defensive, and for people who use bubbles in general. It only takes two pips to destroy a bubble, and do decent damage. Srsly?

Supernova: So let's say i'm using Infallible. No blades, just a Collosal to buff my spell. The guy in front of me has a 50% shield and I plan to punch through it. Balance guy has about four power pips, and pops Supernova. Boom, in the blink of an eye, with only one power pip, this guy did decent damage to me, AND practically destroyed my offensive capabilites. I am now in fear of using a bubble in general, while the balance guy can freely pop bubbles for days.

Mana Burn: Ususally, you could say it's better to have as many pips as possible, to either do considerable damage with, or to even play defensively while retaining an ability to go offensive. Mana burn can change all of this in the blink of an eye. If your opponent happens to be balance, and he seemingly waits for you to build up your pips, your practically screwed in your first rounds. You may have four power pips, he may have three. he uses Mana Burn, and boom; I believe your down to two, unless it counts three pips in general, whereas you have one power pip left. I can't comprehend how it could possibly be fair to use a person's pips, AND their bubble against them to do considerable damage.

Conclusion: Balance is good enough without those two abilities. Already, it's easily in the Tier 1 slot in PVP. Good healing capabilities, good damage with the cards it has, i'm sure you've all been hit by a buffed Scorpion... good defense, especially if they already have good innate resist, they don't need these two low-cost, high reward cards. They already have a solid everything. This just increases there already great reputation. At the least, ban these two cards from PVP.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2012
PvP would be SO boring with out the use of TC. Could you imagine going into PvP with a low level wizard going against higher level wizards? What would they do? Vampire them to death? lol Wyvern them to death? lol No. Don't think so. Not to mention the disadvantage my Level 30 Ice Warlord already has a hard enough time going against nothing but Grand Warlords...Using Wyvern only on them would never work. They will never ban TC *rant over* Back to the Subject: I think wild bolt should be banned. It's cheap and requires no skill or pips. I can't stand going against Storm...all they do is wild bolt spam. A-n-n-o-y-I-n-g!

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
1. Judgement
2.Wild/Insane bolt
3.People using treasure cards in ranked matches
James Darkforge Level 68

Survivor
Jul 05, 2012
Brynn SilverHeart on Jul 15, 2015 wrote:
PvP would be SO boring with out the use of TC. Could you imagine going into PvP with a low level wizard going against higher level wizards? What would they do? Vampire them to death? lol Wyvern them to death? lol No. Don't think so. Not to mention the disadvantage my Level 30 Ice Warlord already has a hard enough time going against nothing but Grand Warlords...Using Wyvern only on them would never work. They will never ban TC *rant over* Back to the Subject: I think wild bolt should be banned. It's cheap and requires no skill or pips. I can't stand going against Storm...all they do is wild bolt spam. A-n-n-o-y-I-n-g!
I'm a Storm, but I still really don't like Wild bolt or Insane bolt. Wild bolt is a waste of pips, and unreliable. You never know what damage you get, critical or not. Its terrible. Insane bolt, if you're in a ranked match, that's practically an easy win-for the opponent-because you're either hitting yourself for over 10k, or you're hitting your enemy for around 1k+. So unless your opponent has low health, then it won't kill them. But you might hit yourself, that's a guarantee kill unless you just happen to have Storm immunity. But I can't say that I want to ban every spell 95-100, because a lot of it's useful...to me, anyway...because I happen to be 100. Especially Shadow spells. Exalted PVP depends on who gets the first Shadow pip now...
Even though it's my school, I hate going against Storm as well...they normally spam the newbie spells, or they spam
Balance is not balanced, they are overpowered. Almost as bad as Storm. But its fun to use if you're the Balance, hehe. But I was playing on my Balance the other day, and because if you're going to do Ranked PVP, others play unfair, so you do too if you want a chance to win. My Balance is a level 34, and I was using Ra, Chimera, Power Nova. Now, sometimes this never works. I lose anyway.
But the TC and over-poweredness gets too far when there are seriously low level characters. I was doing PVP on my 34 Balance the other day, with my Dad too. He was a level 36 Balance as well, defense. I was damage. We were going against a level 17 and a level 10. We thought this was going to be super easy, we underestimated them. We lost, we couldn't get any hits on them, because they had Warlord gear. It was insane. So I don't agree with entirely banning TC, but at least they limit them to 10 or 20 levels above you. And perhaps they should make it so that you have to be a certain level to qualify for a rank..

- Laura Stormblade

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
I would ban jade gear. In my opinion I think it really unbalances the schools.

~Cass MoonHeart 100

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Inabstract on Jul 12, 2015 wrote:
I'd simply have to say Balance's Mana Burn, and Supernova. (Not Power Nova) This especially goes for people who prefer to build up pips and stay somewhat defensive, and for people who use bubbles in general. It only takes two pips to destroy a bubble, and do decent damage. Srsly?

Supernova: So let's say i'm using Infallible. No blades, just a Collosal to buff my spell. The guy in front of me has a 50% shield and I plan to punch through it. Balance guy has about four power pips, and pops Supernova. Boom, in the blink of an eye, with only one power pip, this guy did decent damage to me, AND practically destroyed my offensive capabilites. I am now in fear of using a bubble in general, while the balance guy can freely pop bubbles for days.

Mana Burn: Ususally, you could say it's better to have as many pips as possible, to either do considerable damage with, or to even play defensively while retaining an ability to go offensive. Mana burn can change all of this in the blink of an eye. If your opponent happens to be balance, and he seemingly waits for you to build up your pips, your practically screwed in your first rounds. You may have four power pips, he may have three. he uses Mana Burn, and boom; I believe your down to two, unless it counts three pips in general, whereas you have one power pip left. I can't comprehend how it could possibly be fair to use a person's pips, AND their bubble against them to do considerable damage.

Conclusion: Balance is good enough without those two abilities. Already, it's easily in the Tier 1 slot in PVP. Good healing capabilities, good damage with the cards it has, i'm sure you've all been hit by a buffed Scorpion... good defense, especially if they already have good innate resist, they don't need these two low-cost, high reward cards. They already have a solid everything. This just increases there already great reputation. At the least, ban these two cards from PVP.
i don't pvp on balance, but it's obvious to me that you don't have a balance wizard.

1) supernova~

okay, so it gets rid of the aura. but remember that you can also:

-use your 2-pip damage bubble (balance does not have one);
-shield yourself (balance can't break them without off-school tc and lots of buffing)
-use weakness (balance can't get rid of it without using off-school tc, so wallpaper your opponent with it)

2) mana burn~

it was designed to give the person in second an advantage and will not work from first (because, at that point, it's a free cast for your opponent). also, at five pips a shot, it's definitely not spammable.

-

as for what spell i'd like to see banned from pvp, i'd have to say smokescreen; between pet/trained/tc versions, it's so easy to abuse and there's no real counter for it, other than to spam dispels.

-von

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I personally think that spamming spells isn't bad or cheating. It is just annoying to a lot of people. Spamming spells is just a strategy that some people use. Also, I feel like treasure cards ruin the challenge of PvP. I think they should not be used in ranked pvp but should be allowed in practice pvp since practice pvp is more fun and laid back. Thanks for reading :)
- Gabrielle Silversword

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
I don't think any spells should be banned. They might need reworking.

I don't think TC's should be banned. As long as there are low level wizards facing higher level wizards (Which is unfair) then TC's are needed for them to stand toe to toe with them.

As stated, spamming is just a strategy some people use to win. I personally like when storm wizards try to insane bolt spam me. More often the not they wind up killing themselves, which is highly amusing to watch..

When going against Balance you need to adjust your strategy. You can't do the same things vs. every wizard.
Don't aura to avoid Supernova. Need extra pierce use Shrike or Bubble.
Watch your pip count and theirs for Mana Burn. When you see that have 2 power pips and you have a lot of pips, expect a Mana Burn the next round. So maybe use some pips this round or tower. As stated earlier any kind of weakness on balance is good. Heck for any school.

Tired of dispels, carry a lot of cleanse charms. TC's are very useful.

Errol Everhart - I like your idea for Lorermaster. 5 pips sounds like a good adjustment for the damage and dual effects it leaves. Again no spell needs to be banned, just needs reworking.

ChicoValerian - I agree on reduced effectiveness on each use of spammed spells like bolt

Things like banning healing and Tower shields is just pure crazy. You have to work for your win. Stop expecting it to be handed to you.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Cass MoonHeart on Jul 22, 2015 wrote:
I would ban jade gear. In my opinion I think it really unbalances the schools.

~Cass MoonHeart 100
With all the pierce available in the game jade is not an issue. Shrike, Pierce Globals, Infallible, Unstoppable, Jewels, TC pierce blades. Not to meantion all the gear with pierce. Try using a combination of these and jade will not be a problem.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2015
I would ban the shadow enhanced damage spells from PvP. (fire from above, glowbug squall, gaze of fate etc.)

It's just too overpowering for PvP and needs to be stopped.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
mykola230 on Jun 15, 2015 wrote:
I do disagree with treasure cards used in PvP.
But here is a suggestion.
"If you can't beat them, join them"
For now until wizard101 does something about tc used in pvp (I doubt they will but there is a small chance), you will have use tc as well. It's just how the things are now. Nothing you can do about it.

Nicholas Star
that do with ice school (can't beat there school I join them) :) also make so, much easy for them attack carry mass prims for them :) clued for others school when working on team (so, others don't waste pips for it :) unless have elucidate

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Lucas Rain on May 18, 2015 wrote:
Who is talking about Snow Angel? Not me. But taunts and dove/reduce threat spells are not useful in PvP, therefore they really have no business being there. Practically the only times they are used is when a new player packs the spell and doesn't understand what it does, then wastes a turn and pips on the useless spell.
Don't they work on minions?

Survivor
Jul 05, 2012
TheUltimateFireWiz on Aug 7, 2015 wrote:
I would ban the shadow enhanced damage spells from PvP. (fire from above, glowbug squall, gaze of fate etc.)

It's just too overpowering for PvP and needs to be stopped.
They aren't overpowering.
No spell is overpowered. It's always the player and what they decide to do.(Or just pure luck, depending on the spell)
I'd have to say, once you get the spell(s), you won't be saying the same thing.

The only spell I'm going to say is crazy and annoying is Wild Bolt and Insane Bolt. I got killed literally on the first round one time in a ranked match because I was fighting a Storm and he used Wild Bolt. (And I was Storm too!)

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Myth Student 22 on Jul 15, 2015 wrote:
1. Judgement
2.Wild/Insane bolt
3.People using treasure cards in ranked matches
James Darkforge Level 68
I agree, especially in lower level Pvp it is heartbreaking to watch my brother on his level 28 storm who doesn't use tc lose against every opponent he faces who just spams shields, weaknesses until they get enough pips for a one hit tc.

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
Insane bolt and wild bolt for sure no doubt 100% don't know why they already aren't banned

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
Errol Everhart on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:
I dislike the Loremaster spell in pvp also, but I don't think it should be banned. Because of the damage it does and the two effects it leaves behind, I think it should require 5 pips to cast instead of 4. This would certainly reduce the amount of Loremaster spamming that is so common among Balance wizards.

Wolf Windrider
Keepin' it imaginary
Nah it should be banned.

Alex watersinger, with loremaster and who uses it often.

Defender
Dec 31, 2014
I don't understand how you could get banned from PvE, I actually don't think any spell should be banned from PvE, they're fine the way they are now. Using insane bolt in PvE should not get you banned if there are other spells just as good without any risks. Also, spamming spells could be a strategy in PvE, they could help against some creatures. By the way, how could using a spell in PvP get you banned from PvE? That is something that doesn't make sense to me.

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
Unamed2 on Oct 4, 2015 wrote:
They aren't overpowering.
No spell is overpowered. It's always the player and what they decide to do.(Or just pure luck, depending on the spell)
I'd have to say, once you get the spell(s), you won't be saying the same thing.

The only spell I'm going to say is crazy and annoying is Wild Bolt and Insane Bolt. I got killed literally on the first round one time in a ranked match because I was fighting a Storm and he used Wild Bolt. (And I was Storm too!)
But, we all got killed at least one time the first turn by a FFA or a glowbug and most of us aren't storms...

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
mykola230 on Jun 5, 2015 wrote:
Well banning Taunts is useless people still don't use it in PVP so what difference does it make when you ban that spell. Just doesn't make sense.

Nicholas Star
taunt spell a threat spell (so, force people attack them then others) taunt just attack you, attack you, attack you (more use it) harder taunt, harder the attack (use in pvp) unless kingsisle chance taunt (Into new taunt for pvp) so, taunt force to trick you to force attack them then others (use taunt) example: life always heal (taunt them) attack more then healing!

Explorer
Jul 21, 2015
For Lvl. 30- No Enchants/Rank 7+ Spells

Everyone: This is a big problem in ranked pvp Everyone i battle uses tc To win

Explorer
Jul 21, 2015
samsamuelson101 on May 23, 2015 wrote:
If the choice was up to me, I would ban; 'Tower Shield', and any 'TC' cards. First off, I would band tower shield because people spend lots of time trapping and blading and they are ready to attack the someone pulls a tower shield and it's a pain to get rid of. Secondly, people shouldn't be using spells they don't have, because it's a test of strength, not how much gold you can spend on TCs especially tower shield.

Colin Rainbowpants LvL 50 Storm.
I Agree

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
Dr Von on Jul 24, 2015 wrote:
i don't pvp on balance, but it's obvious to me that you don't have a balance wizard.

1) supernova~

okay, so it gets rid of the aura. but remember that you can also:

-use your 2-pip damage bubble (balance does not have one);
-shield yourself (balance can't break them without off-school tc and lots of buffing)
-use weakness (balance can't get rid of it without using off-school tc, so wallpaper your opponent with it)

2) mana burn~

it was designed to give the person in second an advantage and will not work from first (because, at that point, it's a free cast for your opponent). also, at five pips a shot, it's definitely not spammable.

-

as for what spell i'd like to see banned from pvp, i'd have to say smokescreen; between pet/trained/tc versions, it's so easy to abuse and there's no real counter for it, other than to spam dispels.

-von
A 2 pip damage bubble is useless as balance could get a shadow pip at any time and change the bubble. Shielding is pretty useless unless you can somehow keep 2 on at a time as gaze double hits. Mana burn is extremely good as if you can predict even from first