Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Warlord vs Privates?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 09, 2009
I now have below 400 elo in PvP. I am a lvl 49 storm and play at the time most players are on so why am i getting matched against lower level warlords? I have been playing for several weeks and throughout all those weeks of pvp journey i have played against 2 privates. All the rest were knights or above. Why is this? (Ive been playing the game for 7 years just this character started pvping a couple weeks ago). I am beating several of the commanders so my elo keeps going up and down but becuase of their gear i really cant do much even if they are several levels below me.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
I'm currently lvl 80, and I've been having the same problem with pvp like this. I have to say it's honestly getting pretty ridiculous. I'm at Rank Private (308), Yeah you might be saying I suck at pvp or whatever, but it's mainly because I keep getting people that are lvl 60-70 that are warlords and out of my skill range. Does that make any sense. My question is why does this keep happening and why are privates getting warlords, shouldn't it be "Looking for people in your skill range" ?

Survivor
Nov 09, 2009
Exactly. Unless i can get ranked against someone i can actually defeat like a Knight or below than i don't want to be matched against them at all. I dont care if im lvl 50 and they are lvl 30, they have 50 universal resist and even with infallible thats still 30 resist. They have about the same health as me, and they have about the same damage as me, about 40-45. And they have pvp knowledge and know how to pvp. So in no way is this a fair match. I have beaten every single private ive played against and even some warlords. My normal match is against a warlord or a commander. Ill be lucky to get a private. PvP is completely broken and 1 sided.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2014
No kidding. Look at it from the other side. I get level 100+ privates at level 63... I see them and think "uuuuuugh, exalts", but they see me and think: "uuuugh , warlord". I win sometimes. I get killed sometimes. It's pretty balanced.

So yea, level 50 private vs level 20 warlord? Easy win for the private if s/he knows what they're doing. If not, READ SOME PVP GUIDES. There are plenty of them as is, with ideas on deck build, gear sets, and the sort.

Good luck with future matches,

~Angel Dawn lvl 63

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
PVP is correct, when it says looking for an opponent in skill range, you are several levels higher when matched with someone higher level than you. The only thing that separates you is skill and maybe an athame and ring that they redeemed with their tickets. Infact my level 12 myth is a warlord and I often go against level 30-40 sub-500 privates. Even though they may not know what they are doing have 1500-2000 health, twofold damage, and higher power pip chance can easily even out the playing field.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Ethan LegendBlade on May 7, 2016 wrote:
PVP is correct, when it says looking for an opponent in skill range, you are several levels higher when matched with someone higher level than you. The only thing that separates you is skill and maybe an athame and ring that they redeemed with their tickets. Infact my level 12 myth is a warlord and I often go against level 30-40 sub-500 privates. Even though they may not know what they are doing have 1500-2000 health, twofold damage, and higher power pip chance can easily even out the playing field.
You lost me at "PvP is correct"