Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Card Banning in PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 19, 2012
This has been an ongoing debate for a long time. Here's the thing... everyone has the ability to use TCs in PVP. It's not like bought gear. Not everyone uses Crowns. Personally it doesn't bother me.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Noah Stormcaster on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
so I am level 20 and I do a lot of ranked pvp. and the problem comes when someone uses a level 40 treasure card and one shots me. it takes the fun out of it and you can have the best gear and the best strategy and totally fail. who else thinks they should take treasure cards out of pvp?

Noah Stormcaster
I have a clear view on tc's now. being i stopped as a level 10 to only pvp. To beat the mass level 25-45's i deal with daily i must farm and get -55 towers, blades and rank 6-9 treasures to place in the limited side deck of 8 cards i have for a level 10 deck. I am a warlord and holding my title no problem. I dont have all the warlord gear yet and I have lost to people below my level.

To beat level 25+ i have to one shot them with tc's , a level 5 can one shot me with few blade/trap and a judge if there is no -55 tower on. Does it bother me? nope, i can do that tatic if i wanted to but i dont care to. there are gives and takes for every action in pvp.

it comes down to a few factors

what pvp gear set you have?
what tc's you will use?
will you be using a mastery?
do you have a super pet? proof, defy, fairy minimum!

there is nothing like facing a 40 somthing and going first to see they have 3 power pips off the line. Makes it a challenge :) we cant win them all but we can try hehe I am a good 2-3 wins per 1 loss.

however if there was no tc use and it was level to level matches only we would be waiting hours to get a match it would not be worth the trouble.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
Treasure Cards addd spice to pvp.

What would normally be dull battles are much more mind bending with TC.
Think this when fighting low levels or high levels, "I know what cards they will have but I'm taking no chances." Always play defense first than go to offense, my advice.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
People are always saying, if you don't like it then go buy some tc and use it back. The way I see it is you are very well capable of buying tc, use it, don't use it, but don't whine about it.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
I wish people would stop complaining about tc. It's available to EVERYONE for use. Plus how do you think lvl 30 warlords even stand a chance against lvl 50 privates?

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Treasure cards are what makes this game's PvP unique. They aren't going anywhere. Treasure cards also allow wizards to create specialized strategies or simply for extra heals and defense.

Yes, some treasure cards are expensive, but not all are. Tower shields, weakness, and gargantuan are only a few hundred coins. If that's all you put in your sideboard, you would be well served. Your garden alone should give enough snacks and treasure cards to pay for any PvP treasure cards you might need.

Now, if only we could deal with the ultra tanks and the critical spammers.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
SneakyWolfParker on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
That is your only excuse :\
It is more of a test if you ask me..people can easily beat them without treasure cards. its just the test thats all. honestly without treasure cards i could beat a team like that there privates most likely experimenting pvp if its a legit pvp team with great gear then oh well give it a go..
With 16 cards in my deck and only about eight of them attacks. I'd love to know how I could take down a Magus-Master with only those. Sure, I have minions, but sometimes people get rid of them. Without treasure cards I wouldn't stand a chance of beating Magus-Master-Grandmaster privates. Treasure cards do help and if you see people using them, it's because they know that they can use their resources.

Also, just a side note, to draw a treasure card, they have to discard another card. Just think of that.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i use treasure cards quite shamelessly.
i have been called a tc noob more than once, but it doesn't bother me.

my pvp wizard is my level 23 pyro noob~ i pack her tc deck full of shatters, infallibles, fire dragons and efreets, even judgement (all the better to troll you with, my dear!).

i also got storm mastery from waterworks on another wizard, and it seemed a waste to let it collect dust in my shared bank... so i dress up like i'm storm (purple and yellow outfit) and cast a bunch of storm spells... then out come the fire dragons, and everyone, er, gets defeated.

i took down a magus warlord the other day~ he had uber gear and pet, and i still crushed him with my mad skillz.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Dr Von on Sep 17, 2013 wrote:
i use treasure cards quite shamelessly.
i have been called a tc noob more than once, but it doesn't bother me.

my pvp wizard is my level 23 pyro noob~ i pack her tc deck full of shatters, infallibles, fire dragons and efreets, even judgement (all the better to troll you with, my dear!).

i also got storm mastery from waterworks on another wizard, and it seemed a waste to let it collect dust in my shared bank... so i dress up like i'm storm (purple and yellow outfit) and cast a bunch of storm spells... then out come the fire dragons, and everyone, er, gets defeated.

i took down a magus warlord the other day~ he had uber gear and pet, and i still crushed him with my mad skillz.
Power to the Von LOL. But TC is a staple of most Warlords decks because we can't beat the people we fight (for me its level 50 Warlords) without them.

Wolf Legend

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
DarkstormsZ on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
Please tell me if anyone agrees with this: I think Kingsile should not allow treasure cards that are over your rank.
When you get paired with a challenging fight, treasure cards increase your ability to deal with said situations. Over level treasure cards are not OP, but not countering them with said tools is UP. Using a frostbite is stronger than a snow angel, when you put an enchantment on it. (Yes enchants are on low level gear!). it is overall weaker than the spell you could generally cast, especially without blades or against a shield.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
There are many many players who would prefer to fight without treasure cards. "Default PvP" does not allow for this obviously, so right now, your only option is to accept that you'll lose to TC, or start using TC.

However, being creative, if you would like to see a new mode withinPvP where you can limit treasure card use, see this thread and put in your 2 cents:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/pvp-modes-choose-your-type-of-duel-8ad6a415407c19770140888065047176

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Sigh, another treasure card complaint? Well, treasure cards are open to EVERYONE and YOU are choosing not to use them, and there are always shields and dispels. Treasure cards are not unfair. They are open to everyone and its your choice whether to use them or not.

Survivor
May 15, 2012
Heh, not too many warlords got there without treasures, if that tells ya anything. ;D

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
Hey, TC may not seem fair in pvp but at least they stop players from spamming powerful polymorphs and minions with tc. Besides the TC that are allowed add spice and flavour to a normally dull battle and keep you on your toes. Not every TC can be used remember, even though they may have it doesn't mean they can use it, like a lvl 20 death trying to use an efreet, unless they have a mastery there's no possible way they can.

Now play smart and play nice

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
I think the reason are complaining about this subject is because that they are too lazy to farm for their treasure cards.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2013
I'm a level 19 fire warlord with full commander gear, I got my warlord rank without any tc. I get matched up with level 40's all the time, and I easily beat them without tc. Plenty of my opponents go for a blade stacked judgement, efreet, or triton, but I don't complain. All you need is some decent resist from your gear, sufficient shields, and some heals. I don't think tc ruins the fun in pvp, if anything, it challenges us low levels. Now for the higher levels complaining about low levels using tc, if I can take a blade stacked triton from a level 40 that already has a damage boost from their gear, why can't you take a hit from a low level that has half your stats?

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
SunshineHarioSuper on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:
I'm a level 19 fire warlord with full commander gear, I got my warlord rank without any tc. I get matched up with level 40's all the time, and I easily beat them without tc. Plenty of my opponents go for a blade stacked judgement, efreet, or triton, but I don't complain. All you need is some decent resist from your gear, sufficient shields, and some heals. I don't think tc ruins the fun in pvp, if anything, it challenges us low levels. Now for the higher levels complaining about low levels using tc, if I can take a blade stacked triton from a level 40 that already has a damage boost from their gear, why can't you take a hit from a low level that has half your stats?
Well, fire can pretty much go tc free at those levels fairly easy. Max out heck hound and use a link after... Some other schools use them to aid them as a utility. Ices angel doesn't do much more than frostbite but its for the low first hit.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2011
Noah Stormcaster on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
so I am level 20 and I do a lot of ranked pvp. and the problem comes when someone uses a level 40 treasure card and one shots me. it takes the fun out of it and you can have the best gear and the best strategy and totally fail. who else thinks they should take treasure cards out of pvp?

Noah Stormcaster
lots of tc can be annoying, such as wild bolt for instance, it is really unfair because with only 2 pips, you get a chance to do over 1000 damage with nothing and 1 hit someone in pvp.(specifically low level pvp) using vengeance

but some can be helpful such as reshuffle, blades, and more healing. sooo-
treasure cards shouldn't be completely banned, just limited.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
Yea..I agree with you..

I'm awesome at pvp when there isn't TC used, but when the opponent starts using TC..it can get a bit hard to win.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2013
Hey yes.I am a level 36 warlord and I face lvl 90 of all schools.How do I win without tc?Tc is part of the game dude.I bet you are one of those archmage privates who picks on low levels.Dude stop complaining about treasure cards!!!Deal with it

Survivor
Mar 22, 2013
How can I show off my skills when I am a level 36 against a 90 with out tc?Get real Ashley and stop complaining

Survivor
Mar 22, 2013
Could I be a level 36 and beat a lvl 90 without tc?

Wolf Star PVP Warlord Rank 2397 whats your rank wolf legend now?

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
I Don't Think they should take out treasure cards from PvP For example lets say you were to face a level 10 yes, it might be unfair to use the spell Medusa, the spell Ra, the spell Dr. Von's Monster etc., but it is for their protection.
Quin GoldGlen

Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
In my opinion, TC shouldn't be allowed. However in some circumstances it should be allowed. Like a level 5 vs a level 90. The higher level has an unfair advantage. In this case the lower level should be allowed to use TC. That way they actually have a chance at winning. Also, TC should be allowed when a player runs out of cards. I have done TC a few times because I ran out of cards. In any other times TC should not be allowed. I wouldn't fully call TC cheating, but when someone uses it when the playing field is balanced it is cheating.

Lvl 70

Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
I agree with the level thing, when I was pvp as a lvl 10, a player used wild bolt on the first turn and beat me easily, I didn't get to cast anything , So I do think tc cards ruin the fun, unless they are banned or put under a level restriction