Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Usage of Spells for Advanced Strategy

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
Hi.

Almost every warlord and every old warlord I've faced in pvp has had an advanced strategy. Like using Efreet then slaming me with another powerful fire spell, or Orothus then Medusa, or even simply using every advantage that comes with the progression of the match.
What are some?
Will the warlords of any level tell us their strategies that make them as sharp as a katana? Or maybe some combos for pvp that work out really well like a+ combo. If any want to tell us their advanced strategies please do so.

Now play smart and play nice

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
noahdd on Sep 21, 2013 wrote:
Hi.

Almost every warlord and every old warlord I've faced in pvp has had an advanced strategy. Like using Efreet then slaming me with another powerful fire spell, or Orothus then Medusa, or even simply using every advantage that comes with the progression of the match.
What are some?
Will the warlords of any level tell us their strategies that make them as sharp as a katana? Or maybe some combos for pvp that work out really well like a+ combo. If any want to tell us their advanced strategies please do so.

Now play smart and play nice
Death: Keep bad juju on play, With doom and keep a poison / vampire down to keep damage and health up. USe life dispels to prevent healing (Although doom / infection are better now) Have a bone dragon and a von in as well, for just in case situations.

Life: Tank, Stack life dispels and infections and then go for it with ever increasing rate of attacks. Be very tank like with this approach and keep shatter and traps.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
KOblivion on Sep 23, 2013 wrote:
Death: Keep bad juju on play, With doom and keep a poison / vampire down to keep damage and health up. USe life dispels to prevent healing (Although doom / infection are better now) Have a bone dragon and a von in as well, for just in case situations.

Life: Tank, Stack life dispels and infections and then go for it with ever increasing rate of attacks. Be very tank like with this approach and keep shatter and traps.
Death:* use Dragon after building up a few blades and infallible. Right after that prepare to use poison, have it in hand and ready. This is so that the opponent can not shield or triage or shift off the dragon with a bunch of boosts.

Low level balance or Ice: Put up infallible after gaining enough pips to effectively use a couple spells back to back, then hit rapidly with a few quick but powerful spells. Frostbite for ice keep a snowman or a wyvern in hand to finish off, and for balance I use savage paw. But not everyone has that, locust and spectral blast work just as well. You can then after 2 or 3 back to back spells use judge to finish off.

My best strategies,
Wolf Legend, Deathhammer, or Blaze Breeze

Survivor
May 15, 2012
.Constant shields, weaknesses, etc. However, sneak in a trap, and a blade every now and then. Your opponents will get mad, and say all you do is heal/turtle/etc. But, they don't see what's happening. Then infallible, and of course everyone's favorite: shatter. Do a huge gnome, then a centaur to finish it off while they are getting rid of dispels.