Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Take the phrase "gg" out.

1
AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
I think they need to block the phrase gg or good game, everyone thinks its a nice thing to say after a match but when people lose thats the LAST thing they want to hear and I wanted people to be aware of that, thats why they don't say it back.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
1309
Would you rather have them say "HA HA, I beat you to a pulp" or "you're a noob"?

I have said GG or Good Game as a winner and as a loser. I believe the only ones that take it as an insult would be the ones that hate to lose. Take the phrase as someone complementing you on your skill at dueling.

The honor of dueling is not in winning. The honor lies in having the opportunity to do your best in a test that matches your skills with someone else of equal or greater strength.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
593
bravevline wrote:
I think they need to block the phrase gg or good game, everyone thinks its a nice thing to say after a match but when people lose thats the LAST thing they want to hear and I wanted people to be aware of that, thats why they don't say it back.

That's because those people are SORE LOSERS. Sore losers do not need to be compensated by removing a standard, common phrase.

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
105
Personal preference i guess. Most games i do actually say gg and i don't care if it's polite or not i say it because i mean it.

Even though i very rarely lose a match i will still say gg if it was a good match. Just because you lost doesn't make it a bad match imo unless you are a sore loser or a kid not used to being told no of course :). (last part wasn't directed at anyone in particular)

A loss in my eyes is a hint on how to improve my deck and my own gameplay. Of course if the opponents wins on lucky crits and have displayed no skill during the match that's another story and i will forego the gg remark(happends less and less though with conviction).

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
369
... What's wrong with saying "good game" to someone, even if they lost? It's a way of complimenting them, saying "Hey, I know you lost, but man did you put up a serious good fight. Way to go - keep it up! ".

Or perhaps you'd prefer "HAHAHA LOOOOOOSER!" instead of a more positive comment...?

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
33
Taking out the phrase "good game?" It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, it's a nice thing to say. I mean, when I lose I always like to hear good game from the other person and I say it right back. I mean, it's humiliating to be defeated in a battle but you can't be a sore loser. You just have to move on. And I would definitely like the other person to say good game rather than "Man, I flattened you like a pancake! LOL, in your FACE!!" Also, if you win, it's an expression to say how well the other person put up against you. Usually it's a very close match unless they paired you up someone way higher than you. Good game or gg is a way of being polite and they shouldn't remove just because of sore losers.

Myrna Dragon
Master Thaumaturge - Level 48

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
I am just saying many people don't like to hear it when they lose, I use to say it and even though I didn't like hearing it when I lost I said it anyways because it would make me look bad to say it when I win and not when I lose, but nowdays, I just don't say anything in pvp. Negative or positive, nothing beats being exceedlingly bland with your actions.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
Defender
Nov 25, 2009
160
bravevline wrote:
I think they need to block the phrase gg or good game, everyone thinks its a nice thing to say after a match

It is a nice thing to say, win or lose.

but when people lose thats the LAST thing they want to hear
Plenty of people want to hear it. In fact, at times when I have beat someone in a duel, they were the first person to say good game.

and I wanted people to be aware of that, thats why they don't say it back.
Really? Are you sure? People pretty much always say it back to me and/or someone I was watching in a duel. Are you talking about people without text chat? In that case, they can't hear you say gg.

Live long and prosper.
Destiny Dragoncoin level 56 Balance/Ice/Fire/Storm Snake
Wait.... one storm card? What is up with that?! LOL! Have a nice day.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
Merekid wrote:
bravevline wrote:
I think they need to block the phrase gg or good game, everyone thinks its a nice thing to say after a match

It is a nice thing to say, win or lose.

but when people lose thats the LAST thing they want to hear
Plenty of people want to hear it. In fact, at times when I have beat someone in a duel, they were the first person to say good game.

and I wanted people to be aware of that, thats why they don't say it back.
Really? Are you sure? People pretty much always say it back to me and/or someone I was watching in a duel. Are you talking about people without text chat? In that case, they can't hear you say gg.

Live long and prosper.
Destiny Dragoncoin level 56 Balance/Ice/Fire/Storm Snake
Wait.... one storm card? What is up with that?! LOL! Have a nice day.
This to has happened to me when they say it first but you never know when your saying it to the wrong person.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
588
bravevline wrote:
I think they need to block the phrase gg or good game, everyone thinks its a nice thing to say after a match but when people lose thats the LAST thing they want to hear and I wanted people to be aware of that, thats why they don't say it back.


the only reason they dont say it back is because they're jealous. also they dont have good sportsmanship and sounds like you dont either. why would KI take that out?????????????

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
588
bravevline wrote:
I am just saying many people don't like to hear it when they lose, I use to say it and even though I didn't like hearing it when I lost I said it anyways because it would make me look bad to say it when I win and not when I lose, but nowdays, I just don't say anything in pvp. Negative or positive, nothing beats being exceedlingly bland with your actions.


dude your the only one that thinks they should, maybe people that lose should say it back so they dont look like SORE LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you say it back then there's a great chance that the winner will ask you to 2v2

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
bravevline wrote:
I think they need to block the phrase gg or good game, everyone thinks its a nice thing to say after a match but when people lose thats the LAST thing they want to hear and I wanted people to be aware of that, thats why they don't say it back.


the only reason they dont say it back is because they're jealous. also they dont have good sportsmanship and sounds like you dont either. why would KI take that out?????????????
It makes other people mad, along time ago when I used to say there were people who would go "not it wasn't" and say their rude remarks like "healing noob!" and such things as this. Thats why now days in pvp I resort to just not talking, works everytime, rather they say it or not. I just say nothing and teleport away win or lose.

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
160
bravevline wrote:
This to has happened to me when they say it first but you never know when your saying it to the wrong person.


Well, I have come across some nuts before as well. But think of it this way, if people get over the top in this pvp stuff and cry because you said they did a good job, it just shows who is more an adult in that case.

Besides, why should you care about a few people who hate hearing kind words when being polite could cause you to gain some very good friends along the way?

Live long and prosper.
Destiny Dragoncoin level 56 Balance/Ice/Fire/Storm Snake

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
Merekid wrote:
bravevline wrote:
This to has happened to me when they say it first but you never know when your saying it to the wrong person.


Well, I have come across some nuts before as well. But think of it this way, if people get over the top in this pvp stuff and cry because you said they did a good job, it just shows who is more an adult in that case.

Besides, why should you care about a few people who hate hearing kind words when being polite could cause you to gain some very good friends along the way?

Live long and prosper.
Destiny Dragoncoin level 56 Balance/Ice/Fire/Storm Snake
im sry but i also dont like to hear gg when i lose (i dont get all mean and hateful.) i just leave win or lose and im dont want to be exceedling polite and nice like that that would put me above average and thats not where i wanna be i want to just be average

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
588
bravevline wrote:
Merekid wrote:
bravevline wrote:
This to has happened to me when they say it first but you never know when your saying it to the wrong person.


Well, I have come across some nuts before as well. But think of it this way, if people get over the top in this pvp stuff and cry because you said they did a good job, it just shows who is more an adult in that case.

Besides, why should you care about a few people who hate hearing kind words when being polite could cause you to gain some very good friends along the way?

Live long and prosper.
Destiny Dragoncoin level 56 Balance/Ice/Fire/Storm Snake
im sry but i also dont like to hear gg when i lose (i dont get all mean and hateful.) i just leave win or lose and im dont want to be exceedling polite and nice like that that would put me above average and thats not where i wanna be i want to just be average


well you have bad sportsmanship.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
338
I always say GG! Doesn't matter if I lose or win! Dont be a sore sport.
One time I lost in a 4v4 and i said "GG", and the other guys just kept saying "WOOT" and "HA!". I just ignored them...
B.W. lvl57 Pyromancer
F.S. lvl11 Necromancer :D

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
2
It is funny how mad people get when they lose. I mean if you can not stand to hear good game when you lose why even play? I guess I am a noob in this community, I came over from WoW. I pvp on both a lvl 31 balance and a lvl5 life. What gets me is when people report you because they lost. It is called sportsmanship. If you can not stand to lose then maybe you should stop playing pvp. Learn some strats and move on! oh ya and GG. I appricate hearing it if I lose and I always say it when I win. It is a lot better than saying "My level 5 just owned your lvl 19 storm how lame are you!" so GG.

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
200
It's a good phrase to show people that your polite (or whatever). Would you rather hear "Ha! I beat you" or "gg (Good game)? Think about it.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
251
I am not a great pvper, I remember i would get mad and think "they cheated". Now i just accept the fact that I lost, say GG even if I lose, then just move on in life.

Survivor
Oct 27, 2010
1
There wil always be players that cant take there loss or win and compliment the other player/players with a Good Game.
Have been doing a bunch off fights with both my life as my death wizards and i can remember one fight i did, we had a great fight one vs one it lasted for about thirty minutes, at the end i won i complimented him on a good fight and he reported me for using in his eyes faul Language .

my mouth fell on the floor i couldnt believe what i was seeing but people from all over the world and with all ages are playing the game we cant assume that were all good losers at some point.

Kind regarts ,

Nicholas Lifemender lvl 42 life
Nicholas lvl 45 death
Neela Darkeyes lvl 45 Myth

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
755
in truth it is the loser who should be saying gg to the winner as a way of complimenting on skill.
and if some one reports you for complimenting them over a match simply let support know and they will take care of it.

there is a group of people who feel it is ok to do this and KI needs to deal with them for falsely turning in reports and causing trouble

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
bravevline wrote:
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
bravevline wrote:
I think they need to block the phrase gg or good game, everyone thinks its a nice thing to say after a match but when people lose thats the LAST thing they want to hear and I wanted people to be aware of that, thats why they don't say it back.


the only reason they dont say it back is because they're jealous. also they dont have good sportsmanship and sounds like you dont either. why would KI take that out?????????????
It makes other people mad, along time ago when I used to say there were people who would go "not it wasn't" and say their rude remarks like "healing noob!" and such things as this. Thats why now days in pvp I resort to just not talking, works everytime, rather they say it or not. I just say nothing and teleport away win or lose.


people like to say gg when it was a good game, but that doesn't mean every game is a good game and so people say stuff like no it wasn't cause it really wasn't (sorry if you are anti-honesty)

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
398
seasnake wrote:
bravevline wrote:
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
bravevline wrote:
I think they need to block the phrase gg or good game, everyone thinks its a nice thing to say after a match but when people lose thats the LAST thing they want to hear and I wanted people to be aware of that, thats why they don't say it back.


the only reason they dont say it back is because they're jealous. also they dont have good sportsmanship and sounds like you dont either. why would KI take that out?????????????
It makes other people mad, along time ago when I used to say there were people who would go "not it wasn't" and say their rude remarks like "healing noob!" and such things as this. Thats why now days in pvp I resort to just not talking, works everytime, rather they say it or not. I just say nothing and teleport away win or lose.


people like to say gg when it was a good game, but that doesn't mean every game is a good game and so people say stuff like no it wasn't cause it really wasn't (sorry if you are anti-honesty)


"GG" is subjective, I suppose. On the one hand, when you lose, it can feel nice to have the other player tell you that it was a good fight. On the other, getting totally smoked and being told it was a good game can make you feel that the other player is being condescending. (Not to mentaion that being told "gg" when you win can make you want to say "thx, captain obvious!")

Personally, I say "GG" unless the other player got absolutely pwned (then we encounter the latter situation). Otherwise, as I said, I will always say "Good fight" or some such thing.

Erm... "anti-honesty?" Huh. Again, subjective.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
705
Personally, I say "GG" unless the other player got absolutely pwned (then we encounter the latter situation). Otherwise, as I said, I will always say "Good fight" or some such thing.

I think it comes down to good sportsmanship. Saying "gg" at the end of a match is simply courtesy, a nice way to end the interaction, regardless of the outcome.

IMHO, being angry over "gg" in PVP is a sign of poor sportsmanship. I don't think the phrase should be banned, I think players should be ready to accept defeat with good grace.

Rowan Earthsong, PVP Sergeant
Scarlet Ravensong, PVP Veteran

1